World Cup Proves

Guest Boring

Please refer to post #186, no athlete is going to bad mouth another sport, which can only result in BAD PR!

That's a fairly simple concept to understand!

No but they have no problem throwing their own teammates under the bus.

T.O., Albert Hainesworth, Peyton Manning etc.

They really walk according to the moral compass alright.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
He can't.

It is characteristic of football meatheads to rip soccer at no cost and with no rationale.

They feel that football is entitled to unbridled support to no end and senselessly rip any other

sports because locally football is paid too much attention.

Then,

try to fabricate the myth of "all the pro athletes that hate soccer" won't come out to say it to avoid the very elitist

attitude they take toward soccer.

In Summary,

Buy your fat kid a Jamarcus Russell jersey

Tell him he is an athlete because he starts for Harpursville

Cut the sleeves off your shirts

Call people gay that are doing something you aren't involved in

Eat more chicked wings

feel free to put words in people's mouths. are you responding to another website?? the post also has a hint of old man dimentia to it.

Guest Guest
Please refer to post #186, no athlete is going to bad mouth another sport, which can only result in BAD PR!

that concept is too much for them to grasp.

Guest Guest

"American Football is Rugby for pussies"- Gareth Thomas- international rugby player interview in SI

He had no problem saying bad things about another sport. He didn't care about the PR he said what millions around the world think.

Your claim that American pro athletes think soccer players aren't athletes and the sport is non-athletic is a joke. You can not find anyone quoted to support your view and every post you make is disproved quickly. Sorry but you have been totally destroyed

Guest Guest
feel free to put words in people's mouths. are you responding to another website?? the post also has a hint of old man dimentia to it.

No Bucky had just destroyed your arguments easily. Every time you refuse to find a quote to support your original thought that you said, you prove him right. You've made claims that soccer isn't a sport and that soccer players aren't athletic. Both statements are totally foolish and its been shown to you numerous times that many elite pro athletes from your favorite sports totally disagree with your statements. You keep grasping at straws to try and stave off admitting you were wrong but instead of being a man and admitting defeat on those points just like Bucky pointed out

Guest Guest
"American Football is Rugby for pussies"- Gareth Thomas- international rugby player interview in SI

He had no problem saying bad things about another sport. He didn't care about the PR he said what millions around the world think.

Your claim that American pro athletes think soccer players aren't athletes and the sport is non-athletic is a joke. You can not find anyone quoted to support your view and every post you make is disproved quickly. Sorry but you have been totally destroyed

I'm talking about athletes in this country, not some d-bag that our sporting press and fans don't care about. People where laughing at that guy on sports talk radio around the country.

A previous poster was listing hall of famers from other major AMERICAN sports, who are subject to the AMERICAN sports media machine and it's 100+ million AMERICAN followers. None of those athletes are going to badmouth soccer, they aren't that dumb. It's horrible PR if they did.

The entire point is that listing a bunch of hall of famers who "say" they admire soccer, does not PROVE that soccer is the almighty sport, as you soccer nutjobs would like. As much as you want that to be proof, it proves NOTHING. They said what was politically correct. Whether or not they actually believe it is unsubstantiated in all but a few cases.

"Reggie Miller says soccer is good, so that's proves it." (sarcasm intended) Do you see how dumb of an argument that is???

Guest Guest

he would soil himself on a football field. great example. a brainless rugby player, who know's he couldn't play football, disses football. sound like more of a personal issue than an educated one. millions of people would be upset by him? to get bad PR, you have to be somebody. i like the way you think you are disproving something. it's been explained to you 20 times by multiple people, but you just don't get. the endings of your posts would lead someone to believe you are about 12 yrs old. keep up the delusions.

Guest Guest

he would soil himself on a football field. great example. a brainless rugby player, who know's he couldn't play football, disses football. sound like more of a personal issue than an educated one. millions of people would be upset by him? to get bad PR, you have to be somebody. i like the way you think you are disproving something. it's been explained to you 20 times by multiple people, but you just don't get. the endings of your posts would lead someone to believe you are about 12 yrs old. keep up the delusions.

