Soccer Season So Far Thoughts

Guest guest

vestal may not be as "stong" as last year but you cant say there not good. Any team coming off a state title is hard to back up. They are still 10-0 around the section and you say they havent beaten anybody good, well for being 10-0 i would say that everyteam in the section must "suck" if vestal beat them. give the guys a break

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vestal may not be as "stong" as last year but you cant say there not good. Any team coming off a state title is hard to back up. They are still 10-0 around the section and you say they havent beaten anybody good, well for being 10-0 i would say that everyteam in the section must "suck" if vestal beat them. give the guys a break

um they do all "suck"

Im an Ithaca parent and support them but to say vestal is bad? Ive watched 6 of their games and their goalie does have a temper but he must be top 3 in section. The defense is weak on the outside but the two center backs are very good(the reason we lost twice to them) and seem to make up for the outside. The mid feild is strong centrally and on the left side and two strikers who while they arent amazing can put the ball in the net. If we dont beat Vestal in sectionals, they're going places.

Vestals center defenders are great. Vestal has allowed two goals this season, both in one game against UE. the first goal was a 35 yard shot, which was just amazing no chance of saving it. After that goal the defense seemed to get down on their selves and misscommunicated getting scored on again in less than a minute. Without that first goal against them they would have allowed 0 goals this year

I was over at Binghamton watching a modified game between Binghamton and UE. Here's a prediction -- UE's soccer team is going to become tops in the state in the very near future. When these guys (it was the black team) get to high school, look out. And I hear there are some really good players on their other modified team as well. UE WILL be at the top within 2 or 3 years if not sooner.

I was over at Binghamton watching a modified game between Binghamton and UE. Here's a prediction -- UE's soccer team is going to become tops in the state in the very near future. When these guys (it was the black team) get to high school, look out. And I hear there are some really good players on their other modified team as well. UE WILL be at the top within 2 or 3 years if not sooner.

Easy there.....modified success rarely is an indication of success at the varsity level. A lot changes in those years. The kids you think are stars at the modified level may be just average when they get to varsity, and kids who are average can become superstars by varsity.

Im an Ithaca parent and support them but to say vestal is bad? Ive watched 6 of their games and their goalie does have a temper but he must be top 3 in section. The defense is weak on the outside but the two center backs are very good(the reason we lost twice to them) and seem to make up for the outside. The mid feild is strong centrally and on the left side and two strikers who while they arent amazing can put the ball in the net. If we dont beat Vestal in sectionals, they're going places.

haha thats a joke if you are honestly comparing this years team to the state championship team. all starters on the team are way weaker than last year and there is no bench this year. joke of a goalie with economou, horrible defense compared to last year. only good midfielder is the other economou but noone can do anything by themselves. they have good forwards but noone can get them the ball and when they play a good team they will get smoked

Yeah i agree completely, they suck so bad...Oh wait, i forgot that Vestal played St. Anthony's to a 3-2 loss, and what, St. Anthony's is one of the top teams in the state and the nation. And to say their defense sucks, how does 12 shut outs sound retard, thats what i thought...

I don't understand how Vestal's outside defenders are so weak. They completely shut down Ithaca's forwards, and they have recorded 12 shutouts this season out of 13 regular season games. Yea the center defenders are great, but 2 defenders can't do it all. With 12 shutouts the outside backs must be pretty good as well. Oh and by the way, 2 of those 12 shutouts were against your team, Ithaca...

Guest Guest-Guestie-*
Good player and keeper....probably best on their two sides of the STAC....but probably 2nd and or 3rd best overall in STAC with Spadine right there and Hayen....OHS keeper only one being looked at by multiple D1 schools.

I would like to add that Wagstaff is quite the addition to his team this year. He's outdone the opposing goalie every match he's played in. The way that kid takes away team's corner kicks is ridiculous, it's like he wants them to get one. His mohawk is one of a kind as well, and he's a leader. Screw Hayen.

Guest ONYEWU

Mike economou is the most technically sound goalkeeper in the section. His athletic ability is rediculous and his ability to read the game, superb. I dont understand all the talk about him being bad im assuming those people are members of lower skilled teams such as UE, Binghamton and EFA. Vestal crushed EFA 4-0 while playing second string players for around 40 minutes of the match, and this game was suppossed to be the "real Test" for them. Vestals back 4 gets the job done time after time (ONYEWU) and the midfeilders and forwards produce the goals and control they need adn that other section 4 teams are missing.

Mike economou is the most technically sound goalkeeper in the section. His athletic ability is rediculous and his ability to read the game, superb. I dont understand all the talk about him being bad im assuming those people are members of lower skilled teams such as UE, Binghamton and EFA. Vestal crushed EFA 4-0 while playing second string players for around 40 minutes of the match, and this game was suppossed to be the "real Test" for them. Vestals back 4 gets the job done time after time (ONYEWU) and the midfeilders and forwards produce the goals and control they need adn that other section 4 teams are missing.

