Susquehanna valley sports

Guest Guest

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest v coach
Is SV good at anything anymore? Seems to me they are in dead last in every sport. Can anyone fix this?

Here is a thought, how about you get your certification and come coach one of these teams. You can deal with the parents that do not want there child pushed. Heck maybe you can get them in the weight room 3 days a week working to get better for football instead of saying "well johnny was tired so he did not come" If you can assist us in changing that philosophy you most likely could even be the athletic director.

Here is a thought, how about you get your certification and come coach one of these teams. You can deal with the parents that do not want there child pushed. Heck maybe you can get them in the weight room 3 days a week working to get better for football instead of saying "well johnny was tired so he did not come" If you can assist us in changing that philosophy you most likely could even be the athletic director.

Sorry Coach .

But seriously . You can not say a general term to discribe a group .

I know for a fact that there are hard working kids at SV .

Guest v caoch
Sorry Coach .

But seriously . You can not say a general term to discribe a group .

I know for a fact that there are hard working kids at SV .

Oh you must be "one" of those kids.

It goes in cycles. SV will be back soon enough. Football & Basketball both (but it won't be next year - looking at 2-3 years before the the cycle runs it's course).

Both programs not strong enough to produce consistent winners at this point (ala Forks in Football & Norwich in Hoops).

Youth Football does seem to be headed in the right direction though - much stronger than it has been in recent memory.

Is SV good at anything anymore? Seems to me they are in dead last in every sport. Can anyone fix this?

Go in your sons room, take the joint out of his mouth and turn off the bob marly music and try telling him he actually has to do something called "work" to achieve something in life. Whether it's a sport or something else.

It goes in cycles. SV will be back soon enough. Football & Basketball both (but it won't be next year - looking at 2-3 years before the the cycle runs it's course).

Both programs not strong enough to produce consistent winners at this point (ala Forks in Football & Norwich in Hoops).

Youth Football does seem to be headed in the right direction though - much stronger than it has been in recent memory.

2-3 years before it runs it's course? What? They haven't been good in football in years. You're also going to compare a football team that hasn't had a winning season in God knows how long to Forks? How about this, they don't have athletes there.

2-3 years before it runs it's course? What? They haven't been good in football in years. You're also going to compare a football team that hasn't had a winning season in God knows how long to Forks? How about this, they don't have athletes there.

SV overview.

Football=joke

Basketball girls and boys= joke

Soccer=usually around .500 but no one cares about soccer

Baseball= usually below .500

Wresting= other then morabito 2 years ago...joke.

I hear the bowling team isn't to bad either.

• 1 year later...
Guest BENJAMIN

BEST THING SV EVER DID WAS REMOVE COOK FROM THE PROGRAM, WORST MISTAKE BINGHAMTON DID WAS LET HIM BACK IN. HE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT ON AND OFF THE FIELD, SWEARS AT THE KIDS, TRIES TO TOTAL INDIMIDATE THE KIDS, DOES NOT PUSH FOR GRADES, AND HONESTLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS ONLY HIS EGO!!!!!

Sus Valley parents and players are all good at showing bad sportsmanship. Their teams are not skilled enough to play the games the way they should be played. Officials hate being assigned their basketball and soccer games.

QUOTE (Guest @ Feb 10 2010, 01:14 PM)

you can have all the certificates in the world, but teachers have 1st shot at all coaching jobs. only the jobs nobody wants possibly could come open. that's why most high teams never reach their full potential. the coaches know nothing about sports.

I have a feeling SV boys' basketball (varsity) will be pretty competitive this season. They should be among the bigger teams in STAC, with solid size inside, and enough quickness to win some games. Not sure how they stack up against everyone else, but there is potential there this season to be decent.

Unfortunately, I believe one of their "bigs" hurt his foot playing soccer (?) and will miss the basketball season. Not sure of the boy's name, but I believe he's 6-3 or 6-4 and was a pretty solid player. Tough loss, if true.

I would say your biggest bright spot may be baseball. SV had some very good 8th grade players (14U) this year in teener. Big and tall and I heard they had been on the SV JV team.

As far as football I think you are banking on the youth teams that did well in the STYFL that will be varsity age in around 3 years. It is possible but remember their success in youth was Dad as a ref calling back plays on the other team. That league always suffered from not having true officials.

Basketball?? Could be competitive in the future.

BEST THING SV EVER DID WAS REMOVE COOK FROM THE PROGRAM, WORST MISTAKE BINGHAMTON DID WAS LET HIM BACK IN. HE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT ON AND OFF THE FIELD, SWEARS AT THE KIDS, TRIES TO TOTAL INDIMIDATE THE KIDS, DOES NOT PUSH FOR GRADES, AND HONESTLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS ONLY HIS EGO!!!!!

Where do you get this? My daughter has gone to his camps and loved it. You cannot win championships by intimidation. What I heard was the only tough athletes at SV are the women. The boys at SV couldn't handle the work ethic he demanded. Obviously true which is why SV teams are not good.

Where do you get this? My daughter has gone to his camps and loved it. You cannot win championships by intimidation. What I heard was the only tough athletes at SV are the women. The boys at SV couldn't handle the work ethic he demanded. Obviously true which is why SV teams are not good.

Obviously Cook has credentials for softball. I don't know of one credential he had or has to coach basketball.

I don't understand this thread, yeah SV i weak in football, baseball, basketball but they are also very competitive in others. Boys soccer is always a strong team, softball is always competitive, they have a very strong Track and Field Program, Girls Tennis and bowling (take that as u will). SV is similar in most ways to most schools of its size. Smaller schools just dont have the numbers be competitive in all sport programs. look at other schools of their size, schools like Forks, Valley Windsor... they also have numerous very weak programs, coupled with some very competitive programs...

People also seem to forget that in almost all sports the compete in the division with JC, Owego, class "A" schools. This is clearly based on the couple weak programs SV sports (Mainly Football, which is the only program people seem to acknowledge) so this thread is really redundant.

He is a coach,let him coach. LET THE PARENTS,THE TEACHERS,THE COUNSELORS,TEACH.If the child wants to learn.

Archived