Snoop Dogg Coming to JC - FEB 24TH

Guest Guest

Guest jj blunt
Heard today that snoop dogg is coming to magic city music hall on feb 24th, any1 else hear this rumor?

i wonder what kind of draw he will get

he will get a big draw of blunt smoking big bear drinking ..... good place for the state police and jcpd to hang out.

I"m sure there are lots of hip hop acts that MMMH could book. There's no shortage of gansta rappers in the Good 'Ole USA.

I'm sure they don't book any for a very good and very obvious reason.

Didn't the Arena have one or two awhile back? I haven't seen any there in awhile. Hmmmmmmm.............I wonder why.

MMMH is either getting desperate for profitable acts or experimenting with the hip hop market.

I think they'll find out in short order that the extra security they'll need will far outstrip any profit they can make.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The gig list there has gone downhill FAST.

It's all cover bands anymore and mostly covers of bands that no one would go see live here in the first place!!

Just another sign that this area can not retain halfway decent and compete with other neighboring markets as far as the music scene goes. That place started out with a bang and has now resorted to Snoop Dog?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The gig list there has gone downhill FAST.

It's all cover bands anymore and mostly covers of bands that no one would go see live here in the first place!!

Just another sign that this area can not retain halfway decent and compete with other neighboring markets as far as the music scene goes. That place started out with a bang and has now resorted to Snoop Dog?

They have brought in some "tribute" bands lately. I would guess that there must be some money in it.

I've seen some good shows there over the years, and a few in the last year.

I was very happy to see them open and bring in top level entertainment, even if some of the bands had seen their heyday years ago. Some of them were still pretty good.

I think the Snoop thing is a "let's try it once and see how it goes" thing with MMMH ownership. I'm sure they realize the increased potential for security problems, but I don't think they know precisely what they're in for. Gangstas (and I mean REAL gang members) will be coming in from larger cities from miles around. NYC, Phila., Albany, Syracuse, etc.

It'll be Gansta Heaven. If this one goes off without violence, they'll be tempted to do it again, and sooner or later, someone will get seriously hurt. Lawsuits will follow. The end will be upon them in a flash.

They're playing with fire and I don't like the idea at all. I want to be continue to be able to see more shows in the future, and I don't see that happening if they book more hip hop acts.

Guest Jake From Here
They have brought in some "tribute" bands lately. I would guess that there must be some money in it.

I've seen some good shows there over the years, and a few in the last year.

I was very happy to see them open and bring in top level entertainment, even if some of the bands had seen their heyday years ago. Some of them were still pretty good.

I think the Snoop thing is a "let's try it once and see how it goes" thing with MMMH ownership. I'm sure they realize the increased potential for security problems, but I don't think they know precisely what they're in for. Gangstas (and I mean REAL gang members) will be coming in from larger cities from miles around. NYC, Phila., Albany, Syracuse, etc.

It'll be Gansta Heaven. If this one goes off without violence, they'll be tempted to do it again, and sooner or later, someone will get seriously hurt. Lawsuits will follow. The end will be upon them in a flash.

They're playing with fire and I don't like the idea at all. I want to be continue to be able to see more shows in the future, and I don't see that happening if they book more hip hop acts.

All the thugs will be at this no talent concert.

It will be safe to walk the streets of Binghamton for one night!

RAP = KRAP

Resorted to Snoop Dog? Thats a pretty high profile act to book for a small club like that. They guy has had 8 grammy nominations, and is up for one this year. I agree the cover bands suck so this is a least a current, popular act.

I saw bring back some more jazz shows. I enjoyed seeing groups like the Flecktones, Soulive and Trio there a few years ago.

there is no way music city can handle this!! it will get out of control! move it to the arena now and put every bpd and state trooper downtown!

all in all...i think it will be a good show and good for binghamton.

Resorted to Snoop Dog? Thats a pretty high profile act to book for a small club like that. They guy has had 8 grammy nominations, and is up for one this year. I agree the cover bands suck so this is a least a current, popular act.

I saw bring back some more jazz shows. I enjoyed seeing groups like the Flecktones, Soulive and Trio there a few years ago.

Key words in your reply is "years ago". Years as in plural.

Guess Magic City has officially hit the big time apparently since they snagged Snoop.

snoop is the biggest pull that place has ever had....you people are comical!! and whats wrong with smoking at a concert, or smoking in general. there is much worse someone could be doing!

snoop is the biggest pull that place has ever had....you people are comical!! and whats wrong with smoking at a concert, or smoking in general. there is much worse someone could be doing!

Amen Brother!

It's great to see someone here with so much wisdom. Have you ever given thought to running for high public office? A person with your intellectual prowess and priorities should be in a decision making position over life and death matters.

If he were that big a deal and a huge draw, he would be playing major concert arenas and not little backwater club/concert rooms.

Obviously he can't get into the Arena or anywhere bigger because he can't fill it, and his agent knows it.

A Grammy nomination is the only criteria you have for talent? I see you didn't say he actually won one. You do know the Grammy idiots now have a category especially for all those rap thugs, don't you? Sorta like the Holding Cell for Awards Shows.

I'm thinking maybe the cops are in on the planning for this one. At least they'd know where 80% of the local criminals would all be at once. This reminds me of the stings I've seen in the news, where Law Enforcement sends out "You've won the Lottery" notices to the addresses of criminals they're looking for. When the criminals show up to collect their prize, they got 'em. Not even a thug can contain his/her unbridled greed for free stuff. They always walk in saying "Yo, I dint eben know I wuz in a lottery, dog."

They'd better have the latest in metal detection equipment available and running all night at the door.

What a bunch of DELETED on this board. I will be at that show, and whether or not I am the only white guy there (which I obviously won't be), I will not be in fear for my life. Jeez, you all need to get out in that scary world a little more, and spend a little less time in front of the TV.

What a bunch of DELETED on this board. I will be at that show, and whether or not I am the only white guy there (which I obviously won't be), I will not be in fear for my life. Jeez, you all need to get out in that scary world a little more, and spend a little less time in front of the TV.

You are so worldly... :lol:

A top act roughly 5-7 years ago yeah. Not circa 2008.

Another lame show for a lame venue that can't bring in anything of value but yet people think that Magic City just landed Billy Joel. Oh wait! DELETED err I mean Mudd is coming to MCMH, I stand corrected, they do land top flight entertainment there!

Archived