Lady Saints State Title run

Guest saintsfan

Guest Jim Boehiem

Depth??? I heard she played her 7th player .8 seconds? I hope you are joking, because if I was a parent I would be pissed...no reason to leave those starters in games with a 20 point lead all year. Cant wait until she has to actually develop some talent next year...

Guest he man woman hater
great win showing their detph last night. last two wins over top ranked tieams in the state. on the the semi's

GIRLS BASKETBALL IS VERY EXCITING. 40-38 IN OVERTIME. WOW, THAT'S THRILLING. THE GAMES IN THE 20'S ARE THE BEST. PLEASE GET OFF THE COURT AND MOCKING THE GAME OF BASKETBALL.

Guest guest
Depth??? I heard she played her 7th player .8 seconds? I hope you are joking, because if I was a parent I would be pissed...no reason to leave those starters in games with a 20 point lead all year. Cant wait until she has to actually develop some talent next year...
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DEVELOPING TALENT BUT GOING TO THE STATES SEMI FINALS TWO TIMES IN LAST FOUR YEARS IS SOMETHING OTHER COACHES IN AREA HAVEN'T DONE. GOOD LUCK SAINTS

Guest BOBBY KNIGHT
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DEVELOPING TALENT BUT GOING TO THE STATES SEMI FINALS TWO TIMES IN LAST FOUR YEARS IS SOMETHING OTHER COACHES IN AREA HAVEN'T DONE. GOOD LUCK SAINTS
ACTUALLY I BELIEVE IT WAS 3 TIMES IN LAST SIX...

Guest yeahh

if your angry that the 7th man only played .8 seconds, then you shouldnt be involved in high school girls basketball, or have your children play.. because during these types of games... the coaches arent worried about whose playing at a certain time, theres only one thing on their mind, how to win the game, and theyre going to do everything they can to do it, and thats how it should be, what should they do play the not better players and sacrifice a huge win? come on, and did show her depth by playing desanctis who had an amazing game

Guest Jim Boeheim

I'm not angry at someone playing .8 seconds...I take exception to anyone thinking this woman has done anything to develop her depth...wow, the sixth man actually played and contributed...the exception people take is her unwillingness to give players 7-12 minutes even in 20 point wins...this is not the BCS and I hope that SCC fans remember what goes around comes around...may take a year or two, but it all cycles around.

Guest Guest
I'm not angry at someone playing .8 seconds...I take exception to anyone thinking this woman has done anything to develop her depth...wow, the sixth man actually played and contributed...the exception people take is her unwillingness to give players 7-12 minutes even in 20 point wins...this is not the BCS and I hope that SCC fans remember what goes around comes around...may take a year or two, but it all cycles around.

SCC has earned their bid to the championship tourney. already beat two #1 ranked teams and has chance to beat another. Who cares about depth right now. not needed. She could develop it all she wants, but it wouldn't matter. High School Sports often go in cycles, we all already knew that.

Guest Jim Boeheim

Well then, lets put it in terms that both of us can understand then...how would you feel if one of your "irreplacable" Big 4 (dont get me started on how disgusted many near the program are with that label) were to suffer even a minor injury such as a sprained knee or dislocated finger while holding a 20 point lead midway through the 4th quarter with a bench full of able bodies dieing to get a sniff of playing time? I'm all for playing the best girls, but to keep the starters in with the game salted away is where our philosophies must differ...and I am rooting for SCC this weekend, I only got involved when someone mentioned she was developing her depth.

Guest Guest

I think it was the P&SB who first used the Big Four term. I've never heard Colleen or anyone from Seton use the term. With that said, I do wish the subs would play more. I think she was burned a few times early in her tenure at SCC where the subs lost a pretty big lead, and then the game was lost - or had to put the satarters back in. Either way, that's devastating to the subs.

Good Luck to the Saints this weekend. Unfortunately, I think this is probably the end of their "run". But it's been a great run, dating back to the STAC JV title in 2000(?). Fortunately for Coach Jayne, a lot of talented players were in the program when she arrived. Next season we'll see how she can coach.

