Arrested SCC Principal Mugshot

Guest Trump

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's to my understanding she may have been given an Adjornment in Contenplation of Dismissal (ACD) with the records sealed by the Judge in the Town of Union Court with the DA's agreement. It was around April of this year. Looks to be a double standard when comes to Who's Who.

Just thinking? What would have happened if it was a poor person in need of food to feed their family? Would they have been given an ACD? If it had been you or I just thinking what would have been? Front page??

It's to my understanding she may have been given an Adjornment in Contenplation of Dismissal (ACD) with the records sealed by the Judge in the Town of Union Court with the DA's agreement. It was around April of this year. Looks to be a double standard when comes to Who's Who.

Just thinking? What would have happened if it was a poor person in need of food to feed their family? Would they have been given an ACD? If it had been you or I just thinking what would have been? Front page??

From what I understand, ADAs usually try to give people a break on their first offense if they don't have a criminal record and/or are otherwise upstanding members of society.

Well, now that the story is out, what now?

I understand that she may not have been convicted (assuming what Independent said is the case), but has the school addressed the matter? Is it even aware of it?

I think that people should be given a second chance--especially if it was a first offence--but still, I find it tough to believe that a person in her position could escape without some kind of employment related sanctions, even if they were solely based on the underlying arrest and not necessarily a conviction.

I understand that she may not have been convicted (assuming what Independent said is the case), but has the school addressed the matter? Is it even aware of it?

I think that people should be given a second chance--especially if it was a first offence--but still, I find it tough to believe that a person in her position could escape without some kind of employment related sanctions, even if they were solely based on the underlying arrest and not necessarily a conviction.

From what I understand, ADAs usually try to give people a break on their first offense if they don't have a criminal record and/or are otherwise upstanding members of society.

Unless you are a black kid from out of town who came to BU to play basketball. Even if it's your first offense and you don't have a criminal record you are a THUG. White lady, catholic school principal steals cart loads of stuff, swept under the rug, let's just forget it ever happened. Yeah, DA has no double standard.

I hope DJ Rivera's lawyer can get the records for this.

The problem with ACDs is that the assumption is made that this is the first time the person has broken the law. In actuality, this is the first time that the person has been caught breaking the law.

I seriously doubt that this is the first time the Principal has done this.

Guest Furious

According to my sources, this is very much a true story.

Look what happened to Binghamton native and former Seton Hall coach, Bobby Gonzalez. It just blows me away why somebody well off would shoplift so I did some online research. Just a copy and paste job of some "Googling" I did on shoplifting. Kind of interesting:

For some, it's a "substitute for loss" because they were unfairly deprived in some way (a divorce situation, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, a bad work related situation, loss of income from a job or investments, etc...)

To others, it's "justified payback" for all they give to others and how little they get back in return.

For some, it's a "relief mechanism" for anxiety, frustration, boredom or depression.

Several studies have found diagnosed depression to exist in approximately 1/3 of the shoplifters studied. Depression was the most frequently found psychological problem. This helps to explain why so many shoplifters steal from stores on their birthday and around holiday times.

Any way you look at it, shoplifters perceive shoplifting as a form of selfnourishment or as a way to relieve fear or pain in their life.

A person's addiction to shoplifting can develop quickly when the excitement generated from "getting away with it" produces a chemical reaction (i.e. adrenalin, etc.) resulting in what shoplifters describe as an incredible "rush" or "high" feeling, which many shoplifters will tell you is the "true reward", rather than the merchandise itself.

In addition to feeling good, shoplifters quickly observe that this "high" temporarily eliminates their feelings of anger, frustration, depression or other unhappiness in their life. Realizing how easy it is to get that "high" feeling, they are pulled toward doing it again..."just one more time"...and their addiction begins to develop.

Interesting how they can always come up with justification/excuse for any action. Pedophiles it's the innocence thing, murderers it because they felt threatened or thought the person was evil therefore they were doing gods work, rapists they wanted to feel superior or lord knows what.

