Club Soccer

Guest SOCCER

I am new to the area and am looking for a good club soccer program. I have heard about SRUSA and Hiawatha. My son would be playing in the 12 and under. Anyone have any thoughts on those two clubs

I am new to the area and am looking for a good club soccer program. I have heard about SRUSA and Hiawatha. My son would be playing in the 12 and under. Anyone have any thoughts on those two clubs

where do you live?

you would probably want to have your son play with kids he will be going to school with unless the local club is terrible

where do you live?

you would probably want to have your son play with kids he will be going to school with unless the local club is terrible

We wil be in the SV district. I have only heard about these two clubs, not sure how the coaches are at the u-12 level.

Truthful answer: If you're son is a below average player and/or has no aspirations to play at the next level, have him play for a local club team. If heis an above average player and loves the game of soccer, have him play for BC Fusion. Fusion does cost a bit more money, but the training you're son will receive in return is worth it.

If you're looking for a lower cost option than BC Fusion, Soaring Capital in Elmira is a very nice option. Same training and competition as BC Fusion, but much less to play.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hiawatha is a quality club with excellent coaches. The "politics" are kept to a minimum.

Guest Guest
Hiawatha is a quality club with excellent coaches. The "politics" are kept to a minimum.

Hiawatha is a recreactional "club" that plays low level competition. Again, if your son is looking to play a lesser level of the game with coaches that aren't able to develop high level players, then maybe Hiawatha is a good option.

Hiawatha is a recreactional "club" that plays low level competition. Again, if your son is looking to play a lesser level of the game with coaches that aren't able to develop high level players, then maybe Hiawatha is a good option.

if your son goes to sv thenmaybe you should try sru.they have some good coaches ,though i'm not sure at which level your son is at

Guest Guest
if your son goes to sv thenmaybe you should try sru.they have some good coaches ,though i'm not sure at which level your son is at

SRU is another small club who gets little notice outside of the immediate area. If you're son is a solid player, Fusion would be the correct decision.

Guest soccer_fan
SRU is another small club who gets little notice outside of the immediate area. If you're son is a solid player, Fusion would be the correct decision.

The kid is 12 years old why does he need to be noticed outside the area? If the kid goes to SV his best choice by far is SRU, so he gets to know the kids he'll play with and they do a good job training young players.

Guest Guest

[/quote

While I agree the child should play with boys he will go to school with, how dare you classify Hiawatha as a low level rec club. Hiawatha is extremely competative and can hold its own against any club. The coaches at Hiawatha are, for the most part, very competative and qualified to coach. While they may not be professional, I assure you most kids in the club could not get better coaches even if they went fusion. most have made the choice that fusion is not worth the money or time. I for one know for a fact that fusion can offer my child nothing compared to what is offered at Hiawatha.

Guest Guest
While I agree the child should play with boys he will go to school with, how dare you classify Hiawatha as a low level rec club. Hiawatha is extremely competative and can hold its own against any club. The coaches at Hiawatha are, for the most part, very competative and qualified to coach. While they may not be professional, I assure you most kids in the club could not get better coaches even if they went fusion. most have made the choice that fusion is not worth the money or time. I for one know for a fact that fusion can offer my child nothing compared to what is offered at Hiawatha.

Pull your head out of the sand. Hiawatha IS a recreactional club. They play against low level teams in the BCSA and their coaches have limited soccer knowledge at best with insignificant or no licenses. I've seen teams like Hiawatha, SRU, Vestal Extreme, etc. play and while they may have a few good athletes, they play a poor system of soccer and aren't being taught the game correctly. Do you realize that when you play a Soaring Capital or Fusion team in BCSA it's a "B" or "C" team from that age group? The best players from each age group play in the Upstate Premier, Upstate Travel, WAPS, or Region I leagues.

Guest Guest
Pull your head out of the sand. Hiawatha IS a recreactional club. They play against low level teams in the BCSA and their coaches have limited soccer knowledge at best with insignificant or no licenses. I've seen teams like Hiawatha, SRU, Vestal Extreme, etc. play and while they may have a few good athletes, they play a poor system of soccer and aren't being taught the game correctly. Do you realize that when you play a Soaring Capital or Fusion team in BCSA it's a "B" or "C" team from that age group? The best players from each age group play in the Upstate Premier, Upstate Travel, WAPS, or Region I leagues.

you could not be more wrong about Hiawatha. fusion wants many of our players, most of which have no intention of ever going. in fact, more players have come back to Hiawatha from fusion than not. Hiawatha has many quality, qualified coaches with plenty of experience. have you ever been involved in the club? you really should know what you are talking about before you go saying such negative things. Hiawatha's record speaks for itself.

Guest Guest
you could not be more wrong about Hiawatha. fusion wants many of our players, most of which have no intention of ever going. in fact, more players have come back to Hiawatha from fusion than not. Hiawatha has many quality, qualified coaches with plenty of experience. have you ever been involved in the club? you really should know what you are talking about before you go saying such negative things. Hiawatha's record speaks for itself.

