World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Guest Guest
ooo sorryy i forgot mention the skill it takes to play most football positions...lets have a position to hold a ball for a kicker or too be over weight and stand in the way of other over weight people. And lets not forget the people who are on special teams just to run after the returner.

with each post you show just how little you know about sports. better stick to the girls game of soccer. other sports are too complicated for you.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Round ball on round bat.. Did you see that thing on espn where the baseball player couldn't even hit the softball pitch? Ok so anyways, at first when your 4 years old, trying to hit a baseball is tough. Especially with the movement of the pitch, but it's like riding a bike, you don't have to relearn how to hit the ball. Your mind learns to calculate when and where the ball will meet your bat, i didn't play baseball for 5 years then picked it up again, it was a challenge at first but not impossible.

liar. the man she was pitching to was a star softball player, not a pro baseball player. they would shell a female softball pitcher. even on pro's and joe's, some guy who couldn't even swing the bat was hitting jennie finch easily. nice lie , though.

so you picked up a bat after 5 yrs and got it back? who was pitching to you? what league did you play in? don't write posts that are so stupid that a child could pick them apart.

Guest Guest
with each post you show just how little you know about sports. better stick to the girls game of soccer. other sports are too complicated for you.

inform me on what was so false in that statement

Guest Guest
liar. the man she was pitching to was a star softball player, not a pro baseball player. they would shell a female softball pitcher. even on pro's and joe's, some guy who couldn't even swing the bat was hitting jennie finch easily. nice lie , though.

so you picked up a bat after 5 yrs and got it back? who was pitching to you? what league did you play in? don't write posts that are so stupid that a child could pick them apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_de3HJvO-N8.....i think your wrong

Guest Guest

Here's a quote for you

In a 1967 exhibition at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Mr. Feigner faced a lineup of six Major League Baseball players (five of whom were later elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame). He struck out all six -- Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew -- in succession.

Yes I know Eddie Feigner was a guy and not a female pitcher but its about the style. Its been known for years that even great baseball players struggle against fastpitch softball, different angles, styles and techniques. I personally watched a National Fastpitch league pitcher strike out an entire AA starting lineup in a charity challenge one time. Before you start spouting off know what you are talking about.

Guest get real
Bucky you've nailed so much of the argument dead on its scary

Ask Steve Nash or Kobe Bryant how they feel about soccer...nothing but respect and admiration for the game from guys like that who know and respect other top level athletes. Ask Nomar Garciaparra or Johnny Damon what they feel about the game, both are huge supporters of soccer. Nomar met his wife through the game. Chad Ocho-cinco is a big supporter of the game and if you want tough guys ask Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard or Oscar De La Hoya what they feel, all huge soccer fans. True athletes respect other great athletes for the skill and ability it takes to compete at the highest level.

One thing to add beyond what you said and it actually clarifies where the Americans against soccer feelings real come from. In the early 1900's there were as many professional soccer leagues here in the US as there were baseball leagues, and more than football had. However given the rabid anti-immigrant and pro-american public view at the time there was a push to eliminate the European things in our daily lives. One of the first things to go was "Football" it became "Soccer". Then where you point out Americans love what we create so we embraced baseball over the worlds game was 100% correct. Baseball became a way for kids to become American and so it grew by leaps and bounds while soccer was rejected for being part of the "Old World"

Just wanted to add that little bit to what you had written so well.

It's good to see two people who know what they're talking about on here. You both got it right. I do think there's a "jealousy" factor that soccer players are better athletes than the average football player. With more sports available fewer and fewer athletes are choosing football. But, at the top levels, they are all great athletes (the exception in the major sports would be baseball). Pro Football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis track and field athletes are exceptional human beings- freaks of nature almost- to be able to, say, return a serve at 100+ mph or run 4:50 per mile for 26 miles or jump over 25 feet.

Great athletes respect great athletes, obese fans or non-athletes participating in a sport, are jealous of others.

Guest Guest
Here's a quote for you

In a 1967 exhibition at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Mr. Feigner faced a lineup of six Major League Baseball players (five of whom were later elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame). He struck out all six -- Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew -- in succession.

Yes I know Eddie Feigner was a guy and not a female pitcher but its about the style. Its been known for years that even great baseball players struggle against fastpitch softball, different angles, styles and techniques. I personally watched a National Fastpitch league pitcher strike out an entire AA starting lineup in a charity challenge one time. Before you start spouting off know what you are talking about.

so if they faced him some more, you don't think they could time him? be serious. after 5 at bats they would start shelling him. it's just different. plus a guy throwing from a short distance is alot different than a woman. plus, how would the softball hitters fair against a hardball stud pitcher? obviously,not too good. they are playing softball. spout this.

