BCC Basketball

Guest Guest

First of all. Let me say I'm a BCC supporter. The men's coach was hired liked 2 weeks before school started last year and did not recruit any of the kids last year. The former coach (jimmy evans) took all of the recruits that were going with him, both local and out of town to Mercyhurst NE where he was forced to quit. Second, there are only 2 kids from "the city" on the team Just because someone is black doesn't mean they are from NYC you racists. Next, why does everyone hate on Mullins. He seems pretty happy, is averaging 15 pts a game and playing 30+ minutes a game. BCC is 10-7 will probably win there next couple games and has lost to 4 teams that are ranked in top 7 in the country... Meaning they are 10-3 vs. teams that aren't the seven best in the country at their juco level. And how does a team that allegedly doesn't ever share the ball, and are all ball hogs, average over 80 pts a game. They are the 4th highest scoring team in the region. Stop hating!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all. Let me say I'm a BCC supporter. The men's coach was hired liked 2 weeks before school started last year and did not recruit any of the kids last year. The former coach (jimmy evans) took all of the recruits that were going with him, both local and out of town to Mercyhurst NE where he was forced to quit. Second, there are only 2 kids from "the city" on the team Just because someone is black doesn't mean they are from NYC you racists. Next, why does everyone hate on Mullins. He seems pretty happy, is averaging 15 pts a game and playing 30+ minutes a game. BCC is 10-7 will probably win there next couple games and has lost to 4 teams that are ranked in top 7 in the country... Meaning they are 10-3 vs. teams that aren't the seven best in the country at their juco level. And how does a team that allegedly doesn't ever share the ball, and are all ball hogs, average over 80 pts a game. They are the 4th highest scoring team in the region. Stop hating!

Well said. Just looked at the roster. Half of their team is local and half are from out of town, with 2 of those being international students. I love that everyone thought Coach Watson was the first to bring in "all these city kids" when it's been happening since baldwin was there. Comes to find out, Coach W only has 2 from New York City on the roster. haha, some people are so ignorant assuming African American = nyc. So in his first recruiting class, he has 2 city kids. Any way, I've been watching the teams all year long, they had some ups & downs and seem to have things going pretty good now. Come support your local team ladies and gentlemen. Please leave the negativity at home!

Coach Watson coached my son at for 3 years at Forks. He was respected by everyone, and had the program heading in the right direction after years of absolutely nothing as far as basketball goes. He started youth basketball programs in the Winter and Summer. He was very dedicated, knowledgeable and all the boys played hard and unselfish. Coach Watson also coached the 17U with rage and did pretty well. I don't know much about his team this year, but I'll be sure to stop by broome for their next home game, and check out what I see.

I also have to comment on Matt Mullins. He is a nice kid, who played D1 ball. I believe he realized he'd rather play than watch, so he transferred to the local junior college. Matt is a hard worker and good kid. Stop being jealous please. :rolleyes:

Ok First of all what was the guys record at Forks? That should tell you something. Second of all no one said he was a bad guy they questioned his coaching ability which if you had been to some games you would know why. Third Mullins is a ball hog period always has been watch a game sometime . The father has over rated the kid and it shows. Christ he plays almost the whole game and never gives up the ball why wouldn't her be scoring-same as he did at CV. And again I am sure he is a nice kid, two separate topics. Lastly check the roster it is not mostly local you can't read or what? And as far as being racist no one even mentioned color jerk.

Christ I don't get why everyone says stop being jealous and then they add a please -jealous of what? That he is playing BB at BCC and flunked out at BU is that what you thinks is making everyone jealous-yep we give up you got us! Why can't people separate the kid from the sport-yeah OK hes a nice but I have to agree he has a tendency to ball hog-watch the game once in a while you would see.

OK Mr. Mullins hes not a ball hog feel better now. Personally I could give a crap about the kid and don't know why he even gets the attention-he is a mediocre athlete playing at a junior college-good for him-coach lets him ball hog-good for him, he plays 30 minutes good for him-I mean honestly who gives a shit? He does get a lot of negative attention though I wonder why that is-think about Mr. Mullins (father) Oh and I am a BCC supporter been one for years -also think that Evans was one of the better coach's they had. See you at the game!!

Guest Enough already ...

