JC Little League

Guest Fed Up Parent

Guest Guest
OH Trust me I am well aware of the procedure for All Stars. The kids should try out for the teams and let the best players make it. That's what everyone else does. If the minors are about developing skills, then why did my son have so many CLOWNS on his team. We have kids playing little league that don't even know where the bases are. I am actually concerned for their safety. You put a 9, 10 , 11 or even a 12 yr old, that don't even know how to hold a bat, up to the plate against a pitcher that throws 60 MPH, well they are just bound to get hurt. I think it's great getting kids involved but I agree with you about keeping them within their own skill level.

Lacrosse sounds like the better sport for your child. Obviously, baseball isn't the sport for them. You're afraid they might learn something about being competitive and developing his/her ability to be a team player. You seem to be more concerned about his/her social well-being and his/her ability to develop friendships. Baseball is a sport. Little League is competitive. The best players are playing All-Stars. Truth is your child obviously isn't All-Star calibur.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Well this year they moved kids from minors up to little league too soon because they didn't have enough kids signed up for little league. The reason being parents don't want to put up with the politics.

That information is completely incorrect.

Guest Guest
You're the one that's disgusting. Dragging a 12 year old kids life through the mud like that. YOU should be the one that's ashamed. Get a life and grow up. He's a 12 year old kid for God sake. The only pitiful thing about this entire thread is that ADULTS are choosing to behave this way. The 12 year old is actually the most mature one of you all.

Having been at this kids games this season, it's VERY obvious who these posts are coming from.

He has done a good enough job dragging his own life through the mud. The kid is a cocky trouble maker. When his team is practicing he is walking around the field cocky talking to friends. When the coach tells him to do something he has an attitude. When something does not go his way he throws a tantrum. He trys to itimidate other players. He swears at coaches and other officials and gets away with it. He gets suspended from school on a weekly basis. This kid is very far from mature and I'm not the only parent who is fed up with him and his antics. The only reason why the coaches put up with him is because all they care about is winning at any cost and not teaching this kid some hard lessons in life. No worries he will be in prison before the age of 18 guaranteed, he has already been suspended from school for putting his hands on a girl!

Guest Guest
If you have such issue with how YOUR child has been overlooked, or mistreated, why hide on this website and post as a "guest" or under a screen name? Put your REAL name on it and approach the board with your concern! Posting on here under an alias shows the true level of your immaturity.

After reading all of your posts and seeing that you THINK you know what you are talking about here why don't you post your REAL name so we can see how creditable you are.

Guest Guest
ALL information in this post is completely incorrect. Again, your ignorance is blinding.

Actually everything I have stated is 100% true and I know it for a fact and will stand behind everything I have posted. Thanks though for your idiotic inputs.

Guest Guest
Lacrosse sounds like the better sport for your child. Obviously, baseball isn't the sport for them. You're afraid they might learn something about being competitive and developing his/her ability to be a team player. You seem to be more concerned about his/her social well-being and his/her ability to develop friendships. Baseball is a sport. Little League is competitive. The best players are playing All-Stars. Truth is your child obviously isn't All-Star calibur.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thanks I needed that. A little humor always brightens my day.

Guest Guest
Actually everything I have stated is 100% true and I know it for a fact and will stand behind everything I have posted. Thanks though for your idiotic inputs.

You're information is true. It doesn't make much of a difference though. It is what it is!

Guest Guest-jc parent-*
He has done a good enough job dragging his own life through the mud. The kid is a cocky trouble maker. When his team is practicing he is walking around the field cocky talking to friends. When the coach tells him to do something he has an attitude. When something does not go his way he throws a tantrum. He trys to itimidate other players. He swears at coaches and other officials and gets away with it. He gets suspended from school on a weekly basis. This kid is very far from mature and I'm not the only parent who is fed up with him and his antics. The only reason why the coaches put up with him is because all they care about is winning at any cost and not teaching this kid some hard lessons in life. No worries he will be in prison before the age of 18 guaranteed, he has already been suspended from school for putting his hands on a girl!

Well that pretty much sums it up. You can't really blame the child though. He continues to act this way because he is allowed to. I know the school district, coaches, and the board have tolerated far too much from this child. You can't blame him for that. Kids do whatever they get away with. Why would he want to change????????????? It works for him! He has some nice qualities, but unfortunately the other ones are so bad, they get overlooked. I hope someday he will see the light because he really could be one hell of a baseball player.

Guest Guest-jc parent-*

He played Lacrosse. Was good at that too. He just loves baseball so it brought us back to LL. I agree the best players are playing All Stars. What I don't agree with is the teams they are on. There are some children that made the A's that aren't necessarily A players. Some kids are on the C team that are more like B players. If they wanted to Williamsport team to go as far as they could, I think they would have selected the best players. That's my only gripe. I think it will be a hell of an All Star summer, and ALL teams should do well.

