Vestal soccer club coaches

Guest soccerdad

Guest soccerdad

:angry:

What is up with the Vestal soccer club coaches? First you have John Edwards refusing to allow girls to play on other teams. This guy knows racket ball or Jamacan Bobsled but not soccer. He obviously cares more about his team than the players. What has or will this team do? Region 1? WAPS? USPL? State Cup? NOT! Get over yourself John! It is not about you it is about the girls.

Second you have Jim Antonakus firing coaches. What the heck is this? The man fires volunteers because they allowed their players to get Fusion training.

Things are not good in the Vestal club. The cost to play (train) there is more than Fusion. $75 compared to $55. Incredible!

Guest guest-soccerman

What is up with the Vestal soccer club coaches? First you have John Edwards refusing to allow girls to play on other teams. This guy knows racket ball or Jamacan Bobsled but not soccer. He obviously cares more about his team than the players. What has or will this team do? Region 1? WAPS? USPL? State Cup? NOT! Get over yourself John! It is not about you it is about the girls.

Second you have Jim Antonakus firing coaches. What the heck is this? The man fires volunteers because they allowed their players to get Fusion training.

Things are not good in the Vestal club. The cost to play (train) there is more than Fusion. $75 compared to $55. Incredible!

It's a shame. The Vestal soccer club fights for players because the REALLY good talent plays with Fusion in Binghamton. The coaches for BC Fusion are mostly licensed as well. You also play MUCH better competition instead of playing in the lowly Broome County League. The best two clubs within an hour radius are BC United and Soaring Capital hands down...

Hey it seems that Fusion has brought out the worst in many people. If coaches weren't so fearful of Fusion trying to take players and destroying the other clubs this never would have happened. Once upon a time we had 10-15 solid club teams in every age group, lots of involved parents (many of whom went on to become good coaches) making the areas soccer talent grow. Now we've got two money making college coaches and a soccer community that is in shambles. I heard that the soccer dome had to close 2 leagues in second session because they had such low team numbers. nd the Fusion has also cut back training time (not that Marco or Leightman every make it to many training sessions).

Hey it seems that Fusion has brought out the worst in many people. If coaches weren't so fearful of Fusion trying to take players and destroying the other clubs this never would have happened. Once upon a time we had 10-15 solid club teams in every age group, lots of involved parents (many of whom went on to become good coaches) making the areas soccer talent grow. Now we've got two money making college coaches and a soccer community that is in shambles. I heard that the soccer dome had to close 2 leagues in second session because they had such low team numbers. nd the Fusion has also cut back training time (not that Marco or Leightman every make it to many training sessions).

Paul makes it to most training sessions. So don't talk crap. In case you mised it IBM and some other big companies don't reside here anymore. Thus less kids playing club soccer as the population dwindles. Also 10 yrs ago there wasn't travel vollyball, travel lax and others. So don't put the problem with soccer in the area on Fusion. Fusion doesn't steal kids from clubs, it gives them a chance to play with other good players and against good teams. Many of those players play with club teams too...so stop talking when you have no idea what you are talking about!!! The issue with teams playing at the Dome has everything to do with the Dome, nothing more or less.

Guest soccerman

Fusion is actually doing soccer a big favor in the area. Instead of the GOOD players having to play with kids NOT on their talent level, Fusion allows kids to take the better players and place them with kids who can push them to excel in the sport. Not to mention that Fusion provides those kids with BETTER coaching then smaller clubs like Vestal.

Vestal WON States this year for Class AA. Count how many Fusion players are on that team and them count how many Vestal Extreme players are on that team. You'll see that the numbers are lopsided in Fusion's favor.

Fusion is actually doing soccer a big favor in the area. Instead of the GOOD players having to play with kids NOT on their talent level, Fusion allows kids to take the better players and place them with kids who can push them to excel in the sport. Not to mention that Fusion provides those kids with BETTER coaching then smaller clubs like Vestal.

Vestal WON States this year for Class AA. Count how many Fusion players are on that team and them count how many Vestal Extreme players are on that team. You'll see that the numbers are lopsided in Fusion's favor.

they had 7 fusion players. and at least 5 more that used to play fusion

they had 7 fusion players. and at least 5 more that used to play fusion

But the major point should be that virtually ALL of these kids learned to play soccer and got to the point where Fusion wanted them by playing for their local Club team.

Guest soccerman
But the major point should be that virtually ALL of these kids learned to play soccer and got to the point where Fusion wanted them by playing for their local Club team.

WRONG...yes, they USED to play for their club team, but it's obvious that their skills have been advanced after playing for a premier club. Funny, I don't recall Vetal extreme or other minor league clubs making it to state cup.

Guest soccer guest
Fusion in general is a joke compared to Premier clubs in other parts of the state.

That is a pretty wide generalization and I'd respectfully ask you to share with us what you are basing your opinion on. Is this NYS West or is this including NYS East as well. Boys or Girls .. specific ages? I'm sure you have the answers and before I subject my kid to any horrible influences with the Fusion I'd like to hear them. I have had enough of Vestal Soccer, it seems like an extended rec season, and the Board dictates club wide policy based on what works out best for their particular child. I do not have a lot of faith in Vestal at this point, especially from what has been circulating.

I think this area needs to combine some clubs, identifying three levels recreation, travel, and premier. But then again, I'm in favor of combining school districts and municipalities, so that makes me a crazy person.

