City Hall Mayor Using Code Inforcement for Slush Fund

Guest Guest

Leaked to BCV..........Mayor Ryan is using Code Inforcement to cite residents for meaningless trivial code violations stashing money raised in fines for his next campagin.

Someone should ask where the money is???

Want to see a joke.....go to City Court on Thursdays at 2:00 PM to see the trivial code violations brought in front of the Judges. Example: I saw a code inforcement officer taking pictures in a backyard which can't even be seen by neighbors or public view from the street, the yard has tall wooden fences on all sides. The code inforcement officer had to raise his camera with his arm extended completely to get pictures of the backyard. It's Unbelieveable!!!!

You woun't see the Press or TV News Stations looking into this matter!!!!

Leaked to BCV..........Mayor Ryan is using Code Inforcement to cite residents for meaningless trivial code violations stashing money raised in fines for his next campagin.

Want to see a joke.....go to City Court on Thursdays at 2:00 PM to see the trivial code violations brought in front of the Judges. Example: I saw a code inforcement officer taking pictures in a backyard which can't even be seen by neighbors or public view from the street, the yard has tall wooden fences on all sides. The code inforcement officer had to raise his camera with his arm extended completely to get pictures of the backyard. It's Unbelieveable!!!!

If thats really the case, I've got a few backyards I'd like to leak to the Mayor. Let's clean this town up!

So, is it safe to assume that you were in Court for your own case?

And, of course, you don't agree that you had a violation worth citing.

And, since you don't think there was such a violation it must be that trivial matters are now being pursued.

God knows where you get the ridiculous ideas about where the fines go.

So, is it safe to assume that you were in Court for your own case?

And, of course, you don't agree that you had a violation worth citing.

And, since you don't think there was such a violation it must be that trivial matters are now being pursued.

God knows where you get the ridiculous ideas about where the fines go.

I do understand what the OP is saying, If it's not seen by anyone why is it an issue? How would you like code snooping around your backyard when there's no violation at all, but he's is on your private property which you pay taxes for looking for a violation. I've heard myself this is going on in the City of Binghamton.

I myself would not be happy to see a code officer looking around my property when I'm not home or asked for an appointment to see my property. If they see a violation from the sidewalk or Street that's something else. I don't think they have a right to be on Private Property legally to begin with.

I see blatent violations all over this city (from the street) and can't understand why so many places are allowed to look the way they do. I and so many other people have felt the Code Dept. has been soooo lazy and has let this place fall apart (like the Ross and O'neil Building). Negligent homeowners and slumlords need to be babysat and cited for the way they let their properties go!

Also, if I lived next door to someone with a filthy trash infested, junked car lot in their back yard that only I could see, I would definatley want Code Officers raising their arms over the fence to take pictures. Keep up the good work Code, but push it further and clean this town up please!

I do understand what the OP is saying, If it's not seen by anyone why is it an issue? How would you like code snooping around your backyard when there's no violation at all, but he's is on your private property which you pay taxes for looking for a violation. I've heard myself this is going on in the City of Binghamton.

I myself would not be happy to see a code officer looking around my property when I'm not home or asked for an appointment to see my property. If they see a violation from the sidewalk or Street that's something else. I don't think they have a right to be on Private Property legally to begin with.

I have to believe that if there is an accounting issue, it can be cleared up legally by requesting an accounting statement to verify where this money that is being collected from code violations is being deposited. I do believe it is the City Council that approves where money is spent and how it is dispersed.

It is about time that the code office got out there and did something. We should thank these code officers who are working hard instead of complaining about it. If you had something to hide in that backyard you probably dont want them there, if everything is good why would you care if they looked or took a picture. Lets clean this place up. Slum Lords beware...we are going to get you!!!!!!!

Finally some Code Officers are doing the job they've been hired to do! I see blatent violations all over this city (from the street) and can't understand why so many places are allowed to look the way they do. I and so many other people have felt the Code Dept. has been soooo lazy and has let this place fall apart (like the Ross and O'neil Building). Negligent homeowners and slumlords need to be babysat and cited for the way they let their properties go!