Looking forward to watching Friday AM at HVCC!!!

Guest Guest
I think it was the P&SB who first used the Big Four term. I've never heard Colleen or anyone from Seton use the term. With that said, I do wish the subs would play more. I think she was burned a few times early in her tenure at SCC where the subs lost a pretty big lead, and then the game was lost - or had to put the satarters back in. Either way, that's devastating to the subs.

Good Luck to the Saints this weekend. Unfortunately, I think this is probably the end of their "run". But it's been a great run, dating back to the STAC JV title in 2000(?). Fortunately for Coach Jayne, a lot of talented players were in the program when she arrived. Next season we'll see how she can coach.

Looking forward to watching Friday AM at HVCC!!!

Don't be so sure that their run is totally over. have Torto, Hawkes, Desantis coming back from their nucleus and have a few 9th and 10th graders who have practiced on varsity all year against the standouts (playing against these girls everyday is more helpful than playing in games against most stac players). Could be an influx of transfers as well if other programs in the area don't get their stuff in order. Hope they do it this weekend! then come back and do it again next weekend!

Guest Guest
Hope they do it this weekend! then come back and do it again next weekend!

If the Saints win against Briarcliff on Friday, they'll be playing the next day at 4 pm in the championship game against the winner of the Hoosic Valley/Nazareth Academy game.

Guest Guest
If the Saints win against Briarcliff on Friday, they'll be playing the next day at 4 pm in the championship game against the winner of the Hoosic Valley/Nazareth Academy game.

Correct. then they would return to glens falls the following weekend for the NY State Federation Championship. One thing at a time though. Winning friday is part 1 then onto step 2 sat, maybe in a dream run they could get to even the next step after that. we will see

Guest couchingcorner
Well then, lets put it in terms that both of us can understand then...how would you feel if one of your "irreplacable" Big 4 (dont get me started on how disgusted many near the program are with that label) were to suffer even a minor injury such as a sprained knee or dislocated finger while holding a 20 point lead midway through the 4th quarter with a bench full of able bodies dieing to get a sniff of playing time? I'm all for playing the best girls, but to keep the starters in with the game salted away is where our philosophies must differ...and I am rooting for SCC this weekend, I only got involved when someone mentioned she was developing her depth.

Strange take from a poster signed in as Boheim....how's that rotation going to be in the NIT?

Guest Jim Boeheim

Its Boeheim genius...and if I could recruit as well as SCC, I wouldn't have to worry. Plus, I learned from having to play stiffs like Ongenaet to recruit some depth in case of injuries like I had this year...a point I tried to make that was supposedly rebutted because your 6th man had a career game vs SJ...good luck saints...I believe you may need it from what I hear about Briarcliff.

Guest couchingcorner
Its Boeheim genius...and if I could recruit as well as SCC, I wouldn't have to worry. Plus, I learned from having to play stiffs like Ongenaet to recruit some depth in case of injuries like I had this year...a point I tried to make that was supposedly rebutted because your 6th man had a career game vs SJ...good luck saints...I believe you may need it from what I hear about Briarcliff.

Some day Jim BeHind you will be able to recruit and coach.....recruit, you truly are stupid....

Guest Jim Boeheim

Hey Couch potato: I'm stupid? What the heck point were you trying unsuccessfully to make in your post? Theres clever and then theres yours...I know, its not really recruiting...more like opportunities to play as a walk-on...they are all going to be nuns when they get older too I bet.

Guest couchingcorner
Hey Couch potato: I'm stupid? What the heck point were you trying unsuccessfully to make in your post? Theres clever and then theres yours...I know, its not really recruiting...more like opportunities to play as a walk-on...they are all going to be nuns when they get older too I bet.

The point is mind your business! Especially since your redneck rhetoric seems to be generated by your inability to compete coupled with your lack of unwillingness to achieve, but what could be expected of a fan of the ulitmate whiner....

Archived