World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Guest Guest
actually, i meant to say the big 4 require more footskills than soccer (while they apply hand eye as well). sorry to confuse you. other than running alot for no reason, soccer players have no skills. soccer is not a hard sport to play.

You obviously have no idea what foot-eye coordination or footskill is if you believe that. There is no footskill in baseball at all. There is agility and lateral movement with minimal running. But there is no comparable footskill to soccer or any other sport that requires you to constantly focus on where your feet are to use them. Hockey is the only sport close to using their feet with the skill and ability of soccer.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ted Williams

Just my 2 cents here:

Different sports require different hand/eye coordination:

Baseball is the hardest sport of all. You have to hit a round small moving ball with a round bat, squarely.

Guest Guest
Just my 2 cents here:

Different sports require different hand/eye coordination:

Baseball is the hardest sport of all. You have to hit a round small moving ball with a round bat, squarely.

Try hockey for the true difficulty, you are hitting a harder smaller moving object while skating and with other players hitting you at the same time.

Guest Guest
I would like to chime in. As a HUGE sports fan I have come to respect "football" enormously. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy American football more but the world's sport is football (soccer). Most of the world except Canada, US, the Carribean football is king. IF you really watch the game- which is neat becasue there is contunous action- those athletes are so gifted it is not even funny. All ten guys - not including the goalie here can kick the ball 50 yds and hit a guy in stride. You have 10 QB's on the field. Have been to amny NFL games, NBA games, NHL hockey games- but the best sporting even I eve went to was the world cup when it was here in 94. To say that football is boring? please baseball is by far more boring to someone who does not know the sport. Soccer is numbe 1 in the world for a reason.

Once again. Another guy that wants to tell everybody that soccer is the world's sport. Whatever. You then speak of continuous action. Well, I did watch some and your continuous action was a 1-0 game with the announcers saying that the players are too tired to get any offense together. These are so gifted? Gifted at what? Kicking a ball?? 10 QB's on the field? Fail to see the comparison. I agree that baseball is boring, never said it wasn't. Soccer and hockey are just as boring to me. You go on to say that soccer is number one for a reason. You have failed to mention why you think it is? If it truly is the number one sport I'd take a stab at why...ANYBODY can play it. Boys, girls, athletes, non-athletes, etc. Need I say more.

Guest Guest

I like that soccer announcer who says, "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!" everytime a player scores. Probably the only reason to watch.

Guest Guest
You said you don't know if the Yankees were the best team in the world last year, but

then go on to say there is no doubt the Saints were World Champions?? That logic really flows.

Simply stated, how many foreign born players are in the NFL? You can probably count them on one hand. How many are there in MLB? I'd say at least a third. Heck, most of them still live out of the US in the off season. I'd say my logic flows very well.

Guest Guest

Tim Howard - England

Steve Cherundolo - Germany

Jay DeMerit - Free Agent

Oguchi Onyewu - Milan

Carlos Bocanegra - France

Landon Donovan - LA Galaxy *

Ricardo Clark - Germany

Michael Bradley - Germany

Clint Dempsey - England

Robbie Findley - Real Salt Lake *

Jozy Altidore - Spain

Googled our starting team in S. Africa this year. Two of the eleven are actually playing in the US. Eight others are over seas and one's a free agent. Ya, soccer is HUGE in the United States isn't it!!!!

Tim Howard - England

Steve Cherundolo - Germany

Jay DeMerit - Free Agent

Oguchi Onyewu - Milan

Carlos Bocanegra - France

Landon Donovan - LA Galaxy *

Ricardo Clark - Germany

Michael Bradley - Germany

Clint Dempsey - England

Robbie Findley - Real Salt Lake *

Jozy Altidore - Spain

Googled our starting team in S. Africa this year. Two of the eleven are actually playing in the US. Eight others are over seas and one's a free agent. Ya, soccer is HUGE in the United States isn't it!!!!

Reading Comprehension isn't your strong point I take it.

No one is debating the following:

1. Football is King in the US. It is the most followed and promoted sport in the country.

2. Soccer isn't huge as a sport in our country above the youth level.

The thread is an attempt to explain why it isn't as popular here and compare the athleticism required to successful

at any sport.

God bless the internet. It is like a jet ski. Any idiot can sit on it and push the throttle. Some hit bouys.

Guest Guest
Reading Comprehension isn't your strong point I take it.

No one is debating the following:

1. Football is King in the US. It is the most followed and promoted sport in the country.

2. Soccer isn't huge as a sport in our country above the youth level.

The thread is an attempt to explain why it isn't as popular here and compare the athleticism required to successful

at any sport.