Also, if I lived next door to someone with a filthy trash infested, junked car lot in their back yard that only I could see, I would definatley want Code Officers raising their arms over the fence to take pictures. Keep up the good work Code, but push it further and clean this town up please!

Hey stupid, it's a private residents home and code has no business going in anyone's backyard without notification!

I wish someone would do something about the dump at 224 or 226 Main Street! It's a Crap hole I can just imagine what it looks like inside!!!!!! Why doesn't code go to this address and check it out? Let's see what that slumlord thinks about that!

Hey stupid, it's a private residents home and code has no business going in anyone's backyard without notification!

I wish someone would do something about the dump at 224 or 226 Main Street! It's a Crap hole I can just imagine what it looks like inside!!!!!! Why doesn't code go to this address and check it out? Let's see what that slumlord thinks about that!

I've been hearing CODE attacks of 70 and older resident homeowners and of businesses. It's like the remark Mayor Ryan made to Ellis brothers furniture you don't have to stay here................MOVE!

I have been hearing exssessive and redicules violations! Over the edge and beyond violations.

I just heard a daughter of a 85 year old women can't live in peace had to hire a lawyer to stop the nonsense not COMMON SENSE code violations!!!

She is considering a lawsuit aganist the City, not only is she the only one the 85 to 90 year old women who owns the old Mike's Tavern on Glennwood Ave is being harressed constanly. These people are on fixed incomes and lived their all their lives in these homes. Now Mayor Ryan and Cities Code inforcement officers are attacking the elderly homeowners.

The City itself is it's own violater of code just look at properties the City owns! The City should lead by example if it's intentions are genuine!

BCVoiceNews.com is going to do a story on this subject.

Garo Kachadourian has hired reporters to chase these stories and more! Pictures will follow and the stories of these elderly homeowners who are just making ends meet! Some who have renters who will have to pay more rent when the owners are forced to make repairs..... some redicules!!!

These same elderly voters which Citizen Action and Working Families minupulated for votes for Mayor Ryan and the new Council members.

I hate to even think this is true............RUMOR IS RYAN IS TARGETING OPPOSERS OF HIS ADMINISTRATION USING CODE!

IT's EVEN BEEN DISCUSSED AROUND TOWN, MAYOR RYAN WAS BEHIND THE CARD GAME BUST TO GAIN GOOD FAVOR WITH GOV. SPITZER FOR A POSSIABLE HIGHER POSITION LATER!

IT's BELIEVEABLE BECAUSE NOT ONE STATE TROOPER WAS FROM THE LOCAL AREA...and who has that POWER TO CONTROL IT.

I have been hearing exssessive and redicules violations! Over the edge and beyond violations.

I just heard a daughter of a 85 year old women can't live in peace had to hire a lawyer to stop the nonsense not COMMON SENSE code violations!!!

She is considering a lawsuit aganist the City, not only is she the only one the 85 to 90 year old women who owns the old Mike's Tavern on Glennwood Ave is being harressed constanly. These people are on fixed incomes and lived their all their lives in these homes. Now Mayor Ryan and Cities Code inforcement officers are attacking the elderly homeowners.

The City itself is it's own violater of code just look at properties the City owns! The City should lead by example if it's intentions are genuine!

BCVoiceNews.com is going to do a story on this subject.

Garo Kachadourian has hired reporters to chase these stories and more! Pictures will follow and the stories of these elderly homeowners who are just making ends meet! Some who have renters who will have to pay more rent when the owners are forced to make repairs..... some redicules!!!

These same elderly voters which Citizen Action and Working Families minupulated for votes for Mayor Ryan and the new Council members.

