World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Guest Guest
I didn't quote you so it isn't all about you Joseph.

Just addressing the "Boring" argument.

Settle down big guy.

Considering the Americans have one goal, and it was more or less scored by the other team's goalie to tie 1-1, I'd say that's boring.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Top Ten Reasons Americans Don't Like Soccer

10.Too many foreigners

9.Loud horns make it hard to nap through boring parts

8.Bench clearing brawls not as much fun without bats or sticks

7.No theme song asking if we are ready for some soccer

6.Not enough 'roids

5.Lots of players with umlauts in their names

4.Americans too busy reading

3.Doesn't have the heart-pounding action of a 5-hour baseball game

2.No TV timeouts means fewer snack breaks to stuff our fat faces

1.Too much kicking, not enough rasslin'

Not once did I contradict myself. I'd put on my NY Red Bulls jacket but some gay kid with a Bon Jovi haircut bought the only one the salvation army had.

Typical locker room retort from the meathead gallery.

I post why America has a problem with soccer and you call Prince Fielder fat.

Sweet.

You really just don't know what you are talking about.

QB's cry and stomp their feet?? But you love it.

Football players should put down soccer players? Nice.

You said you don't know if the Yankees were the best team in the world last year, but

then go on to say there is no doubt the Saints were World Champions?? That logic really flows.

Jake Long and his googled stats, thanks.

You proved my post to be true.

American's enjoy a reflection of their own personal traits and lives.

Here we have a Football advocate calling the athlete's on the field babies and

talking about how the "HOGS" are the best athletes in the NFL again.

Oh yeah, the gay thing............

Lots of gay guys probably want you and want to do gay things to you because

you are a man's man. Wear your Rothlesburger jacket to bed big guy.

Top Ten Reasons Americans Don't Like Soccer

10.Too many foreigners

9.Loud horns make it hard to nap through boring parts

8.Bench clearing brawls not as much fun without bats or sticks

7.No theme song asking if we are ready for some soccer

6.Not enough 'roids

5.Lots of players with umlauts in their names

4.Americans too busy reading

3.Doesn't have the heart-pounding action of a 5-hour baseball game

2.No TV timeouts means fewer snack breaks to stuff our fat faces

1.Too much kicking, not enough rasslin'

Nice compilation.

Guest Bob Costas

It is kinda cool when the players enter the stadium holding the hands of the cute little kids and you start to hear that buzzing sound. After that it's pretty much downhill, but the intros are cool.

Guest Guest

Sounds like Bucky and his fellows have a bit of a man crush on Beckham and Landon Donovan. Maybe the Buckster is getting some orthodontic work done and getting in touch with his metrosexual side.

seriously, just because the game is a Euro-trash favorite doesn't mean it is intrinsically better than our original, American games. Remember, Europeans thought Trainspotting was good.

It's boring. Everyone knows that. you just try to play the "I'm so much more sophisticated than you" angle to start a ad hominem attack battle to deflect from the abject boredom you feel sitting through one of these. All you soccer purists are the same

If they want to make it better, put another ball or two on the field. Dig some holes in the pitch. May the girls play topless. now we are getting somewhere

Guest Mike Piazza

I'm not a gay man but you have to admit those young soccer players are in great shape and probably have extraordinary stamina.

Guest Guest
Lastly, football was invented in america. I thought baseball was too? Correct? That's taken off in other countries. Football is tried by many other countries too. They just can't compete with the americans. MLB's baseball calls their best team the World Series winner. Is that really the world's best team? I don't know. At least the NFL can call themselves world champions if they win the super bowl. Soccer players want respect for their sport because it's played all over the world. Why? I live in the great USA. If I move to Argentina or South Africa maybe I'll watch a game. Until then I'll take watching Peyton Manning over Pele any day of the week!