That is a pretty wide generalization and I'd respectfully ask you to share with us what you are basing your opinion on. Is this NYS West or is this including NYS East as well. Boys or Girls .. specific ages? I'm sure you have the answers and before I subject my kid to any horrible influences with the Fusion I'd like to hear them. I have had enough of Vestal Soccer, it seems like an extended rec season, and the Board dictates club wide policy based on what works out best for their particular child. I do not have a lot of faith in Vestal at this point, especially from what has been circulating.

I think this area needs to combine some clubs, identifying three levels recreation, travel, and premier. But then again, I'm in favor of combining school districts and municipalities, so that makes me a crazy person.

If the debate is between Vestal Extreme and BC Fusion, BC Fusion would be the CLEAR cut winner. Vestal is considered "club", while BC Fusion is considered Premier. BC has MUCH better coaching and play a MUCH higher level of competition. However, it's obviously going to be more expensive than Vestal Club soccer is. However, the best buy for your buck has to be Soaring Capital. It's only $125 to play for a season and their "A" teams are all premier.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Fusion in general is a joke compared to Premier clubs in other parts of the state.

just for the record, NYSWYSA does not recognize any "premiere" soccer club in NYS to be truly "premiere". Words right out of Glen Buckley's mouth.

Guest Guest
just for the record, NYSWYSA does not recognize any "premiere" soccer club in NYS to be truly "premiere". Words right out of Glen Buckley's mouth.

It's good to know there's such an expert at NYSWYSA as Glen Buckley - maybe he should come down and build a premiere program if he is such an authority!

Guest Guest Peeshaw

this load of muck is a fable spoken by someone who doesnt like Buckley, or who Buckley doesnt like, or whos kid Buckley cut from ODP. I guarantee Buckley never said that. IF he did, prove it. Show me the source and the written words and Ill apologize

Guest Guest
It's good to know there's such an expert at NYSWYSA as Glen Buckley - maybe he should come down and build a premiere program if he is such an authority!

maybe you should invite him, I bet he would welcome the challenge. Some of us forget, soccer is just a kids game, game meaning, the sun will rise tomorrow, no matter the outcome of a match. There is not one player in the Southern Tier that has the potential to play professional ball. By the way, does anyone know what a professional soccer player makes in the USA? I do, and let me tell you this... your player should go to college and get an education, that is the only way they will feed themselves.... Soccer will NEVER have the same impact on the US as pro football, it is strictly for fun... if it is no longer fun, perhaps your player should stop playing.

Guest Guest
this load of muck is a fable spoken by someone who doesnt like Buckley, or who Buckley doesnt like, or whos kid Buckley cut from ODP. I guarantee Buckley never said that. IF he did, prove it. Show me the source and the written words and Ill apologize

Glen Buckley said exactly those words. I do not have anything against Glen, and as far as I know, he has no reason to dislike me. As far as ODP goes, my child has been invited to participate in the program. I am not a naysayer, and this is not muck, the man said those exact words, ask him yourself.

Guest Guest
maybe you should invite him, I bet he would welcome the challenge. Some of us forget, soccer is just a kids game, game meaning, the sun will rise tomorrow, no matter the outcome of a match. There is not one player in the Southern Tier that has the potential to play professional ball. By the way, does anyone know what a professional soccer player makes in the USA? I do, and let me tell you this... your player should go to college and get an education, that is the only way they will feed themselves.... Soccer will NEVER have the same impact on the US as pro football, it is strictly for fun... if it is no longer fun, perhaps your player should stop playing.

I agree, setting a goal to play college soccer while getting an education makes much more sense than trying to make it professionally. I do think, hoewever, that there have been a few local players that have played pro briefly.

That aside, how does one know if a club is premiere or not? Are there certain criteria, some type of benchmark? That's why I want to know what Buckley considers premiere. Would he know any better than BU coaches that have experience running soccer programs? Or others around the state?

Guest Guest
I agree, setting a goal to play college soccer while getting an education makes much more sense than trying to make it professionally. I do think, hoewever, that there have been a few local players that have played pro briefly.

That aside, how does one know if a club is premiere or not? Are there certain criteria, some type of benchmark? That's why I want to know what Buckley considers premiere. Would he know any better than BU coaches that have experience running soccer programs? Or others around the state?

Glen Buckley is the state director of coaching, I would think he would make it his business to know if any of our NYS teams qualify as premiere or not. If he doesn't qualify as someone who would know, then who? Marco? I don't think so.

Guest Guest
Glen Buckley is the state director of coaching, I would think he would make it his business to know if any of our NYS teams qualify as premiere or not. If he doesn't qualify as someone who would know, then who? Marco? I don't think so.

How long has Buckley been Director? Not long, I hope, since he's the Director and thinks there are no true premiere teams in New York!

Guest Guest Peeshaw
Glen Buckley said exactly those words. I do not have anything against Glen, and as far as I know, he has no reason to dislike me. As far as ODP goes, my child has been invited to participate in the program. I am not a naysayer, and this is not muck, the man said those exact words, ask him yourself.

I know him personally and I will.

Guest Guest
I know him personally and I will.

Fabulous, let us know what he says. He's a stand up guy, I am sure he will not deny the statement, perhaps he will even enlighten us on the subject.

Guest Guest
How long has Buckley been Director? Not long, I hope, since he's the Director and thinks there are no true premiere teams in New York!

He has been director for around 8 years

Archived