Hiawatha's "record" is against BCSA teams. It's the Junior Varsity club league of New York State.

Also, before you start making generalizations, please have some validity to them? Who are these "qualified coaches"? What licenses do they have?

I'm sure Hiawatha does have a couple players that Fusion would like, but the fact of the matter is, Fusion has a LARGE amount of players that Hiawatha would like. Let me ask you this, if Hiawatha is a better program than Fusion, why do the best players in Owego play for Fusion (ie, Nick Gregg?)?

Guest Guest
Hiawatha's "record" is against BCSA teams. It's the Junior Varsity club league of New York State.

Also, before you start making generalizations, please have some validity to them? Who are these "qualified coaches"? What licenses do they have?

I'm sure Hiawatha does have a couple players that Fusion would like, but the fact of the matter is, Fusion has a LARGE amount of players that Hiawatha would like. Let me ask you this, if Hiawatha is a better program than Fusion, why do the best players in Owego play for Fusion (ie, Nick Gregg?)?

where did I say Hiawatha has the best players? or was a "better" program? while you seem to be pretty familiar with Hiawatha and its record, you don't know quite as much as you would have us believe. all I said was, hiawatha has experienced, competative coaches. many players have left hiawatha and gone to fusion, only to come back because at hiawatha, they got training equivelent to fusion, for less money and stress.

Guest Guest
where did I say Hiawatha has the best players? or was a "better" program? while you seem to be pretty familiar with Hiawatha and its record, you don't know quite as much as you would have us believe. all I said was, hiawatha has experienced, competative coaches. many players have left hiawatha and gone to fusion, only to come back because at hiawatha, they got training equivelent to fusion, for less money and stress.

Hiawatha does NOT have equivalent training to Fusion. If that were the case, Hiawatha would be competitive with Fusion teams and challenging themselves with leagues that Fusion teams play in. Again, I asked for coaches names WITH licenses and you couldn't provide any.

Clubs around the Section IV area that provide outstaning training, while playing in COMPETITIVE leagues:

BC Fusion

Soaring Capital

TC United

Other clubs around the state that compete in the same leagues as these teams:

Rochester Football Club

Rochester Jr. Rhinos

CNY United

Syracuse Football Club

Syracuse Blitz

Buffalo United

It's not ironic that all the teams in BCSA are playing against local talent. The best talent in Broome County is playing against the above teams!!

Guest Guest

Hiawatha has a decent record only because they play teams similar to themselves. If you want a kick-the-ball and run around match you'll enjoy Hiawatha as much as any other rec program. If your son wants to seriously play, look elsewhere. Also if you are in the SV district Owego would be a real drive for you- it is out in the sticks, a half an hour west of Endicott.

Guest Guest
Hiawatha has a decent record only because they play teams similar to themselves. If you want a kick-the-ball and run around match you'll enjoy Hiawatha as much as any other rec program. If your son wants to seriously play, look elsewhere. Also if you are in the SV district Owego would be a real drive for you- it is out in the sticks, a half an hour west of Endicott.

Exactly, the BCSA is known as a recreational league with recreational teams.. The better teams in the region play at least Upstate Travel. Kids are learning VERY little about the game when they play against the competition in BCSA.

Guest Guest

Interesting ..... the JC boys Varsity team has extremely limited Fusion contact yet it's currently one of the best in the area. They met Vestal in the STAC finals. Vestal with 18 seniors and almost all Fusion against JC with almost all underclassmen and almost no Fusion. Vestal did win but it was more of a matter of maturity and depth (and Kristek) than anything else. I contend that a group of kids that practice, train, and play together for years under a good coach will develop into a better team than the one that has 6 to 8 "premier" players placed on it for a few months out of the year.

Guest Guest
Interesting ..... the JC boys Varsity team has extremely limited Fusion contact yet it's currently one of the best in the area. They met Vestal in the STAC finals. Vestal with 18 seniors and almost all Fusion against JC with almost all underclassmen and almost no Fusion. Vestal did win but it was more of a matter of maturity and depth (and Kristek) than anything else. I contend that a group of kids that practice, train, and play together for years under a good coach will develop into a better team than the one that has 6 to 8 "premier" players placed on it for a few months out of the year.

You've talked yourself into a corner. JC was dominated by two players (Brkovic and Collins). BOTH are Fusion players...

Guest Guest
You've talked yourself into a corner. JC was dominated by two players (Brkovic and Collins). BOTH are Fusion players...

yeah, not to mention trained by a high licensed coach.

the jc team is a little unusual.

it did have two exceptional players in collins and brkovic.but it was more than that.you are forgetting about sean cootswho did a great job last year and will probably replace collins in the middle.they also have6-8 more players who have played together since they were about 6,several of whom have played for fusion.their club team has been almost exclusively jc kids and competed very well locally and out of the area.they have had excellent club coaches over the years and a very good school coach,who does work with fusion.so from august to november they have training 6 days a week with a fusion coach for 2-3 hours a day.this team has excelled at all levels of school ball and will have a good year this coming year. after this next year we will see how good the coach is with the players coming up

Archived