Susquehanna valley sports

Guest Guest

This fall; four head coaches do not teach at SV and three do.

Get a clue I know of at least 4 teacher coaches at SV this season

Foley-Tennis- PE Teacher

Shea-Golf-PE Teacher

Cordisco-Volleyball- English Teacher

Collins-Soccer- English Teacher

At least have proper facts before you post crap on here

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BEST THING SV EVER DID WAS REMOVE COOK FROM THE PROGRAM, WORST MISTAKE BINGHAMTON DID WAS LET HIM BACK IN. HE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT ON AND OFF THE FIELD, SWEARS AT THE KIDS, TRIES TO TOTAL INDIMIDATE THE KIDS, DOES NOT PUSH FOR GRADES, AND HONESTLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS ONLY HIS EGO!!!!!

He was the Coach,and he coached. LET THE TEACHERS,THE PARENTS,THE COUNSELORS TEACH.if the child wants to learn.

Guest Mike White

Stop Bashing Cook. He is a winner. plain and simple. His softball teams have more state champoinships than most schools have in total all sports. The list is a long of the girls that he helped get scholarships for.

Cal Rucker had some haters also .... But it sure was fun when the football program was winning.

Parents have way too much of a voice at SV... Go to a game(baseball,softball, football) and see all the parents trying to overcoach there kid during the game. That shouldnt be tolerated by parents. They always blame everything on the coachs. Well after you have gone through several you might want to take a look at little Johnny who is small and slow? Just saying???

Stop Bashing Cook. He is a winner. plain and simple. His softball teams have more state champoinships than most schools have in total all sports. The list is a long of the girls that he helped get scholarships for.

Cal Rucker had some haters also .... But it sure was fun when the football program was winning.

Parents have way too much of a voice at SV... Go to a game(baseball,softball, football) and see all the parents trying to overcoach there kid during the game. That shouldnt be tolerated by parents. They always blame everything on the coachs. Well after you have gone through several you might want to take a look at little Johnny who is small and slow? Just saying???

yes, it's very impressive to coach girl's softball. each year he had a pitcher who could throw a no hitter almost every game. that's great coaching and quite a sport. what a joke.

Dale Cook was the best thing that ever happened to good ol' SV. Love him or hate him, he WON and had his boys, and girls teams firing on all cylinders. I dont think 3 state titles in softball and an appearance in the section iv title game vs. bing(boys bball) tell lies...and they might've won if that little guard didnt shatter his ankle in that game. if it weren't for certain p*ssies at the school he'd still be there, and MARK my words...they'd have been competing, if not winning all this time....P*SSIES that cant handle a tough, old school coach! Only at f*uckin SV:/ end rant.

Dale Cook was the best thing that ever happened to good ol' SV. Love him or hate him, he WON and had his boys, and girls teams firing on all cylinders. I dont think 3 state titles in softball and an appearance in the section iv title game vs. bing(boys bball) tell lies...and they might've won if that little guard didnt shatter his ankle in that game. if it weren't for certain p*ssies at the school he'd still be there, and MARK my words...they'd have been competing, if not winning all this time....P*SSIES that cant handle a tough, old school coach! Only at f*uckin SV:/ end rant.

Lets see Cook was fired from SV, let go from lacrosse and no also told resign or be let go from softball at Bing. I am sensing a pattern here and its not about SV, its about a man who crosses the line in his actions with HS athletes. He's still the only coach I know that as had to call police multiple times to handle issues that he created at HS games with parents and players

Guest SV Fan

1.) SV Youth football ( STYFC, which DOES use STAC officials) has dominated the league since it entered 7 years ago. Check the records.

2.) SV 8th modified last year went undefeated and gave only up 2 TDs in the last game to CF. (This team is the first to go thru a full program at the youth level). 7th mod. only lost to Vestal. So in a year or two look for good things in SV varsity.

3.) SV wrestling has always been above a .500 team. Not great, but getting better. There is a host of young talent and new coaches to lead them. They also have a trio of brothers coming up, one who is already on varsity,they look like they can have sectional/state title aspirations. SV wrestling also has better JV numbers than almost every other school. Most including CF, JC, Greene, or BGA can't even field a couple of JVers.

4.) Those good young mod. players that wrestle and play football, oh yeah, they play baseball too. And that looks good for the near future.

5.) There are many people working to change the SV persona. We know what it has been. We know what it can be.

Guest get real

It goes in cycles. SV will be back soon enough. Football & Basketball both (but it won't be next year - looking at 2-3 years before the the cycle runs it's course).

Both programs not strong enough to produce consistent winners at this point (ala Forks in Football & Norwich in Hoops).

Youth Football does seem to be headed in the right direction though - much stronger than it has been in recent memory.

