!4 BPD Cop Cars on Edward Street at 4:00PM today

Smokey Yunick

What happened around 4:00 pm? On Edward Street 35 Blacks fighting before (14 cop cars) cops arrivied after they showed in force it was over 50 or more looking to fight them.

Whats going on around here???? Edward Street used to be a nice Street years ago and look at what has now taken over. SCUMBAGS!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gosh Rocky, that's very dismal!! Did you ever think of ending it all? Lights out!! Kabooooom!! Only takes a split second!!! :lol:

Are those animals still running wild down there ?

I'm sure they're as mad as I am that their stock portfolios and 401K's have tanked.

Yea I feel good about those people sacraficing their 401ks and me also being able send real DELETED on an exotic vacation for free. Read this garbage and weep!!!!!!

The struggling insurance company AIG was given a fresh loan of $37.8bn by the Federal Reserve last night, on top of last month's $85bn emergency credit line, as it struggled to rebuild financial stability. The move capped a gloomy day on Wall Street which ended with another plunge in stocks after the US treasury secretary, Henry Paulson, warned that financial "turmoil" will not end soon and that more banks are likely to bite the dust.

AIG came under fire from the presidential candidate Barack Obama on Tuesday, who said that executives should be sacked for spending $440,000 on a corporate getaway at a Californian resort last month. AIG's chief executive, Edward Liddy, yesterday defended the get-together, saying that 90 of the 100 people there were independent insurance agents. But he said AIG was "re-evaluating" its outgoings "in the light of the new circumstances in which we are all operating".

Wild swings on the markets continue to unnerve traders, who said yesterday's half-point cut in interest rates had come as little surprise. A temporary ban on "short" selling in financial stocks ends today in the US, posing the possibility of fresh volatility.

Cuts in interest rates around the world failed to provide lasting cheer as the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by 189 points to 9,258. The index has fallen for six successive days, losing 14.7% of its value.

At a press conference to provide details of the US government's $700bn bail-out package, Paulson said the treasury was ready to begin cleaning up banks' balance sheets by buying distressed mortgage-related assets.

In a prepared statement, he used the word "turmoil" seven times to describe the financial environment, and he made efforts to limit expectations on the rescue package: "One thing we must recognise - even with the new treasury authorities, some financial institutions will fail," the treasury secretary said.

Please stay on topic, DELETED.

If you want to talk about the economy, start another thread.

@

Maybe chump, don't press your luck and don't hide behind your keyboard

@

Maybe chump, don't press your luck and don't hide behind your keyboard

@

Typical Binghamton putz. Nice to see you just discovered the Internet.

@

According to the Associated Press article, in USA Today and onthenews inall stations, people perceive Blacks as lazy and violent that is why once in the voting booth, the polls will prove all wrong.

Guest Guest-Stephen P. Jensen-*

My sources, which are pretty good on such things, tell me the following:

There was more than one "event" on Edxwards Street yesterday (Wednesday, October 8). One event actually occurred right around 6 p.m. near the corner of Edwards and Thorp streets.

There were somewhere between 25 and 50 kids - appearing to be younger kids, middle school aged - involved in a fight of some magnitude (it's not clear how many kids actually were throwing punches or actually "fighting"), and the way it was told to me, whatever the problem was, it had originated earlier at West Middle School and found its way to this area.

According to my sources, there were a number of police cars present (five or six was the estimate), and there was one arrest. The police dispersed the rest of the crowd. It is believed that this specific fight itself was not drug- or gang-related. (This is not my opinion - it's information I have received. I will not reveal my source.)

There was also at least one other event, at the corner of Edwards and North streets, in the time frame of 3 to 4 p.m. Several "older kids" assembled, and it did not appear that there was a fight, but police were called and that crowd was apparently dispersed, too. Interesting is that whiole the 2-3 police cruisers were on that scene, they were called away and sped off, lights flashing, heading west on Main Street.

From here on, some aspects of my post is speculation, to be clear.

This street (Edwards) has become a huge focal point of drug and gang activity (fact). The end of Edwards, toward Main Street, is known to be a spot where people can buy "softer" drugs, such as marijuana (fact). At the far end, toward Thorp, is where the more serious drugs can be purchased (fact).

There is also a strong gang presence on Edwards Street and in this vicinity (fact). The gang that calls this area its home turf is a derivative of the Bloods (fact), and if you drive down this street at any time during the day, you'll likely see young men wearing red clothing of some sort. I've witnessed this myself on a number of occasions.

