Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll bet first Assembly Of God has an active and large youth organization. It's in Binghamton, at 254-255 Washington St.

Get your wallets out and drop them in the basket! Most of the members move their lips when they read!

Main St. Baptist Church, Main St. Binghamton, lots of young adults and young families, children, too.

So that they can tell your kids the world is 6,000 years old and that they have PROOF! The ignorance is astounding.

Guest A Convert

For over 1500 yrs there was but ONE church, then the Protestant revoluion occurred. There is still ONE true church, and over 33000 Protestant denominations all claiming to be THE true church. Christ is not a polygamist, He has but ONE bride.

If you pursue the truth long enough you will set aside your pride and open your soul to the truth.

The truth will always be the truth whether it is politically popular or not.

For over 1500 yrs there was but ONE church, then the Protestant revoluion occurred. There is still ONE true church, and over 33000 Protestant denominations all claiming to be THE true church. Christ is not a polygamist, He has but ONE bride.

If you pursue the truth long enough you will set aside your pride and open your soul to the truth.

The truth will always be the truth whether it is politically popular or not.

Semi correct. There was only ONE Church for the first 1054 years of Christianity. If you were a Christian before the year 1054, you belonged to the Catholic Church, PERIOD. From 1054 - 1500 AD you were either Catholic or Orthodox. From the 1500s is where the protestants come in, which are simply man made "ecclesial communities" and not regarded as true "churches" of Christ. They do not have all the sacred sacraments nor the Divine foundation. The Catholic Church does not even regard them as "Churches"---hence ecclesial communities.

Pride is what caused the "deformation" ("reformation") of Christianity. ---Pride always comes before the fall.

Christ did only have one Bride and that is the Catholic Church.

Why in the world would you want something less? I don't get it.

Guest dfhshjsd

hey, i've got a good idea! lets goto a place filled with a buncha smelly(stupid) old geezers and stare straight forward and sing in unison to no one in particular(think about how crazy this is), and then feed wine to underage children!

Signed, 19 year old atheist :lol:

He will forgive sins if that forgiveness is ASKED in the way He wants it done. He doesn't go back against His own Word He gave to His own Apostles.

Why can't God go back on his own word? He has free will doesn't he? Are you saying a supremely powerful being can't do whatever he wants? If that's the case then he can't be a supremely powerful being, can he?

Get your wallets out and drop them in the basket! Most of the members move their lips when they read!

Most of the members also believe that the Earth is also only 6000 years old.

Most of the members also believe that the Earth is also only 6000 years old.

The earth is actually only 10,000 years old! The Grand Canyon was created during the Great Flood.

hey, i've got a good idea! lets goto a place filled with a buncha smelly(stupid) old geezers and stare straight forward and sing in unison to no one in particular(think about how crazy this is), and then feed wine to underage children!

Signed, 19 year old atheist :lol:

What a well developed argument! You really seem like an intelligent person that should be taken seriously!

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

binghamton general 5th floor. thta's where all christians should meet.

Good place to go is Boulevard United Methodist Church in Binghamton. They will make you feel welcome and have a lot of youth groups and activities.

I am new to the area and I'm looking to find a Christian church with a large young adult fellowship. Any suggestions?

Why with a "large YOUNG adult" fellowship??? You seek answers from THE ONE above, yet you come on BCVOICE for your solving??? Don't come to my church. We pray to him there, with young and old.

Let the HOLY SPIRIT guide you.. God finds you, before you find him. Don't look for your way in finding him. Allow yourself for God to find the you that you seek.

OMG, another BORN AGAIN. I should have known

FYI, I am not Christian, although raised Protestant. I do not attend First Assembly Of God, but know some very nice people who do. Quite honestly I don't care whether a bloke is born again, a Taoist, Jewish, Muslim, or a follower of any other of a very long list of spiritual practices. When I meet kind, nice folks, that's the yardstick.

I hope the OP found at least one or two helpful suggestions, when one is new to an area it's logical to ask what longtime residents recommend.

Southside Yianni's on Wednesday nights. Chicken & Biscuit night. Can't beat it with a stick.

Wait a minute... You're looking for a good Christian... wha...?... Not a good Chicken Church? Oh...

Hunter, you're own back road is too full of reprobate rednecks with issues. We know you are no angel. Reserve your judgments, OK?