1. Football is not tried by many other countries, it has pretty much failed everywhere that it has been introduced. Try to find NFL Europe, or whatever it was last called. The Europeans did not like the game, and they show up for the once a year spectacle games just to see what the event is. Most other nations totally reject the game. Rugby and Australian Rules are both games that are preferred and both games came around before American Football. Here's a quote from a top rugby player on the worlds view of the NFL and our game -"Rugby for pussies: That's what he and his teammates call American football". They don't respect stopping every 5 seconds to rest for 30 seconds, they want constant action and the pads don't impress them. They do view our linemen fat overweight guys sorry but its the world view of the game. Jake Long would not last a full match in Rugby, he does not have near the endurance needed.

2. Its been proven time and time again that many other nation are on par or better than the USA in baseball. We have more players in MLB, but thats because its our league. Just look around the league to see if we dominate anymore. Games best contact hitter- Ichiro-Japan, Best power hitter- Pujols-Dominican Republic, Best Reliever- Rivera-Panama, Best Starter- Jiminez-Dominican Republic. We still have good players but we are far from dominant. MLB can claim the World Series champ because other countries send their best to our league and it is recognized as the top place to play the game. When the best players in the world are all in one spot, yes you can call that champ the best in the world.

3. I agree that while I live in the USA I have to give credit and Football, Basketball and Baseball are the big three. But we live in changing times and the world is smaller than ever and it is the worlds game. You don't have to watch it, but like it or not more and more people are starting to watch it and its here to stay. Each World Cup the coverage is more and more, plus the foreign leagues are getting more coverage here all the time. ESPN has a 5 year deal to cover the English Premier League with live games weekly, they were on every Saturday in case you missed all the commercials.

Guest FIFA Freddie

THE REAL TRUTH : America's youth / 20 somethings have been drawn into the sport largely because of Play Station "FIFA" Soccer's popularity. Their familarity with the names of the players, etc is derived from that more so than any other factor.

I guess that makes it another sad commentary on the youth of America.

Hell - I'll watch it. Go - USA !!! RAH-RAH-RAH !!! WHOPEEE !!! Not much else on ...

It's no replacement for Play Station FIFA though.

Guest Guest

let's see, a sport where no hands and arms can be used, which obviously eliminates any hand eye coordination skills that are needed. the big three require all aspects of athleticism. hand eye could be the hardest skill of all. and the big 3 require just as much running and foot skills as soccer. so how is there any argument about what takes a better athlete? no hand eye equals no argument.

no hand eye equals no argument.

Your math sucks.

Foot eye coordination is much more difficult to develop than hand eye.

Biomechanically the foot is farther away from the body's center of gravity.

Stop making things up.

Guest Guest
let's see, a sport where no hands and arms can be used, which obviously eliminates any hand eye coordination skills that are needed. the big three require all aspects of athleticism. hand eye could be the hardest skill of all. and the big 3 require just as much running and foot skills as soccer. so how is there any argument about what takes a better athlete? no hand eye equals no argument.

Did you honestly just say that baseball requires as much running and footskills as soccer? Your argument lost all credibility at that point.

Guest Guest
Did you honestly just say that baseball requires as much running and footskills as soccer? Your argument lost all credibility at that point.

actually, i meant to say the big 4 require more footskills than soccer (while they apply hand eye as well). sorry to confuse you. other than running alot for no reason, soccer players have no skills. soccer is not a hard sport to play.

Guest Guest

which is why third world countries are able to compete with the big boys. It doesn't require alot to play soccer - basically a ball and a field. Make-shift goals can be constructed easilly. The shear difficulty in scoring gives the less talented team at least a fighting chance. Not saying that's a bad thing - just difficult to watch for extended periods of time.

actually, i meant to say the big 4 require more footskills than soccer (while they apply hand eye as well). sorry to confuse you. other than running alot for no reason, soccer players have no skills. soccer is not a hard sport to play.

Even a moron can't honestly believe that.

Guest Guest

I bet Babe Ruth would've been a great soccer player!

Guest Guest

I'd be willing to bet that John Kruk hasn't run 90 minutes in his LIFE!!!