Guest Guest
Here's a quote for you

so if they faced him some more, you don't think they could time him? be serious. after 5 at bats they would start shelling him. it's just different. plus a guy throwing from a short distance is alot different than a woman. plus, how would the softball hitters fair against a hardball stud pitcher? obviously,not too good. they are playing softball. spout this.

Guest Guest

maybe you soccer fans could explain a play i saw in the world cup. the star USA player, whomever he is, had a clear run but a bad angle on the goalie. he looked like he might pass back to the middle, but the goalie never came out to challenge him, so the kicker came right at the goalie and kicked the ball over his head at a sharp angle and scored. i know you saw it. it was hailed as a great goal. then, i watched the replay. the goalie literally ducked out of the way of the ball!!!

he was scared he might get hit in the choppers and gave the matador move. it was obvious he moved out of the way on purpose. so what gives?? shouldn't he be willing to take one in the chops if he has to?? i was laughing my arse off. yea, those soccer players are real tough. the goalies are scared of getting hit by the ball, so they make a goal 100% easier. if you say you didn't see it, you're lying. wow, what a sport.

Guest Guest
maybe you soccer fans could explain a play i saw in the world cup. the star USA player, whomever he is, had a clear run but a bad angle on the goalie. he looked like he might pass back to the middle, but the goalie never came out to challenge him, so the kicker came right at the goalie and kicked the ball over his head at a sharp angle and scored. i know you saw it. it was hailed as a great goal. then, i watched the replay. the goalie literally ducked out of the way of the ball!!!

he was scared he might get hit in the choppers and gave the matador move. it was obvious he moved out of the way on purpose. so what gives?? shouldn't he be willing to take one in the chops if he has to?? i was laughing my arse off. yea, those soccer players are real tough. the goalies are scared of getting hit by the ball, so they make a goal 100% easier. if you say you didn't see it, you're lying. wow, what a sport.

So you have never seen a receiver get alligator arms when he is about to get hit? No hitter has ever ducked out of the way of a curveball or tried to play a hard shot off their hip instead of staying down on the ball? You've never seen a hockey player who pulled back instead of taking a big hit? How about an NBA guy who pulls up and shoots or fades away when cause they don't want the contact underneath.

You answered your own question as to why he did what he did, it looked like Donovan was going to slid a pass back across the middle cause he had no angle. When he changed to the shot the keeper was totally off guard and his play reflected that surprise. A ball hit at 70 mph+ will do that to you if you aren't set properly or you're looking for something else you can look real bad, which he did. Same as Tim Howard looked bad on our first goal against in the game, screened shot never even made a move. Thats the same guy who broke his ribs when a guy came in at full speed on him while making a save the game before, so spare me the whole they are scared thing.

Guest Guest
So you have never seen a receiver get alligator arms when he is about to get hit? No hitter has ever ducked out of the way of a curveball or tried to play a hard shot off their hip instead of staying down on the ball? You've never seen a hockey player who pulled back instead of taking a big hit? How about an NBA guy who pulls up and shoots or fades away when cause they don't want the contact underneath.

You answered your own question as to why he did what he did, it looked like Donovan was going to slid a pass back across the middle cause he had no angle. When he changed to the shot the keeper was totally off guard and his play reflected that surprise. A ball hit at 70 mph+ will do that to you if you aren't set properly or you're looking for something else you can look real bad, which he did. Same as Tim Howard looked bad on our first goal against in the game, screened shot never even made a move. Thats the same guy who broke his ribs when a guy came in at full speed on him while making a save the game before, so spare me the whole they are scared thing.

not one of your analogy applies. first off, he wasn't fooled. once donovan committed to the shot he was totally in position and upright. he saw the shot leave his foot and ducked out of the way on purpose. don't try and rewrite history.

the difference is he is the goalie. that's all his job is. keep the ball out of the net. when he pulls a matador, that's the most pathetic move you could do. a coward. the same guy that alligator's on a middle pass, is sitting on the bench. if a guy makes errors, he's on the bench. the great's don't do those things. they are not considered players. but this is soccer's showcase. nobody alligator's in the superbowl. apparently, the world cup is different. take one in the chops, if you're a man.

