Nice reporting: Toddler ESCAPED!

Guest Bart

A young boy escaped from a Watson Boulevard home early this morning and was wandering the Endwell area before being found and reunited with his family, state police at Endwell said.

Dressed in pajamas and clutching a stuffed dinosaur, the 2- or 3-year-old boy was discovered by Jack Ostrander of Endicott while walking on Watson Boulevard near Groveland Avenue, state police said.

The child had been staying at his aunt’s residence when he opened a childproof getting, letting himself out of his bedroom, police said. The boy then opened the dead bolt on the exterior door and left the home.

State police conducted a door-to-door search that woke the aunt and reunited her with her nephew.

This is the latest update on PressConnects. The toddler ESCAPED. Escaped? So, the child was being held captive? Then, shouldn't we celebrate this?

And another question. What is a "childproof getting?"

(Incidentally, is it really childproof? Apparently, no.)

Thank god that he is safe, :D I think they need to rething the word childproof , Maybe preventative would be better then there is small doubt that a child can escape,

Years ago, my girlfriends 3 sisters were all "stay at home single Moms", which, for them, meant they were unemployed and on welfare. The lot of them were fat losers. Their kids were innocent, yet filthy most of the time.

One day my gf calls me and tells me someone found her sister's 2 year old daughter naked in the middle of a busy street in the middle of the morning. The little girl's mother was passed out drunk on the couch. It was almost a miracle the little girl wasn't killed.

This sounds similar to my story.

Thank god that he is safe, :D I think they need to rething the word childproof , Maybe preventative would be better then there is small doubt that a child can escape,

When our son was 3 yrs old he was spiderman and would climb walls and yes he escaped from our home one time. I had to have this child sleep next to me, we moved his bed into our room and had to sleeping right next to Mom & Dad and we would hear him when he would wake. This was before Baby moniter and stuff like that. You have to do what ever it takes to make kids safe.

A 2/3 year old toddler undoes some type of childproof something AND unlocks a deadbolt? Come on, how stupid does Auntie think we are. Maybe the police bought her sad excuse but the rest of us with kids know that most 2/3 year olds can't even reach the deadbolt let alone undo it. They can barely turn the door knobs.

A 2/3 year old toddler undoes some type of childproof something AND unlocks a deadbolt? Come on, how stupid does Auntie think we are. Maybe the police bought her sad excuse but the rest of us with kids know that most 2/3 year olds can't even reach the deadbolt let alone undo it. They can barely turn the door knobs.

My kids at 2 could unlock doors they pulled chairs over and climbed up and open doors. My kids were smart thy knew how to escape... Me on the other hand....

I agree with the previous post. Some of you underestimate the intelligence of 2/3 years olds. My son is 2. He can and HAS dragged his small tykes chair over to the wall to reach the thermostat! He can open our exterior door because he CAN reach the deadbolt and CAN turn it. He also knows exactly WHICH key goes into the lock to unlock the house. Their powers of observation are very keen and we have to stay on top of his every move because he is so into watching every little detail!

Archived