If an elderly person can no longer keep up a property and pay for it's maintenance, it's probably time for them to sell or will it to their able bodied children who can take care of it and grant the parents life use so they still have a place to live. Age of a homeowner should not be the reason that neighbors lose thousands of dollars off the values of their homes when they try to sell.

I had a code 'inforcement' officer tell me once that I could not have an unregistered vehicle in my garage. He looked at the car, and the previous owner's registration sticker was still on the window. When I opened the garage, he waked out from my neighbor's house (she called them on me) and told me the car wasn't mine and I had to remove it. When I called my dad, and he went right to the guy's office, and showed him the signed title, and the bill of sale, the guy did a complete 180 degree attitude change! :lol:

My backyard is fenced in but code can use my upstairs porch anytime to take pictures our area is becoming like Charlotte street. I hope code fines the landlords very heavey and I would not care what they do with the money (have a party ) We are all sick of the people making our street a complete mess.

I hate to even think this is true............RUMOR IS RYAN IS TARGETING OPPOSERS OF HIS ADMINISTRATION USING CODE!

IT's EVEN BEEN DISCUSSED AROUND TOWN, MAYOR RYAN WAS BEHIND THE CARD GAME BUST TO GAIN GOOD FAVOR WITH GOV. SPITZER FOR A POSSIABLE HIGHER POSITION LATER!

IT's BELIEVEABLE BECAUSE NOT ONE STATE TROOPER WAS FROM THE LOCAL AREA...and who has that POWER TO CONTROL IT.

This would not surpise me at all. Ryan probably got the infortmation from a friend in the game and had no problems busting him along with everybody else. Ryan will scrrew over anybody and everybody over. He cannot be trusted even as friend.

Finally some Code Officers are doing the job they've been hired to do! I see blatent violations all over this city (from the street) and can't understand why so many places are allowed to look the way they do. I and so many other people have felt the Code Dept. has been soooo lazy and has let this place fall apart (like the Ross and O'neil Building). Negligent homeowners and slumlords need to be babysat and cited for the way they let their properties go!

You must be talking about my property, they actually junk the cars, and code has responded. I do not think code or the city can figure out what to do with these people. One problem is that we have to buy our garbage bags in order to have them picked up. And a large number of people would rather fill their basements or the railroad tracks or any place else they can throw it. My problem is I still have some pride left and would not live in squaler but I am surrounded by it.Years back the city had people on welfare picking up trash and sweeping the streets. This is not done anymore, the city was probably sued.

I also heard 63 Thorp st. was sold to a person from The City. I thought this dump was to be torn down? Like you I hope this city is cleaned up and I would hope Code and the Mayor would adopt a code of 0 tolerance towards Landlords who are letting their Tennants cover our City in filth. I can only pray.

You must be talking about my property, they actually junk the cars, and code has responded. I do not think code or the city can figure out what to do with these people. One problem is that we have to buy our garbage bags in order to have them picked up. And a large number of people would rather fill their basements or the railroad tracks or any place else they can throw it. My problem is I still have some pride left and would not live in squaler but I am surrounded by it.Years back the city had people on welfare picking up trash and sweeping the streets. This is not done anymore, the city was probably sued.

I also heard 63 Thorp st. was sold to a person from The City. I thought this dump was to be torn down? Like you I hope this city is cleaned up and I would hope Code and the Mayor would adopt a code of 0 tolerance towards Landlords who are letting their Tennants cover our City in filth. I can only pray.

YOU STUPID IDIOT! ARE YOU THAT DUMB? I HAVE TO THROWUP BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY, WE HAVE MORE CRIME IN THIS PIECE OF CRAP CITY AND IT'S OUT OF CONTROL GETTING WORSE EVERYDAY. THEY WORRY ABOUT THE DUMBIEST CODE VIOLATIONS. THESE DUMB CODE NAZI'S

Guest nxtmayor

your right. clean up the city and throw out the trash. all the trash. houses, people, landlords, business, etc, etc. if you dont qualify under zero tolerance, good riddens!!!

Archived