Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

What are people's thoughts on the soccer season so far as most teams enter the second go around of playing each other? Who looks good, who looks like they might challenge come sectional time.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are people's thoughts on the soccer season so far as most teams enter the second go around of playing each other? Who looks good, who looks like they might challenge come sectional time.

It looks like it's wide open. Vestal and Ithaca will challenge each other for the AA title, while M-E, EFA, Owego, and JC will battle it out for the A title. M-E is undefeated, but they play a relatively weak schedule and haven't proven they can beat a quality program as of yet. JC and especially Owego seem to be a bit down this season along with the rest of STAC East and Central. EFA is not giving up many goals, but they aren't scoring many either. Vestal looks like the team to beat in AA, but they aren't head and shoulders better than the rest like they were last season. Should be a great sectional year.

It looks like it's wide open. Vestal and Ithaca will challenge each other for the AA title, while M-E, EFA, Owego, and JC will battle it out for the A title. M-E is undefeated, but they play a relatively weak schedule and haven't proven they can beat a quality program as of yet. JC and especially Owego seem to be a bit down this season along with the rest of STAC East and Central. EFA is not giving up many goals, but they aren't scoring many either. Vestal looks like the team to beat in AA, but they aren't head and shoulders better than the rest like they were last season. Should be a great sectional year.

Hold on sparky. How can you whack ME by saying ME hasn't beat anyone yet you mention JC and Owego like they are the premiere programs?

Hold on sparky. How can you whack ME by saying ME hasn't beat anyone yet you mention JC and Owego like they are the premiere programs?

Who cares, soccer is good for one thing creating field goal kickers.

I think you read it wrong. I said that JC and Owego are down this season compared to others. The entire STAC East isn't challenged game in and game out. There are alot of gimmies on that schedule.

i think m-e and vestal are the big surprise.jc is looking better and better each time out.efa is surpising in that the west looks like it sucks.

its surprising that m-e is ranked #2 in the state and jc is not ranked. after all m-e is one offsides non call from being beaten by jc.

look out for oneonta come sectional time,i think sv is overrated

SV vs ME tonight. We will see how "over-rated" SV is.

Subtle personel-position adjustments should serve to bolster the Sabers attack while fortifying it's defense.

Still see them as the #1 seed in Class B come sectional time.

Agree on JC improving, as well as Owego.

Class A is the deepest in terms of talent.

Expect that ME will lose at least once in STAC (possibly twice).

SV vs ME tonight. We will see how "over-rated" SV is.

Subtle personel-position adjustments should serve to bolster the Sabers attack while fortifying it's defense.

Still see them as the #1 seed in Class B come sectional time.

Agree on JC improving, as well as Owego.

Class A is the deepest in terms of talent.

Expect that ME will lose at least once in STAC (possibly twice).

Go SV, I will never say another bad thing about you guys if you can beat ME. But thats just me.......

i think m-e and vestal are the big surprise.jc is looking better and better each time out.efa is surpising in that the west looks like it sucks.

its surprising that m-e is ranked #2 in the state and jc is not ranked. after all m-e is one offsides non call from being beaten by jc.

look out for oneonta come sectional time,i think sv is overrated

SV 6 ME 1

It was 7-1...Not a very well played game at all by M-E...Did not capitalize on early chances. M-E just gave up after the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half after having a decent amount of momentum

{SV vs ME tonight. We will see how "over-rated" SV is.}

{Subtle personel-position adjustments should serve to bolster the Sabers attack while fortifying it's defense.}

SV 7

ME 1

Looks like the subtle adjustments worked for the Sabers. You can place the "over-rated" tag on ME for the time being.

Impressive victory.

STAC Title could go to any one of 5 teams at this point.

Vestal

JC

SV

ME

EFA

JC fan thanks the kids at SV for taking apart ME.But if the coach thinks that Rathbun is better than Danni, he needs some professional help with his therapist.Sorry-oh by the way, where was Rathbun when he lost to JC?

Not getting the touches that he is now ...

Funny how playing the kids in the proper positions / alignment will generate much better results.

Good luck - JC fan - when you face ME again. You'll need to win that game before you get beat by Owego .

Not getting the touches that he is now ...

Funny how playing the kids in the proper positions / alignment will generate much better results.

I hope you aren't trying to take a shot at SV for taking so long to figure out that they needed to switch formations. For all the grief SV has taken for winning a lot against the weaker teams in STAC people also forget what it may cost them. Its really tough for a team to find out they need to switch when they have to play teams like that because they win pretty easily so the lineups weaknesses get disguised.

As for SV this season, lets not forget that the Seton loss came with SV playing short players. SV was at times playing 11 v 9 due to injuries and the the coach benching kids for discipline that game, but you never saw anyone come on here and say that until now. The Owego loss also came with SV have their best defender out for the game, but they still went to OT. I think that anyone who overlooks SV could be making a big mistake and ME may have done that.

Well, you should tell your kids to play the best they can no matter who they play.

The STAC has shown us one thing this, unpredictability.

The comment on Rathbun being the best in the STAC, this isn't new. Mydlinski always backs his players. Rathbun is an excellent player, no doubt. Not sure if his physical stature matches that of Dani. Pure speed and shooting Rathbun is better. Finishing, size and strength, and ball handling all go to Dani. Dani isn't lacking in speed or shooting so he gets the nod in my book. Can't blame the coach for backing his kid.

Well, you should tell your kids to play the best they can no matter who they play.

The comment on Rathbun being the best in the STAC, this isn't new. Mydlinski always backs his players. Rathbun is an excellent player, no doubt. Not sure if his physical stature matches that of Dani. Pure speed and shooting Rathbun is better. Finishing, size and strength, and ball handling all go to Dani. Dani isn't lacking in speed or shooting so he gets the nod in my book. Can't blame the coach for backing his kid.

Agreed, totally

To be honest, i've seen Rathburn play and although he's a talented player, I can name a handful of players that are better than he is:

Dani Brkovic - JC

Mike Weaver - Elmira Southside

Ben Bouvet-Bosclair - Ithaca

Francesco Mannino - EFA

Tyler Pianella - U-E

To be honest, i've seen Rathburn play and although he's a talented player, I can name a handful of players that are better than he is:

Dani Brkovic - JC

Mike Weaver - Elmira Southside

Ben Bouvet-Bosclair - Ithaca

Francesco Mannino - EFA

Tyler Pianella - U-E

Add Mike Spadine to that list.

Archived