Windsor HS Softball In 2011 Morabito

Guest Section 4 Softball Fan

this must be a pitchers dad! Since he is so fool of himself. It has been a few years since section 4 saw a good consistant pitcher. you are so selfish since this is a team sport......so get a grip and come off of your high cloud.

Wrong, not a pitcher's dad. Call it a team sport all you want. The bottom line is if you have a pitcher you go a long way. You never answered my question either, how many no hitters were thrown in section 4 last year? I will start with a lot of them. The sport is a joke one player can dominate.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

considering they only play 7 innings in a softball game...probably NO 27 strikeout games have been thrown in section IV

This is by far the best response to anybody and a classic case of getting owned! I wish I thought of it!

This is by far the best response to anybody and a classic case of getting owned! I wish I thought of it!

The local softball mentality is maniacal, and always has been.

Fact is if you have a decent pitcher you barely have to coach your kids.

You never see what a team can do until it is a big time contest and find out

how dumb they are with base running and defensive positioning.

Hitting is a huge piece of the game for sure at the highest level. But the highest

level occurs really only in 3-4 out of 20 games before the state semis.

If you have a kid that can pitch and that is it, you can still get into the section semis and finals.

Not a game where you need 9 good players to be competitive.

The local softball mentality is maniacal, and always has been.

Fact is if you have a decent pitcher you barely have to coach your kids.

You never see what a team can do until it is a big time contest and find out

how dumb they are with base running and defensive positioning.

Hitting is a huge piece of the game for sure at the highest level. But the highest

level occurs really only in 3-4 out of 20 games before the state semis.

If you have a kid that can pitch and that is it, you can still get into the section semis and finals.

Not a game where you need 9 good players to be competitive.

I think you should ask Dale Cook if you "barely have to coach your kids" just because you have a decent pitcher. Believe it or not even with an outstanding pitcher the ball is put in play and you need fielders that know how to field the ball and where to throw the ball and when to go for the lead runner and when to take the out etc.

You need a team to play and to think otherwise is just ignorant.

I think you should ask Dale Cook if you "barely have to coach your kids" just because you have a decent pitcher. Believe it or not even with an outstanding pitcher the ball is put in play and you need fielders that know how to field the ball and where to throw the ball and when to go for the lead runner and when to take the out etc.

You need a team to play and to think otherwise is just ignorant.

Why so I can listen to the blowhard rant and rave for a few hours?

face facts when you have a stud pitcher (Barb Cook-Becca Wiggins) you win state titles with decent play from your team (good play from the field makes you unbeatable).

when you have above average pitching (Rachel Wiggins) and the same good team play you fall short of the state crown

when you have average pitching you don't win anything no matter what the coaching or talent behind you (his time at Binghamton)

Guest Softball

How about when all of the pitchers are good or at least above average? Come to the Morabito at BAGSAI. Tow year ago the Championship game with CV-Victor was like a 7-6 game. The good teams schedule as many good pitchers as possible so that their hitters get used to seeing it and they will eventually adapt to hitting it. I am very suprised that you didn't respond to the College World Series argument. Well maybe I am not considering your ignorance of the sport!

Did you happen to see Chenango Valley play the best pitcher in the state (arguably) in the state semi's last year? Sure it is not an every game occurrance when 3 HR's are hit to win a game, but it isn't in MLB either. Lack of run production didn't take away excitement of the sectional final v. Windsor, which was anybody's game with pitcher's getting out of jam after jam. Go to a CV Windsor game this year and see if it is only pitching? The 1st game last year was decided on a two out play at the plate, off of a triple that was nearly a HR if not for a great OF relay.

Look at MLB - everyone wants the best pitching, but it is seldom the only element needed for a successful season!

2011 promises to be agreat year for HS softball. CV-Windsor will still headline the East, but SCC will be in the mix with a talented young group. Oneonta looks to rebuid around a good young nucleus and CF continues to rebuid, but promises to be competitive. SV and Owego are both up and coming and will battle JC for supremacy in the Central division. The Metro should be a a real good show with Union-Endicott and Binghamton battling for the top spot and young Vestal and M-E squads looking to play the spoiler.

