Binghamton vs MT. Vernon

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

According to the Syracuse Sports Forum Mt. Vernon was ranked 34th in the Nation in High School Basketball. Congratulations to the Binghamton Patriots for doing such a fine job in keeping a nationally ranked team to 2 pts. at the half and within 21 pts. at the end.

It says alot for the Bing.athletes and their ability to play so well against this team and be on the court knowing that you belong there .

Guest Guest

If the last two years is any indication, BHS basketball is going to be a force for the foreseeable future. Congrats BHS and Coach Springer.

Guest Guest
If the last two years is any indication, BHS basketball is going to be a force for the foreseeable future. Congrats BHS and Coach Springer.

When is the last time Binghamton won a state sectional game. So long ago that I cannot even remember. What is Dave Springer's record in state sectional play in his 9,10 years as head coach of binghamton patriots? Not sure if he ever won 1 single state playoff game?? may have; but I don't recall it.

There once was a day when Binghamton High (and their supporters) did not celebrate being close in games or being ranked in the state (it was the norm)

Now you people want to shower praise when the school gets an honarable mention in the state rankings. Continue to be fooled people. BHS Patriots were state ranked every single year since the schools existance until the the Springer era. They should win the stac and section with their numbers, talent and tradition. win on the state level please!

Corgel and Nanni, "where are you, you guys were never satisfied with small accomplishments" , the Pats need you!!

Guest Guest
When is the last time Binghamton won a state sectional game. So long ago that I cannot even remember. What is Dave Springer's record in state sectional play in his 9,10 years as head coach of binghamton patriots? Not sure if he ever won 1 single state playoff game?? may have; but I don't recall it.

There once was a day when Binghamton High (and their supporters) did not celebrate being close in games or being ranked in the state (it was the norm)

Now you people want to shower praise when the school gets an honarable mention in the state rankings. Continue to be fooled people. BHS Patriots were state ranked every single year since the schools existance until the the Springer era. They should win the stac and section with their numbers, talent and tradition. win on the state level please!

Corgel and Nanni, "where are you, you guys were never satisfied with small accomplishments" , the Pats need you!!

Stop living in the past dude, your recollection is flawed and Nanni wasn't such a great coach.

Give these kids and Springer what they deserve which is our admiration, not criticism.

Guest Guest

Hey that just wouldn't be any fun at all. People like that clown only have fun when they are running down others.

UH, how many state titles under Nanni? zero. How many under Corgel? One, and he had King Rice and company.

Springer does a great job and I have followed BHS basketball since the Corgel era. BHS isn't SATISFIED but they are PROUD. Don't be a fool.

Guest Guest
Hey that just wouldn't be any fun at all. People like that clown only have fun when they are running down others.

UH, how many state titles under Nanni? zero. How many under Corgel? One, and he had King Rice and company.

Springer does a great job and I have followed BHS basketball since the Corgel era. BHS isn't SATISFIED but they are PROUD. Don't be a fool.

You never answered th question. How many state playoffs games has BHS won since Dave Springer took over 10 yeaars ago?

Guest Guest

Binghamton won the state championship in 85 and 86 and not since. http://www.nysbasketball.net/NYSPHSAA/past...mpions-boys.htm

That means, according to my calculations, that Coach Nanni didn't win a single state championship either.

Coach Corgel won simply because he had an amazing high school player, King Rice.

No disrespect to either of these coaches, but it is what it is.

Anybody who doesn't know that doesn't know anything about local high school ball at all.

Since you think Springer is not a good coach, let me give you some more statistics since 1967:

BHS won the Section IV title in

70 (Central HS)95

77 (Central HS)

stacshowcase.com

Springer was head coach in 5 of those 14 years, so I'd say he has much to be proud of.

Credit where credit is due.

That will never happen on here.

Guest Guest
Binghamton won the state championship in 85 and 86 and not since. http://www.nysbasketball.net/NYSPHSAA/past...mpions-boys.htm

That means, according to my calculations, that Coach Nanni didn't win a single state championship either.

Coach Corgel won simply because he had an amazing high school player, King Rice.

Anybody who doesn't know that doesn't know anything about local high school ball at all.

Since you think Springer is not a good coach, let me give you some more statistics since 1967:

70 (Central HS)95

77 (Central HS)

stacshowcase.com

Springer was head coach in 5 of those 14 years, so I'd say he has much to be proud of.

Please answer the question. You are obviously quite good at research. How many state playoff (not section4) games has david springer won in his 10 years as coach?

I am curiuos.

Guest Krysezewski
Please answer the question. You are obviously quite good at research. How many state playoff (not section4) games has david springer won in his 10 years as coach?

I am curiuos.

Why don't you quote me some numbers on Tom Corgel in years when he didn't have King Rice. How many state playoff games did Tom Corgel win without King Rice?

