Get Ready Binghamton Crime wave is right around the Corner

Guest City Taxpayer

You are very paranoid.

Are you kidding me. I am paranoid? Are you aware of the shooting on Mygatt St. this weekend where they found shell casings that most likely came from an AK-47 or another type of assault rifle that uses the same caliber bullet? Do you know how big of a hole an AK-47 will put in you? If you want to say I am paranoid, then this would be the reason, that and the fact that I thwarted 2 scumbags that were trying to break into cars on my street at 4:30 AM because my dog alerted me to there presence in my driveway. Do you know who is lurking around your home when you are not there or are asleep? Call me paranoid all you want, but if it keeps me and my family safe from the scumbags that are commiting the crime in this are I can deal with that. You on the other hand are living in a fantasy world.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding me. I am paranoid? Are you aware of the shooting on Mygatt St. this weekend where they found shell casings that most likely came from an AK-47 or another type of assault rifle that uses the same caliber bullet? Do you know how big of a hole an AK-47 will put in you? If you want to say I am paranoid, then this would be the reason, that and the fact that I thwarted 2 scumbags that were trying to break into cars on my street at 4:30 AM because my dog alerted me to there presence in my driveway. Do you know who is lurking around your home when you are not there or are asleep? Call me paranoid all you want, but if it keeps me and my family safe from the scumbags that are commiting the crime in this are I can deal with that. You on the other hand are living in a fantasy world.

What on earth are you doing "twarting scumbags" at 4:30 in the morning? Are you begging them to take a shot at you? Idiot. call 911 next time and keep your butt in the house. Dang you are not only paranoid, you are putting yourself out there just looking for a problem. Ya Ya Ya your "dog alerted you". Uh huh. More likely you are one of those who sits in the window watching everything that blows by your wonderful abode. I feel sorry for you.

What on earth are you doing "twarting scumbags" at 4:30 in the morning? Are you begging them to take a shot at you? Idiot. call 911 next time and keep your butt in the house. Dang you are not only paranoid, you are putting yourself out there just looking for a problem. Ya Ya Ya your "dog alerted you". Uh huh. More likely you are one of those who sits in the window watching everything that blows by your wonderful abode. I feel sorry for you.

First of all I did call 911. The operator told me to wait outside for the police to arrive because at the time the scumbags were not in sight. While I was waiting for the BPD to arrive I noticed the scumbags down the street looking into other people's cars. At this time I made a second call to 911 and shortly thereafter a BPD car arrived. Also, I work nights so I had only gone up tp bed about a 1/2 an hour before this occured. The first time my dog barked I didn't worry about it, but when she barked again I went downstairs to look out the window. It was very windy and there had just been a fresh dusting of snow on the ground. At first I though my dog was barking because of the wind, then I noticed on my wife's car that someone had wiped the snow off the window to look inside and I could see there footprints in the snow. You are a first class fool who has you head up ypur DELETED. I would like to think most people would do the same thing that I did, but some people like you must be to lazy and ignorant to care if people are lurking on your property trying to steal the things you worked for or worse, considering the shootings and home invasions that have occurred recently.

Anyone ever tell you your are a first class DELETED? Get a clue and open your eyes to what is going on in our communities.

Anyone ever tell you your are a first class DELETED? Get a clue and open your eyes to what is going on in our communities.

Sorry, they deleted what I was saying to you. The word was DELETED.

First of all I did call 911. The operator told me to wait outside for the police to arrive because at the time the scumbags were not in sight. While I was waiting for the BPD to arrive I noticed the scumbags down the street looking into other people's cars. At this time I made a second call to 911 and shortly thereafter a BPD car arrived. Also, I work nights so I had only gone up tp bed about a 1/2 an hour before this occured. The first time my dog barked I didn't worry about it, but when she barked again I went downstairs to look out the window. It was very windy and there had just been a fresh dusting of snow on the ground. At first I though my dog was barking because of the wind, then I noticed on my wife's car that someone had wiped the snow off the window to look inside and I could see there footprints in the snow. You are a first class fool who has you head up ypur DELETED. I would like to think most people would do the same thing that I did, but some people like you must be to lazy and ignorant to care if people are lurking on your property trying to steal the things you worked for or worse, considering the shootings and home invasions that have occurred recently.