OP smells like a troll to me. Opened those double doors pretty wide for AFC to walk through. Glade, anyone?

Guest The Davy G

The following essay is adapted from a tract I found at work. It says:

Only the Catechism reveals the glory of His Holiness. The Bible will only confuse people.

When the Caesars ruled the world their seat of power was in Rome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Caesars saw themselves as gods, but really they were only puppets in the hands of Satan. It was during the reign of Caesar Augustus that Jesus Christ left heaven to be born on earth. God took the form of flesh. As men are selfish, sinful brats in the eyes of God, and God won’t allow sin into heaven, Jesus came to fix all that. But death is the price of sin. So fixing it cost Him His life.

He shed His blood to wash away our sins so we could go to heaven. He died. On the third day He rose from the dead. The price of our sin was paid in full. This ruined Satan’s plans. Many of his people were leaving him and getting saved by Faith in Christ. He commanded his Caesars to slaughter the Christians. On a hill in Rome was an arena called the Circus where Christians were butchered to please Caesar Nero. In its center was a huge Egyptian obelisk which marked the future location of Satan’s office on Earth. That hill was called Vaticanus.

Years later, when Rome was in ruins and the Caesars were gone, the only obelisk left standing was the one on Vaticanus hill. So in the place where Satan enjoyed his bloody sacrifice, he created his own form of Christianity. His new religion brought back his Caesars, but with a new title. Now he was called the Pope. And on the same site he would build a magnificent Roman temple and call it the Vatican.

Today, Rome is still the seat of world power. She controls the UN, governments and the world finances. Her power is no longer blocked by Protestantism. It is all but gone and once again, all roads lead to Rome. Catholicism controls its members from the cradle to the grave. Let us look at one young person’s life from birth to death. His name is Anthony.

Little Anthony is born into a lovely Catholic family. The priest advises that Anthony be baptized before he dies or he will go to limbo. Now begins his journey as a faithful Catholic hoping for heaven. Anthony is baptized. He is now a member of the Roman system. Though the priest announces that Little Anthony has been born again, this is not what Jesus commanded; how can a baby understand what is going on and make a conscious choice?

Upon confirmation, Anthony is sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, but it is truly the Holy Spirit or some other visitor? Confirmation is said to bind a child into the Church. In the Church’s own words, he is in bondage. Anthony both loves and fears his priest, who claims to be a divine man equal to Jesus and the Holy Ghost and more powerful than the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Since the priest is inferior to God but superior to man, he appears to have magical abilities. When the priest pronounces the words of consecration, the incarnate Word (Jesus) has an obligation to obey. The priest claims that with these magic words (Hoc Est Enim Corpus Meum) turning a wafer into Jesus takes as much power as the creation of the world. The words of the priest create Jesus; this becomes a wafer god to be adored.

Anthony’s first communion is his most exciting religious experience yet because on this day, Anthony will eat his god. He must believe the wafer contains the body, soul and divinity of Christ. If he doesn’t, he will be cast into hell forever. Then Anthony must confess to his priest (instead of Jesus) to get rid of his sins. If the priest pardons Anthony, “God Himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest.”

Anthony deeply desires to be in heave with the Blessed Virgin, but to get there involves many works, prayers and giving to Mother Church. Anthony must go to confession every few weeks; he must never miss the Eucharist; he must pray the rosary daily and even pray to the saints. However, he is not to pray directly to Jesus.

And, when these faithful Catholics complete these works and their lives end, they are supposed to end up in purgatory. Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of purgatory; purgatory doesn’t exist. Catholicism does not seem to care about your soul, only your money. If you take nothing else away from this essay, at least do not believe the lie of purgatory. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Luke 2:1

John 1:1,14

Romans 6:23

Symbolizing a male organ, used by the Masons world wide

Acts 8:36-37

St. Denis, The Dignity and Duties of the Priest, by St. Alphonsus Ligori. Chapter 1, Part 1

Ibid., Part 2

Pope Innocent III, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 1.

Ibid., Part 3.

St. Bernadine, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

St. Jerome, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

Ibid., Chapter 1, Part 3.

Acts 16:31

The following essay is adapted from a tract I found at work. It says:

Only the Catechism reveals the glory of His Holiness. The Bible will only confuse people.

