Get Ready Binghamton Crime wave is right around the Corner

Guest City Taxpayer

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest derpperd
All citizens go to walmart and buy some rifles and shotguns. It's time we citizens took the law into our own hands. You have the right to bear arms!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest someone

Your right the crime way has started look at all the hood rats running around the streets lately, and yeah the cops dont do anything there where several break ins in the first ward. Guess what how many cops did i see in the area ZERO. You would think that if there is an increase of illegal activity you would see a few cops in area, but then again their all hangin out on state st watchin the college girls chests as they come out of the bar.

Firing police officers isn't going to cause more crime. It might result in less crimes resulting is arrest and prosecution, and that's about it.

In reality, considering the state of Binghamton's economy, it makes more sense to do it than now; you have to weigh the benefits and drawbacks, and in this case, I feel it's safe to agree with Ryan's decision.

It's part of government bloat that we need to get rid of.

And to the post above this, that claimed they were assaulted, that's happened to me before too, in broad daylight. It's actually coincidental that I literally had nothing more than 17 cents in my pocket and a bottle of shaving cream that I had just bought at CVS; I've always only carried enough cash to get exactly what I needed (although for a different reason that being mugged :P). Having more police officers on duty would be highly unlikely to have prevented that from happening, and it happened 2 blocks (on the corner of Exchange Street and Lisle Avenue) from the central police station.

It's a simple fact that you can't have police officers on every corner, and that's the only way that having more would really do much good for preventing crimes like that.

Having more cops on the street may have prevented the affront you got, had it not been the thugs' first crime. What's the odd that is was their first?

More cops would definately prevent the second, third, fourth and nineteenth person after you getting mugged.

@

Your right the crime way has started look at all the hood rats running around the streets lately, and yeah the cops don't do anything there where several break ins in the first ward. Guess what how many cops did i see in the area ZERO. You would think that if there is an increase of illegal activity you would see a few cops in area, but then again their all hangin out on state st watchin the college girls chests as they come out of the bar.

and the moment a fight breaks out and somebody gets shot or stabbed..you'll be the one griping that there are not ENOUGH cops downtown...WHICH way do you want it??!! Holy smokes people!!! Put more cops on nights...guess what?! That means LESS cops on DAYS!! And then nobody will be happy because of THAT!!! Make up your DELETED minds!! One DELETED way or the other!!! Or if you are just sooo unhappy with it all...take your gun, borrow a gun...go buy a gun...put the muzzle in your mouth and steadily press the trigger...don't jerk it, press it steadily and ensure your accuracy!! Nice job Sparky..well done!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest-Ashley-*

The other day my husband and I were at the King Grill Buffet and 4 Broome County Sheriffs sat at the table next to us. They were making sexual gestures to the waitress, talking obnoxiously loud about their side arms and demanded a discount for being in law enforcement.

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, and I don't really know whether the Broome County Sheriff fits the same category as the Binghamton Police, but way to go guys! You sure left a positive impression about yourselves and buddies in the force! I feel so safe in your presence.

Your right the crime way has started look at all the hood rats running around the streets lately, and yeah the cops dont do anything there where several break ins in the first ward. Guess what how many cops did i see in the area ZERO. You would think that if there is an increase of illegal activity you would see a few cops in area, but then again their all hangin out on state st watchin the college girls chests as they come out of the bar.

awwww.........

Guest FeelsSorry
Wont be that bad! I was assaulted by 5 black youths while walking my dog "pug" and more than likely had my jaw broken last evening, police response time 20+ min because they were "busy" while the thugs gathered in the Manleys parking lot on Clinton St. for 15 of those mins, they could have arrested my assailants but never showed up at Manleys where I told them to go!

@

Get a gun and go Bernard Goetz on them next time.

Guest po'd southsider

THESE BINGHAMTON POLICE OFFICERS SHOULD GROW UP AND START ACTING LIKE PROFESSIONALS!!!!! I WONDER HOW MANY OF THEM ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE CITY OF BINGHAMTON????

THEY GET PAID A REALLY GREAT SALARY WITH OUTSTANDING BENEFITS!!! I THINK THEY SHOULD DIG INTO THEIR OWN BIG FAT PAYCHECKS AND START BY PAYING INTO THEIR OWN RETIREMENT

LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE DO!!!!!! ALSO PAY FOR THEIR HEALTH CARE!!!! THEY WANT TO SAVE JOBS FROM BEING CUT, THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO START!!!! IF THEY ARE TOO GREEDY TO DO THIS THAN THEY DESERVE TO HAVE CUTS MADE TO THEIR DEPARTMENT!!!!

PO'D SOUTHSIDER

I'LL USE ALL CAPS JUST LIKE YOU!! WHERE TO BEGIN, LETS BY SAYING YOU ARE SO CLUELESS! THE POLICE INSURANCE ISSUE IS IN ARBITRATION RIGHT NOW SO THEY ARE LEGALLY BARRED FROM SPEAKING ABOUT IT. i KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE POLICE UNION (BPA) WAS NEVER AGAINST MAKING A DEAL WITH THE CITY OVER INSURANCE. THEY'RE QUESTION TO RYAN WAS YOU WANT US TO PAY 15% OF OUR INSURANCE BUT HOW MUCH DOES OUR INSURANCE COST THE CITY? RYAN AND HIS BUDDIES REFUSED TO TELL THE BPA THE COST OF INSURANCE PER EMPLOYEE. YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE INFO IS PUBLIC RECORD. IT IS. A FOIL(FREEDOM OF INFO) WAS FILED BY THE BPA FOR THE INSURANCE COST PER EMPLOYEE, THE REQUEST WAS DENIED. NOW THAT BEING SAID WHO IN THEY'RE RIGHT MIND WOULD AGREE TO PAY A PERENTAGE OF AN AMOUNT FOR INSURANCE AND NEVER BE TOLD WHAT THE ACTUAL COVERAGE COST.