Unfortunately, SV may never be back. After this flood who'd be dumb enough to buy a house there and with all the tax base they'll lose they may go broke.

BEST THING SV EVER DID WAS REMOVE COOK FROM THE PROGRAM, WORST MISTAKE BINGHAMTON DID WAS LET HIM BACK IN. HE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT ON AND OFF THE FIELD, SWEARS AT THE KIDS, TRIES TO TOTAL INDIMIDATE THE KIDS, DOES NOT PUSH FOR GRADES, AND HONESTLY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS ONLY HIS EGO!!!!!

Hey "Benjamin" - Get your facts straight before foaming at the mouth! Look at Coach Cook's track record of those Softball Players who played for him, while he guided "MULTIPLE" teams at SV to "Multipe" State Softball Championships. A "very large" number of former players went on to attend (and some actually played) at MAJOR DIVISION 1, 2 and 3 Collegiate Softball Programs, finishing up with 4 year college degrees (actually a few are currently teaching and coaching at the High School Level today). BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT SV HAS EVER DONE IN THEIR INTERSCHOLASTIC PROGRAM WAS TO LET COACH COOK LEAVE. Yes, is he an "Old School" Coach who demands and expect 110% on and off the field and let's the kid have some "Tough Love" along the way? You bet and I would bet if you polled all of the kids who played for him, about 96% of them would say that it made them better people "on and off the field". He is a educator who understands and "preaches" that it is ACADEMICS then ATHLETICS. So "Big Ben" go meet up with those parents who are now crying in their "Chicken Speedee Soup" at SV, wanting to know where the glory days of SV Softball Greatness has gone? Well, I would bet that the names on those signs that hang on the backstops at the Softball Fields at SVHS will be long and faded before SVHS sees another State Championship. PERIOD !

yes, it's very impressive to coach girl's softball. each year he had a pitcher who could throw a no hitter almost every game. that's great coaching and quite a sport. what a joke.

And you knucklehead, go try coaching softball and win like Coach Cook did. If you believe that HS Fastpitch Softball is all about having an ACE PITCHER, in order to win championships, then you must be drinking the water from the Susquehanna River, because it has gone to your brain

Hey "Benjamin" - Get your facts straight before foaming at the mouth! Look at Coach Cook's track record of those Softball Players who played for him, while he guided "MULTIPLE" teams at SV to "Multipe" State Softball Championships. A "very large" number of former players went on to attend (and some actually played) at MAJOR DIVISION 1, 2 and 3 Collegiate Softball Programs, finishing up with 4 year college degrees (actually a few are currently teaching and coaching at the High School Level today). BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT SV HAS EVER DONE IN THEIR INTERSCHOLASTIC PROGRAM WAS TO LET COACH COOK LEAVE. Yes, is he an "Old School" Coach who demands and expect 110% on and off the field and let's the kid have some "Tough Love" along the way? You bet and I would bet if you polled all of the kids who played for him, about 96% of them would say that it made them better people "on and off the field". He is a educator who understands and "preaches" that it is ACADEMICS then ATHLETICS. So "Big Ben" go meet up with those parents who are now crying in their "Chicken Speedee Soup" at SV, wanting to know where the glory days of SV Softball Greatness has gone? Well, I would bet that the names on those signs that hang on the backstops at the Softball Fields at SVHS will be long and faded before SVHS sees another State Championship. PERIOD !

I'll say this slowly for you again Cook has now been fired twice by Binghamton from coaching jobs for his conduct. He was let go of two jobs at SV because of his conduct. He does not understand the "educational" role of athletics in HS and thats why he has been fired.

FYI last year SV was a division champ and had a soild team without a coach who verbally abuses her players

And you knucklehead, go try coaching softball and win like Coach Cook did. If you believe that HS Fastpitch Softball is all about having an ACE PITCHER, in order to win championships, then you must be drinking the water from the Susquehanna River, because it has gone to your brain

Then why didn't he ever win at Binghamton? the answer is he didn't have an ace on the mound and yes everyone knows that is what you need to win in HS softball. Show me 1 local state champ that doesn't have a Div 1 player at that spot.

Lets see Cook was fired from SV, let go from lacrosse and no also told resign or be let go from softball at Bing. I am sensing a pattern here and its not about SV, its about a man who crosses the line in his actions with HS athletes. He's still the only coach I know that as had to call police multiple times to handle issues that he created at HS games with parents and players

Wrong again! He was never "Fired" from SV, he was not re-hired as boys basketball coach, because some parents were upset at his coaching style. Gee, when was SV ever as good in Boys Hoops since he left? He did not get fired from SV Softball, he chose not to return. He decided to step down at Binghamton HS as Varsity Softball Coach and he was NOT FIRED at BHS. Sadly, parents at these schools simply can't get it through they THICK SKULLS that if left alone and allowed to coach and if those "Prima-Donna" kids who cannot commit to his programs 110% (meaning being at EVERY PRACTICE and being at EVERY GAME, which is what giving a "commitment" is all about) are left to just quit and left to going out to 11 PM every night drinking beer and getting into trouble, maybe, just maybe, more kids, like those who played for him on those programs in the past at SV would make something of themselves and more championships would be had at SVHS

Guest ymoorde soc.

