Joint Sewage Treatment - 1.3 million in billing errors

The West Sider

The plant used an antiquated honor system for cities and villages and relied on them to report numbers honestly to them-sort of like when customers read their own gas meter and write it on a card and mail it back in to get billed. They can only bill from the water usage reported to them by each municipality. If you took the time to actually read through the audit you would note that there is not an accurate way to confirm those numbers each village and town reports to the plant. Sewage meters are notoriously inaccurate, but the state would like each municipality to install sewage meters-thereby costing users more money.

The plant used an antiquated honor system for cities and villages and relied on them to report numbers honestly to them-sort of like when customers read their own gas meter and write it on a card and mail it back in to get billed. They can only bill from the water usage reported to them by each municipality. If you took the time to actually read through the audit you would note that there is not an accurate way to confirm those numbers each village and town reports to the plant. Sewage meters are notoriously inaccurate, but the state would like each municipality to install sewage meters-thereby costing users more money.

More mismanagement from the most mismanaged plant in the country.

Good Lord, this isn't shocking or even mildly surprising.

Back in the 2001-2003 time frame, the guy who allegedly ran the plant (he was the top guy, in title) spent tons of time in Florida and the way someone found out about it was that his city-issued phone ran a ridiculous long-distance bill. He was essentially running the plant from another region of the country. Good work, if you can get it, I suppose.

That there's massive incompetence at that plant is simply par for the course.

Back in the 2001-2003 time frame, the guy who allegedly ran the plant (he was the top guy, in title) spent tons of time in Florida and the way someone found out about it was that his city-issued phone ran a ridiculous long-distance bill. He was essentially running the plant from another region of the country. Good work, if you can get it, I suppose.

Since when do you pay for long distance on cell phones? I think you are full of DELETED.

Let's keep in mind disbarred and disgraced Binghamton lawyer Ed Crumb is still the Mayor Matthew T. Ryan appointed, Democrat Chairman of the Sewage Treatment Plant Board. This guy that the NYS Bar Association did not trust with his clients' money (he kept at least $35,000 from his clients that they were due, why he was not indicted on criminal charges is anybody's guess) still has his hands on million of dollars of taxpayer dollars.

Total absurdity.

I would not trust the windbag Crumb with a lemonade stand.

Let's keep in mind disbarred and disgraced Binghamton lawyer Ed Crumb is still the Mayor Matthew T. Ryan appointed, Democrat Chairman of the Sewage Treatment Plant Board. This guy that the NYS Bar Association did not trust with his clients' money (he kept at least $35,000 from his clients that they were due, why he was not indicted on criminal charges is anybody's guess) still has his hands on million of dollars of taxpayer dollars.

Total absurdity.

I would not trust the windbag Crumb with a lemonade stand.

Lemonade stand. Sewage treatment. I get it!

Seems the Bozo's running that place just keep DELETED up left and right.

Okay, lets take a stroll back in time. I do not have the links, but as a past Binghamton Home Owner, I remember the following.....

1) There was a big up shake up at City Hall because the Water Treatment Plant was found to be big time short on funds. Mayor Ryan blames the cost of chemicals. This resulted in extremely HIGH increases in the water bills (remember yet???) At the time, LUKE DAY was running the Binghamton Water Treatment Plant. At a City COuncil Meeting I, numberous times, tried to bring this fact up. But as soon as LUKE DAY was used, I was shut down.

The funny thing is that less the 2 weeks later, LUKE DAY was moved by MATT RYAN to the Pulic Works Department and was appointed commissioner, one who requires 2 assistants because he can't do his own job. Regardless, the PWD is still over it's max and the snow still has not arrived (watch how long it takes to clear your streets this winter if we're hit with a major storm)

Now, the icing on the cake is that LUKE DAY is also sitting on the board at the Sewage Treatment Plant.

I wonder why the mis billing - who's hand is in the cookie jar again, but on a larger scale?

You figure it out, 2 + 2 does not add up to 4 this time..........................

More mismanagement from the most mismanaged plant in the country.

I still don't know why the NYS Bar Assoc. will not trust Ed Crumb with only $35,000 of his client's money but the City of Binghamton trusts him with millions.

Why wasn't Crumb indicted?

@

Archived