The street (and area, perhaps) is referred to by these idiots as Hollywood (fact). It's called that because, as one source told me directly, "that's where these kids go to 'get rich.'"

There are a few houses (in the 20s, toward Thorp) that are "Bloods houses." These are the properties where they may live, but where they congregate and party. The local authorities are all well aware of this. Nothing I've stated here is news to the police.

Regarding someone having posted about a separate incident at Recreation Park, I don't know anything about that, at this point. But given the notion that there have been incidents at Rec Park where idiots have assembled to fight (or square off and scream at each other), and given the time frames involved with yesterday's incidents, it's possible and perhaps likely that the police officers left the event at Edwards and North to respond to Rec (was this the younger middle school kids, squaring off shortly after they were released from school, just a few blocks from the park?).

The bottom line here is that I have been told by Binghamton police officers that they have, in the past, "chased" groups of kids around town like this. But why should they have to? Isn't there something they could do, or perhaps should be allowed to do, to stop this practice of large groups of hoodlums from walking through neighborhoods on the near West Side and West Side, terrorizing each other as well as people who are trying to enjoy their homes, streets and neighborhoods?

What has to happen for this rogue behavior to be stopped? I think we're seeing an escalation of it right now, and the people on and near Edwards Street know it all too well. This past summer was simply hell there for the residents who have stayed and who are trying to fight. But they need help.

I hope a teen-ager's death doesn't have to occur for some to see that things have already gotten out of hand and need to be stopped immediately. Police have to be allowed to use video cameras to gather information about the chronic criminals leading these groups/gangs/rogues. Neifghbors need to videotape activities on their streets. They need to be sure their homes are secure, and frankly, in some cases, citizens need to be sure they can defend themselves and their properties.

It's time to stand up, folks. We need help. And if we're not going to get it, we can't blame anyone else if we don't help ourselves.

-SPJ

3-4 older "kids" on Edwards gathering for some reason, and police were called to that (corner of Edwards and North streets), about halfway down the street.

is it related?

to be drug- or gang-related

corner of Lincoln and Millard - similarities

calmed down pretty quickly and police dispersed the crowd

Guest Guest-SPJ-*

Those last few notes there, at the end ... just my notes to myself ... one relates to a similar situation that occurred over the summer at the corner of Lincoln and Millard. My neighbors stepped up and we eliminated the problem. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share how.

-SPJ

@

It is believed that this specific fight itself was not drug- or gang-related.

Someone is trying to sell you a load. That is so ludicrous, it's almost funny.

There are a few houses (in the 20s, toward Thorp) that are "Bloods houses." These are the properties where they may live, but where they congregate and party. The local authorities are all well aware of this. Nothing I've stated here is news to the police.

Of course the BPD is aware of where drugs are being sold. They have informants. Even if they didn't, all they'd have to do is talk to a cabbie who's pulled over waiting for a call. I knew after three days of driving cab on the weekends which houses were which. It's not like it's rocket surgery.

I hope a teen-ager's death doesn't have to occur for some to see that things have already gotten out of hand and need to be stopped immediately. Police have to be allowed to use video cameras to gather information about the chronic criminals leading these groups/gangs/rogues. Neifghbors need to videotape activities on their streets. They need to be sure their homes are secure, and frankly, in some cases, citizens need to be sure they can defend themselves and their properties.

Not even the death of anyone, teen or not, will make a monumental change. What motivation do most of the cops have to go out of their way and put themselves in danger when they know their Mayor is spending tax dollars to fight against them getting a contract?

Is there a reason police can't use video?

Other than putting bars on all their windows. how can working people make absolute certain their homes are secure? If some crackhead really wants to get my TV while I'm at work (and I work full time during the day and part time weekend nights) there isn't much that's going to stop them....other than getting a 90 lb. Rottweiler, which I'm not prepared to do.

It's time to stand up, folks. We need help. And if we're not going to get it, we can't blame anyone else if we don't help ourselves.

Sad that we can't rely on BPD presence to act as a deterrent anymore.

What we need to do is hold a town meeting for concerned taxpayers and pressure Matt Ryan to call in some professionals that deal with gang related matters. Its a given He wont let the BPD do the job and im not sure they know what to look for anymore. Im not bashing our Police department here, they do a fine job but i think this may be alittle out of their realm. It wont be long where these thugs will be shooting it out and putting someone in harms way. We need to unite and make something happen here before its too late.

I happend to be driving home yesterday around 5:30 when all this was taking place, thinking with all the Police presence who was watching the rest of the city?

Archived