!4 BPD Cop Cars on Edward Street at 4:00PM today

Smokey Yunick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Opinion

This is my opinion and only an opinion.

What you really should do is organize a neighborhood meeting and ask the BPD to have 2 or more police, from your district, attend. By doing this you will, hopefully, get an expert opinion how to handle these situations. By making the police aware that there are contunuing problems in your neighborhood they may offer more patrols or advise on how to best handle these issues. By not involving them you are inviting more trouble than trying to handle it yourselves. If you know the parents of the troubling teens, get them to this meeting also. Let them know what their children are up to. I know some of these parents just don't care, but others may not even be aware of what their children are doing. I know that when I was a teenager my parents didn't have the first clue. The trouble with some parents, these days, is that they tried to be friends with their children instead of parenting them. This is expecially true for the baby boomers.

If all of this fails to get any action, then I say "grab your bat and have at it".

Wait how many Binghamton Police were down there? Why does a city the size of Binghamton have that many cops? I lived in Atlanta and Orlando and it seems them combined dont have as many cops as we have. I seen Ryan wants more. This is dumb to me. Why don't we get those lazy DELETED who continue to sit at the D and D and the bagel places in town off their DELETED and do something, then maybe we wouldn't need more cops.

You people think we need more cops, I say we need more intelligent people.

:blink::blink::blink:

You missed my point on that too. What I meant was that NOTHING would happen to the kids, and you would be the more likely one to face charges by going out there and involving yourself with a baseball bat in your hand- especially if they were unarmed teenaged girls outside like in Jensen's case.

Teenaged girls can be just as vicious as boys, without a doubt. It's not a bunch of cute little 7 year olds we're talking about.

What happened around 4:00 pm? On Edward Street 35 Blacks fighting before (14 cop cars) cops arrivied after they showed in force it was over 50 or more looking to fight them.

Whats going on around here???? Edward Street used to be a nice Street years ago and look at what has now taken over. SCUMBAGS!

It's just blacks acting their color. What is so surprising?

It's just blacks acting their color. What is so surprising?

I'm not inclined to be racist. I was at the Bagel shop today on Glenwood after church. I'm standing in line with about 8 other people (all non-black) and I noticed three homie looking young guys standing around in front of the store. They've got the "uniform" on.....caps, shorts past the knees, a do rag or two.

Keep in mind that this place has all windows for the whole front wall.

I see they're talking amongst themselves when they starting moving around more vigorously. At first I thought they were play fighting, you know, acting like they're getting all tough and ghetto-ish but more like friends do. It dawned on me very quickly that two of the three of them weren't kidding around. They were up on their toes, nose to nose, getting all loud at each other. The body language is unmistakeable.

I glanced at the people working the store to see if they saw a fight was just about to go down, perhaps come crashing through the window and see if they were going to reach for the phone. Of all the dozen or so people in the place, I was the only one seeing this. One of them was bumping the other up against the glass with audible thumps.

Finally, the third one saw this going on and started stepping between them, acting as peacemaker. They all went around the corner. I didn't know if they got out of sight to continue or not.

In a few minutes, two of them came inside and got in line.

My only thought then was "That's gotta be great for business, three loitering ghetto rats, almost starting a fight." Most of the clientele of the shop is BU students and working people. I'm in there 3 to 6 times a week.

This was 11:30, on a bright, beautiful Sunday morning. It just now came to me why they don't keep nighttime hours.

@

what makes me laugh is the city has a camera on North street right at the end of Edwards but the hoot is the power to it is cut off! it seems the owner of the building for which it is tapped into had some problems with the city and retaliated by shutting them down! now its there wasting with no power!! Ryans a real city manager isnt he? By the way the building has been sold.

Guest Ed Wall
What happened around 4:00 pm? On Edward Street 35 Blacks fighting before (14 cop cars) cops arrivied after they showed in force it was over 50 or more looking to fight them.

Whats going on around here???? Edward Street used to be a nice Street years ago and look at what has now taken over. SCUMBAGS!

It was the annual free crack and malt liquor giveaway. It is an event sponsored by Matt Ryan and Citizen Action.

@

what makes me laugh is the city has a camera on North street right at the end of Edwards but the hoot is the power to it is cut off! it seems the owner of the building for which it is tapped into had some problems with the city and retaliated by shutting them down! now its there wasting with no power!! Ryans a real city manager isnt he? By the way the building has been sold.

Boy are YOU DUMB!

You really think the city is running these cameras off private citizens' electric?? No, really. You think the police department would put a multi-million dollar computerized camera network at the mercy of people who could shut it down on a whim? That just might take the cake as the dumbest statement I've seen here today.

Archived