Economou is decent at most. The kid has a temper just like his washed up father. Hes not as athletic as you would like to think he is. He doesnt control the game. Its safe safe to say he isnt the top goalie in the section. Good defense makes the goalie look even better. Look at when Vestal went to the HOF tournament and played teams that were just as strong as vestal, he didnt make the big saves and they got killed. shots from 35 yards out going in? youd have enough time to get out of the bleachers and make the save. No player on U-E can hit a ball that hard to make it from 35 out

Economou is decent at most. The kid has a temper just like his washed up father. Hes not as athletic as you would like to think he is. He doesnt control the game. Its safe safe to say he isnt the top goalie in the section. Good defense makes the goalie look even better. Look at when Vestal went to the HOF tournament and played teams that were just as strong as vestal, he didnt make the big saves and they got killed. shots from 35 yards out going in? youd have enough time to get out of the bleachers and make the save. No player on U-E can hit a ball that hard to make it from 35 out

Seriously, you people need to wake up, obviously econ is lacking some type of athletic ability you think he has when some U-E failure drills a 35 yarder on him. When i heard wagstaff left owego i knew he'd do things at CV, and although their record doesn't show it, the way he played us last year he means business, they are going somewhere. Not to mention i was at the match against his old school and Spadine or anyone else had no chance in the air with this kid, he's legit. If you ask me it's probably Hayen, Wagstaff, and Tyler

Guest Guest-Mike-*
Vestals center defenders are great. Vestal has allowed two goals this season, both in one game against UE. the first goal was a 35 yard shot, which was just amazing no chance of saving it. After that goal the defense seemed to get down on their selves and misscommunicated getting scored on again in less than a minute. Without that first goal against them they would have allowed 0 goals this year

It has nothing to do with econ, the kid can kick the ball far, so what.

The two people best in between the posts in Section 4 are clearly Tyler Spadine, and Wagstaff? from CV.

Pretty weird last name but that kid knows how to stop, and hold onto a ball. You can't ask for better size then that kid has.

Spadine isn't as good in the air but he is probably more technically sound then wagstaff.

who do you think, wags or spud?

I dont understand all the talk about him being bad im assuming those people are members of lower skilled teams such as UE, Binghamton and EFA.

If U-E and EFA are "lowered skilled teams in STAC" then Vestal must be pretty bad as well. They only beat U-E 3-2 and EFA 1-0 in OT earlier this season, not to mention I think they tied EFA last season and they are a class A team. Those statements were pretty ignorant.

The two people best in between the posts in Section 4 are clearly Tyler Spadine, and Wagstaff? from CV.

Pretty weird last name but that kid knows how to stop, and hold onto a ball. You can't ask for better size then that kid has.

Spadine isn't as good in the air but he is probably more technically sound then wagstaff.

Wagstaff is a decent HS keeper and nothing more at best....technically very flawed....slow on feet (conditioning is poor), lands on belly on his dives and mishandles balls reguarly....all things keeper coaches at the next level look at.

He isn't even in the same breath as the keepers being comapred to Hayen, Spadine, Economo....the Kid from U-E is better also.

You need to move out of CV if you think he is even in the conversation....he would be chewed alive in Premier level....no technique, slow of foot and poor hands. Not even in the leagues top 5. WOW!!

Wagstaff is a decent HS keeper and nothing more at best....technically very flawed....slow on feet (conditioning is poor), lands on belly on his dives and mishandles balls reguarly....all things keeper coaches at the next level look at.

He isn't even in the same breath as the keepers being comapred to Hayen, Spadine, Economo....the Kid from U-E is better also.

spadine and economou are both horrible goalies. never seen wagstaff play so not gonna say anything about him. hayen is the best goalie around. economou has no athletic ability and has no intelligence of the game doesnt know when to come out or when to stay in horrible in the air cant get corner kicks for DELETED and has no idea where the goal is when he comes out. if you wanna beat vestal play to the outside backs and cross it in. short goalie and one short center back the others tall but not strong enough in the air. spadine cant catch a ball at all and economou is just a horrible goalie to start with

Guest ONYEWU

your right the only way to score on vestal is to attack outside and cross but UE had a lucky 2 goals. We(vestal) only beat EFA 1-0 because we used their feild on a rainy day after a football game 15 minutes before. It wa ripped up noone could touch the ball without it doing something unexpected. We played EFA on turf and crushed them 4-0 while bench players consumed the ffeild for 40 minutes escept Matey and Lourenco stayed in the center back with Economou at keeper. EFA was no match for us and friday well see about UE. As for Mike economou i stand by my claim of most technically sound goalkeeper in section 4 he leads our team and controls the game, every game. A little more height would make him a D1 prospect and a 3 or 4 year D1 starter. But even with him being a little short he makes every save he needs to and some that he has no buisness saving. When we lose you can start bashing him but until then how many goals has your keeper allowed? Mike Economou-2 in 13 games. including 1 defensive breakdown that in no way was his fault.

your right the only way to score on vestal is to attack outside and cross but UE had a lucky 2 goals. We(vestal) only beat EFA 1-0 because we used their feild on a rainy day after a football game 15 minutes before. It wa ripped up noone could touch the ball without it doing something unexpected. We played EFA on turf and crushed them 4-0 while bench players consumed the ffeild for 40 minutes escept Matey and Lourenco stayed in the center back with Economou at keeper. EFA was no match for us and friday well see about UE. As for Mike economou i stand by my claim of most technically sound goalkeeper in section 4 he leads our team and controls the game, every game. A little more height would make him a D1 prospect and a 3 or 4 year D1 starter. But even with him being a little short he makes every save he needs to and some that he has no buisness saving. When we lose you can start bashing him but until then how many goals has your keeper allowed? Mike Economou-2 in 13 games. including 1 defensive breakdown that in no way was his fault.

mike economou sucks theres no way he will start at any decent d3 team and to say he could be a d1 player is the biggest joke ive ever heard hes not smart enough on the field and any team that he leads will suck just like him. thats why he got being captain taken away because hes an idiot and he sucks

Archived