BASKETBALL SEASON!

Guest the new guy

Guest the new guy

Hmm.. Binghamton Basketball... they are very questionable! Are they gonna be good this year? Is David Springer still coaching!?...why? What about

Also what's going on with UE? Iv heard they have a new coach! Will thwy be able to beat binghamton?

Seton is looking like they will have a decent team this year, Bob Garbade!

JC looks STACKED this year, miiiiight be hard to beat if they work as a team. To many cheifs and not enough indians.

What do you guys think about the season this year?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest STAC WATCHER

BASKETBALL EXCITEMENT AS WELL AS INTRIGUE IN THIS AREA STARTS AND FINISHES WITH SAINT PATRICKS OF CYO INFAMY..HOW MANY AFRO- AMERICAN.IRISH CATHOLIC STUDENT ATHLETES WILL COMPETE FOR MACMANUS THIS YEAR, AND HOW MANY MASSES WILL THEY ATTEND??..THE STAC WATCHER...

Dont count out Vestal..one of the top bball programs in the area and have 4 returns from last seasons 11-0 Stac team.

Vestal should contend every year regardless of how many players they lose - it's a solid program from top to bottom with the same coaches on all four levels for several years now. That's one of their strengths - all the coaches buy into the Varsity coach's system.

Anyway, I think Seton and JC are the teams to beat this year. Seton has arguably the two best players in STAC on their team - Garbade and Torto. Garbade's going D-I, and I'm sure Torto could play somewhere, too. If their supporting cast is decent, and with their coaching, I wouldn't be surprised if they win their division, win STAC, win sectionals in Class B, and contend for the Class B state title.

Division predictions:

Metro: Vestal (interested to see if Ithaca pans out finally, or if U-E's young new coach can work the magic McManus had last year with that group - is M-E in Metro?)

West: No clue, maybe Corning since they're combined? Neither was great on their own, but together I'm sure they've got talent.

East: Seton, with a little noise from CV and Windsor

Central: JC, although Norwich is hard to pick against.

STAC Playoffs:

Vestal vs. JC - JC wins

Seton vs. Corning - Seton wins

FINALS:

Seton over JC

Yeah no doubt that vestal will have a good team. They always do! Tommy Torto just broke his leg so that's going to opush him back a little bit. I believe greg johnson or jarell regan will have a better season then him this year. And yes Bob is SOFT! Eric Edwards of binghamton should be going D1... NOT HIM!

ME is in the Metro Div this year. They are in for a long year of getting stomped.

Agree that M-E will have some issues in Metro. At Ithaca is an awful place to play, and now their cross-division games are against the likes of Horseheads and Corning. These are much bigger schools than M-E. I'm not really sure who made the decision to move to Metro - maybe last year would've been better, but going forward it's an awful decision.

On the girls side, it's a great move for Sonny and the Lady Spartans. They'll rack up some serious sectional points.

Garbade's 6-10, so I always feel like big guys get labeled "soft" if they're not mean-spirited. I've seen him play - he's an aggressive big man, but he's not throwing elbows a-la Rich Mahorn. So if that means he's "soft," then so be it - he'll laugh all the way to a D-I scholarship.

Torto with a broken leg? That's news to me. How long will he be out? Broken legs typically don't go well with basketball season.

As for Vestal, we'll see. They have some pieces back, and a proven successful record, and a proven history of rebuilding. It's ironic that Vestal has become "the standard" in AA when it was Binghamton for nearly 20 years.

First of all, Jarell Reagan is fat and slow. hes horrible. I'd pick cole smothers over him to watch. Binghamton has edwards sampson and johnson. ue will have kj and.... um kj. JC still has robinson and pettiford along with powell. M-e will have sinicki and burgo who had solid seasons as juniors. Horseheads has a lot of juniors this year who played a lot as sophomores for them last year. Ithaca sucks. Griffin will be there for Corning. CV sucks. and Vestal will be tough with bowe and liss. Metro- Vestal or Binghamton. West-Free Academy. East-Seton. Central-JC

STAC playoffs.

Vestal or Binghamton vs. Seton

Free Academy vs. JC

Seton vs. JC

JC STAC champs.

St. Pats just has the good Afro. Americans everyone else has them to they just don't know how to get good ones and win like mcmanus and his team. St pats on there way to another chapionship I herd it's there 6th in a row I think

garbade didn't get a scholarship... and torto hurt/broke it durinf football season(don't even know if he played). I don't really think Vestal is "the standard" looking more like u.e.

But binghamton looks solid this year

Guest Dunkmaster Pecks

Windsor has a superstar in the making in Paul Gordon and a really solid Guard in Eric Bosket. I don't expect the team to be supremely successful but they should provide alot more competative entertainment than last year.

Gordon looks like a "basketball player" as opposed to a "raw athlete". Windsor has enough athletes. Dude is smooth.

ME is in the Metro Div this year. They are in for a long year of getting stomped.

Just wait and see, look at what maine endwell did in summer league to all of these AA schools!!!

garbade didn't get a scholarship... and torto hurt/broke it durinf football season(don't even know if he played). I don't really think Vestal is "the standard" looking more like u.e.

But binghamton looks solid this year

UE will probably need to win something, over a consistent number of years, to be considered "the standard." McManus was AA Coach of the Year, basically beat everyone but Vestal with a whole new group of kids from the year before. We'll see if the new coach can repeat that.

Vestal's won 4 titles in the last 6 years. Binghamton won 75% of the time over the 15 years before that. That's what I mean by "the standard." Maybe U-E can accomplish that kind of success, who knows. Charlie Tarricone isn't walking through that door.

You are right...Jarell may not be the fastest, but horrible...not quite. Before you are going to make claims about people make sure you know what you are talking about. I guess he must be doing something right to get all the notariety. Go SAINTS!!! We'll see JC at STAC. Shot outs to Walter, Eric, KJ, Ian, Pops, Eric B, Trey, Sam Green, Trenton, Grant, Seth and Javon and the whole Hoop Dreams Family :) See you on the court.

First of all, Jarell Reagan is fat and slow. hes horrible. I'd pick cole smothers over him to watch. Binghamton has edwards sampson and johnson. ue will have kj and.... um kj. JC still has robinson and pettiford along with powell. M-e will have sinicki and burgo who had solid seasons as juniors. Horseheads has a lot of juniors this year who played a lot as sophomores for them last year. Ithaca sucks. Griffin will be there for Corning. CV sucks. and Vestal will be tough with bowe and liss. Metro- Vestal or Binghamton. West-Free Academy. East-Seton. Central-JC

STAC playoffs.

Vestal or Binghamton vs. Seton

Free Academy vs. JC

Seton vs. JC

JC STAC champs.

Archived