Shuster Suspended For "Pimped Out" Comment

Guest Guest

Couldn't happen to a bigger DELETED than this putz.

On Thursday's "Tucker" on MSNBC, David Shuster, who was serving as guest-host of the program, made a comment about Chelsea Clinton and the Clinton campaign that was irresponsible and inappropriate. Shuster, who apologized this morning on MSNBC and will again this evening, has been suspended from appearing on all NBC News broadcasts, other than to make his apology. He has also extended an apology to the Clinton family. NBC News takes these matters seriously, and offers our sincere regrets to the Clintons for the remarks.

Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns accepted invitations from us on Thursday evening to participate in a February 26th debate. Our conversations with the Clinton campaign about their participation continue today, and we are hopeful that the event will take place as planned.

On Thursday's "Tucker" on MSNBC, David Shuster, who was serving as guest-host of the program, made a comment about Chelsea Clinton and the Clinton campaign that was irresponsible and inappropriate. Shuster, who apologized this morning on MSNBC and will again this evening, has been suspended from appearing on all NBC News broadcasts, other than to make his apology. He has also extended an apology to the Clinton family. NBC News takes these matters seriously, and offers our sincere regrets to the Clintons for the remarks.

Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns accepted invitations from us on Thursday evening to participate in a February 26th debate. Our conversations with the Clinton campaign about their participation continue today, and we are hopeful that the event will take place as planned.

I think Shuster is a great reporter, but was disapointed at his comment. I did not find it as offensive as others however, as this term has become such a part of the vernacular that I did not find it as big a deal as others. A suspension i too much i my opinion, and hope it is only short term. Compared to what other reporters and so called reporters say out there, it is minor.

Guest a concerned citizen

Wait... is that the same Dave Shuster that used to live here? You'd all know him, he's a huge hippie with dredlocks and tattoos of equations. He told us he left to go live in the woods. Now it turns out he's a reporter.

he was 100% right!!!

i also agree...we have become such a sensative PC society...maybe the phrase he used was a little much but he hit the nail on the head with his comment. they are using her to try to get the younger vote that is leaning toward obama....anyone who votes for Hellary is out of thier minds...not because she is a woman, but because she is incompetent.

Archived