Guest Guest
not one of your analogy applies. first off, he wasn't fooled. once donovan committed to the shot he was totally in position and upright. he saw the shot leave his foot and ducked out of the way on purpose. don't try and rewrite history.

the difference is he is the goalie. that's all his job is. keep the ball out of the net. when he pulls a matador, that's the most pathetic move you could do. a coward. the same guy that alligator's on a middle pass, is sitting on the bench. if a guy makes errors, he's on the bench. the great's don't do those things. they are not considered players. but this is soccer's showcase. nobody alligator's in the superbowl. apparently, the world cup is different. take one in the chops, if you're a man.

why do you care how the goal was scored, it helped our country thats all that matters

Guest Guest

Wrong on many counts, go back and watch video of the Giants/Bills Super bowl. By the middle of the second quarter at least 3 Bills receivers were pulling up short on routes including Andre Reed a Hall of Fame receiver. Why? The Giants had intimidated them by laying huge hits early, and the Bills kept those guys in the game. I've watched numerous World Series games where fielders tried to play the ball off their hip on hard shots and never was someone sat down. Name one All-Star player who was benched for making an error in a World Series game.

You fail to realize the one big rule in soccer that truly prevents the benching..only 3 subs for the game. You don't get a chance to sub in and out in the game. You really have to manage your subs better than pulling a player.

Last point again, he was fooled and he openly said it to Italian reporters who asked him after the game. He was expecting to have to shuffle across to make a reaction save on a re-direct. He was not set for a shot like that just like the Korean keeper was not expecting Maicon to go near post with a near post blast last week. But I know you're such a soccer fan, you actually were watching the press conferences post game streamed on the net so the keeper was just lying.

Technically speaking it is a horrible goal to give up by GK standards, as was the goal Luis Fabiano scored yesterday which was ten times worse because Fabiano was 10 yards off the post. At least Donovan was charging toward the goal.

Fact is that most top keepers actually guess on shots that close. He thought pass because if he didn't he would've come out to cut the angle. Any top keeper knows he doesn't have a chance if he sits on the line and tries to defend it. You football tough guys would duck the fastest too so don't act like you wouldn't.

2 of Brazil's goals yesterday shouldn't have happened, both Fabiano's. The first was a terrible angle from distance and the 2nd was handed twice.

Refereeing not great this round.

Also, if the US was to get on board and become a fan of the game or at least try and appreciate some of things loyal soccer fans do the players are ruining it again.

The diving by the Italians (defending Cup Champs) was awful yesterday as was the nonsense from the Ivory Coast player that got Kaka sent off. There are great tackles and rough stuff but no one cares when some idiot fakes death to get a free kick down by 2 goals.

Guest Guest
Technically speaking it is a horrible goal to give up by GK standards, as was the goal Luis Fabiano scored yesterday which was ten times worse because Fabiano was 10 yards off the post. At least Donovan was charging toward the goal.

Fact is that most top keepers actually guess on shots that close. He thought pass because if he didn't he would've come out to cut the angle. Any top keeper knows he doesn't have a chance if he sits on the line and tries to defend it. You football tough guys would duck the fastest too so don't act like you wouldn't.

2 of Brazil's goals yesterday shouldn't have happened, both Fabiano's. The first was a terrible angle from distance and the 2nd was handed twice.

Refereeing not great this round.

Also, if the US was to get on board and become a fan of the game or at least try and appreciate some of things loyal soccer fans do the players are ruining it again.

The diving by the Italians (defending Cup Champs) was awful yesterday as was the nonsense from the Ivory Coast player that got Kaka sent off. There are great tackles and rough stuff but no one cares when some idiot fakes death to get a free kick down by 2 goals.

Eurotrashers with mullets are never going to stop doing that. It's ingrained in their game. Get bumped, fall down, wait for the dorks with the stretcher to come out. silly

also, can't anyone in europe figure out that you can just stop the clock and have the thing go 90 minutes even, instead of the arbitrary time they add at the end of the halves? it's stupid. leaves too much room for corruption- which is another reason soccer and other Euro sports won't catch on.

Guest Guest

an american sports fans nightmare

Soccer on ESPN

Tennis on ESPN2

Metrosexuals of their world are rejoicing with their breakfast

Guest Guest
Running Clock is stupid.

No need for it or a 4th official.

Good point.

The running clock is part of the game. Its not stupid its just different from other sports that stop the clock when there is an injury etc. There are additional minutes added during the match that tell you how much is going to go on at the end. If you pay attention to that, then you know what is going to happen at the end. Its easy if you follow along....duh

Guest Guest
an american sports fans nightmare

Soccer on ESPN

Tennis on ESPN2

Metrosexuals of their world are rejoicing with their breakfast

I had to laugh at referring to soccer guys as metrosexuals. LOL. Take away their man card, make sure they all ask their wives or girlfriends for permission to do anything, and then let em watch soccer. LOL.

