Soraring Capital vs BC Fusion

Guest Compare man

Guest Compare man

I have seen a lot of talk on this board about both Soaring Capital and BC Fusion. They each claim to be the premiere soccer club in the area. Lets Compare:

Coaches

BC

All have minimum of a NSCAA National license

S C

All have a minimum of a USSF D with several having Advanced National

Web site

BC

HORRIBLE SITE

S C

Awesome site with a great deal of information

Facilities

BC

Incredible natural grass fields and use of the Dome

SC

Not ver good facilities indoors or outdoors

Quality teams

BC

Girls

2 time State Cup U 15 team

SoSo U16 and U18 team

No U13 ro U14 team

Boys

Good U18 team

All others are ok

SC

Girls

Average at best on the girls side. OK for Broome County league

Boys

Again just average no state cup contenders

Cost

BC

$60 registration, $100 fundraising (Nick Panella) Fee and $55 a month for training

SC

Fall $50 Spring $125

Now lets hear your input

Guest soccer_fan

To be honest there should be no real competition for the areas premier club, if either truly had the best interest of all parties in mind they would have combined forces long ago to compete with the true elite clubs in NYS. We don't have the overall population base to have a top level team at each age group, and there are numerous local players who've often gone to Syracuse to train with better teams, further hurting the chances of having teams in this area at the top level.

Cost wise, Fusion is truly doing a dis-service to people. They have quality coaches, but honestly if you look at the charges of $55 a month for 200 kids in the program, thats $10,000 a month and there has been nothing close to that earned. Take that same money and you could give how many kids money to the SUNY schools (which is where most all the scholarships the BC Fusion players have earned) would it have covered. The dollars paid to results just is not there and will never be.

As for calling the BC United complex "top" level fields, they are getting better, but they still aren't much better than the Otsinengo North Fields, the Ross Corners Fields, or the Hickories Fields and those other ones aren't costing an arm and a leg for upkeep solely on the backs of a club.

Guest Guest

soaring capital sucks especially that u17 boys team that was housed by rfc in state cup, erie, and empire cup. mediocre team that won u16 upstate travel playing all u15 teams then when they played true u16 premier teams they got housed

Guest Guest
soaring capital sucks especially that u17 boys team that was housed by rfc in state cup, erie, and empire cup. mediocre team that won u16 upstate travel playing all u15 teams then when they played true u16 premier teams they got housed

How supportive our doc's are <_<

now i know who left another post. sad

Guest Compare Man

Fields

The BC United Complex is the ONLY place in this area that has multiple fields that are well maintained. The public fields are OK but you are at the mecy of town workers for grass cutting and field lining. It is a HUGE burden on the club but they are in control of their own destiny.

Cost

You want to talk about costs..... To play regular plain jane travel for Vestal the cost for trainers is $75 a month. You kids with accents and no clear credentials. That is akin to rape in my mind.

You had a great point about a shallow tallent pool and too many clubs. Until Soaring Capital, Fusion, and vestal combines the Southern tier will NEVER consistantly compete at the state level. There will allways be the one or two exceptions (U15 girls Fusion) but that is what they will be, exceptions and nothing more.

Guys get your egos out of the way and your heads out of your A**es and see what needs to be done. None of the NYSW teams can compete regionally and until we make changes we can't compete in this state.

Shame on the heads of these clubs

Guest Guest
To play regular plain jane travel for Vestal the cost for trainers is $75 a month.

Wow...are you serious? People pay $75 a month for Vestal Extreme training!! What are they paying for? Most of those coaches aren't even licensed, and if they are, it's at a LOW level!!

Guest Guest
I have seen a lot of talk on this board about both Soaring Capital and BC Fusion. They each claim to be the premiere soccer club in the area. Lets Compare:

Coaches

BC

All have minimum of a NSCAA National license

S C

All have a minimum of a USSF D with several having Advanced National

Web site

BC

HORRIBLE SITE

S C

Awesome site with a great deal of information

Facilities

BC

Incredible natural grass fields and use of the Dome

SC

Not ver good facilities indoors or outdoors

Quality teams

BC

Girls

2 time State Cup U 15 team

SoSo U16 and U18 team

No U13 ro U14 team

Boys

Good U18 team

All others are ok

SC

Girls

Average at best on the girls side. OK for Broome County league

Boys

Again just average no state cup contenders

Cost

BC

$60 registration, $100 fundraising (Nick Panella) Fee and $55 a month for training

SC

Fall $50 Spring $125

Now lets hear your input

Guest Guest

Just for the record, NYSWYSA does not recognize Fusion or any other "premiere" club in the state as being truly "premiere" words right our of Glen Buckley's mouth.

Guest Guest
Just for the record, NYSWYSA does not recognize Fusion or any other "premiere" club in the state as being truly "premiere" words right our of Glen Buckley's mouth.