"considering the shootings that have occured recently"........and you go outside to confront the "scumbags" to protect some useless item left in someoneelse's car? You are looking for trouble. BAD decision. STUPID decision.

Excuse me. I stand corrected. It is way better to go outside and confront "scumbags" who may be trying to steal an IPod or whatever - go ahead, get your head blown off. That's just stupid. Call 911 and mind your own business and let them take care of it. Oh boy, everybody's an expert at surveillance these days.

Did 911 instruct you to go outside and confront these dudes? Or did they tell you to stay in your safe home and mind your own beeswax?

@

Did 911 instruct you to go outside and confront these dudes? Or did they tell you to stay in your safe home and mind your own beeswax?

@

You should really read more and post less. I never said that I confronted them retard. I said I thwarted there attempts to break into people's cars including my own idiot.

@

It is really hard to have an inteligent converstion with someone that is obviously not inteligent since you are unable to read and comprehend what was written. Good luck keeping your head in the sand.

You should really read more and post less. I never said that I confronted them retard. I said I thwarted there attempts to break into people's cars including my own idiot.

"including my own idiot" yup. that says it all.

It is really hard to have an inteligent converstion with someone that is obviously not inteligent since you are unable to read and comprehend what was written. Good luck keeping your head in the sand.

I think you have difficulty having an intelligent conversation with anyone about any subject. Your spelling and grammar reveals that, not to mention you went outside to see/chase/thwart supposedly dangerous scumbags. Now that's just not smart.

I am not suprised by the comprehension level by the few who can't see the forest through the trees.

The poster is cleanly trying to make you understand whats going on even in his situation, obviously you don't see what he's trying to tell you for some god forsaking reason.

This nonsense (ALL CRIME) is out of control in Binghamton and neighboring towns. It needs to be stopped, cutting the Police force in Binghamton is not the answer.

If our Cities Administration even tries to go down this road of cutting the Binghamton Police Force, i will call as many people (BCV readers and Posters and taxpayers) to come to City Council to stop this insanity! We pay for this service and well have a say in the matter!

This issue is no joking matter Mayor Ryan and you will be gone in the next election.

By the way......................

Funny how the Press hasn't done an article about your generous Fire Department's Contract. I wonder why? The public will not be happy with those details Mayor!

• 2 months later...
The cops in Bingo don't do anything anyway, go ahead and get rid of them.

Binghamton pd is over run with calls and they do the very best they can. If you had a poor encounter with them then you were doing something you shouldn't have anyways. They go from call to call to call with no respect. Everyone they deal with doesn't listen to them and gives the police a hard time. You guys wouldn't know what to do without them. Don't judge them until you have the guts to go out every night and deal with the scum they have to. until then, stop abusing the people who come to work everyday to protect you.

A better question might be are YOU for real? If the force would do their job instead of parking like "spoons" and chatting it up in hidden parking lots, we wouldn't need so many officers. If Chicago can do it so can this one horse town. 4 officers eliminated, big whoop.

are you kidding me? They do their job and then some. Do you get breaks at your job? well they get breaks to and it just so happens they have to have them in their cars and preferably in a parking lot out of traffic. Most of the time they are working on the last call they had and need to finish their reports and maybe, just maybe the second officer that is there is also working on his report also, not spooning. you clowns have no idea what you are talking about. don't talk bad about what you happen to see the police doing when you have no idea what your talking about. when you have the guts to go into work and protect people you don't even know, then you can talk. until then, shut up!!!!!!

@

Guest Guest
are you kidding me? They do their job and then some. Do you get breaks at your job? well they get breaks to and it just so happens they have to have them in their cars and preferably in a parking lot out of traffic. Most of the time they are working on the last call they had and need to finish their reports and maybe, just maybe the second officer that is there is also working on his report also, not spooning. you clowns have no idea what you are talking about. don't talk bad about what you happen to see the police doing when you have no idea what your talking about. when you have the guts to go into work and protect people you don't even know, then you can talk. until then, shut up!!!!!!

