Looking for a good christian church

Guest Guest

The following essay is adapted from a tract I found at work. It says:

Only the Catechism reveals the glory of His Holiness. The Bible will only confuse people.

When the Caesars ruled the world their seat of power was in Rome. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Caesars saw themselves as gods, but really they were only puppets in the hands of Satan. It was during the reign of Caesar Augustus that Jesus Christ left heaven to be born on earth. God took the form of flesh. As men are selfish, sinful brats in the eyes of God, and God won�t allow sin into heaven, Jesus came to fix all that. But death is the price of sin. So fixing it cost Him His life.......................................................

What an idiotic posting. Another person who doesn't have a clue.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Davy G
It certainly is. St. James directly blasts Sola Fide-- Faith Alone. When people get away from the true Church, nonsense like FAITH ALONE creeps in.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...mp;version=NASB

So, the part about the Catholic Church being the Church of Satan you have no comment, but you do have a long one for Faith. If you have Faith, then the works come naturally.

Guest The Davy G
LOL somebody sounds a little bitter....also that idea that faith alone can save you, yeah its directly contradicted in the Bible.

Hardly bitter - actually the opposite.

Guest The Davy G
What an idiotic posting. Another person who doesn't have a clue.

If you read the beginning, you might have noticed that this was adapted from something else - not an original work.

to the Atheist: If im wrong then I just wasted my time if your wrong your toast. Dosent sound to me like a good bet.

That could be the dumbest thing I have read on here. So what you are saying is you don't really believe, you are just hedging your bets?

So, the part about the Catholic Church being the Church of Satan you have no comment, but you do have a long one for Faith. If you have Faith, then the works come naturally.

The notion that the Catholic Church is the Church of Satan is too laughable to even think about. While it certainly has flaws, both past and present, it is in fact a institution of man and as a result, like man has flaws.

The notion that the Catholic Church is the Church of Satan is too laughable to even think about. While it certainly has flaws, both past and present, it is in fact a institution of man and as a result, like man has flaws.

If any Church should be labeled the Church of Satan, it should be the Catholic Church.

If any Church should be labeled the Church of Satan, it should be the Catholic Church.

Well, since it was the ONLY Christian church for a thousand years, and because the Orthodox and Protestant churches came from it, then it would stand to reason that the entire Christian religion is corrupt. What is really true is this: The Christian religion would not have survived without the Catholic Church. If anything would have made Christ unhappy is thousands of "Christians" fighting over religion, especially Christianity.

Well, since it was the ONLY Christian church for a thousand years, and because the Orthodox and Protestant churches came from it, then it would stand to reason that the entire Christian religion is corrupt. What is really true is this: The Christian religion would not have survived without the Catholic Church. If anything would have made Christ unhappy is thousands of "Christians" fighting over religion, especially Christianity.

That's why the Catholic Church is called the Mother Church. Christ gave the Catholic Church the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, 33 AD, and gave it the Great Commission:

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=NIV

Christ did not give the Great Commission to any other church!

Christ did not command any other church "to do this in memory of Me" in regards to the Eucharist!

Christ did not give any other church the power to forgive sins in His Name!

Christ did not appoint anyone else other that St. Peter and his successors to be the Shepard of His Church on earth!

Christ did not give the great gift of Baptism to any other Church, but the Catholic Church. The CC, of course, loosened this up because of the sheer importance of it.

The Catholic Church is the only Church Christ founded. Christ did not found any protestant church, period.

To say the Catholic Church is the Church of Satan shows extreme ignorance.

That's why the Catholic Church is called the Mother Church. Christ gave the Catholic Church the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, 33 AD, and gave it the Great Commission:

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...amp;version=NIV

Christ did not command any other church "to do this in memory of Me" in regards to the Eucharist!

Christ did not appoint anyone else other that St. Peter and his successors to be the Shepard of His Church on earth!

Christ did not give the great gift of Baptism to any other Church, but the Catholic Church. The CC, of course, loosened this up because of the sheer importance of it.