I'll say this slowly for you again Cook has now been fired twice by Binghamton from coaching jobs for his conduct. He was let go of two jobs at SV because of his conduct. He does not understand the "educational" role of athletics in HS and thats why he has been fired.

FYI last year SV was a division champ and had a soild team without a coach who verbally abuses her players

Again, understand the FACTS!!! He was NOT fired at Binghamton, he steped down as Softball Coach this year. It has NOTHING to do as it relates to his conduct. If your daughter can't take the heat, get the heck out of the fire, because those former student/athletes who were able to stand the fire, to a person, would tell you that they are better people today (not just athletes) for it.

PS - Gee, SV won a division last year and their coach (Sax) "Resigned" to take another job !! (Gee, wonder why she didn't stay with the program or was she fired too??? [fact is that Sax got another position within an other educuational instititution that would improve her professional career - at least I post the facts on here before typing)

Then why didn't he ever win at Binghamton? the answer is he didn't have an ace on the mound and yes everyone knows that is what you need to win in HS softball. Show me 1 local state champ that doesn't have a Div 1 player at that spot.

Last years Windsor HS Team (Their pitcher is NOT playing or attending a MAJOR D-1 Collegiate Softball Program this year)

By the way, Binghamton did win a Section 4 Championship Team while he recently coached at BHS. Remember, if you don't get the quality athletes to come out AND COMMIT to a program and have the support of the parents (who stand behind their coach, no matter what), you will have a very difficult time winning.

Last years Windsor HS Team (Their pitcher is NOT playing or attending a MAJOR D-1 Collegiate Softball Program this year)

By the way, Binghamton did win a Section 4 Championship Team while he recently coached at BHS. Remember, if you don't get the quality athletes to come out AND COMMIT to a program and have the support of the parents (who stand behind their coach, no matter what), you will have a very difficult time winning.

No he didn't J. Seeborg was the coach the year they won the Section 4 title, Cook took over and achieved less with more talent.

Cara Martin was a pitcher leading Windsor to the crown and hmmm

http://www.gorhody.c.../120910aaa.html

yep thats her at a Div 1 program commit list.

Rhode Island

No he didn't J. Seeborg was the coach the year they won the Section 4 title, Cook took over and achieved less with more talent.

Cara Martin was a pitcher leading Windsor to the crown and hmmm

http://www.gorhody.c.../120910aaa.html

yep thats her at a Div 1 program commit list.

?????

Rhode Island University (great school by the way) is NOT considered to be a Major D-1 Softball Program (sorry to burst your bubble)

And Binghamton HS did capture anotherh Section 4 Class AA title after John Seeborg retired (although just 1)

Where do you get this? My daughter has gone to his camps and loved it. You cannot win championships by intimidation. What I heard was the only tough athletes at SV are the women. The boys at SV couldn't handle the work ethic he demanded. Obviously true which is why SV teams are not good.

Where do you get this? My daughter has gone to his camps and loved it. You cannot win championships by intimidation. What I heard was the only tough athletes at SV are the women. The boys at SV couldn't handle the work ethic he demanded. Obviously true which is why SV teams are not good.

If Coach Cook has such a HORRIBLE reputation for his coaching style (yelling, humiliating kids, calling and singling them out, and just being a terrible mentor for kids), then I guess NO ONE would be attending his Softball Clinics and he would just simply go away? But, his Softball Camps continue to thrieve and kids continue to want to go there. His Coaching Sytle, coaching and teaching kids at SVHS or at BHS, or on the Conklin Raiders or at his Coaching Camps is THE SAME. Again, if he was SOOOO HORRIBLE, no one would bother being coached or taught by him. LOOK AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS he was WON while coaching at SVHS. Look at the National Recognition the man has achieved by coaching summer ball. I just plain think that some parents, whose daughters don't get the starting position, or wants to skip practice to go on vacation, or just can't toughen up and continue to work harder, after Coach Cook drills what needs to be done, into that person's head, instead of going off to mommy and daddy to whine and complain, just need let Coaches Coach and STAY OUT OF IT