You can break anything down to find reason but it doesn't change the fact that she's a hypocrite and she should be resigning asap. The DA shouldn't be hiding this, if he is I think he should resign also. You do something such as shoplift, in a public place, it should be public knowledge. Friend or no friend.

Well this may sound a little extreme but if she can steal from a store like that what makes you think she isn't stealing from fund raisers, childrens lunch money, donations to the school, school supplies that our tax dollars pay for to provide for the children, maybe she's stealing things from the school and selling them on eBay to make some extra cash!! In any case she clearly can not be trusted that's for sure!! Who's to really know if it's a first offense if they can seal something like this up for nearly 9 months without breathing a word to the media!!

What is the huge interest with this incident????

She was shoplifting. She got caught shoplifting. She was arrested.

She should go through the court system and her employer should send her through whatever procedure they have.

If the result is she is fired, good. If some other discipline is determined to be adaquate, fine.

What is the bid attraction????

Does it matter who she is? Where she works?

People steal things all the time for little or no reason. It isn't usually because they "need" it.

What is the huge interest with this incident????

She was shoplifting. She got caught shoplifting. She was arrested.

She should go through the court system and her employer should send her through whatever procedure they have.

If the result is she is fired, good. If some other discipline is determined to be adaquate, fine.

What is the bid attraction????

Does it matter who she is? Where she works?

People steal things all the time for little or no reason. It isn't usually because they "need" it.

I agree with the tone your using but not the statement.

People who are high in some type of position, be it our schools, or some form of government, know what the difference between right and wrong is. Most will push to see just how much they can get away with and for how long.

I believe that the people have the right to know about these people doing this type of thing. It raises to many questions, both of past involvement and future involvement into other areas that they would have access to when holding the position they are.

In this case, the media should have picked up on it and made it publicly known. I would think that the parents of the children that attend the school should demand to see what actions, if any, were taken against this person. One needs to lead by example and if this is the type of example she is giving to the children, she needs to go.

2 local stores you do not want to shoplift in because they have extensive hidden survelliance cameras... Wegmans and Bon-Ton in the Oakdale Mall. Weis has the brothers with baggy pants and big coats loading up with steak and ribs and simply walking out.

Guest Whatta Hypocrite

Years ago, we had to go up to Seton and complain to Dwyer about some possessions that were stolen from our Son's gym locker by another student.

She was shocked and didn't believe such things happened at her beloved Saint school.

Her comment to us was "Don't these kids know the 10 Commandments"?

What a Hypocrite.

Would a FOIA request on this incident produce the arrest report along with the mugshot even if it was sealed by the Judge? What is the salary for SCC Principal?

Not sure. The arrest record should still be available, as it is to the understanding that the court action is what was sealed.

May a direct contact to her boss is in order to obtain information. But I believe it would have to come from a parent of one of the students and would have to be a strong enough request where if no action was taken to give you the results of actions taken against her where the school is concerned, other parents would need to get involved and really nail this down tight.

I am confused, was this person arrested in March and this is just coming out or was she arrested in March and then just recently arrested again. Someone please explain, thanks.

She was NOT convicted of any crime. Maybe her dealings were SEALED. As millions of other cases are SEALED each year. Read below the quote from our NYS law.

Say for instance, you are shopping, you become distracted, (eg, emergency call, baby throws up, toddler gets loose, etc) and walk outside the boundries of the store with goods. You then go back in and pay. However, you were in such a "state of mind", you were so distacted that you walked out. You then go back into the store. Pay your bill. The case is SEALED. "NO CONVICTION".

Some things in this world are meant to be PRIVATE. The relationship you have with your docotor is PRIVATE. Do you want your medical records posted on this forum? Do you want everytime you ran a light posted on this forum? You would hope decent people would RESPECT your dignity. I find it repulsive that some store / court / police person violated their confidentiality and let this become public. (Regardless as to who is involved.) Some mean-spirited people in this world. We all don't lead perfect lives. Have some basic human compassion. This probably was private.

