ESPN Radio or FOX Sports Radio

Pepper Johnson

I like Fox more as it it just plain less boring. No pizazz at all on ESPN Sports radio. The ones on Fox just seem to have better and more alive personalities. The ESPN guys are too bland.

Think back 25 years ago, which would be more exciting, Sports talk radio hosted by IBM Computer designers or Apple Computer designers? Like the IBM crew (as a whole) would likely be, the ESPN guys are just stuff shirts.

Of course I realize others will love ESPN radio better liking the exact reasons I point out above, that they prefer the nuts & bolts approach, and whatever other reasons. I respect that. To each his own.

Wolf

Guest Guest
I like Fox more as it it just plain less boring. No pizazz at all on ESPN Sports radio. The ones on Fox just seem to have better and more alive personalities. The ESPN guys are too bland.

Think back 25 years ago, which would be more exciting, Sports talk radio hosted by IBM Computer designers or Apple Computer designers? Like the IBM crew (as a whole) would likely be, the ESPN guys are just stuff shirts.

Of course I realize others will love ESPN radio better liking the exact reasons I point out above, that they prefer the nuts & bolts approach, and whatever other reasons. I respect that. To each his own.

Wolf

1430 is the sole reason I got Sirius radio. Fox sports is awful and the ratings show that. In teh morning James Washington may be the worst radio personality I have heard. Jim Rome I have never got as it's the same bad interviews and bad jokes day after day. The show has become way too much NASCAR and for fans that really like sports, ESPN radio is IMO the best choice hands down. Chris Myers is a good TV guy, but his radio show is boring and outside of Andrew Siciliano, the station is just bad. ESPN radio is the way to go. However, if you get Sirius, you will have a lot of other options as well.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Fox Sports Radio : Steve Sabin is hilarious. I like to listen to his morning show. The daily segments - "Lock it up" or "This might be a stupid question" or the Trucker's call in show - "Where ya at an watcha haulin ?" - crack me up.

Negatives - Chris Myers. Way too much Chris Myers on the TV & radio. I don't know what it is , the guy just grates on me.

James Washington - mediocre NFL player, brings no intelligent insight . Sounds like a bad Nipsy Russel impersonator.

Mike & Mike on ESPN : Funny, informational - I enjoy their show as well.

I listen to 1430 (Steve Sabin) driving in to work and ESPN driving home (to avoid Myers).

Guest Guest
Fox Sports Radio : Steve Sabin is hilarious. I like to listen to his morning show. The daily segments - "Lock it up" or "This might be a stupid question" or the Trucker's call in show - "Where ya at an watcha haulin ?" - crack me up.

Negatives - Chris Myers. Way too much Chris Myers on the TV & radio. I don't know what it is , the guy just grates on me.

James Washington - mediocre NFL player, brings no intelligent insight . Sounds like a bad Nipsy Russel impersonator.

Mike & Mike on ESPN : Funny, informational - I enjoy their show as well.

I listen to 1430 (Steve Sabin) driving in to work and ESPN driving home (to avoid Myers).

Czaban is by far the best 1430 has. In fact, it's all they have...

Guest Guest

During the course of the day I just swith back and forth. If ESPN has something interesting on I'll listen to that. As soon as it gets boring or they start talking about hockey or something I'll switch it over to FOX.

Guest Guest

If you can pull in 660 WFAN I would suggest trying that station over both 1430 and 1360. It comes in pretty good depending on the weather and at best in the early morning and evening hours when the sun is down but the signal is strong enough to get in even during the day.

6-9 amL Boomer and Cartin (Took Imus's spot). An awesome duo, one ex-pro football player and the other just a regular sports guy/ fan who busts each others chops all morning and they compliment each other quite well. Not all sports talk as they throw in some current events and all kinds of other good topics.

10-1: Joe Demingo and Chris Carlin are also another good duo. A great listen on Monday mornings after a Jet loss or a bad weekend from the Mets. Beningo is a HUGE Jets and Mets fan and rips them to shreds any chance he gets.

1-6:30 pm:Mike and The Mad Dog. Say what you want about them and yes I think they are pretty annoying at times but they do know their pro sports for the most part and hardly talk NBA which both 1360 and 1430 talk WAY too much about. Baseball is king in NY and even in January and February Mets and Yanks talk dominate the M&MD show. Its also simulcasted on the YES network as well.

The Schmoozer, Steve Sommers is their best and most revered on air talent with his deadpan humor and witty dialogue in the evenings.

Like I said, it's a station out of NYC so most of the talk is NY sports dominated but no dumb NASQUEER talk and since the Knicks and Nets both suck relatively little to no NBA talk. Plenty of college talk, hockey but mostly NFL and baseball during the year.

It's also available to listen to for free on www.wfan.com just click on the "Listen Live" button.

Guest Guest
If you can pull in 660 WFAN I would suggest trying that station over both 1430 and 1360. It comes in pretty good depending on the weather and at best in the early morning and evening hours when the sun is down but the signal is strong enough to get in even during the day.

6-9 amL Boomer and Cartin (Took Imus's spot). An awesome duo, one ex-pro football player and the other just a regular sports guy/ fan who busts each others chops all morning and they compliment each other quite well. Not all sports talk as they throw in some current events and all kinds of other good topics.

10-1: Joe Demingo and Chris Carlin are also another good duo. A great listen on Monday mornings after a Jet loss or a bad weekend from the Mets. Beningo is a HUGE Jets and Mets fan and rips them to shreds any chance he gets.

1-6:30 pm:Mike and The Mad Dog. Say what you want about them and yes I think they are pretty annoying at times but they do know their pro sports for the most part and hardly talk NBA which both 1360 and 1430 talk WAY too much about. Baseball is king in NY and even in January and February Mets and Yanks talk dominate the M&MD show. Its also simulcasted on the YES network as well.

The Schmoozer, Steve Sommers is their best and most revered on air talent with his deadpan humor and witty dialogue in the evenings.

Like I said, it's a station out of NYC so most of the talk is NY sports dominated but no dumb NASQUEER talk and since the Knicks and Nets both suck relatively little to no NBA talk. Plenty of college talk, hockey but mostly NFL and baseball during the year.

It's also available to listen to for free on www.wfan.com just click on the "Listen Live" button.

it's (Benigno) you retard........... fatso and fruitloops are great, but Jim Rome is the best sports show on the radio bar-none. 12-3 every day on 1430.

@

Guest Al Dukes and Mink
it's (Benigno) you retard........... fatso and fruitloops are great, but Jim Rome is the best sports show on the radio bar-none. 12-3 every day on 1430.

@

You're right. Thanks for the insight and I was wrong on Joe D's spelling. My apologies. Glad you offered alot to the topic on hand though.

I should have known his last name though since I remember when he was a regular caller on The Fan and known as Joe from Saddle River I believe and got a gig at WFAN on overnights for years. His rants on a Sunday night after a Jets loss was hysterical.

@

Archived