Guest Guest
No Bucky had just destroyed your arguments easily. Every time you refuse to find a quote to support your original thought that you said, you prove him right. You've made claims that soccer isn't a sport and that soccer players aren't athletic. Both statements are totally foolish and its been shown to you numerous times that many elite pro athletes from your favorite sports totally disagree with your statements. You keep grasping at straws to try and stave off admitting you were wrong but instead of being a man and admitting defeat on those points just like Bucky pointed out

the only thing bucky has proven is that he should be checked by a doctor for dimentia. he hasn't proven one thing and i have proven everything i have said. just because bucky and you are too stupid to get it , doesn't mean it's not true.

Guest Guest
the only thing bucky has proven is that he should be checked by a doctor for dimentia. he hasn't proven one thing and i have proven everything i have said. just because bucky and you are too stupid to get it , doesn't mean it's not true.

In order to prove something you need facts to back up you argument and you saying "they won't do it cause its bad PR" isn't a fact. The fact is they won't say it. The only thing you have continually proven is that you should use spell check on Word and then paste your posts here. Or do you actually have dementia so you don't think you need to back things up with fact.

Guest Guest
He can't.

It is characteristic of football meatheads to rip soccer at no cost and with no rationale.

They feel that football is entitled to unbridled support to no end and senselessly rip any other

sports because locally football is paid too much attention.

Then,

try to fabricate the myth of "all the pro athletes that hate soccer" won't come out to say it to avoid the very elitist

attitude they take toward soccer.

In Summary,

Buy your fat kid a Jamarcus Russell jersey

Tell him he is an athlete because he starts for Harpursville

Cut the sleeves off your shirts

Call people gay that are doing something you aren't involved in

Eat more chicked wings

A typical "soccer is a better sport cuz the athletes are in good shape and the WORLD plays it." I thought that argument was dead? You then go on to say football "meatheads" at no cost with no rationale. What exactly are you doing to football? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You then go right back to the "fat guy" stuff. That's getting a little old too. You haven't exactly put together a worthwhile post in quite sometime, if ever!

PS, the US hasn't advanced to the semis since 1930. I guess you're right, soccer is a big sport in the US! How far from reality can you be.

Guest Guest
I'm talking about athletes in this country, not some d-bag that our sporting press and fans don't care about. People where laughing at that guy on sports talk radio around the country.

A previous poster was listing hall of famers from other major AMERICAN sports, who are subject to the AMERICAN sports media machine and it's 100+ million AMERICAN followers. None of those athletes are going to badmouth soccer, they aren't that dumb. It's horrible PR if they did.

The entire point is that listing a bunch of hall of famers who "say" they admire soccer, does not PROVE that soccer is the almighty sport, as you soccer nutjobs would like. As much as you want that to be proof, it proves NOTHING. They said what was politically correct. Whether or not they actually believe it is unsubstantiated in all but a few cases.

"Reggie Miller says soccer is good, so that's proves it." (sarcasm intended) Do you see how dumb of an argument that is???

I never said "Reggie Miller said soccer is good", you claimed soccer wasn't a sport and its players are not athletes. Every person I have posted has acknowledged it as a top flight sport and its players as world class athletes. That was after you said no pro athlete would share that view. I have offered proof that athletes will bad mouth other sports and Bucky offered examples of guys who bad mouth teammates. Your view that doing so is PR suicide is dead wrong. Jim Rome a host of many ESPN shows and his own radio show has openly said he still doesn't like soccer, its never killed is show he is as popular as ever.

I am the same poster who listed the HOF athletes and the first list of random athletes who have long been known to be huge soccer fans. I'm not two different people one guy constantly picking apart your weak opinion only quotes with facts that you can not counter.

There was little to no discussion on the NFL quote by Gareth Thomas on sports radio because the conversation on him focused on the basis of the article. He was the first major international sports star- a national team captain in a huge international sport (the Rugby World Cup also gets ratings equal to the Super Bowl worldwide) to admit his homosexuality. But you just went with the "-d-bag that our sporting press" comment. If our sporting press didn't care why'd they make him the feature article of SI that week?

Guest Guest
No but they have no problem throwing their own teammates under the bus.

T.O., Albert Hainesworth, Peyton Manning etc.

They really walk according to the moral compass alright.