Why is it that you continue to carry on this one man vendetta (or possibly woman - mother of an ex-Mullins teammate perhaps ?) against Mullins ? This is painfully obvious in your writing style and repeated us of terms like "ball-hog" and the old reliable "you must be Mr. Mullins" response. Let it go lady ...

I'm sure your little Johnnie has gotten over it by now - you should too.

Have a nice day.

BCC improves its record to 11-7 with a 101-57 victory today. That is their 3rd win in a row. Looks like they seem to be playing well lately.

BTW, they have 5 Local Players & 5 Out of Area Recruits. Hope thats clears things up for everyone. Go Hornets!

Why is it that you continue to carry on this one man vendetta (or possibly woman - mother of an ex-Mullins teammate perhaps ?) against Mullins ? This is painfully obvious in your writing style and repeated us of terms like "ball-hog" and the old reliable "you must be Mr. Mullins" response. Let it go lady ...

I'm sure your little Johnnie has gotten over it by now - you should too.

Have a nice day.

One man/One woman nice try -how much has it been mentioned on here since he was in high school that he was a ball hog? He is everyone knows it who has watched him play for years. Have a nice day...

Guest Guest 42

Let me just say being someone in the know who has been to every single BCC men's basketball game this year, your facts are rediculously incorrect. Next time please do some homework instead of pawning off your ridiculous numbers on those who dont have information. Allow me to enlighten:

Jimmy Evens was hired at Mercyhurst in late April, and Coach W was hired shortly after. He had at least 3 months to recruit.

The only recruit that Evens took with him to Mercyhurst was Brendan Dougherty. Clint Foster was already at Broome and also left to go with him but was not a recruit.

Most of Watsons team his first year were players left over or players recruited by Evens, including the teams best player this year, Darius Garland.

Mullins will be a good player at the 4-year level in Division III, nothing more nothing less. There is no shame in this, as most good players from this area end up good Division III players.

BCC lost 4 of their games to 3 teams in the top 7, not to 4 teams. Theyve also lost to some really bad teams including Schenectady and Montgomery-Fulton

Doing simple math I come up to 78 points per game, not over 80 points per game. They play absolutely no defense and its obvious their coach has no idea how to coach any defense.

Get your facts straight!

Let me just say being someone in the know who has been to every single BCC men's basketball game this year, your facts are rediculously incorrect. Next time please do some homework instead of pawning off your ridiculous numbers on those who dont have information. Allow me to enlighten:

Jimmy Evens was hired at Mercyhurst in late April, and Coach W was hired shortly after. He had at least 3 months to recruit.

The only recruit that Evens took with him to Mercyhurst was Brendan Dougherty. Clint Foster was already at Broome and also left to go with him but was not a recruit.

Most of Watsons team his first year were players left over or players recruited by Evens, including the teams best player this year, Darius Garland.

Mullins will be a good player at the 4-year level in Division III, nothing more nothing less. There is no shame in this, as most good players from this area end up good Division III players.

BCC lost 4 of their games to 3 teams in the top 7, not to 4 teams. Theyve also lost to some really bad teams including Schenectady and Montgomery-Fulton

Doing simple math I come up to 78 points per game, not over 80 points per game. They play absolutely no defense and its obvious their coach has no idea how to coach any defense.

Get your facts straight!

Thanks for the "accurate" update. We are sorry Jimmy was fired from 2 out of 3 his 3 coaching jobs. (1- Milford Academy 2-Mercyhurst). And during his time at Broome, he got bombed up and beat up a female cabby. Oh thats right he "quit" those 2 jobs.

I'm not in the know like "who ever wrote this" but...

1: BCC lost 4 of their games to 3 teams in the top 7, they placed one of those teams twice (4 games to top 7 nationally ranked teams)

2: They obviously did lose some other games as well, i'm sorry they are not 14-4

3: Ok you got me they average 78.7 points per game and are 3rd in the region in scoring... I was off by 1.3

I'm not saying Watson and Mullins is the second coming, i'm just saying why the hatred? (Esp to a team that is half local kids & half recruits from other areas and are currently tied for 5th in the Region?

Doing simple math I come up to 78 points per game, not over 80 points per game. ]They play absolutely no defense and its obvious their coach has no idea how to coach any defense.

Get your facts straight!

Finally ...thank you !!