Guest Guest

You couldnt have seen the goal. Keepers take one in the chops every match. Donovans goal would have surely caused concussion or worse if the keeper had taken it in the face. Give me a break. Anyone wouldve ducked. That was a powerful shot.

The running clock is part of the game. Its not stupid its just different from other sports that stop the clock when there is an injury etc. There are additional minutes added during the match that tell you how much is going to go on at the end. If you pay attention to that, then you know what is going to happen at the end. Its easy if you follow along....duh

If you can't agree that there is lee way to the running clock that favors the winning team's stalling tactics than

you really aren't being objective.

They should stop the clock during the game for goals, cards, injuries, and subs. Not a huge adjustment to make to be

a more objective system.

Players fake injury to kill time, teams make subs late to kill time, and they take cards to kill time....duh.

Guest Guest
If you can't agree that there is lee way to the running clock that favors the winning team's stalling tactics than

you really aren't being objective.

They should stop the clock during the game for goals, cards, injuries, and subs. Not a huge adjustment to make to be

a more objective system.

Players fake injury to kill time, teams make subs late to kill time, and they take cards to kill time....duh.

Thats just not how the game of soccer is played. Its running clock. And those are tactics. It happens even at the youth level. Coaches call a sub for a player on the far side and he/she knows not to sprint over to the bench. Its a competition its about who knows how to play the chess game the best its strategy and tactic. And its part of the beauty of the game. It is one aspect of the game, I would not change.

Guest Guest
Wrong on many counts, go back and watch video of the Giants/Bills Super bowl. By the middle of the second quarter at least 3 Bills receivers were pulling up short on routes including Andre Reed a Hall of Fame receiver. Why? The Giants had intimidated them by laying huge hits early, and the Bills kept those guys in the game. I've watched numerous World Series games where fielders tried to play the ball off their hip on hard shots and never was someone sat down. Name one All-Star player who was benched for making an error in a World Series game.

You fail to realize the one big rule in soccer that truly prevents the benching..only 3 subs for the game. You don't get a chance to sub in and out in the game. You really have to manage your subs better than pulling a player.

Last point again, he was fooled and he openly said it to Italian reporters who asked him after the game. He was expecting to have to shuffle across to make a reaction save on a re-direct. He was not set for a shot like that just like the Korean keeper was not expecting Maicon to go near post with a near post blast last week. But I know you're such a soccer fan, you actually were watching the press conferences post game streamed on the net so the keeper was just lying.

he was lying and trying to make an excuse. i saw the f'in goal. donovan made a commitment to shoot when he rushed the goal. the option of passing was when he was farther from the goal. do i have to explain your own f'in game to you. anyone that says he wasn't in position to make the play and moved out of the way on purpose is a bold faced liar.

as for the bills, they were certainly intimidated, but were still trying to catch balls. they were just missing them because they were hearing footsteps. they weren't alligator arming anything. their focus was lost. you're right., that's bad, but it is not the same as purposely not catching the ball so they wouldn't get hurt. bad analogy.

name one world series player who purposley got out of the way of a ground ball. some have misplayed the ball, but none have pulled a matador move because they were scared.

so he could have received a concussion?? wow, that's tough. so it's ok to get out of the way of a goal because you might get a concussion in the world cup. the fact you would even post such nonsense shows you never played any real sport your whole life. injury is a part of the game. real football has a concussion crisis on their hands, but you don't see the players wussy out like the coward that was in goal. it's a pussy activity. you know it, i know it.

Guest Guest
he was lying and trying to make an excuse. i saw the f'in goal. donovan made a commitment to shoot when he rushed the goal. the option of passing was when he was farther from the goal. do i have to explain your own f'in game to you. anyone that says he wasn't in position to make the play and moved out of the way on purpose is a bold faced liar.

as for the bills, they were certainly intimidated, but were still trying to catch balls. they were just missing them because they were hearing footsteps. they weren't alligator arming anything. their focus was lost. you're right., that's bad, but it is not the same as purposely not catching the ball so they wouldn't get hurt. bad analogy.

name one world series player who purposley got out of the way of a ground ball. some have misplayed the ball, but none have pulled a matador move because they were scared.

so he could have received a concussion?? wow, that's tough. so it's ok to get out of the way of a goal because you might get a concussion in the world cup. the fact you would even post such nonsense shows you never played any real sport your whole life. injury is a part of the game. real football has a concussion crisis on their hands, but you don't see the players wussy out like the coward that was in goal. it's a pussy activity. you know it, i know it.

sorry, you didn't post the concussion nonsense. another person did. my bad, but my statement still stands about it.

Archived