JC Little League

Guest Fed Up Parent

Guest Guest
if a parent is a coach even if their kid is not that good they get on all stars teams, they don't get put in the outfield every inning, they play the whole game.

This is where I stopped reading, as it doesn't sound like you have much of an idea regarding the game of baseball itself. Mind telling us what is wrong with a child who gets to actually PLAY the game but doesnt play the position his mother/father wants him to play?

When I played little league we had a kid who was fed up with playing the outfield and it took him the whole season to talk his coach into letting him play a game as an infielder. 3 surgeries later he had partial vision in his eye, that was struck by a line drive. The kid didn't even put his glove up to try and protect himself. Some positions on the field take a little maturity.

Also, it looks like Johnson City made up 6 total all star teams this year? Must be a pretty good league if there are still kids being left off 1 of the 6 teams. 6 teams of 12 children would be like 72 kids playing all stars. How many teams are in the whole league?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
This is where I stopped reading, as it doesn't sound like you have much of an idea regarding the game of baseball itself. Mind telling us what is wrong with a child who gets to actually PLAY the game but doesnt play the position his mother/father wants him to play?

When I played little league we had a kid who was fed up with playing the outfield and it took him the whole season to talk his coach into letting him play a game as an infielder. 3 surgeries later he had partial vision in his eye, that was struck by a line drive. The kid didn't even put his glove up to try and protect himself. Some positions on the field take a little maturity.

Also, it looks like Johnson City made up 6 total all star teams this year? Must be a pretty good league if there are still kids being left off 1 of the 6 teams. 6 teams of 12 children would be like 72 kids playing all stars. How many teams are in the whole league?

I know alot about baseball and how it is played, I also know alot about fairness and letting each kid try all the positions before choosing where they are going for the whole season, I was referring to certain coaches who refuse to put their own child in the outfield even though it is apparent to everyone that they don't deserve to be on the infield their first year of little league also that same child magically gets in All Stars when there are better players. I was also referring to kids getting treated special in general. Basically what I was saying is give everyone the same equal chance and treat everyone the same.

BTW...There are 8 teams in the majors and 6 teams in the minors. There are 6 all star teams but there are only 11 players on each team not 12 with the exception of one team.

Guest Guest-jc parent-*
Alot! There is a player who swore at his coaches and the umps then walked off the field and said he quit, he only got suspendedfor one game. What kind of message is that sending not only this kid but the other players? If it was a player who did not play as well as this kid he would have been suspended for the rest of the season.

Not only did this kid only get just a game suspension, he made the Williamsport All Star team. There are 11 yr olds in the league that are much better players then some of the 12 yr olds that made that team, not to mention have better attitudes too. Absolutely disgusting. It doesn't matter how good of a player you are or how positive your attitude is, the bottom line is if your not on the board or have a parent coaching you don't stand a chance. I feel sorry for the boys in the league who care about baseball and want to do their best. If JC wants to be represented by this caliber of player then all I have to say is Good Luck JC!

Guest Guest
Not only did this kid only get just a game suspension, he made the Williamsport All Star team. There are 11 yr olds in the league that are much better players then some of the 12 yr olds that made that team, not to mention have better attitudes too. Absolutely disgusting. It doesn't matter how good of a player you are or how positive your attitude is, the bottom line is if your not on the board or have a parent coaching you don't stand a chance. I feel sorry for the boys in the league who care about baseball and want to do their best. If JC wants to be represented by this caliber of player then all I have to say is Good Luck JC!

I know it is insane! This kid is so cocky and such a jerk I can't stand him. He was suspended from school about a month ago for the rest of the school year but the board said they have nothing to do with school. I would love to know where this kids parents are, they are never at a game.

Guest big dog
I know alot about baseball and how it is played, I also know alot about fairness and letting each kid try all the positions before choosing where they are going for the whole season, I was referring to certain coaches who refuse to put their own child in the outfield even though it is apparent to everyone that they don't deserve to be on the infield their first year of little league also that same child magically gets in All Stars when there are better players. I was also referring to kids getting treated special in general. Basically what I was saying is give everyone the same equal chance and treat everyone the same.

BTW...There are 8 teams in the majors and 6 teams in the minors. There are 6 all star teams but there are only 11 players on each team not 12 with the exception of one team.

I coached for over 10 years in Little league and coached All stars for almost the same amount of time. My sons played infield mainly but in allstars he played mainly outfield for me. There were other players who were better at the position they played. Other than my oldest, they did not bat in the top 4 during most of the games and all players in all stars played about the same amount of time.

I felt that each player was an allstar and they deserved to play about the same amount of time. That does not mean they played equally every game but over the whole season in all stars they played the same. We are talking about little league, they are kids.