It should be where the West was won out in the STAC West. A unified Corning squad would get a serios nod, but EFA and Horseheads will not go away quitely (EFA may have to wait a year until the get a boost from ESS).

It doesn't end there. Make sure to catch Greene, Afton, Tioga, Newark Valley,and Elmira Notre Dame if you want to see some good small school softball. These schools would be competitive with any of those mentioned above.

Now maybe you see why Section IV softball experiences the success that it does. Some say it is maniacal, but I would call it passion. Possibly this is missing from your life, which is why you are on BC Voice posting negatively on Section IV's most exciting sport!

How about when all of the pitchers are good or at least above average? Come to the Morabito at BAGSAI. Tow year ago the Championship game with CV-Victor was like a 7-6 game. The good teams schedule as many good pitchers as possible so that their hitters get used to seeing it and they will eventually adapt to hitting it. I am very suprised that you didn't respond to the College World Series argument. Well maybe I am not considering your ignorance of the sport!

Did you happen to see Chenango Valley play the best pitcher in the state (arguably) in the state semi's last year? Sure it is not an every game occurrance when 3 HR's are hit to win a game, but it isn't in MLB either. Lack of run production didn't take away excitement of the sectional final v. Windsor, which was anybody's game with pitcher's getting out of jam after jam. Go to a CV Windsor game this year and see if it is only pitching? The 1st game last year was decided on a two out play at the plate, off of a triple that was nearly a HR if not for a great OF relay.

Look at MLB - everyone wants the best pitching, but it is seldom the only element needed for a successful season!

2011 promises to be agreat year for HS softball. CV-Windsor will still headline the East, but SCC will be in the mix with a talented young group. Oneonta looks to rebuid around a good young nucleus and CF continues to rebuid, but promises to be competitive. SV and Owego are both up and coming and will battle JC for supremacy in the Central division. The Metro should be a a real good show with Union-Endicott and Binghamton battling for the top spot and young Vestal and M-E squads looking to play the spoiler.

It should be where the West was won out in the STAC West. A unified Corning squad would get a serios nod, but EFA and Horseheads will not go away quitely (EFA may have to wait a year until the get a boost from ESS).

It doesn't end there. Make sure to catch Greene, Afton, Tioga, Newark Valley,and Elmira Notre Dame if you want to see some good small school softball. These schools would be competitive with any of those mentioned above.

Now maybe you see why Section IV softball experiences the success that it does. Some say it is maniacal, but I would call it passion. Possibly this is missing from your life, which is why you are on BC Voice posting negatively on Section IV's most exciting sport!

No ignorance, the best pitcher wins. Ever think that the pitching was down last year? I did! So who's ignorant now? Your ignorance is very evident when you try to compare MLB to softball. A MLB team needs more than one pitcher because they can't pitch EVERY DAY like a softball pitcher can. Bad move going in that direction.

Finally, talk about CV, Windsor, ME, SCC, Vestal etc. but the bottom line is without a pitcher, they don't win! Once again, softball is good because this area is willing to shell out the cash to get good at it. Call it a passion, sure, a passion to spend money to make you kid good, that's fine. Last thing, don't ever call a girl's sport the most exciting sport. 1-0 or 14-0 isn't anything to get too excited about!

considering they only play 7 innings in a softball game...probably NO 27 strikeout games have been thrown in section IV

YEA :lol: :lol: and that shit for brains argues he understands the game.

No, Mechanicville decided not to come back to the Morabito Tournament for 2011. I had heard that there were some issues "off the field" with Mechanicville when they traveled to Morabito last year and thus their coach, possibly as a punishment to his team, decided not to come back. M'Ville's Archemeaux is a realy good player. Neverless, plenty of great teams playing this year and its nice to see Windsor back in the tournament. How about a CNS vs. CV game?

