Best boys soccer players ever from Section IV

Guest Guest-hal

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the top 10 High School boy soccer players to ever come out of Section IV?

I couldnt give you a list but i would bet the kid from EFA is real close two years from now

I couldnt give you a list but i would bet the kid from EFA is real close two years from now

There's a kid from EFA who is real close right now. His name is Nick Lian. Other players that should be considered:

-Troisi (Ith)

-Economou (Ves)

-Bushen (Owg)

-Shirmir (Corn)

If you are talking able Alex A, he is a good player and could be great, BUT if he does not have someone to give him the ball he will fail. He needs to learn even though his dad has taught him otherwise it is not all about him. Scoring 6 goals against a team that is 0-13 just to pad the stats means nothing.

There's a kid from EFA who is real close right now. His name is Nick Lian. Other players that should be considered:

-Troisi (Ith)

-Economou (Ves)

-Bushen (Owg)

-Shirmir (Corn)

Are any of these guys from America???

-Troisi (Ith)

-Economou (Ves)

-Bushen (Owg)

-Shirmir (Corn)

Not one of those players could come anywhere close to the top 10 all time in Section 4..its painfully obvious you have no idea of the areas history and its top players if you even consider them.

Not one of those players could come anywhere close to the top 10 all time in Section 4..its painfully obvious you have no idea of the areas history and its top players if you even consider them.

You're right...I didn't read the post correctly. I thought they were talking about this season. My apologies...

If you are talking able Alex A, he is a good player and could be great, BUT if he does not have someone to give him the ball he will fail. He needs to learn even though his dad has taught him otherwise it is not all about him. Scoring 6 goals against a team that is 0-13 just to pad the stats means nothing.

Actually, looking at the EFA website, Alex has scored 3 goals in a game ONCE this season (Seton Catholic, opening match). He's scored a total of 2 goals against ESS this season through two games (would assume that's the 0-14 team you're speaking of, proving you don't know what you're talking about). He's actually scoring against good-decent opponents. Three goals vs. Corning this season, 2 goals vs. Union-Endicott, goal vs. Binghamton, 2 goals vs. Athens-PA (a team that's 12-3 in thier conference). 20 goals from a 10th grader is nothing to sneeze at.

Orest Grechka- From O.F.A played in the 90's. Eventually played at Hartwick leading them to the Final IV, lost to Virginia who eventually won the National Championship. After College he played in the German Premier leagues.

Orest Grechka- From O.F.A played in the 90's. Eventually played at Hartwick leading them to the Final IV, lost to Virginia who eventually won the National Championship. After College he played in the German Premier leagues.

Good call on Orest he earned that spot..only thing was he played most of his pro career in Norway not in Germany.

Yeah I wasnt 100% sure about where he played...I believe he had a stint in Germany. I was friends with his younger brothers who were both good players in their own right...I'm pretty sure the youngest is still playing at Coastal Carolina.

Yeah I wasnt 100% sure about where he played...I believe he had a stint in Germany. I was friends with his younger brothers who were both good players in their own right...I'm pretty sure the youngest is still playing at Coastal Carolina.

No, Bo has been done for a few years now. He tried to get into pro soccer through the PDSL down in Florida but never made it. He was a solid player but no where near what Orest was. For all the people that were talking up Dani most never saw Orest, he was a better player in almost all respects. One of the top 3 strikers I saw come out of the area along with Andy Davis of Binghamton who went to Evansville on a full ride and Mike Austin of Oneonta who went full ride to WVU.

Who are the top 10 High School boy soccer players to ever come out of Section IV?

Many people won't remember the kid because he played at EFA before they joined STAC (graduated in 1999), but Johnny Phoumanny scored 101 career goals at EFA and received a full ride to St. Bonaventure where he won Atlantic 10 freshman of the year.

Some other players from the teams from the West:

-GK Joel Luther from EFA (University of Michigan) - graduated in 1988

-M Bart Lanahan from Corning (walked onto the U of Notre Dame) - graduated in 1996

tommy moon

He has accomplished nothing as of yet to even get into the conversation. Good player but lets see what he does in school before any judgement is even thought about. His size will be tough to overcome but he has great skill and game sense

Guest Guest-highJ

Good call....Hawley and Van Gorder were the dynamic duo on the M-E team that made it to the NYS final back in the 90s and lost on the controversial call that disallowed a goal and they would have won, right? If I remember, both were NYS All-State and All-Americans, and ended up playing Division III where they were All-Americans too. VanGorder made M-E varsity as an 8th grader.

Dinkins of SV is good for a current player. 10 best players ever....Sean Van Gorder (ME), Tony Giannetti (Vestal), lekeino Brown (UE), Kevin Hawley (ME), Ediru (Vestal), Orest Grechka (Owego), Johnny Griffith (ME), McMullen (CF), Chavez (UE), Mike Ramsey (EFA).

Dinkins of SV is good for a current player. 10 best players ever....Sean Van Gorder (ME), Tony Giannetti (Vestal), lekeino Brown (UE), Kevin Hawley (ME), Ediru (Vestal), Orest Grechka (Owego), Johnny Griffith (ME), McMullen (CF), Chavez (UE), Mike Ramsey (EFA).

You only looked at about a 5 to 7 year period way too many great players you missed from now and in the 80's. Gianetti wasn't even as good as his own brother, Brown was a good player but not that far above many others. Griffith shouldnt even be thought of, good player not all time good. I played in the mid 80's, watched for years and now my kids are in HS..here's my thoughts with really only 1 factor most all of these guys were All-Americans or scholarship players who went on to D1 college (a few chose not to) wish I could have seen more of the Vestal/Ithaca guys from the early 80's when they were a state power duo because they both had numerous Div 1 players on the team at the same times.

GK- Stenta CV/BU; Cervantes Vest/Clemson; Tronkowski ME/Clarkson; Manning UE/Plattsburgh

Def- Pepe Aragon Bing/Herk/Bowling Green; Abi Chavez UE/BU; Chris Riley UE/Herk/Wright St; Mike Dougherty Vest/Colgate; Joe Vrablic Vest/BU; Pat Skinner SV/BU; Jim Konuito Bing/Plattsburgh SUNYAC POY; Brent Maybee Vest/Herk/Clarkson; Justin Leskow UE/BU;

Mids- Mike Austin Oneonta/WVU; Sean Van Gorder ME/Rochester; Jay Robinson UE/Herk/WVU; Kevin Sax Vest/Notre Dame; Pat Price Vest/Cornell; Apia Apawa Ithaca/Oneonta; Jon Phoumonny EFA/StBona; Don Robbins Vest/Colgate; Nate Horton UE/Herk/E Carolina; Tommy Moon ME/BU; Aaron Zandy UE/StBona/UMass; Scott DePersis JC/LeMoyne/Lynn; Eric Riddleberger Owe/Clemson;

Attack- Andy Davis Bing/Herk/Evansville; Orest Grechka Owe/Hartwick; Matt Tanzini Vest/Herk/WVU; Will McCarthy Oneonta/Hartwick; Ed Opkihru Vest/Buffalo; Mike Gianetti Vest/USMA; Teddy Hudock UE/Buffalo; Dani Brkovic JC/???; Jay Demtrak Bing/Ves/BU; Kevin Hawley ME/???; Jaret Dinkins SV/???;

Archived