Guest Guest
I coached for over 10 years in Little league and coached All stars for almost the same amount of time. My sons played infield mainly but in allstars he played mainly outfield for me. There were other players who were better at the position they played. Other than my oldest, they did not bat in the top 4 during most of the games and all players in all stars played about the same amount of time.

I felt that each player was an allstar and they deserved to play about the same amount of time. That does not mean they played equally every game but over the whole season in all stars they played the same. We are talking about little league, they are kids.

I wish other coaches thought the same as you.

Guest Guest-JC parent-*
I know it is insane! This kid is so cocky and such a jerk I can't stand him. He was suspended from school about a month ago for the rest of the school year but the board said they have nothing to do with school. I would love to know where this kids parents are, they are never at a game.

His mother is there once in awhile. You can't blame the kid. He only does what the adults let him get away with. He continues to act that way because the league, coaches, and school officials allow him to. He has some mental health issues that apparently aren't being treated for correctly. It's just sad when you have boys that want to play and give 100% and then you have a clown like that. It just disgusting to sit and watch him play. Just wait until he blows in All Stars. I hope the Little League and it's board members are ready to accept that liability. It's pretty sad when their "ALL STAR " player likes to grab girls by their throats and put them up against the lockers. I wonder who his pyschiatrist is? Maybe I should tell his mother to get her money back. The Meds aren't working.

"

Anymore in LL you don't have to be an all star to be on an allstar teams, it's a way to get kids on field for more games and the tournaments generate money for the leagues.

Guest Guest
" Anymore in LL you don't have to be an all star to be on an allstar teams, it's a way to get kids on field for more games and the tournaments generate money for the leagues.

I think that's a great idea. Keeps them interested in baseball and getting more time to play.

Guest Guest

I would have to agree with the org. poster. All one has to do is look at the High School performance. I'm sure all the kids cut through the years and placed in the outfield all the the time are getting the last laugh. So if you can fix it now!!

Guest Guest-jc parent-*
I would have to agree with the org. poster. All one has to do is look at the High School performance. I'm sure all the kids cut through the years and placed in the outfield all the the time are getting the last laugh. So if you can fix it now!!

Little league is about developing skills (as it should be), All Stars is more competitive. Kids try out/make All star team and play to win. All Stars is not about learning the fundamentals of baseball. The kids can't learn how to be competitive in Little League due to so many different skill levels. Kids do need to learn and practice being competitive. It gives them a chance to practice good sportsmanship. My son had a bunch of clowns on his team and he could not always play to his potential because of the skill of his teammates. At times it became frustrating for him. Luckily he has All Stars to really show how he can play. You're only as good as your weakest player. In All Stars there shouldn't really be a weak player. That's why they call it ALL STARS!!!

Guest Guest
Little league is about developing skills (as it should be), All Stars is more competitive. Kids try out/make All star team and play to win. All Stars is not about learning the fundamentals of baseball. The kids can't learn how to be competitive in Little League due to so many different skill levels. Kids do need to learn and practice being competitive. It gives them a chance to practice good sportsmanship. My son had a bunch of clowns on his team and he could not always play to his potential because of the skill of his teammates. At times it became frustrating for him. Luckily he has All Stars to really show how he can play. You're only as good as your weakest player. In All Stars there shouldn't really be a weak player. That's why they call it ALL STARS!!!

The minors are about developing skills, little league is about competition. You do not have to try out for any All Star team, the coaches hand out a paper asking who ever is interested to fill it out and return it, then the coaches of the teams pick who they want, no try outs at all are needed, that is why there was a big fuss last year because there were kids getting overlooked for All Stars because coaches were playing favorites and there were kids on All Stars that had no business being there. There are however try outs for little league so if your son was on little league this year everyone should have been playing at the same skill level.

I know that I will not change anyone's mind about all-stars but I would like to add congratulations to Partners Insurance for a well played championship game win over Zopps, 5 to 4. There was many good hits as well as great defensive plays. Hopefully everyone enjoys their all-star experience in the next few weeks.

Guest Guest-jc parent-*
The minors are about developing skills, little league is about competition. You do not have to try out for any All Star team, the coaches hand out a paper asking who ever is interested to fill it out and return it, then the coaches of the teams pick who they want, no try outs at all are needed, that is why there was a big fuss last year because there were kids getting overlooked for All Stars because coaches were playing favorites and there were kids on All Stars that had no business being there. There are however try outs for little league so if your son was on little league this year everyone should have been playing at the same skill level.

OH Trust me I am well aware of the procedure for All Stars. The kids should try out for the teams and let the best players make it. That's what everyone else does. If the minors are about developing skills, then why did my son have so many CLOWNS on his team. We have kids playing little league that don't even know where the bases are. I am actually concerned for their safety. You put a 9, 10 , 11 or even a 12 yr old, that don't even know how to hold a bat, up to the plate against a pitcher that throws 60 MPH, well they are just bound to get hurt. I think it's great getting kids involved but I agree with you about keeping them within their own skill level.