Guest Guest
He played Lacrosse. Was good at that too. He just loves baseball so it brought us back to LL. I agree the best players are playing All Stars. What I don't agree with is the teams they are on. There are some children that made the A's that aren't necessarily A players. Some kids are on the C team that are more like B players. If they wanted to Williamsport team to go as far as they could, I think they would have selected the best players. That's my only gripe. I think it will be a hell of an All Star summer, and ALL teams should do well.

Some kids got put on B's and C's because of vacation schedules and some parents did not want to travel as far as others, that is why some kids who deserve to be on A's are on B's and C's and some kids who should be on B's or C's are on A's but all and all I think mostly all the right kids are on the right teams except a few who should not be on All Stars at all but their parent is coaching.

Guest Guest

Congratulations to Partners for a great season and great Coaching.

A lot of the gripes from parents on this forum are very much true. Unfortunately all coaches don’t coach the same way. It’s ok that a kid in LL doesn’t understand all the rules or even how to throw a ball, that’s what LL is there for, teach the kids what to do. What I think the main issue that parents have is when they see a kid throw a bat, helmet, glove, swear at a coach, swear at their team mates, or yell at their team mates for making an error and the coaches don’t say a word to them. I understand that kids are going to have issues with attitudes (I coach myself), that’s where the coaches need to step in to let them know it’s not ok to act like that and their butt should be on the bench, that’s how you learn. But instead, these parents see the kids representing JC on a All-Star team. It’s just wrong to let these kids do what ever they want and then re-ward them for it. These are the kids that walk off the field and quit when they reach school ball because they can’t handle being coached or they are use to doing whatever they want, it happens almost every year in every sport. Two boys walked off the JC Modified Team this year, I believe both reason were because they weren’t playing enough. LL needs to really focus on “Team Players” and having the right attitude. I would like to see a player say F-You to one of the Partner’s coaches, I would bet no matter who the child is, he or she would not be playing, let alone be put on a All-Star team. I'm old enough to know that life isn't fair, people or kids are always in positions they don't desirve or didn't earn, that's life. I'm thinking about the kids that are looking at the All-Star teams and seeing kids that swear at coaches and consistently have bad attitudes, how do you think these kids see it.

Once again, great season Partners. It’s nice to see coaches coach a whole team, not just the oldest or biggest kids. That’s the way teams win and each child is successful.

Guest Guest
Some kids got put on B's and C's because of vacation schedules and some parents did not want to travel as far as others, that is why some kids who deserve to be on A's are on B's and C's and some kids who should be on B's or C's are on A's but all and all I think mostly all the right kids are on the right teams except a few who should not be on All Stars at all but their parent is coaching.

I respect your opinion, and you are partially right. However, there are a couple of kids that should be on the Williamsport team. They have no vacation plans nor do they have any parent on the board or on the coaching staff. I just think some boys are going to be in a rude awakening when they hit school ball and get cut!! It happened this year in modified. It's not fair to the kids to make them think they are better than what they are and then have their hearts broken when they get cut from the school teams. Not only does that happen in baseball, but it happened in basketball as well.

Guest Guest-jc parent-*
Congratulations to Partners for a great season and great Coaching.

A lot of the gripes from parents on this forum are very much true. Unfortunately all coaches don’t coach the same way. It’s ok that a kid in LL doesn’t understand all the rules or even how to throw a ball, that’s what LL is there for, teach the kids what to do. What I think the main issue that parents have is when they see a kid throw a bat, helmet, glove, swear at a coach, swear at their team mates, or yell at their team mates for making an error and the coaches don’t say a word to them. I understand that kids are going to have issues with attitudes (I coach myself), that’s where the coaches need to step in to let them know it’s not ok to act like that and their butt should be on the bench, that’s how you learn. But instead, these parents see the kids representing JC on a All-Star team. It’s just wrong to let these kids do what ever they want and then re-ward them for it. These are the kids that walk off the field and quit when they reach school ball because they can’t handle being coached or they are use to doing whatever they want, it happens almost every year in every sport. Two boys walked off the JC Modified Team this year, I believe both reason were because they weren’t playing enough. LL needs to really focus on “Team Players” and having the right attitude. I would like to see a player say F-You to one of the Partner’s coaches, I would bet no matter who the child is, he or she would not be playing, let alone be put on a All-Star team. I'm old enough to know that life isn't fair, people or kids are always in positions they don't desirve or didn't earn, that's life. I'm thinking about the kids that are looking at the All-Star teams and seeing kids that swear at coaches and consistently have bad attitudes, how do you think these kids see it.