@

How funny. Must be from the wife of a policeman - who believes him when he tells her what a horrible, hard, workfilled day he had. Gimme a break. Busy days occassionally? Certainly. Busy every day? Not a chance. Check on on your boy honey, he's wasting a lot of time and just pretending to be tired when he gets home - it gets him out of helping with the kids & housework.

Guest Guest
How funny. Must be from the wife of a policeman - who believes him when he tells her what a horrible, hard, workfilled day he had. Gimme a break. Busy days occassionally? Certainly. Busy every day? Not a chance. Check on on your boy honey, he's wasting a lot of time and just pretending to be tired when he gets home - it gets him out of helping with the kids & housework.

i give the bpd a 9.9 out of ten. it would be a ten if they would lock up every single degenerate downtown....but i know they can't...

i have dealt with the bpd alot (on the good side) and come to the conclusion that they are a well organized, professional, fast acting and if i'm not mistaken, i think they have solved every murder, arson, robbery and whatever that we've come across in the city.

am i right? wrong?

Guest Peter mills
lots of people seem to think this.

how about the police chief of binghamton. After seeing that his son was involved in grand Larson steeling a 20,000 dollar wedding ring from an innocient man on Binghamton's west side ......... why isnt he arrested?

Guest Guest
i give the bpd a 9.9 out of ten. it would be a ten if they would lock up every single degenerate downtown....but i know they can't...

i have dealt with the bpd alot (on the good side) and come to the conclusion that they are a well organized, professional, fast acting and if i'm not mistaken, i think they have solved every murder, arson, robbery and whatever that we've come across in the city.

am i right? wrong?

I don't recall anyone saying they didn't do their job. Most think it's just not a full time job given all the time they stop for leisurely dinners at family homes while on duty, park & chat, park & hide, etc. They are not at attention for 40 hours, it's rare they have enough to keep them busy. OH yes, the paper work! Maybe they are slow at it & stuggle to write? How many reports/tickets have you seen that are written like a 3rd grader? I will confess, I have seen a few.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest susan

So many of you are right on this site. All the poopie thoughts that come from his brain are stinking up our city. He is making this a pody city which is full of poopie. I do not like poopie in my city and i want to wash your minds with soap. The republican party is the only reason any of us are alive and we owe them our servitude. No more poop for binghamton!

@

Guest Another Taxpayer
Our J-A Mayor Ryan is going to cut of 14 to 18 Police officers. This is what our idiot Mayor is going to subject taxpayers too!

Our City is under seige and this moron wants to cut our police protection!

More Crime cometh............. is this guy for real?

• 1 month later...
Guest bingo victim
Trust me, it won't be that bad. Not the smartest cut, but you're making a bigger deal about this than it's worth.

@

Wont be that bad! I was assaulted by 5 black youths while walking my dog "pug" and more than likely had my jaw broken last evening, police response time 20+ min because they were "busy" while the thugs gathered in the Manleys parking lot on Clinton St. for 15 of those mins, they could have arrested my assailants but never showed up at Manleys where I told them to go!

@

• 2 weeks later...

Firing police officers isn't going to cause more crime. It might result in less crimes resulting is arrest and prosecution, and that's about it.

In reality, considering the state of Binghamton's economy, it makes more sense to do it than now; you have to weigh the benefits and drawbacks, and in this case, I feel it's safe to agree with Ryan's decision.

It's part of government bloat that we need to get rid of.

And to the post above this, that claimed they were assaulted, that's happened to me before too, in broad daylight. It's actually coincidental that I literally had nothing more than 17 cents in my pocket and a bottle of shaving cream that I had just bought at CVS; I've always only carried enough cash to get exactly what I needed (although for a different reason that being mugged :P). Having more police officers on duty would be highly unlikely to have prevented that from happening, and it happened 2 blocks (on the corner of Exchange Street and Lisle Avenue) from the central police station.

It's a simple fact that you can't have police officers on every corner, and that's the only way that having more would really do much good for preventing crimes like that.

@

Archived