Guest Guest
1. Football is not tried by many other countries, it has pretty much failed everywhere that it has been introduced. Try to find NFL Europe, or whatever it was last called. The Europeans did not like the game, and they show up for the once a year spectacle games just to see what the event is. Most other nations totally reject the game. Rugby and Australian Rules are both games that are preferred and both games came around before American Football. Here's a quote from a top rugby player on the worlds view of the NFL and our game -"Rugby for pussies: That's what he and his teammates call American football". They don't respect stopping every 5 seconds to rest for 30 seconds, they want constant action and the pads don't impress them. They do view our linemen fat overweight guys sorry but its the world view of the game. Jake Long would not last a full match in Rugby, he does not have near the endurance needed.

2. Its been proven time and time again that many other nation are on par or better than the USA in baseball. We have more players in MLB, but thats because its our league. Just look around the league to see if we dominate anymore. Games best contact hitter- Ichiro-Japan, Best power hitter- Pujols-Dominican Republic, Best Reliever- Rivera-Panama, Best Starter- Jiminez-Dominican Republic. We still have good players but we are far from dominant. MLB can claim the World Series champ because other countries send their best to our league and it is recognized as the top place to play the game. When the best players in the world are all in one spot, yes you can call that champ the best in the world.

3. I agree that while I live in the USA I have to give credit and Football, Basketball and Baseball are the big three. But we live in changing times and the world is smaller than ever and it is the worlds game. You don't have to watch it, but like it or not more and more people are starting to watch it and its here to stay. Each World Cup the coverage is more and more, plus the foreign leagues are getting more coverage here all the time. ESPN has a 5 year deal to cover the English Premier League with live games weekly, they were on every Saturday in case you missed all the commercials.

1. Where did you get your information from? NFL Europe was played by american men that couldn't make the NFL. Not by Europeans you idiot. If it's "rejected" by most nations, then why does every nation watch the Super Bowl? Name ONE rugby player? I'll bet you can't because football is much more popular than rugby. If this rugby player is so tough have him try the "rugby for pussies!" Nice telling me Jake Long can't play rugby. Why would he want to? The 5 seconds on, 30 seconds off, has been argued countless times on here. That's what the game is. You can't do something that requires that kind of anaerobic activity for extended periods of time. If you want to call soccer aerobic, go ahead, then you are comparing apples to oranges. BTW, there was actually an american Jr. Football Tournament held. If you want to say that other countries don't try it, go ahead. The results are not surprising...

http://www.usafootball.com/jwc/tournament/team/france

2. Agree until your last line. Can you tell me that there is no other team in the world that can't beat the World Series winner? Unless you've been to Japan and wherever else, you can't, so shut it.

3. Changing times? Smaller world? What's changing? The networks trying to force feed soccer to america? Give me a break. They have a 1-1 tie and the other team's goalie scored their goal. What more do I need to know. Here to stay? Good, have the 7:00 am time slot, see if I care!

Guest Guest
Typical locker room retort from the meathead gallery.

I post why America has a problem with soccer and you call Prince Fielder fat.

Sweet.

You really just don't know what you are talking about.

QB's cry and stomp their feet?? But you love it.

Football players should put down soccer players? Nice.

You said you don't know if the Yankees were the best team in the world last year, but

then go on to say there is no doubt the Saints were World Champions?? That logic really flows.

Jake Long and his googled stats, thanks.

You proved my post to be true.

American's enjoy a reflection of their own personal traits and lives.

Here we have a Football advocate calling the athlete's on the field babies and

talking about how the "HOGS" are the best athletes in the NFL again.

Oh yeah, the gay thing............

Lots of gay guys probably want you and want to do gay things to you because

you are a man's man. Wear your Rothlesburger jacket to bed big guy.

Actually I compared football to wrestling and you had no response! If you go back and read I was comparing the QB to the light weights. Never said I liked it. I was FORCED to watch a soccer game this morning and you want to talk about stomping their feet and crying, wow, the team from Chile complained about everything. One guy laid on the field and I thought he was dead. They replayed what happened and I think he was faking. Nothing happened!

I had to google Jake Long's stats, I didn't have his phone number to call him!