It's funny that you can continue to try and put down NFL players to try and make soccer look better? I'm not sure that works. The other thing is that you can always find something about the NFL to talk about. Why? Because people actually care. I can honestly say that I can't name one soccer player in the world. I'm POSITIVE I'm in the majority! Why? Because nobody cares!

Here's your hero? Give me a break.

http://www.poster.net/beckham-david/beckha...uit-6500209.jpg

Guest Guest
I never said "Reggie Miller said soccer is good", you claimed soccer wasn't a sport and its players are not athletes. Every person I have posted has acknowledged it as a top flight sport and its players as world class athletes. That was after you said no pro athlete would share that view. I have offered proof that athletes will bad mouth other sports and Bucky offered examples of guys who bad mouth teammates. Your view that doing so is PR suicide is dead wrong. Jim Rome a host of many ESPN shows and his own radio show has openly said he still doesn't like soccer, its never killed is show he is as popular as ever.

I am the same poster who listed the HOF athletes and the first list of random athletes who have long been known to be huge soccer fans. I'm not two different people one guy constantly picking apart your weak opinion only quotes with facts that you can not counter.

There was little to no discussion on the NFL quote by Gareth Thomas on sports radio because the conversation on him focused on the basis of the article. He was the first major international sports star- a national team captain in a huge international sport (the Rugby World Cup also gets ratings equal to the Super Bowl worldwide) to admit his homosexuality. But you just went with the "-d-bag that our sporting press" comment. If our sporting press didn't care why'd they make him the feature article of SI that week?

Soccer's a sport, now go away...

Guest Guest
PS, the US hasn't advanced to the semis since 1930. I guess you're right, soccer is a big sport in the US! How far from reality can you be.

Haven't you realized yet that international success isn't the judge of how big a sport is? Very few teams have ever gotten that far in the World Cup and its still their national sport. Very poor analogy to use.

Guest Guest
Soccer's a sport, now go away...

Actually given this is a soccer thread I think I'll stay. You've admitted you were wrong its your time to disappear now

Guest Guest

Jim Rome says 100 controversial things per day, that's his job. Another weak argument on your part.

I'm not going to rehash this argument again, Big Al bashing his teammates doesn't prove anything. You are perhaps the worst debater I've ever read.

Guest Guest
Actually given this is a soccer thread I think I'll stay. You've admitted you were wrong its your time to disappear now

That was somebody else you were arguing with. I said that because you are trying to argue that soccer is a sport? Give me a break. Of course it's a sport, now say something intelligent.

Guest Guest
You already said you don't pay attention to "far away lands" well the USA is 350 million people and the world is 7 Billion. I can promise that the more of the world is paying attention to it. The USA is now less than 5% of the worlds population, we are a distinct minority on this topic.

The US has 350 million? I'm hoping that we can beat a country that only has about 20 million or we'll look like fools!

Guest Guest
The US has 350 million? I'm hoping that we can beat a country that only has about 20 million or we'll look like fools!

Just found out some information on that topic. Ghana is the size of Oregon. California has 4 million MORE people than Ghana.

Last point by a soccer analyst: "If it wasn't for a 'muffed' shot by an English goalie that an "8th grader" could have stopped, we probably wouldn't be in the knockout round." How funny is that!

Guest Guest

seeing this thread disturbs me greatly. quite simply soccer, futbol,calcio, or fußball is the worlds sport (yes the spherical object known as earth). soccer is to show pride in ones country, its an example of nationalism. its all over europe, asia and all those nook and cranny countries. soccer is not a sport that requires purchasing fancy equipment, its a sport for anyone including rich and poor, male and female, old and young. its bragging rights, yes take that italy your golden age of soccer has come to an end hahaha. to say its boring well thats your opinion. but dont be so ignorant. these pro's dont stop moving on the pitch, get hit ( they dont fall all the time on purpose) they get hit hard. and when they do dive its strategic, these guys arnt wussy's. im a fan of all sports and soccer deserves respect like all the others. it may be a "snorefest" because both teams are trying their a$$'s off to get a goal. and that player who scores is a national HERO. ex). maradonna, pele, ect. phew that was alot. dont be so sore you debbie downer, lighten up haha

Archived