BASKETBALL SEASON!

Guest the new guy

Guest storra attorney's

M-E is a much under-rated team going into this season...sinicki, Shepard, burdick, burgo, and Gallagher? Not suprising to see him playin up, like the other two Gallagher boys are...none the less a very smart an athletic starting 5....seton, vestal, and bingo are also very talented teams....will the Spartans be able to bang with the big boys in the metro division? They're a much more skillfully sound team but are also decent on the boards with burgo and burdick underneath

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maine endwell got shafted to the metro ( not a typo).... bingo twice, ithaca twice, vestal twice, ue twice..a lightweight doing battle nite in and night out with heavweights..the spartans will be worn out by sectionals..when they will drop down to A.. and find heavyweight-like jc waiting.. a very daunting schedule for a team without a experienced big man..the bet here is the spartanswill always play hard, be competitive and finish below five hundred..

Agreed - good post. I don't understand the move to Metro at all - M-E's a borderline class B school playing Ithaca, Horseheads, Vestal, Binghamton, Corning, U-E, and now the two Elmira schools (which I assume will be one Elmira team next year).

It makes even less sense now that Corning is a HUGE program and Elmira will go that way. When those were both Class A schools, I could see it.

No longer will they be competing night in night out with schools their own size. Did they volunteer to do this? Or did STAC make them? A little bit of both?

They'll win some games - heck, Ithaca has half its team suspended by mid-January. But maybe a 3-9 STAC record?

Agreed - good post. I don't understand the move to Metro at all - M-E's a borderline class B school playing Ithaca, Horseheads, Vestal, Binghamton, Corning, U-E, and now the two Elmira schools (which I assume will be one Elmira team next year).

It makes even less sense now that Corning is a HUGE program and Elmira will go that way. When those were both Class A schools, I could see it.

No longer will they be competing night in night out with schools their own size. Did they volunteer to do this? Or did STAC make them? A little bit of both?

They'll win some games - heck, Ithaca has half its team suspended by mid-January. But maybe a 3-9 STAC record?

Spartans clobbered Oneonta by 40 today in scrimmage w/out Siniki. They will play hard.

Guest cause 4 concern

Just wait and see, look at what maine endwell did in summer league to all of these AA schools!!!

I remember M.E stomping all the schools but ONE in summer league. They claim M.E is not ready for the Metro lets see how ready schools will be for them. M.E is the TEAM to watch this year, they have excellent shooters and play as a team. (if Seton did lose Torto, J.C. and M. E will be the two elite teams without question)

Guest sybrest little

I remember M.E stomping all the schools but ONE in summer league. They claim M.E is not ready for the Metro lets see how ready schools will be for them. M.E is the TEAM to watch this year, they have excellent shooters and play as a team. (if Seton did lose Torto, J.C. and M. E will be the two elite teams without question)

there is not a team that can match the hustle M.E puts forth. Must of people that reply have NO BASKETBALL IQ , just replying on be-half of there no skill having friends or sons. UE -TRASH ITHACA -TRASH HORSEHEADS-TRASH ELMIRA -TRASH BINGHAMTON- NOT BAD CORNING -????? to the rest of the league GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!! (metro seems like a down grade at least JC and Seton always had decent squads)

Coach Ockers is 1# hell of a coach and he will definitely have his boys ready to play!!

Guest cause 4 concern

ME is in the Metro Div this year. They are in for a long year of getting stomped.

You sir need to put down the crack pipe!!!! cause you have to be high on something to believe that.

there is not a team that can match the hustle M.E puts forth. Must of people that reply have NO BASKETBALL IQ , just replying on be-half of there no skill having friends or sons. UE -TRASH ITHACA -TRASH HORSEHEADS-TRASH ELMIRA -TRASH BINGHAMTON- NOT BAD CORNING -????? to the rest of the league GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!! (metro seems like a down grade at least JC and Seton always had decent squads)

Coach Ockers is 1# hell of a coach and he will definitely have his boys ready to play!!

Pretty poor post - one of the most misinformed in since last basketball season. Binghamton is a good team, ESS has been tough in recent years, Horseheads is a great program, and @ Ithaca and @ EFA are terrible places to play (pray you get EFA at home this year). Then, when Elmira schools combine for sports at more than double M-E's student enrollment, how will that go?

I have no doubt M-E will play hard, but I can't see them being .500 in Metro. It's not just that they play Metro now, they play the West schools, too. It's a different story crossing over against those schools instead of the Class B schools you're used to.

Guest cause 4 concern

Pretty poor post - one of the most misinformed in since last basketball season. Binghamton is a good team, ESS has been tough in recent years, Horseheads is a great program, and @ Ithaca and @ EFA are terrible places to play (pray you get EFA at home this year). Then, when Elmira schools combine for sports at more than double M-E's student enrollment, how will that go?

I have no doubt M-E will play hard, but I can't see them being .500 in Metro. It's not just that they play Metro now, they play the West schools, too. It's a different story crossing over against those schools instead of the Class B schools you're used to.

500% IN METRO PLEASE!!!!!!!! you sir are misinformed. I would agree playing at places where the fans have little class is difficult but M.E should be just fine!!!!!

Guest Playuh Haytuh

Watch out for Windsor this year. They will be right in the thick of it.