The Catholic Church is the only Church Christ founded. Christ did not found any protestant church, period.

AMEN!!!

I wonder if AFC even realises that he causes more harm than good for his religion. If there was ever a chance of me becoming a catholic, this guy destroyed it.

Bull-oney. We've had this argument before, and you have never offered a s-i-n-g-l-e valid rebuttal.

Eastern Orthodoxy was 1000 years before the Roman church (small "c"). The reasons for the Great Scism are well documented. You've got the internet. Use it, moron. Christ gave his succession to no man. Even the Eastern Orthodoxy acknowledges this. He gave it to a woman.

The Roman Catholic church did not exist in 33 AD.

The invitation is open, as always. Put your dogma where your mouth is. Anytime. Anywhere.

Bring it, you coward.

Bull-oney. We've had this argument before, and you have never offered a s-i-n-g-l-e valid rebuttal.

Eastern Orthodoxy was 1000 years before the Roman church (small "c"). The reasons for the Great Scism are well documented. You've got the internet. Use it, moron. Christ gave his succession to no man. Even the Eastern Orthodoxy acknowledges this. He gave it to a woman.

The invitation is open, as always. Put your dogma where your mouth is. Anytime. Anywhere.

Bring it, you coward.

Just to offer my two cents, the Catholic Church considers its birth to be at Pentecost, which would make it as old or older than the Orthodox Church...

Just to offer my two cents, the Catholic Church considers its birth to be at Pentecost, which would make it as old or older than the Orthodox Church...

They consider a lot of things that try to give them an advantage. And those considerations change often depending on their goals.

Bring it, you coward.

Ummm....Every Bishop of the Catholic Church can trace his lineage to one or more of the Apostles. The Pope can trace His lineage to St. Peter: The keeper of the Keys to Heaven and the appointed Shepard of Christ's Church on earth.

The Orthodox and Catholics were one until 1054 AD. The Orthodox refused to submit to the Shepard of the Lord's Church, the Successor of Peter, The keeper of the Keys to heaven. The Orthodox are schismatics.

Name me one person besides the Pope that has the Keys to heaven on this earth.

Do the research. Learn about the origins of "christianity". You have just as much internet as the rest of us. Dig in and educate yourself. "Pentecost" as a concept was pretty late to the party. Don't just read the stuff that sounds good to you. Really, really learn.

You sound ridiculous and elementary.

Like - How come Priests and Popes aren't allowed to marry anymore?

Married priests are allowed in the Catholic Church. Eastern Rite Catholics and converted clergy from other Christian Faiths are allowed to be married before ordination. After ordination, NO ONE, either in Orthodoxy or Catholicism are allowed to get married.

1.) You must be married BEFORE you are ordained in the Eastern Rite Catholics.

2.) Converted clergy from other Christian Faiths can remain married, but not get married after ordination.

Since the very first century, BISHOPS were chosen from the celibate and it remains so until this very day: Catholics and Orthodox. Bishops ARE NOT chosen from the married in either Catholic or Orthodox. This is the way it was since the beginning.

Married priests are allowed in the Catholic Church. Eastern Rite Catholics and converted clergy from other Christian Faiths are allowed to be married before ordination. After ordination, NO ONE, either in Orthodoxy or Catholicism are allowed to get married.

1.) You must be married BEFORE you are ordained in the Eastern Rite Catholics.

2.) Converted clergy from other Christian Faiths can remain married, but not get married after ordination.

Since the very first century, BISHOPS were chosen from the celibate and it remains so until this very day: Catholics and Orthodox. Bishops ARE NOT chosen from the married in either Catholic or Orthodox. This is the way it was since the beginning.

History fully supports a married priesthood. For the first 1200 years of the Church’s existence, priests, bishops and 39 popes were married. Celibacy existed in the first century among hermits and monks, but it was considered an optional, alternative lifestyle. Medieval politics brought about the discipline of mandatory celibacy for priests.

Archived