Guest Guest
OH Trust me I am well aware of the procedure for All Stars. The kids should try out for the teams and let the best players make it. That's what everyone else does. If the minors are about developing skills, then why did my son have so many CLOWNS on his team. We have kids playing little league that don't even know where the bases are. I am actually concerned for their safety. You put a 9, 10 , 11 or even a 12 yr old, that don't even know how to hold a bat, up to the plate against a pitcher that throws 60 MPH, well they are just bound to get hurt. I think it's great getting kids involved but I agree with you about keeping them within their own skill level.

Well this year they moved kids from minors up to little league too soon because they didn't have enough kids signed up for little league. The reason being parents don't want to put up with the politics.

Guest Guest
I know that I will not change anyone's mind about all-stars but I would like to add congratulations to Partners Insurance for a well played championship game win over Zopps, 5 to 4. There was many good hits as well as great defensive plays. Hopefully everyone enjoys their all-star experience in the next few weeks.

That was a pretty close game, I gotta hand it to Zopps they kept Partners on their toes although Wegmanns did the other night too. Partners is a beatable team but you gotta stay on them and not let them get away with anything or they will make a come back.

Guest Guest

What little league games are you watching? I watched every team this year and they all knew what they were doing, yes of course some better than others but that would be coaching that is the problem not the kids playing. You shouldn't put down the kids they only know what the coach is teaching them.

Guest guest
What little league games are you watching? I watched every team this year and they all knew what they were doing, yes of course some better than others but that would be coaching that is the problem not the kids playing. You shouldn't put down the kids they only know what the coach is teaching them.

Apparently you didn't watch all of them. You can't blame the coach! He did the best he could with what he had. Some of the players probably should have been sent down to the minors to develop or should I say learn baseic skills like throw and catch. The problem is when you have 5 players on a team that don't even know how many outs you get an inning. It's all good. I'm sure they learned that by the end of the season, at least I'm hoping.

Guest guest
That was a pretty close game, I gotta hand it to Zopps they kept Partners on their toes although Wegmanns did the other night too. Partners is a beatable team but you gotta stay on them and not let them get away with anything or they will make a come back.

It was a great game played by both teams. Wegmans played great too. They just ran out of pitchers. They only had 9 players that night. 3 players were out due to injury and illness. If everyone was there I believe it would have been a different outcome. None the less, all teams played great and showed great sportsmanship.

Guest Guest
It was a great game played by both teams. Wegmans played great too. They just ran out of pitchers. They only had 9 players that night. 3 players were out due to injury and illness. If everyone was there I believe it would have been a different outcome. None the less, all teams played great and showed great sportsmanship.

Yeah some of the Wegmanns players were upset with one pitcher who told the team he had hurt himself but he was really out in Cooperstown playing in another game.

Guest Guest
Apparently you didn't watch all of them. You can't blame the coach! He did the best he could with what he had. Some of the players probably should have been sent down to the minors to develop or should I say learn baseic skills like throw and catch. The problem is when you have 5 players on a team that don't even know how many outs you get an inning. It's all good. I'm sure they learned that by the end of the season, at least I'm hoping.

That's were coaching comes in, he should have worked with them more and taught them. I still have no idea what team you are referring to because I didn't see any kids playing as bad as you are saying and yes I was there everyday.

Guest Guest

If you have such issue with how YOUR child has been overlooked, or mistreated, why hide on this website and post as a "guest" or under a screen name? Put your REAL name on it and approach the board with your concern! Posting on here under an alias shows the true level of your immaturity.

Guest Guest

ALL information in this post is completely incorrect. Again, your ignorance is blinding.

Guest Guest
His mother is there once in awhile. You can't blame the kid. He only does what the adults let him get away with. He continues to act that way because the league, coaches, and school officials allow him to. He has some mental health issues that apparently aren't being treated for correctly. It's just sad when you have boys that want to play and give 100% and then you have a clown like that. It just disgusting to sit and watch him play. Just wait until he blows in All Stars. I hope the Little League and it's board members are ready to accept that liability. It's pretty sad when their "ALL STAR " player likes to grab girls by their throats and put them up against the lockers. I wonder who his pyschiatrist is? Maybe I should tell his mother to get her money back. The Meds aren't working.

You're the one that's disgusting. Dragging a 12 year old kids life through the mud like that. YOU should be the one that's ashamed. Get a life and grow up. He's a 12 year old kid for God sake. The only pitiful thing about this entire thread is that ADULTS are choosing to behave this way. The 12 year old is actually the most mature one of you all.

Having been at this kids games this season, it's VERY obvious who these posts are coming from.

Guest Guest

Complete ignorance - the entire Little League season is a tryout for All-Stars, no matter what age level. Idiot.

Archived