Never said that the "hogs" were the best athletes in the NFL. They were, however, good at what they did.

Don't own a Roethlisberger jacket. I do own a DC United jacket but had to stop wearing it because too many guys kept trying to pick me up!

Guest Guest
Your math sucks.

Foot eye coordination is much more difficult to develop than hand eye.

Biomechanically the foot is farther away from the body's center of gravity.

Stop making things up.

if you read the post, and didn't take it out of context, you would see that i said you can't be a complete athlete without hand eye. the true athletes have both and use them at the same time. pretty complicated.

Guest Guest
if you read the post, and didn't take it out of context, you would see that i said you can't be a complete athlete without hand eye. the true athletes have both and use them at the same time. pretty complicated.

What if said athlete has a rotator cuff injury. Does that make him incomplete?

Guest Guest
What if said athlete has a rotator cuff injury. Does that make him incomplete?

all out of ammo again, huh? when you and your buddies resort to that, that is your surrender flag. i see it quite often, after you have lost the topic debate.

Actually I compared football to wrestling and you had no response! If you go back and read I was comparing the QB to the light weights. Never said I liked it. I was FORCED to watch a soccer game this morning and you want to talk about stomping their feet and crying, wow, the team from Chile complained about everything. One guy laid on the field and I thought he was dead. They replayed what happened and I think he was faking. Nothing happened!

I had to google Jake Long's stats, I didn't have his phone number to call him!

Never said that the "hogs" were the best athletes in the NFL. They were, however, good at what they did.

Don't own a Roethlisberger jacket. I do own a DC United jacket but had to stop wearing it because too many guys kept trying to pick me up!

Not sure what wrestling has to do with football and in turn has to do with Soccer.

The senseless rambling lost me there.

Back to the gay thing again, huh?? More ass snappin tomfoolery in the locker room mentality.

The cavemen from GEICO called and asked if you would evolve.

Let's go back and take a look at your post.

"hand eye could be the hardest skill of all"

Wrong. Foot Eye is. Anyone who is educated in Biomechanics or Physiology could tell you that.

The big 3 don't always incorporate Foot Eye. Baseball requires no foot eye skills.

Basketball requires some and Football requires some as well.

Football barely requires Hand Eye. If you aren't the QB or WR you don't even need it. Sure it helps and

many of the top pros have it but the average Football player couldn't catch a cold.

"and all of the big 3 require just as much running and foot skills as soccer"No. You can't be that retarded.

Baseball requires absolutely no running as it relates to any type of conditioning let alone combining

foot skills with fatigue.

Football requires running but in a short burst explosive manner. They also get recovery. Besides the RB's, CB's/S, WR, Kickers and QB's the foot skills needed to play the game are minimal. You run and tackle the guy, you run to block the guy, you run after the QB/whoever has the ball.

Basketball is the most comparable of the Big 3. There are no direct foot eye skills necessary just similar agility with the athlete's feet to be successful.

"so how is there any argument about what takes a better athlete? no hand eye equals no argument."

That is your idiotic opinion.

You may have been able to compete in a sport somewhere in your life but don't think that equates to

having any type of clue about athletics in general, because you don't.

Guest Guest
Not sure what wrestling has to do with football and in turn has to do with Soccer.

The senseless rambling lost me there.

Back to the gay thing again, huh?? More ass snappin tomfoolery in the locker room mentality.

The cavemen from GEICO called and asked if you would evolve.

I would like to chime in. As a HUGE sports fan I have come to respect "football" enormously. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy American football more but the world's sport is football (soccer). Most of the world except Canada, US, the Carribean football is king. IF you really watch the game- which is neat becasue there is contunous action- those athletes are so gifted it is not even funny. All ten guys - not including the goalie here can kick the ball 50 yds and hit a guy in stride. You have 10 QB's on the field. Have been to amny NFL games, NBA games, NHL hockey games- but the best sporting even I eve went to was the world cup when it was here in 94. To say that football is boring? please baseball is by far more boring to someone who does not know the sport. Soccer is numbe 1 in the world for a reason.

Archived