JC Little League

Guest Fed Up Parent

Guest Guest
Maybe you should research the mental health diagnosis (bipolar) before you post things. People with bipolar don't just flip out when they are told no or don't get something they want. That is called Oppositional defiant Disorder (ODD) and that is a BEHAVIORAL issue! The only treatment for that is STRUCTURE! Therefore, when a child swears or is being oppositional, that behavior CAN be REINFORCED based on the adults response. To break it down further for you. Not holding a child accountable is actually causing that child to continue the behaviors. Once again, you can't blame the kid, it works for him. He is able to meet his needs, by acting that way. Unfortunately, the older he gets, the more severe it becomes. Our communtiy/country/system does not do a good job dealing with these issues. Everyone is so quick to put a label on kids/adults and then use it as an excuse, when in actuality just about every mental health diagnosis is treatable. People quickly change their views when a person FLIPS OUT on one of their loved ones are a victim of their violence. Look at all your mass murders and serial rapists. All the signs were there, people just ignore them, until it's too late.

Great post, thank you.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Maybe you should research the mental health diagnosis (bipolar) before you post things. People with bipolar don't just flip out when they are told no or don't get something they want. That is called Oppositional defiant Disorder (ODD) and that is a BEHAVIORAL issue! The only treatment for that is STRUCTURE! Therefore, when a child swears or is being oppositional, that behavior CAN be REINFORCED based on the adults response. To break it down further for you. Not holding a child accountable is actually causing that child to continue the behaviors. Once again, you can't blame the kid, it works for him. He is able to meet his needs, by acting that way. Unfortunately, the older he gets, the more severe it becomes. Our communtiy/country/system does not do a good job dealing with these issues. Everyone is so quick to put a label on kids/adults and then use it as an excuse, when in actuality just about every mental health diagnosis is treatable. People quickly change their views when a person FLIPS OUT on one of their loved ones are a victim of their violence. Look at all your mass murders and serial rapists. All the signs were there, people just ignore them, until it's too late.

EXACTLY. STOP ENABLING THESE KIDS AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE IN LIFE.

I've worked with kids that have sever ADHA, Bipolar, ADD and other mental disorders. With structure, they were able to successfully be a part of sports teams (and most important, they continue in school). This is after the parents had given up on them and let them do whatever they wanted, basically run wild. Structure and consistent discipline for unfavorable actions will change the unfavorable action, it's called Behavior Modification. If this does not work, the child should be placed in a Residential Treatment Facility for their safety and the safety of others. It's really that simple.

Guest Guest
Oh so having a "mental disability" gives you the right to swear at coaches, choke girls, get suspended from school and just act anyway you want without any consequences for your actions?

Sure does. Times 2

Guest guest
EXACTLY. STOP ENABLING THESE KIDS AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE IN LIFE.

I've worked with kids that have sever ADHA, Bipolar, ADD and other mental disorders. With structure, they were able to successfully be a part of sports teams (and most important, they continue in school). This is after the parents had given up on them and let them do whatever they wanted, basically run wild. Structure and consistent discipline for unfavorable actions will change the unfavorable action, it's called Behavior Modification. If this does not work, the child should be placed in a Residential Treatment Facility for their safety and the safety of others. It's really that simple.

That was kind of my point. I'm not saying to give up on any child. It is crucial to change the behaviors at their age, if not they becomes far worse when they are adults. I have been working with these types of kids for years. I have seen thousands of success stories with kids that are ADHD, Bipolar, and personality disorders. The problem is those kids that have ODD and Conduct disorder. Medication does not teat that (check out the DSMV-4). They need to be held accountable for their actions. A game suspension for the behavior in question is just not enough (given previous behaviors) And then lets reward the kid by putting him on the WIlliamsport team. NOW THAT WILL CERTAINLY SEND HIM A GREAT MESSAGE! By the way those kids are being sent to Residential Treatment Centers (RTC) not RTF's. Then again with his given behavior in school he will probably end up in secure detention.

Guest Guest
Grow up = bashing kids with mental disorders. Try it on yourself.

Guest Guest

We are saying he should be treated like any other kid that does what he has done. He should have been suspended from little league for the rest of the season for his actions not just one game. Treating him any differental then the other kids enables him to keep acting up.

BTW I think it is more behavorial disorders then mental.

Guest Guest-JC Parent-*

Mental or behavorial problems or not if he ever put his hands on my child the police would be called immediately and full charges would be pressed not just a couple days suspended from school.

Guest guest

I actually have a problem with the people that are or should I say NOT dealing with this child (or any other child that acts that way). There are many people in this world who have mental health disorders and they function just fine. Kids and adults should be held accountable for their actions, especially when they are serious.

Guest Guest
I actually have a problem with the people that are or should I say NOT dealing with this child (or any other child that acts that way). There are many people in this world who have mental health disorders and they function just fine. Kids and adults should be held accountable for their actions, especially when they are serious.

The kid didn't do anything wrong, he didn't kill anyone. You people are taking this way too serious.

Guest guest
The kid didn't do anything wrong, he didn't kill anyone. You people are taking this way too serious.

He grabbed a girl by the throat and threw her up against a locker. If you don't think that is seroius, then maybe you need the medication.

Guest Guest

Oh so we should all just sit back and let him do whatever and wait for him to kill someone before we take it serious...yeah okay :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Most stupid comment of the day award goes to you

Guest Guest
Johnson City Little League, what a joke!! And they wonder why player sign ups are so low. Wake up guys it is because of cheating, favoritism and bad coaching!!! Parents are fed up!

You think JC is bad, try Town of Binghamton then you will see favortism and cheating at its finest level. It was absurd what they did to these kids this year.

Guest Guest
He grabbed a girl by the throat and threw her up against a locker. If you don't think that is seroius, then maybe you need the medication.

Blown out of proportion. He grabbed her on the arm only after she stole his math book.

Guest Guest

Agreed. No harm done. The kid is a good student, people should lay off.

Guest Guest

Good student? He gets suspended from school on a monthly basis.

Guest Guest

He is no different than any other kid. He has been suspended one time, lets stop it people, it is getting embarrassing.

Guest Guest
He is no different than any other kid. He has been suspended one time, lets stop it people, it is getting embarrassing.

One time? Okay I know for a fact of atleast three times this year. What is getting embarrassing is you sticking up for a kid that is in some serious need of help before he goes too far. He has already gotten suspended from school for first putting his hands on a girl and second putting his hands on a teacher, then he comes to baseball and swears at coaches and quits. He is way different then most kids because he thinks he can get away with anything and by the looks of it he can, its ridiculous and appalling.

Guest Guest
Well that pretty much sums it up. You can't really blame the child though. He continues to act this way because he is allowed to. I know the school district, coaches, and the board have tolerated far too much from this child. You can't blame him for that. Kids do whatever they get away with. Why would he want to change????????????? It works for him! He has some nice qualities, but unfortunately the other ones are so bad, they get overlooked. I hope someday he will see the light because he really could be one hell of a baseball player.

Obviously if he is "getting away" with it as you say, then it can't be that bad.

Guest Guest
Mental or behavorial problems or not if he ever put his hands on my child the police would be called immediately and full charges would be pressed not just a couple days suspended from school.

Tell your kid to grow a set. You might as well grow some yourself.

Guest Guest
Obviously if he is "getting away" with it as you say, then it can't be that bad.

So how does it feel to be the only person on this board defending this brat? You keep coming on here with more and more ignorant posts defending this kids actions, you can't be his parents because we already know they don't give a damn about him.

Archived