And Glen Buckley would know this because................?

Guest Guest
do you not know who Glen Buckley is??

enlighten me further, I know he is Director of NYS West - why does he feel there are no premiere programs in NY?

Guest Guest Peeshaw
enlighten me further, I know he is Director of NYS West - why does he feel there are no premiere programs in NY?

Some one on two different threads has decided to make Glen the topic of negativity. Glen never said that. Its just someone being a troll and starting stuff that isnt true.

Guest Guest
Some one on two different threads has decided to make Glen the topic of negativity. Glen never said that. Its just someone being a troll and starting stuff that isnt true.

I did not post the original Glen Buckley thread so I don' t know if he said that or not. If he did not say that as you say does he think there are true premiere teams in New York? I have nothing against him and I wouldn't suspect he would say that being the Director of coaching, it wouldn't make much sense.

Guest Guest Peeshaw
I did not post the original Glen Buckley thread so I don' t know if he said that or not. If he did not say that as you say does he think there are true premiere teams in New York? I have nothing against him and I wouldn't suspect he would say that being the Director of coaching, it wouldn't make much sense.

I cannot imagine Glen ever saying anything hurtful like that against the players coaches clubs or teams that compete for NYSWYSA at a premier level. Next time I see him I will ask him though. I WILL ask him.

Guest Guest
I cannot imagine Glen ever saying anything hurtful like that against the players coaches clubs or teams that compete for NYSWYSA at a premier level. Next time I see him I will ask him though. I WILL ask him.

you should ask, because he DID say it. in fact he said it to about 20 people in a group. I have nothing against Glen, my point was, while fusion may have D1 coaching, they are NOT the best of the best. there are many many talented players, both boys and girls that see no need to play fusion.

Guest Guest Peeshaw
you should ask, because he DID say it. in fact he said it to about 20 people in a group. I have nothing against Glen, my point was, while fusion may have D1 coaching, they are NOT the best of the best. there are many many talented players, both boys and girls that see no need to play fusion.

That last part I will agree with. Premier is the same as ODP. It is only the best of the best kids that can afford to play or who are willing to make the time and travel commitment. One of the best players on one of the Fusion teams is a girl who SHOULD and COULD and WAS in ODP, but isnt any more, and it has nothing to do with her lack of ability. So you are correct that Premier and ODP are not completely accurate snapshots of who is the best of the best.

Guest Guest

if there are good players that dont play fusion names some ....... because for the boys they have the top players in the area, girls idk about though

if there are good players that dont play fusion names some ....... because for the boys they have the top players in the area, girls idk about though

jc has at least four players that are good enough to play for fusion (3 actually did play for them) shayne blaha,brady mizera,jon yurecka and kyle ellis)

Guest Guest
jc has at least four players that are good enough to play for fusion (3 actually did play for them) shayne blaha,brady mizera,jon yurecka and kyle ellis)

These players are good enough to play on a secondary team for Fusion ("B" team)

Guest Guest

There are several boys and girls that are fusion "quality" but do not wish to play for a variety of reasons. many have gone to fusion, and opted to leave. some simply were not interested in the fusion experience. While I am sure many are thinking yeah right, names have not been named, but I personally do not feel that children's names should be splayed over the internet for any reason. If you all were as connected with the soccer community as you would have readers believe, you would already know who's who.

Guest Soccer_fan
There are several boys and girls that are fusion "quality" but do not wish to play for a variety of reasons. many have gone to fusion, and opted to leave. some simply were not interested in the fusion experience. While I am sure many are thinking yeah right, names have not been named, but I personally do not feel that children's names should be splayed over the internet for any reason. If you all were as connected with the soccer community as you would have readers believe, you would already know who's who.

I totally agree with your statement about players who are good enough to be on Fusion squads, but chose not to for whatever reason. I know players who have played and left for various reasons, and others who could have but play elsewhere. The simplest thing for me to add is the fact that the u14 girls don't have a team now but used to so anyone who says that players don't leave the club can't actually argue. I don't care why they left but it does hapen.

Guest Guest

It's not always about talent. Not everyone can afford Fusion. The costs go further than training (which itself adds up quickly). Remember the travel costs- hotel rooms, travel itself, tournament fees, etc. There is the old saw about scholarship money for many "elite" sports groups. That however only covers the really destitute players. Kids from middle class, struggling families simply cannot afford to play.

Guest Guest

no i think you should name some names cause by you saying u shouldnt name names means that u dont no any1. as for the boys only shane could play fusion but he wouldnt cause he would play on the u17 team and those players are way better than him and the other kids arent very good ... and for girls the only girls i no of that have left fusion for better teams are maddie tiddick and dani delnero, kylie strom also but thats only becuase there fusion team sucks

Archived