All this is....is speculation as to what happened. IMO this is all gossip. Nasty, hurtful, damaging gossip.

"Disclosing sealed court files is a serious matter. It could constitute contempt of court. "

Quote from NYS law:

d. Warning: The failure to seal records can lead to serious consequences, often without any remedy.

5. Sealing Records for People Charged as Adults (CPL §§ 160.50, 160.55, & 720.35)

a. New York State does not delete or expunge records – it only seals them.

i) Sealing is automatic for all relevant dispositions after 11/1/91.

ii) For pre-1991 convictions, you must get a sealing order from the sentencing court (but the sealing remains a matter of right). The procedure varies, so contact the clerk of court of the sentencing court for instructions.

b. Misdemeanor and felony convictions: can never be sealed.i) They remain on a person’s criminal record for life.

ii) Address these convictions with certificates to demonstrate rehabilitation (see next section).

c. Favorable Dispositions: CPL § 160.50 seals arrests that resulted in a disposition favorable to the defendant (e.g., acquittal, dismissal, decline prosecution, ACD).

i) Legal Nullity: Under CPL § 160.60, “pon the termination of a criminal action or proceeding against a person in favor of such person, as defined in subdivision two of section 160.50 of this chapter, the arrest and prosecution shall be deemed a nullity and the accused shall be restored, in contemplation of law, to the status he occupied before the arrest and prosecution. The arrest or prosecution shall not operate as a disqualification of any person so accused to pursue or engage in any lawful activity, occupation, profession, or calling. Except where specifically required or permitted by statute or upon specific authorization of a superior court, no such person shall be required to divulge information pertaining to the arrest or prosecution.” (Emphasis added.)

ii) (See Employment section on Rights & Protections below.)

d. Violations: CPL § 160.55 seals arrests that led to a conviction for non-criminal offenses (violations), EXCEPT convictions for DWI and prostitution (loitering).

i) Warning: Private criminal records searches will reveal convictions for violations because court records are NOT sealed under CPL § 160.55 and the Office of Court Administration sells this information to private companies.

e. Marijuana Violations: CPL § 160.50(3)(k) seals arrests that led to a marijuana violation under P.L. § 221.05 (after 3-year waiting period).

f. Youthful Offender Adjudications (CPL § 720.35)

i) YO Adjudications are confidential, but do appear on DCJS rap sheets issued for criminal justice purposes.

ii) All official records and papers relating to the case are confidential and may not be made available to any person or public or private agency.

g. Practice Tip – Limitation on Use of Sealed Records

i) No unsealing or use in criminal sentencing (or bail). Katherine B. v. Cataldo, 5 N.Y.3d 196 (2005).

ii) No unsealing or use in employment disciplinary proceedings. Matter of Joseph M. v. New York City Board of Education, 82 N.Y.2d 128, 134 (1993); In the Matter of Scott D., 13 A.D.3d 622 (2d Dept. 2004); Application of Police Commissioner of the City of New York, 131 Misc. 2d 695 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co. 1986).

iii) No unsealing or use in eviction proceedings. People v. Manauri R., NYLJ 21, col. 1 (Sup. Ct. Bronx Co. Oct. 22, 2004); People v. Canales, 174 Misc. 2d 387 (Sup. Ct. Bronx 1997).

The theory of being so upset with something that you forget to pay for your groceries may work in some cases but, a few weeks ago, I was listening to the scanner and a call went out to go to Wegmans because they had a habitual shoplifter that loaded their cart and just walked out of the store. The store had this person on tape which means that they recognized the person from previous visits, doing the same thing.

If this is true of the Principal of a school, she should be removed or start teaching the students that shoplifting is ok until you get caught.

When I blocked the first post to get to the bottom of Trump's post, not only was i trying to protect SCC's principal but the good Catholic school as well. Let it be understood by all who come to read posts on BCV.

Catholic schools do a fine job and are needed in our community.

Garo K.

Archived