When the Caesars ruled the world their seat of power was in Rome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Caesars saw themselves as gods, but really they were only puppets in the hands of Satan. It was during the reign of Caesar Augustus that Jesus Christ left heaven to be born on earth. God took the form of flesh. As men are selfish, sinful brats in the eyes of God, and God won’t allow sin into heaven, Jesus came to fix all that. But death is the price of sin. So fixing it cost Him His life.

He shed His blood to wash away our sins so we could go to heaven. He died. On the third day He rose from the dead. The price of our sin was paid in full. This ruined Satan’s plans. Many of his people were leaving him and getting saved by Faith in Christ. He commanded his Caesars to slaughter the Christians. On a hill in Rome was an arena called the Circus where Christians were butchered to please Caesar Nero. In its center was a huge Egyptian obelisk which marked the future location of Satan’s office on Earth. That hill was called Vaticanus.

Years later, when Rome was in ruins and the Caesars were gone, the only obelisk left standing was the one on Vaticanus hill. So in the place where Satan enjoyed his bloody sacrifice, he created his own form of Christianity. His new religion brought back his Caesars, but with a new title. Now he was called the Pope. And on the same site he would build a magnificent Roman temple and call it the Vatican.

Today, Rome is still the seat of world power. She controls the UN, governments and the world finances. Her power is no longer blocked by Protestantism. It is all but gone and once again, all roads lead to Rome. Catholicism controls its members from the cradle to the grave. Let us look at one young person’s life from birth to death. His name is Anthony.

Little Anthony is born into a lovely Catholic family. The priest advises that Anthony be baptized before he dies or he will go to limbo. Now begins his journey as a faithful Catholic hoping for heaven. Anthony is baptized. He is now a member of the Roman system. Though the priest announces that Little Anthony has been born again, this is not what Jesus commanded; how can a baby understand what is going on and make a conscious choice?

Upon confirmation, Anthony is sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, but it is truly the Holy Spirit or some other visitor? Confirmation is said to bind a child into the Church. In the Church’s own words, he is in bondage. Anthony both loves and fears his priest, who claims to be a divine man equal to Jesus and the Holy Ghost and more powerful than the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Since the priest is inferior to God but superior to man, he appears to have magical abilities. When the priest pronounces the words of consecration, the incarnate Word (Jesus) has an obligation to obey. The priest claims that with these magic words (Hoc Est Enim Corpus Meum) turning a wafer into Jesus takes as much power as the creation of the world. The words of the priest create Jesus; this becomes a wafer god to be adored.

Anthony’s first communion is his most exciting religious experience yet because on this day, Anthony will eat his god. He must believe the wafer contains the body, soul and divinity of Christ. If he doesn’t, he will be cast into hell forever. Then Anthony must confess to his priest (instead of Jesus) to get rid of his sins. If the priest pardons Anthony, “God Himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priest.”

Anthony deeply desires to be in heave with the Blessed Virgin, but to get there involves many works, prayers and giving to Mother Church. Anthony must go to confession every few weeks; he must never miss the Eucharist; he must pray the rosary daily and even pray to the saints. However, he is not to pray directly to Jesus.

And, when these faithful Catholics complete these works and their lives end, they are supposed to end up in purgatory. Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of purgatory; purgatory doesn’t exist. Catholicism does not seem to care about your soul, only your money. If you take nothing else away from this essay, at least do not believe the lie of purgatory. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Luke 2:1

John 1:1,14

Romans 6:23

Symbolizing a male organ, used by the Masons world wide

Acts 8:36-37

St. Denis, The Dignity and Duties of the Priest, by St. Alphonsus Ligori. Chapter 1, Part 1

Ibid., Part 2

Pope Innocent III, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 1.

Ibid., Part 3.

St. Bernadine, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

St. Jerome, Dignity and Duties, Chapter 1, Part 4.

Ibid., Chapter 1, Part 3.

Acts 16:31

LOL somebody sounds a little bitter....also that idea that faith alone can save you, yeah its directly contradicted in the Bible.

LOL somebody sounds a little bitter....also that idea that faith alone can save you, yeah its directly contradicted in the Bible.

It certainly is. St. James directly blasts Sola Fide-- Faith Alone. When people get away from the true Church, nonsense like FAITH ALONE creeps in.

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

James 2:14-26

Faith and Works

14What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

15If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,

16and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

17Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

19You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

20But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?

22You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;

23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS," and he was called the friend of God.

24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...mp;version=NASB

Archived