Binghamton loses 93-72

Guest Guest

Guest Old School
The final score does not reflect how close a game it was. BHS took the lead early in the third, but Mount Vernon's superior size made the difference. Yet the BHS boys continued to compete, closing to 14 several times in the fourth. Mount Vernon didn't feel safe to substitute players outside their usual rotation until BHS's coach gave his seniors a "curtain call" with 1:03 left. The game was not a blowout, it was short, skinny exceptional athletes competing against tall strong exceptional athletes. The BHS boys didn't have the size to win the game, but they wouldn't give up. Good Luck Mt. Vernon, in the NYS Final Four. Both teams comported themselves with class and dignity, as they should, but there are only 5 players satisfied at the end of a basketball season.

Guest COACH K
The final score does not reflect how close a game it was. BHS took the lead early in the third, but Mount Vernon's superior size made the difference. Yet the BHS boys continued to compete, closing to 14 several times in the fourth. Mount Vernon didn't feel safe to substitute players outside their usual rotation until BHS's coach gave his seniors a "curtain call" with 1:03 left. The game was not a blowout, it was short, skinny exceptional athletes competing against tall strong exceptional athletes. The BHS boys didn't have the size to win the game, but they wouldn't give up. Good Luck Mt. Vernon, in the NYS Final Four. Both teams comported themselves with class and dignity, as they should, but there are only 5 players satisfied at the end of a basketball season.
SUPRISE. BHS HAS NO INSIDE GAME. NOT EXACTLY WORLD SHATTERING NEWS. THEY HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINCE NINO GRADUATED.

Guest Guest

Class B is stronger this year. Binghamton wouldnt be able to handle oneonta or cv

[/quote

Are you kidding me??? BHS beat OHS to win STAC section 4!!! Sorry that OHS got KILLED by Peekskill by 57.

BHS hung in there with Mt. Vaernon today. I'd like to thank BHS seniors, AJ Hobson, Chris Cartwright and Brendan Doherty for an OUTSTANDING season!!!!b I, as fan, had a great season. Thanks, BHS basketball team as a whole, for a great season!!!

Guest Patriot 12
Class B is stronger this year. Binghamton wouldnt be able to handle oneonta or cv
Congratulations to the CV Warriors for moving into the Class B final four with the win over Sec. III's Hannibal. That being said, they will need to prepare themselves better for the contests that await them downstate. Some fourth quarter foul shooting may be in order. A Long Island, Westchester County, or Rochester area might be stronger in the finish than the group they faced this afternoon. As for the contention that BHS couldn't handle Oneonta or CV, Binghamton did beat Oneonta in the STAC semi's. CV has improved dramatically since the start of the season, but they haven't played BHS since summer league (and we know how that went), nor have they beaten a class AA power, they won a close game over a small school halfway between Syracuse and Oswego. Good Luck in Glen's Falls Warriors, you'll need your foul shots if you expect to be state champs!!

Guest Guest

OK YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING THE SEASON VERY CLOSELY.

First of all Bing. beat Oneonta this year in STAC's and yes they would more than handle CV . Your statement is like comparing apples to oranges. CV and Oneonta would not have been able to have handled a team like Mt. Vernon just the same way that Oneonta got beat by 40 or so points by Peeksville lastnite.I think most are very happy for Oneonta's success and CV's current success . Your statement just makes both teams look ridiculous.

Guest mcmanus

[/quote

Are you kidding me??? BHS beat OHS to win STAC section 4!!! Sorry that OHS got KILLED by Peekskill by 57.

BHS hung in there with Mt. Vaernon today. I'd like to thank BHS seniors, AJ Hobson, Chris Cartwright and Brendan Doherty for an OUTSTANDING season!!!!b I, as fan, had a great season. Thanks, BHS basketball team as a whole, for a great season!!!

BINGHAMTON GOT PIMP SLAPPED BY U-E THIS YEAR. NO DISS AGAINST BINGO, BUT IT SHOWS YOU HOW WEAK SECTION 4 IS.

Guest Guest

You have no idea what you are talking about. Binghamton handled Oneonta which is class A by the way. No disrespect to CV (good win today)but Bing. kicked the crap out of CV when they scrimmaged. There is no way CV could play with and compete with a team the caliber of Mt. Vernon. Hannibel, not a powerhouse. Good Luck CV.

Guest Guest

Mt Vernon is ranked #3 in the state this year. They beat #22 ranked Minisink, earlier this week by 40+ points.

MV beat BHS by 21 last night and BHS was within 2 points at the half. Almost every team in the final 4 at the states has at least one big, tough DI caliber player. BHS competes with a cast of solid, dedicated team oriented players.

I don't think we need to hear anymore how basketball in this section stinks. BHS looked like they belonged out on that court and they played that game with pride and dignity and stayed 'in it' through most of the third quarter, when MV pulled away. Most people who watch HS b-ball expected a humuliation at the hands of Mt Vernon - and that simply didn't happen.

