Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The original Church founded by Christ Himself: The Catholic Church.

Church is not about happy clappy, entertainment, touchy-feely things.

In my opinion the Catholic Church is nothing but an abomination to God and to all of mankind. Just look to that Church only if you you want to go straight to the gates of Hell. Inquisition study anyone? BTW, there is a reason that the Catholic Church is eaten up with pedophiles and homosexuals!

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

I'll bet first Assembly Of God has an active and large youth organization. It's in Binghamton, at 254-255 Washington St.

I'm not judging the church, I just know that it has a large and active membership.

AOG has a large and active membership of kooks who believe that "Speaking in Tongues" (a.k.a babbling incoherently) will save them when their glorious Rapture happens.

Face it you want to use the church as a social door to your lack of a social base not spiritual. When are you people going to learn to build a personality. If you build it they will come to you.Put a smile on your face,pull your pants up from your Arss,treat yourself and it will be right in front of you. If you go to these churches for social justice,they are all lookers also with personaity problems as you.That will be $100 an hour for advice.

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

Why are you asking a bunch of strangers. What are your beliefs? Every church is different. If you're looking for the truth, yes..the Catholic Church is where you'll find it no matter what other people say. The Church, itself, is perfect because it was created by God himself. It is made up of sinners but some people confuse that with the Church.

The Catholic Church loves young people, the younger the better...

The faith is perfect. The people are not. Besides more kids have been molested in protestant "ecclesial communities" than the Catholic Church.

No matter how bad some of the people get, you can never take away the Catholic Church's Divine Foundation on Pentecost 33 AD, by Christ Himself.

Why would I leave the Church founded by Christ?

The faith is perfect. The people are not. Besides more kids have been molested in protestant "ecclesial communities" than the Catholic Church.

No matter how bad some of the people get, you can never take away the Catholic Church's Divine Foundation on Pentecost 33 AD, by Christ Himself.

But do they have members like you who get drunk and sexually abuse farm animals?

You would be crazy to leave! You get to contribute your money each week to a church that uses that money as "hush money" to silence the children who have been molested. You get to pay the church to wave their magic wand to annul your marriage, AFC! You are encouraged to act smug and holier than others, who have not chosen your faith. And, you get to step into a little box each week to have another human being tell you that God has forgiven all your sins for the week. It's quite the racket!

You would be crazy to leave! You get to contribute your money each week to a church that uses that money as "hush money" to silence the children who have been molested. You get to pay the church to wave their magic wand to annul your marriage, AFC! You are encouraged to act smug and holier than others, who have not chosen your faith. And, you get to step into a little box each week to have another human being tell you that God has forgiven all your sins for the week. It's quite the racket!

Sounds like you need to learn about the Faith and the Gospels. Your lack of knowledge is shocking.

Sounds like you need to learn about the Faith and the Gospels. Your lack of knowledge is shocking.

Actually, I learned quite a bit from YOU, AFC! Your postings here have really shed a light on the catholic church and its many faults. Thanks!!!!

I can't believe I'm responding to this thread. I don't go to church anymore -- no reason, really -- and I know nothing about the local churches. But, a family I know decided to try the New Life Ministries and came away really enthused. (Almost made me want to go.) They said it was the first time they went to church and "enjoyed" it. No looking at the watch. Very different and unique service. Like I said, I'm ALMOST tempted to try it.

http://www.newlifefm.com/index.php

Actually, if you do decide to try this church, report back, okay?

You would be crazy to leave!

ARTICLE 9

"I BELIEVE IN THE HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH"

Paragraph 3. The Church Is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic

811 "This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic."256 These four characteristics, inseparably linked with each other,257 indicate essential features of the Church and her mission. The Church does not possess them of herself; it is Christ who, through the Holy Spirit, makes his Church one, holy, catholic, and apostolic, and it is he who calls her to realize each of these qualities.

812 Only faith can recognize that the Church possesses these properties from her divine source. But their historical manifestations are signs that also speak clearly to human reason. As the First Vatican Council noted, the "Church herself, with her marvelous propagation, eminent holiness, and inexhaustible fruitfulness in everything good, her catholic unity and invincible stability, is a great and perpetual motive of credibility and an irrefutable witness of her divine mission."258

You get to contribute your money each week to a church that uses that money as "hush money" to silence the children who have been molested.

"And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. And he called [unto him] his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: For all [they] did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, [even] all her living." - Mark 12:41-44

You get to pay the church to wave their magic wand to annul your marriage, AFC!

Matthew 16:19

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; WHATEVER you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." - Jesus to Peter, the first POPE.

You are encouraged to act smug and holier than others, who have not chosen your faith.

1 Timothy 2:3-4

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

And, you get to step into a little box each week to have another human being tell you that God has forgiven all your sins for the week.

1441 Only God forgives sins.39 Since he is the Son of God, Jesus says of himself, "The Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" and exercises this divine power: "Your sins are forgiven."40 Further, by virtue of his divine authority he gives this power to men to exercise in his name.41

39 Cf. Mk 2:7.

40 Mk 2:5,10; Lk 7:48.

41 Cf. Jn 20:21-23.

It's quite the racket!

A nonprofit organization is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals

Actually, I learned quite a bit from YOU, AFC! Your postings here have really shed a light on the catholic church and its many faults. Thanks!!!!

You must have been asleep at the keyboard. LOL

The original Church founded by Christ Himself: The Catholic Church.

Church is not about happy clappy, entertainment, touchy-feely things.

YES! YES!!! church is not about happiness! it should be about HELL and how we are all going to end up there if we do not follow the teachings and beliefs of AFC! How only he knows the true meaning of Christ and that anyone who even thinks about disagreeing with his visions and opinions of the bible and the church will rot in hell forever!!!

Archived