Best Athlete in JC History

Guest Guest

Guest i love hoops
Troy lesd the team in turnovers and shot 25x a game. What was his shooting %? The only point guard on the Wildcats was Dominic and that's not saying too much. The only guy that improved on the basketball team was Jones.

Not saying much about the team that they only had one PG? Or not saying much about theyre PG?..he was ok.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
Jimmy Colgan and Todd Place and Brad Cook

You're putting Jimmy & Brad in the same sentence as Todd? OK, I'll give you that Brad is a phenomonal pitcher and baseball player but who wouldn't want to be thrown around by Todd?

Guest Guest

Matt Yonkoski and Josh Glenn have to be up there they both are state champs and wrestled d1. Josh a national champ and hopefully soon to be a 2x national champ

Guest guests
Not saying much about the team that they only had one PG? Or not saying much about theyre PG?..he was ok.

their pointguard wasnt bad at all, it was other players on the team that caused problems

Guest guestss
Troy lesd the team in turnovers and shot 25x a game. What was his shooting %? The only point guard on the Wildcats was Dominic and that's not saying too much. The only guy that improved on the basketball team was Jones.

Hey dominick, stop posting yourself on this site, it wont actually make you good

Guest Guest
How can we include people from the 50s 60s and 70s when the countries population was half the size. I understand that there are more ways to get where you want to be. But players who played 50s in 60s cannot compete with the athlete today. The Higher Level ones that is!!!!!!!

The local population was three times the size it is now and locals could actually read in those days.

Guest Guest
The local population was three times the size it is now and locals could actually read in those days.

The Population of the country was 225 million Now Its 305 million. Competition from around the country has picked up. Dont lift or go to a camp no one will watch you play. back in the day you could run to school and walk to work and people would watch you and get you into there college! times have changed much harder

Guest JC coaching staff
Don't forget tom Klym-6'7" high jump, 13+ feet pole vault, decathalon record, 20+ feet LJ.

@

The Robinson family headed by the infamous Troy!!!

Guest wildcat
Stanley Yonkowski without a doubt. He or Ed Connolly are head and shoulders above the others.

Seymore Hinie ---- Hands down the best athlete to ever come out of any STAC school in Broome County ----- I think he received 4 Olympic Golds 1960 games --------- anyone remember him from the old JC HS on Main St????? :blink:

Guest gopher
Seymore Hinie ---- Hands down the best athlete to ever come out of any STAC school in Broome County ----- I think he received 4 Olympic Golds 1960 games --------- anyone remember him from the old JC HS on Main St????? :blink:
I honestly can't tell you who was the best athlete in JC's football history, but I can tell you who fumbled the most and who dropped the most passes? Guess, I will tell you later on.

@

Guest guest
You might as well put Troy Robinson, who has to be the worst basketball player I've ever heard of making an all-star team. Can't believe the pull Woitech has! Totally amazing!

I think Troy is an awesome basketball player for his age and size. He has great potential and is only a freshmen so obviously he will continue to improve and eventually be better than everyone expects of him. All the people who say he is bad should be on the court attempting to stop him. He will continue to make the all-star team until he is a senior and you will eat your words then.

Guest Wildcat ballplayer
I think Troy is an awesome basketball player for his age and size. He has great potential and is only a freshmen so obviously he will continue to improve and eventually be better than everyone expects of him. All the people who say he is bad should be on the court attempting to stop him. He will continue to make the all-star team until he is a senior and you will eat your words then.
I played all three sports at JC and was quite successful. I'm in my early forties and belive me, I could kick his rear in 10 out of 10 games if we played one on one. In a regular game on the court.., he wouldn't stand a chance! Like someone said before, if Kvassey, D'Amigo, Johnathan ? or Ryan Delmater played, Troy would be getting slivers up his behind- they were absolutely right!

Archived