MV is a GREAT team - the school is situated about 3 seconds outside the Bronx (and so plays with NYC teams). The school has with 2700+ students, compared to about 1800 at BHS.

BHS showed it can compete with the really strong NY and NYC teams, so instead of ripping apart a team that had a fabulous year, why not say cudos, great job guys and be happy for them.

And, yes UE did beat BHS ONCE this year, congrats to them as well!

AND, GO WARRIORS! I hope they win the states!

Guest guest
Mt Vernon is ranked #3 in the state this year. They beat #22 ranked Minisink, earlier this week by 40+ points.

MV beat BHS by 21 last night and BHS was within 2 points at the half. Almost every team in the final 4 at the states has at least one big, tough DI caliber player. BHS competes with a cast of solid, dedicated team oriented players.

I don't think we need to hear anymore how basketball in this section stinks. BHS looked like they belonged out on that court and they played that game with pride and dignity and stayed 'in it' through most of the third quarter, when MV pulled away. Most people who watch HS b-ball expected a humuliation at the hands of Mt Vernon - and that simply didn't happen.

MV is a GREAT team - the school is situated about 3 seconds outside the Bronx (and so plays with NYC teams). The school has with 2700+ students, compared to about 1800 at BHS.

BHS showed it can compete with the really strong NY and NYC teams, so instead of ripping apart a team that had a fabulous year, why not say cudos, great job guys and be happy for them.

AND, GO WARRIORS! I hope they win the states!

Not knocking BHS but a lot of times good teams play down to their competition I'm sure when MV plays this comming weekend they will step up their game.

Guest Guest

THe usual BCV garbage. No props to a local team, it MUST be that the other team didn't do well and played 'down'. Blow off pal. What a jerk.

Guest guest

AND, GO WARRIORS! I hope they win the states!SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT SCHOOL SIZE MAKES A DIFFERENCE? IT SEEMS TO ME WHENEVER SOMEONE POSTS ABOUT SCC(400 STUDENTS) PLAYING SCHOOLS MUCH LARGER THEY GET BLASTED FOR SUGGESTING THAT STUDENT POPULATION MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE ON THE TEAMS THAT CAN BE GENERATED FROM SCHOOL SIZE. CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO....

Guest Guest

Are you kidding me?

Does EVERY SINGLE THING revolve around the 'raw deal' that Seton gets?

News flash little boy, we weren't talking about Seton, much to your obvious surprise.

Sure, school size does matter, a thousand more freakin' students does make a difference in the choices, and therefore generally the talent, for a team. NOBODY on the BHS team 'disses' on Seton as far as their level of play especially considering their school size.

Every year a AA school from this section has to compete against schools that have one or even two thousand more students. Seton, nor any other team in any other class except AA, has that handicap in the state competition. But all we ever ever hear on here is how basketball in Section 4 stinks. It is ridiculous..and when a team from this section does well, a couple of clowns have to come on here and say either how BHS (or UE or any other AA team) didn't REALLY do all that well, the other team just wasn't trying.....or try and change the subject to Seton or CV.

SO shut the hell up and let somebody talk about a team that isn't CV or Seton, OK?

Guest Old School
Are you kidding me?

Does EVERY SINGLE THING revolve around the 'raw deal' that Seton gets?

News flash little boy, we weren't talking about Seton, much to your obvious surprise.

Sure, school size does matter, a thousand more freakin' students does make a difference in the choices, and therefore generally the talent, for a team. NOBODY on the BHS team 'disses' on Seton as far as their level of play especially considering their school size.

Every year a AA school from this section has to compete against schools that have one or even two thousand more students. Seton, nor any other team in any other class except AA, has that handicap in the state competition. But all we ever ever hear on here is how basketball in Section 4 stinks. It is ridiculous..and when a team from this section does well, a couple of clowns have to come on here and say either how BHS (or UE or any other AA team) didn't REALLY do all that well, the other team just wasn't trying.....or try and change the subject to Seton or CV.

SO shut the hell up and let somebody talk about a team that isn't CV or Seton, OK?

For the most part, very well said. Good luck to the CV boys and the Seton girls this weekend. The STAC and Class AA champs from BHS, 2 yrs. running, got the opportunity to play Mount Vernon again, this year at full strength. The final score showed a 21 pt win, but with 3:47 left BHS closed to 14. Mount Vernon's coach didn't feel safe to empty his bench until 1:03, when the BHS coach gave his seniors a curtain call. The fourth quarter lead bounced between 16 and 12 for several minutes, as the Patriots ran with the Knights. There are not any teams in class B that could hope to run with BHS, but BHS could run with Mount Vernon. The BHS team got beat on the boards by much taller players, but they still battled. If Olean shows up with 4 kids 6'7" or better that have standing offers from multiple D-I schools, the CV boys can claim they've been in a ball game. All the same, I'd really like the CV boys and Seton girls win STATE.

Archived