NOW BEFORE I LET YOU GO BACK TO WORKING FOR THE RE-ELECT RYAN CAMPIAGN. LET ME INFORM YOU THAT RYAN AND ALL OF HIS STAFF WERE PAYING 7.5% FOR THEIR HEALTHCARE ALL THE WAY TO LAST SUMMER. IN ANTICIPATION OF THE ELECTIONS THEY INCREASED THEY'RE AMOUNT TO BE ON SCALE WITH THE OTHER CITY DEPARMENTS. NOW THATS LEADERSHIP YOU CAN DEPEND ON.

@

Guest Guest-Bogey5-*
Our J-A Mayor Ryan is going to cut of 14 to 18 Police officers. This is what our idiot Mayor is going to subject taxpayers too!

Our City is under seige and this moron wants to cut our police protection!

More Crime cometh............. is this guy for real?

Guest Guest-Bogey5-*

Well ok you would like more police, easy, how many would you like? You can have as many as your heart desires, how much are you willing to pay in taxes. Moron

@

Guest Adonai 27
Our J-A Mayor Ryan is going to cut of 14 to 18 Police officers. This is what our idiot Mayor is going to subject taxpayers too!

Our City is under seige and this moron wants to cut our police protection!

More Crime cometh............. is this guy for real?

Guest Adonai 27

The problem is not just with our police officers; it's this whole area. I have watched this city change drastically over the years...people are rude, mean and just flat out ridiculous. There are more drug dealers here now more than ever (and I can name quite a few), people are smoking dope and selling it in broad daylight and I see more and more young kids walking around during the day instead of being in school. I honestly can't even get to work every morning without an issue with another driver and a few weeks I almost got into an accident on 2 seperate occasions because of road rage and heavy feet. If Matt Ryan wants to take more police officers off the street than he must have previous experience in living in slums because that is exactly what is going to happen to Binghamton and the surrounding areas. People need more God in their lives because that is where the real power comes from.

Guest Adonai 27
PO'D SOUTHSIDER

I'LL USE ALL CAPS JUST LIKE YOU!! WHERE TO BEGIN, LETS BY SAYING YOU ARE SO CLUELESS!

<ETC>

NOW THATS LEADERSHIP YOU CAN DEPEND ON.

@

I think that is wonderful that our local government officials are making sacrifices for us......this includes letting cops get layed off so that the crime rate can go up. Now that's leadership you can depend on.

Guest honest john
I think that is wonderful that our local government officials are making sacrifices for us......this includes letting cops get layed off so that the crime rate can go up. Now that's leadership you can depend on.

Here, here!!!!!

Matt Ryan and all other gov't officials should be concerned at this point. I do believe they have to live around here as well. How about taking a pay cut so we can keep some of our police officers. Binghamton may be a small city but just like many other small cities in New York, crime goes up, people move out and the economy goes to crap.....(even worse than it is now).

• 2 weeks later...

A county executive along with a mayor, have no background in regards to law enforcement management. They will always

be on the outside, looking in. The only way they have control, is hiring and firing.

3 black males did rob a person at the bus station last night, funny thing is that this is the 3rd armed robbery this week by the crew who brandished a gun at all of them. There is a possible link to the upper front street robbery the sheriffs dept is investigating. A gang brawl involving 200 people at the days inn on frony st where every police agency in the county was called to help out in(where a gun was displayed). Isn't it intresting that a black male got shot in the leg on susquehana street this morning at around 500 am. Now lets ask the million dollar question why isn't the media reporting on any of these incidents. Because it's an election year and Matty boy wants to get re-elected and cut cops at the same time. I think the answer is more yute directors and cow bell!

@

Suspicious car seen on the West Side this morning - Dark-colored Chevy Impala NY license plate DGR 1675.

@

"suspicious car?" oh brother. You must be one of those residents like my old, old auntie who stares out her window all day long just hoping for something to happen. On dull days her paranoia really gets the best of her. Same with you.

• 2 weeks later...
and the moment a fight breaks out and somebody gets shot or stabbed..you'll be the one griping that there are not ENOUGH cops downtown...WHICH way do you want it??!! Holy smokes people!!! Put more cops on nights...guess what?! That means LESS cops on DAYS!! And then nobody will be happy because of THAT!!! Make up your DELETED minds!! One DELETED way or the other!!! Or if you are just sooo unhappy with it all...take your gun, borrow a gun...go buy a gun...put the muzzle in your mouth and steadily press the trigger...don't jerk it, press it steadily and ensure your accuracy!! Nice job Sparky..well done!!!

Most of the violent crime happens at night, so I say increase the patrol at night. Daytime crime isn't nearly as bad, more theifts usually.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the strong feeling that Rich David does not even care to much about getting the job, do we want a guy in office who is still running a business on the side? We all know how demanding owning a company can be and now he want to get the Mayor job? I think he is not qualitfied folks.

Does he want the Mayor pay check to just to help make ends meet?

Ryan has proven to be an idiot.

David does not have his heart in doing the job right. Not 100% in it

Drazen is going to get my vote, he will shake things up and commit to getting into the details to exploit waste and get us back on the right track.

Guest Guest-friendsville-*
All citizens go to walmart and buy some rifles and shotguns. It's time we citizens took the law into our own hands. You have the right to bear arms!

I wonder how long our Country would survive ,if we can take the law into our own hands. I think...not too long.

Archived