God bless the internet. It is like a jet ski. Any idiot can sit on it and push the throttle. Some hit bouys.

Enough of the excuses. The NFL is promoted more? That's why it's King in the US? Interesting. The NFL doesn't have to promote. The game promotes itself. As a matter of fact, if I see one more soccer comercial this week I think I'll break something. I understand that it's FIFA time. But EVERY commercial has to try and promote it? Not once have I been sitting around in the fall and had to watch a football player in every commercial and the network reminding me that the Bills or Jets play at 1:00!!! Promoted? I don't think so...

The internet = technology. Not everybody can pull stats out of their tail pipes like you and 27 x champ and expect people to believe them.

Enough of the excuses. The NFL is promoted more? That's why it's King in the US? Interesting. The NFL doesn't have to promote. The game promotes itself. As a matter of fact, if I see one more soccer comercial this week I think I'll break something. I understand that it's FIFA time. But EVERY commercial has to try and promote it? Not once have I been sitting around in the fall and had to watch a football player in every commercial and the network reminding me that the Bills or Jets play at 1:00!!! Promoted? I don't think so...

The internet = technology. Not everybody can pull stats out of their tail pipes like you and 27 x champ and expect people to believe them.

The NFL is not promoted in this country?? That is your point??

Do you watch TV?

Next time a FIFA commercial is on break your neck and do society a favor.

Guest Guest
Let's go back and take a look at your post.

"hand eye could be the hardest skill of all"

Wrong. Foot Eye is. Anyone who is educated in Biomechanics or Physiology could tell you that.

The big 3 don't always incorporate Foot Eye. Baseball requires no foot eye skills.

Basketball requires some and Football requires some as well.

Football barely requires Hand Eye. If you aren't the QB or WR you don't even need it. Sure it helps and

many of the top pros have it but the average Football player couldn't catch a cold.

"and all of the big 3 require just as much running and foot skills as soccer"No. You can't be that retarded.

Baseball requires absolutely no running as it relates to any type of conditioning let alone combining

foot skills with fatigue.

Football requires running but in a short burst explosive manner. They also get recovery. Besides the RB's, CB's/S, WR, Kickers and QB's the foot skills needed to play the game are minimal. You run and tackle the guy, you run to block the guy, you run after the QB/whoever has the ball.

Basketball is the most comparable of the Big 3. There are no direct foot eye skills necessary just similar agility with the athlete's feet to be successful.

"so how is there any argument about what takes a better athlete? no hand eye equals no argument."

That is your idiotic opinion.

You may have been able to compete in a sport somewhere in your life but don't think that equates to

having any type of clue about athletics in general, because you don't.

thanks for proving my point for me. your whole post is insane.

Guest Guest

If you dont like soccer then stop watching it! Theres plenty of Americans who dont care about all these stupid comments about soccer and arent going to stop watching. So shut up and stop comparing sports.

Guest Guest
If you dont like soccer then stop watching it! Theres plenty of Americans who dont care about all these stupid comments about soccer and arent going to stop watching. So shut up and stop comparing sports.

is soccer a sport?

Guest Guest
The NFL is not promoted in this country?? That is your point??

Do you watch TV?

Next time a FIFA commercial is on break your neck and do society a favor.

Lost me here. how is the NFL so promoted again soccer boy?

Guest Guest

Wow, a soccer cyber bully. Cool...

Guest Guest
football sucks...more clear for you?

just because you and your pussy soccer player buddies aren't skilled or brave enough to play it, doesn't mean it sucks.

Guest Guest

Translation: stop picking on my boyfriend whos into soccer because he says hes cool and manly so I believe him.

Guest Guest

ooo sorryy i forgot mention the skill it takes to play most football positions...lets have a position to hold a ball for a kicker or too be over weight and stand in the way of other over weight people. And lets not forget the people who are on special teams just to run after the returner.

Guest Guest

Round ball on round bat.. Did you see that thing on espn where the baseball player couldn't even hit the softball pitch? Ok so anyways, at first when your 4 years old, trying to hit a baseball is tough. Especially with the movement of the pitch, but it's like riding a bike, you don't have to relearn how to hit the ball. Your mind learns to calculate when and where the ball will meet your bat, i didn't play baseball for 5 years then picked it up again, it was a challenge at first but not impossible.

Guest Guest
I wanted to go to a Philly's game but I didn't have enough money for me and my two sons!

The most expensive ticket to a philly's game is 60 bucks..that is for field level seats. You can get tickets for under 20 bucks that are good seats. How much were you expecting to pay?

Archived