As for Springer, he's a DELETED but he gets the job done. Give him some credit.

~+~

Guest Guest

70 (Central HS)95

77 (Central HS)

stacshowcase.com

Nanni was the coach from 1989 to 1999

Guest guest
Stop living in the past dude, your recollection is flawed and Nanni wasn't such a great coach.

Give these kids and Springer what they deserve which is our admiration, not criticism.

You state Nanni wasn't a good coach. Well here are his stats. 10 years varsity coach 6 STAC Championships (5 in a row in his last 5 years which nobody has done ever) , 4 Section IV Titles. He did it with different players every year. He didn't take any crap and one year even cut the top 3 players in Section IV and still went undefeated in the league. Nanni was never one to go after accolades and believe me he deserved them. I never played for a better coach than him. He was honest, fair and a great bench coach.

Guest guest
You state Nanni wasn't a good coach. Well here are his stats. 10 years varsity coach 6 STAC Championships (5 in a row in his last 5 years which nobody has done ever) , 4 Section IV Titles. He did it with different players every year. He didn't take any crap and one year even cut the top 3 players in Section IV and still went undefeated in the league. Nanni was never one to go after accolades and believe me he deserved them. I never played for a better coach than him. He was honest, fair and a great bench coach.
The only coach who has more STAC Championships than Nanni is Charlie Tarricone. Coach Tarricone had 7 and Nanni had 6. Coach Tarricone did it in 20 or so years and Nanni did it in 10. Don't tell me Nanni wasn't a good coach.

Guest Guest

Look it up yourself, you clown.

Yeah, BHS has some rough players...kids who come from incredibly difficult backgrounds who make serious mistakes.

However not 'mistakes' that involve violence, not that it makes what they did nothing, but there is a huge difference between b&e and rape for example.

How many BHS players have NEVER been in trouble? The HUGE majority.

Although I wouldn't say who and where and when, other schools in this area have players that "have been arrested in the last five or six years"

Yeah, and if you want to know who and what I am talking about, look that up yourself as well.

Guest guest
The only coach who has more STAC Championships than Nanni is Charlie Tarricone. Coach Tarricone had 7 and Nanni had 6. Coach Tarricone did it in 20 or so years and Nanni did it in 10. Don't tell me Nanni wasn't a good coach.
Nanni never got the credit he deserved. His winning percentage was one of the best ever. He won wherever he coached. Also, he was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots football team in their heyday. I don't think anybody realized how many championships he won in such a short period of time.

@

Guest Guest
since your looking up stats just curious as to how many players in the bhs program have been arrested in the last five or six years?

We're not talking about bashing students here jerk, find some other rock to climb under.

Guest Old School

The BHS players this year and last have a lot to be proud of. The only reason neither team was able to move on was the lack of defensive rebounding. In several important basketball categories the BHS boys were exceptionally competitive. You can't find fault with their outside shooting, team speed, team passing, or man up defense. Their achilles heel, when the enter the state tournament, has been their lack of size. The kids manning the post position for BHS have given their all, and have been an indispensable part of their success locally. Yet, a tough 6'5" all-state football player,and a skinny,quick, 6'3" power forward, and a 6'1" point guard have proven to be too small to rebound against taller, stronger opponents from downstate. The BHS coaching staff have done very well with the players they have, but until they can develop a player that exceeds 6'5" their fate will remain the same in the state tourney.

Guest guest
I guess you can't argue with credentials like that.

@

Guest Guest
The BHS players this year and last have a lot to be proud of. The only reason neither team was able to move on was the lack of defensive rebounding. In several important basketball categories the BHS boys were exceptionally competitive. You can't find fault with their outside shooting, team speed, team passing, or man up defense. Their achilles heel, when the enter the state tournament, has been their lack of size. The kids manning the post position for BHS have given their all, and have been an indispensable part of their success locally. Yet, a tough 6'5" all-state football player,and a skinny,quick, 6'3" power forward, and a 6'1" point guard have proven to be too small to rebound against taller, stronger opponents from downstate. The BHS coaching staff have done very well with the players they have, but until they can develop a player that exceeds 6'5" their fate will remain the same in the state tourney.
You are correct, but I think lack of depth is keeping bhs from competing for the state title. I've seen many teams who are out sized win games. it takes a combanation of quickness and the ability to jump to compete at a hiigher level I think bhs is to dependent on their starting five. If cartwright or grey went down with an injury this season bhs would not have faired so well. There are players at bhs that get overlooked for some reason and i think they could of added the depth bhs needs to win a state title.I don't care how conditioned a player is he will eventually wear down playing the whole game.

Nothing against the bench players for bhs but I think there are more players in that school that could make a differance.

@

Archived