Guest Little Bosket

LOL. HA!

Don' know much about the little guys, but the Varsity and JV will be solid.

Eric You are supposed to be in class not at home on the computer, get to class.

Dat You Evs? This ain't Eric Dumbo.

Hey now no name calling just having some fun with Big E. Windsor will be in the thick of it for sure. Eric is a stud along with Harpell, Wilbur and Hinoski.

This past Saturday m-e demolished oneonta 98-46..without sinicki; and burdick playin at a light pace due to his shoulder injury..the move to the metro division was one of mistake, but I would guess they go 600., a much underrated team having 2 juniors from last year who started, nate Burgo, jedd burdick, and other good young athletes..don't count them out yet

This past Saturday m-e demolished oneonta 98-46..without sinicki; and burdick playin at a light pace due to his shoulder injury..the move to the metro division was one of mistake, but I would guess they go 600., a much underrated team having 2 juniors from last year who started, nate Burgo, jedd burdick, and other good young athletes..don't count them out yet

They'll have 8 Metro games and 4 crossovers with West teams. Let's break down those games:

Binghamton (Home and Away)

U-E (Home and Away)

Vestal (Home and Away)

Ithaca (Home and Away)

By being nice, let's say they SPLIT those games, and go 4-4 in their division. I could see them being Ithaca twice and being swept by Vestal. Plus, I'm not sure they beat Binghamton at all. U-E, I say they steal one game. So 4-4 is being generous, it could easily be 3-5.

Crossovers - Corning, Horseheads, Elmira Free Academy, Elmira Southside.

If M-E goes 4-4 in division, they'd have to win three of four to go 7-5 in Metro. A 7-5 STAC record gets them a .583 winning percentage. So, they'd actually have to get to EIGHT wins (8-4 or better) for that to happen.

I just don't see it. Notice that Chenango Forks, Owego, Windsor, etc. aren't on that schedule anymore. Vestal and Binghamton have three of the last five STAC titles themselves. Horseheads is always tough, and ALL of these teams will probably be more athletic, especially EFA and Ithaca.

I don't understand the Metro move at all - M-E will have years when they do very well, but year in year out, I see it being a struggle.

I may be wrong, let's pull out this post in three months and see.

(metro seems like a down grade at least JC and Seton always had decent squads)

I see JC beat Seton by one point in their first meeting this past weekend. After the first two games Ryan Clark is showing that he is a monster.

Guest Julio Javier

He cant even jump over a phone book, its pretty sad

Is Garbade a good basketball player with good basketball skills or is he just a big guy? I had a conversation with another fellow about him. I think he has some good skill for a big man.

What is the consensus on this board? And please don't bash him or anyone else for that matter. That is not the purpose of my question.

Guest DB4TEEN

that is obvious he was listed as a 5 star up and coming recruit in 2012. He has the nicest jump shot ive seen in my 50 years of watching basketball. The only problem with Seton is jarell reagan. That boy cannot play d is slow as a turtle over weight and he shows no intensity and drive. I hope he is ready to be attacked in all opposing teams game plan because he is for sure the weakest leak.

i see we have a hater...or should i say a meetrider on here...keep hatin on my son,,,jus makes us know how good he really is,,,,and y u love talking about my boy soo much,,,let me guess ,,,he musta bodied ur kid up along the way some where,,,effing bum,,,we let our game do the talking,,if u a real man ud say it to our face,,,better yet my face,,,which i doubt u will,,,cat in the freezer azz chump..

Guest Demolition

Is Garbade a good basketball player with good basketball skills or is he just a big guy? I had a conversation with another fellow about him. I think he has some good skill for a big man.

What is the consensus on this board? And please don't bash him or anyone else for that matter. That is not the purpose of my question.

This is a good question.

I happen to think Bob Garbade is a very good player. It is real easy to target a kid like him, calling him soft and unathletic. He is neither. For a big man, he has very good skills, can finish with either hand, can score from 15 feet away from the basketball, and is an excellent passer out of the low post, and does not take poor shots. Also, he runs the floor deceptively well, at least he did last year in the STAC Championship game vs. ESS. He is a good defender, and is starting to improve his timing on getting to opponents that penetrate into the lane. Furthermore, the "soft" label is totally unwarranted, he is not a cheap shot player, he plays basketball the way it is supposed to be played, and he does box out well, and plays good low post defense.

I think the one aspect he will continue to work on is his upper body strength, and once he does that, he will contribute at Princeton, no question about it.

Guest DB4TEEN

that is obvious he was listed as a 5 star up and coming recruit in 2012. He has the nicest jump shot ive seen in my 50 years of watching basketball. The only problem with Seton is jarell reagan. That boy cannot play d is slow as a turtle over weight and he shows no intensity and drive. I hope he is ready to be attacked in all opposing teams game plan because he is for sure the weakest leak.

cole is good,,,yet soft,,,we all know that,,,as is bob...soft,,,bt whomever u r hating on my boy...please keep it up,,,we love our haters,,,ur wife prolly love the kid as well,,effin bum,,,prolly some trailer trash never been,,,who wanted to be a sports star,,,jus stay off our meat,,,not enough room for u and ur wife to be riding..lmao...eazy nicca!!!!

Archived