Thanks for the "accurate" update. We are sorry Jimmy was fired from 2 out of 3 his 3 coaching jobs. (1- Milford Academy 2-Mercyhurst). And during his time at Broome, he got bombed up and beat up a female cabby. Oh thats right he "quit" those 2 jobs.

I'm not in the know like "who ever wrote this" but...

1: BCC lost 4 of their games to 3 teams in the top 7, they placed one of those teams twice (4 games to top 7 nationally ranked teams)

2: They obviously did lose some other games as well, i'm sorry they are not 14-4

3: Ok you got me they average 78.7 points per game and are 3rd in the region in scoring... I was off by 1.3

I'm not saying Watson and Mullins is the second coming, i'm just saying why the hatred? (Esp to a team that is half local kids & half recruits from other areas and are currently tied for 5th in the Region?

LOL great points.

However, those 4 games they lost were actually to teams ranked inthe top 4 in the country! So they are now 11-3 vs. teams that aren't the best 4 junior college teams in their division. That's not so bad is it???

LOL great points.

However, those 4 games they lost were actually to teams ranked inthe top 4 in the country! So they are now 11-3 vs. teams that aren't the best 4 junior college teams in their division. That's not so bad is it???

Plain and simple BCC has the most talent of any team that has stepped into the Hornets nest this year and they still suck. They piss away games because their joke of a coach plays favorites and wont play the best players. What about that kid from Denmark or whatever he hasnt played all year til the last few games because the moron coach who couldnt even win at Chenango Forks had to play his favorite NYC players who dont play defense. And then they almost throw a game at home to a team that sucks Corning and youll probably hear Watson and Mullins on here writing how good they did.

GET A REAL COACH AND MAYBE PEOPLE WILL START COMING TO GAMES AGAIN THAT PLACE HAS BEEN A GHOSTTOWN!!!

Powell and Garland had a great game game last night, both played some great D which was nice to see. ( great passing from both too)I was afraid their coach was going to lose it for them but they made a nice come back. They need to win the rest of their games which I think is possible if they play like a team, and the coach does not blow it.

Plain and simple BCC has the most talent of any team that has stepped into the Hornets nest this year and they still suck. They piss away games because their joke of a coach plays favorites and wont play the best players. What about that kid from Denmark or whatever he hasnt played all year til the last few games because the moron coach who couldnt even win at Chenango Forks had to play his favorite NYC players who dont play defense. And then they almost throw a game at home to a team that sucks Corning and youll probably hear Watson and Mullins on here writing how good they did.

GET A REAL COACH AND MAYBE PEOPLE WILL START COMING TO GAMES AGAIN THAT PLACE HAS BEEN A GHOSTTOWN!!!

I agree with a lot of this-it was a nice come back in the second half though. I don't get this guys guys coaching style either. A lot of the kids don't play defense but I thought Powell , Garland and Mulliins played some decent D last night.

I agree with a lot of this-it was a nice come back in the second half though. I don't get this guys guys coaching style either. A lot of the kids don't play defense but I thought Powell , Garland and Mulliins played some decent D last night.

I was at the game and agree that Powell did a nice job it was good to see dumbo Watson to finally give him enough minutes. He almost blew the game for this team again with his ridiculous substitution pattern. What is with this guy why the hell does he sub so much? And why does he take out his players when they get on a roll? Mullins hit a couple shots last night and immediately Dumbo pulls him from the game. What was Cornings record like 8-12 or whatever the paper said and Broome barely beat them at home. This is the problem they should have won that game by 20 last night but Dumbo keeps subbing and playing 11 people and ruining the momentum of the team. Let the assistant do the coaching.

I was at the game and agree that Powell did a nice job it was good to see dumbo Watson to finally give him enough minutes. He almost blew the game for this team again with his ridiculous substitution pattern. What is with this guy why the hell does he sub so much? And why does he take out his players when they get on a roll? Mullins hit a couple shots last night and immediately Dumbo pulls him from the game. What was Cornings record like 8-12 or whatever the paper said and Broome barely beat them at home. This is the problem they should have won that game by 20 last night but Dumbo keeps subbing and playing 11 people and ruining the momentum of the team. Let the assistant do the coaching.

I agree but sometimes it seems like he subs a lot or not at all. Or if you played last game your not playing this game, It is strange....he does pull people to when they are hot but not when they are off-don't get it at all. Does not seem like a bad guy but not sure abut his coaching.