If Coach Cook has such a HORRIBLE reputation for his coaching style (yelling, humiliating kids, calling and singling them out, and just being a terrible mentor for kids), then I guess NO ONE would be attending his Softball Clinics and he would just simply go away? But, his Softball Camps continue to thrieve and kids continue to want to go there. His Coaching Sytle, coaching and teaching kids at SVHS or at BHS, or on the Conklin Raiders or at his Coaching Camps is THE SAME. Again, if he was SOOOO HORRIBLE, no one would bother being coached or taught by him. LOOK AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS he was WON while coaching at SVHS. Look at the National Recognition the man has achieved by coaching summer ball. I just plain think that some parents, whose daughters don't get the starting position, or wants to skip practice to go on vacation, or just can't toughen up and continue to work harder, after Coach Cook drills what needs to be done, into that person's head, instead of going off to mommy and daddy to whine and complain, just need let Coaches Coach and STAY OUT OF IT

I will enter into the fray about cook because I personally was present when he called a player that at the time was playing for an opposing school but did also play for the Raiders "Fat". I quote it becase that is exactly what he said. You can try to twist it as I am sure based on your defense of cook you will but I have a news flash for you. If that young lady had decided to make the Binghamton district aware of this comment cook made while at an offical school event he would have been disiplined to some degree.. For an adult to call a young person anything, let alone a young woman with body image issues "Fat" borders on criminal I have seen firsthand the effects of eating disorders and I can tell you cook is an egomaniac that should not be around young people. Parents that pay for this man to abuse their children should let go of the dreams they have for their children and ask themselves would I take this treatment at work or anywhere for that matter. Ask the Halaquist girl what she thinks of cook.

I will enter into the fray about cook because I personally was present when he called a player that at the time was playing for an opposing school but did also play for the Raiders "Fat". I quote it becase that is exactly what he said. You can try to twist it as I am sure based on your defense of cook you will but I have a news flash for you. If that young lady had decided to make the Binghamton district aware of this comment cook made while at an offical school event he would have been disiplined to some degree.. For an adult to call a young person anything, let alone a young woman with body image issues "Fat" borders on criminal I have seen firsthand the effects of eating disorders and I can tell you cook is an egomaniac that should not be around young people. Parents that pay for this man to abuse their children should let go of the dreams they have for their children and ask themselves would I take this treatment at work or anywhere for that matter. Ask the Halaquist girl what she thinks of cook.

I was also there, and as a parent of another player (playing for him at that game), he yelled at the girl to move her "fat arsp" (if you know what I mean) as he was trying to get her to play harder (and up to her capabilities). Yes, this players also played for her on his Raiders Team. Again, you may (and have the right to) question his on and off field comments, but these kids need to toughen up. I have heard him call out my daughter for having "two right feet" in front of all of her teammates and opposing players, but I knew it was to my daughter long term development, as a player and as a person, that he do this. People need to lighen up on Coach Cook and appreciate the accomplishments the man has made and the gifts he has provided to the young girls he has coached.

I was also there, and as a parent of another player (playing for him at that game), he yelled at the girl to move her "fat arsp" (if you know what I mean) as he was trying to get her to play harder (and up to her capabilities). Yes, this players also played for her on his Raiders Team. Again, you may (and have the right to) question his on and off field comments, but these kids need to toughen up. I have heard him call out my daughter for having "two right feet" in front of all of her teammates and opposing players, but I knew it was to my daughter long term development, as a player and as a person, that he do this. People need to lighen up on Coach Cook and appreciate the accomplishments the man has made and the gifts he has provided to the young girls he has coached.

Listen to me stop with the idiocy cook called a girl from the opposing school fat to her face as she walked between a small fenced opening, defend that...

Guest pitchers mom
. Ask the Halaquist girl what she thinks of cook.

She was my daughter's instructor at Cook's camp this summer... if he was that bad, why was she there?

1.) SV Youth football ( STYFC, which DOES use STAC officials) has dominated the league since it entered 7 years ago. Check the records.

2.) SV 8th modified last year went undefeated and gave only up 2 TDs in the last game to CF. (This team is the first to go thru a full program at the youth level). 7th mod. only lost to Vestal. So in a year or two look for good things in SV varsity.

SV has dominated the league because they do not focus on the kids but on winning only. To hold parent meetings and say do not expect your kid to play much if he is not the star is ridiculous at a youth level. This is the first year they have fielded more than one team at a level, and then only the B team, not hard to win if you have 40-50 kids on a team

Yes it can make a cohesive team, hopefully they dont all level out during JV

She was my daughter's instructor at Cook's camp this summer... if he was that bad, why was she there?

I said to ask her you ignorant slob. Oh wait I shouldn't have typed that it may have offended you. Oh wait you just need to suck it up and get tougher. What is it with you defending cook, After his meltdown screaming session in which he berated the Halaquist girl he was told in front of the public attending the tournament by the tournament director that if he ever shows a display of that kind again he would never be allowed to enter the tournament again. He gets very personal and attacks physical as well as mental attributes of his players. So if the first words I typed do not offend you then I guess you would think cook is a good guy.

Archived