Once again, great season Partners. It’s nice to see coaches coach a whole team, not just the oldest or biggest kids. That’s the way teams win and each child is successful.

Very well put and I agree Pat Garey would not tolerate that kind of behavior. He is a great coach when it comes to sportsmanship. There are several good coaches in the league and alot of teams had a good season.

Guest Guest
Very well put and I agree Pat Garey would not tolerate that kind of behavior. He is a great coach when it comes to sportsmanship. There are several good coaches in the league and alot of teams had a good season.

Although Pat is on the board and had a say whether this child would keep playing or be suspended for the season and he choose for the player to keep playing he also is allowing for this player to be on All Stars.

Guest Guest

Except when his team is loosing and he is fighting with umps.

Guest Guest
Although Pat is on the board and had a say whether this child would keep playing or be suspended for the season and he choose for the player to keep playing he also is allowing for this player to be on All Stars.

Actually the way I understand it, the board was going to meet on the situation. The Coach of the team decided to deal with the situation which resulted in a 1 game suspension. The problem is, they have an operations manuel and it specifically talks about conduct on the field and during practices. Given previous episodes with this child, they didn't follow the disciplinary procedures they have in writing. It certainly doesn't set a good example for the rest of the kids in the league. I would rather have kids on my sons team with a positive attitude and less ability, then to deal with that kind of behavior. Oh well water under the bridge. Hopefully there are no more episodes like that.

Guest Guest
Actually the way I understand it, the board was going to meet on the situation. The Coach of the team decided to deal with the situation which resulted in a 1 game suspension. The problem is, they have an operations manuel and it specifically talks about conduct on the field and during practices. Given previous episodes with this child, they didn't follow the disciplinary procedures they have in writing. It certainly doesn't set a good example for the rest of the kids in the league. I would rather have kids on my sons team with a positive attitude and less ability, then to deal with that kind of behavior. Oh well water under the bridge. Hopefully there are no more episodes like that.

But if it was a child who did not play as well as this kid then he would have been suspended for the rest of the season. The coaches knew he was needed if they were going to have a chance at the playoffs. Worse is that he is on the Williamsport All Star team, the league is not sending a good message to any of the kids or their parents by allowing this to continue.

Guest Guest
His mother is there once in awhile. You can't blame the kid. He only does what the adults let him get away with. He continues to act that way because the league, coaches, and school officials allow him to. He has some mental health issues that apparently aren't being treated for correctly. It's just sad when you have boys that want to play and give 100% and then you have a clown like that. It just disgusting to sit and watch him play. Just wait until he blows in All Stars. I hope the Little League and it's board members are ready to accept that liability. It's pretty sad when their "ALL STAR " player likes to grab girls by their throats and put them up against the lockers. I wonder who his pyschiatrist is? Maybe I should tell his mother to get her money back. The Meds aren't working.

Guest Guest

question: why are you IDIOTS talking crap about a twelve year old LITTLE LEAGUER that has a mental disability?

just wondering.

Guest Guest
question: why are you IDIOTS talking crap about a twelve year old LITTLE LEAGUER that has a mental disability?

just wondering.

Oh so having a "mental disability" gives you the right to swear at coaches, choke girls, get suspended from school and just act anyway you want without any consequences for your actions?

Guest Guest
Oh so having a "mental disability" gives you the right to swear at coaches, choke girls, get suspended from school and just act anyway you want without any consequences for your actions?

Yes it sure does.

Guest Guest
Yes it sure does.

Lets see you say that when he seriously injuries someone in your family with his do whatever he wants to do attitude.

Guest guest
Yes it sure does.

Maybe you should research the mental health diagnosis (bipolar) before you post things. People with bipolar don't just flip out when they are told no or don't get something they want. That is called Oppositional defiant Disorder (ODD) and that is a BEHAVIORAL issue! The only treatment for that is STRUCTURE! Therefore, when a child swears or is being oppositional, that behavior CAN be REINFORCED based on the adults response. To break it down further for you. Not holding a child accountable is actually causing that child to continue the behaviors. Once again, you can't blame the kid, it works for him. He is able to meet his needs, by acting that way. Unfortunately, the older he gets, the more severe it becomes. Our communtiy/country/system does not do a good job dealing with these issues. Everyone is so quick to put a label on kids/adults and then use it as an excuse, when in actuality just about every mental health diagnosis is treatable. People quickly change their views when a person FLIPS OUT on one of their loved ones are a victim of their violence. Look at all your mass murders and serial rapists. All the signs were there, people just ignore them, until it's too late.

Archived