Team is loaded with talent-but lacks a good coach.

Loaded is an understatement they have so much talent but you can even tell watching their games by their body language that they hate playing for this jerk. Watch the guys on the bench clowning around during timeouts and watch their reactions when they come out of the game. Its so clear they are tired of playing for him and dont trust him. Why did they hire him neway must be nobody else wanted the job. Get rid of the moron and hire somebody who will use Mullins the right way.

Loaded is an understatement they have so much talent but you can even tell watching their games by their body language that they hate playing for this jerk. Watch the guys on the bench clowning around during timeouts and watch their reactions when they come out of the game. Its so clear they are tired of playing for him and dont trust him. Why did they hire him neway must be nobody else wanted the job. Get rid of the moron and hire somebody who will use Mullins the right way.

Use Mullins the right way he gets more pt than anyone. It's everyone else getting abused.

Team is loaded with talent-but lacks a good coach.

So first the coach plays local ball hogs too much. Then he plays city guys too much and not local guys... And now he's not playing international kids enough? Then all of his talent was from the prior coach and now you say they have the most talent on the court? Which one is it guys??? Bottom line, Coach Watson brought in good talent and has them playing some good basketball.

I think you have to this guy some credit. He brought in talent and they are winning and are scoring a boat load of points. Plain and simple those kids play their but off for their coach. That is clearly evident if you attend games. BCC showed tons of heart and did not give up, vs Corning; that typically comes from the coaching style. I agree, early in the year they didn't play enough defense and did not pass enough. But since the break the team is really playing well. The coach has them playing some great ball at the end of the season, isn't that what you want? And I must say, during the Corning game, Watson seemed to out coach the guy from corning. He used different defensive looks and traps during the comeback. He used time outs well and his team got the ball in the players hands to make plays. Not only that, his team has great shot selection; I believe they shot 47 free throws. I've never seen a team get the ball inside like that before. Not sure why 1 or 2 people have such problems with coach Watson 12-7 with 4 wins in a row. Hopefully they keep it up!

So first the coach plays local ball hogs too much. Then he plays city guys too much and not local guys... And now he's not playing international kids enough? Then all of his talent was from the prior coach and now you say they have the most talent on the court? Which one is it guys??? Bottom line, Coach Watson brought in good talent and has them playing some good basketball.

I think you have to this guy some credit. He brought in talent and they are winning and are scoring a boat load of points. Plain and simple those kids play their but off for their coach. That is clearly evident if you attend games. BCC showed tons of heart and did not give up, vs Corning; that typically comes from the coaching style. I agree, early in the year they didn't play enough defense and did not pass enough. But since the break the team is really playing well. The coach has them playing some great ball at the end of the season, isn't that what you want? And I must say, during the Corning game, Watson seemed to out coach the guy from corning. He used different defensive looks and traps during the comeback. He used time outs well and his team got the ball in the players hands to make plays. Not only that, his team has great shot selection; I believe they shot 47 free throws. I've never seen a team get the ball inside like that before. Not sure why 1 or 2 people have such problems with coach Watson 12-7 with 4 wins in a row. Hopefully they keep it up!

Really! So Watson, recruits a bunch of guys with talent (who where probably used to being the best players on their high school teams) and brings them to Broome. They "play selfish and are ball hogs" early on in the season. After working with them for a while, he gets them to buy into what he's doing, and all of a sudden they are one of the highest scoring teams around and are winning? But you call him a jerk because you don't like the way he substitutes? What exactly happened, did he cut you or your son? Recruiting is part of coaching. Getting players to play hard is part of coaching. And winning ball games late in the season... A Big part of coaching. Congrats!

You have got to be kidding me! Corning stinks what did the newspaper say their record was like 7-14?? And you want credit for beating that crap team at home? Either you werent at that game or this is Kevin Watson writing this himself, because those players DO NOT enjoy playing for him. They roll their eyes at him during timeouts and dont even acknowledge him half the time when he is talking. Number 10 was talking to his gf in the crowd during that last timeout with like 2 minutes to go in a close game.....And the only reason that Broome came back in that particular game is that the Corning point guards suck. I could have told you that during warmups watching them dribble but it took Watson 30 minutes to start trapping. Stay off the message boards and try reading a coaching book or 2 DUMBO, your players cant stand you. See you at the next game screwing it up for your team.

Archived