Is Mechanicville playing?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you spent any time in the gym during the off seasons, watching Coach Cook work with his players (Pitchers and other position players - either currently at Binghamton or when he was at Sus Valley) you would see the tireless hours he puts in to help develop his players. Its not all about having a "STUD PITCHER" its about having a good team, especially defensively. His teams of the past have had pitchers who did not strike out 14 batters a game. They used excellent defense to win championships. Easier said than done in most cases. So get off the Coach Cook bashing bandwagen and given him the credit he is due.

Why so I can listen to the blowhard rant and rave for a few hours?

face facts when you have a stud pitcher (Barb Cook-Becca Wiggins) you win state titles with decent play from your team (good play from the field makes you unbeatable).

when you have above average pitching (Rachel Wiggins) and the same good team play you fall short of the state crown

when you have average pitching you don't win anything no matter what the coaching or talent behind you (his time at Binghamton)

Guest Dr. Phil

No ignorance, the best pitcher wins. Ever think that the pitching was down last year? I did! So who's ignorant now? Your ignorance is very evident when you try to compare MLB to softball. A MLB team needs more than one pitcher because they can't pitch EVERY DAY like a softball pitcher can. Bad move going in that direction.

Finally, talk about CV, Windsor, ME, SCC, Vestal etc. but the bottom line is without a pitcher, they don't win! Once again, softball is good because this area is willing to shell out the cash to get good at it. Call it a passion, sure, a passion to spend money to make you kid good, that's fine. Last thing, don't ever call a girl's sport the most exciting sport. 1-0 or 14-0 isn't anything to get too excited about!

Wow, you just will not give up on this money issue will you. What is it to you how someone choses to spend their money. You can have your opinions but they are really irrelevant to someone that finds the sport exciting. You are very narrow minded to think that just because you feel the way you do and constantly make every attempt to belittle someone else's opinion makes you correct. It only makes you who you are a bitter, miserable, complaining wretch that really needs to get over your past disappointment with softball and find a more positive outlet.

Wow, you just will not give up on this money issue will you. What is it to you how someone choses to spend their money. You can have your opinions but they are really irrelevant to someone that finds the sport exciting. You are very narrow minded to think that just because you feel the way you do and constantly make every attempt to belittle someone else's opinion makes you correct. It only makes you who you are a bitter, miserable, complaining wretch that really needs to get over your past disappointment with softball and find a more positive outlet.

Argue all you want but in all honesty some of the worst true athletes in schools are good at softball. If you have a parent willing to live their dream through their child they pay money and you can actually get good at it. I really don't see how that can be argued. I've also seen many kids walk away from this sport that you call exciting because of the finacial aspects and time consuming summers that are evident in softball. Call me narrow minded all you want but disprove my statements rather than telling me I'm bitter, miserable and a complaining wretch. If it's not true why are you slinging all the mud at me?

Guest You are Delusional

Argue all you want but in all honesty some of the worst true athletes in schools are good at softball. If you have a parent willing to live their dream through their child they pay money and you can actually get good at it. I really don't see how that can be argued. I've also seen many kids walk away from this sport that you call exciting because of the finacial aspects and time consuming summers that are evident in softball. Call me narrow minded all you want but disprove my statements rather than telling me I'm bitter, miserable and a complaining wretch. If it's not true why are you slinging all the mud at me?

Who is arguing you seem to miss all the relevancy of my post and ignore the comment most damning to you, what is your real issue with the money and who are you to tell anyone how to spend it. Answer that question with honesty and clarity and maybe you will answer the pointless questions you have above disproving what you call facts. Facts are not something that a simpelton states and then calls facts. If it was a fact it would apply to all conditions and that is not the case with your "FACTS" the fact is that some people actually have real lives and enjoy life and do not try to force their opinions and beliefs on others. I think what this really boils down to is you were trying to live vicariously through your poor unfortunate child and you were disappointed in a major way. Your issue is yours to deal with and I think I am just helping you cope so I hope you get some degree of joy from thinking that your point of view is the only one with merit, sadly you are incorrect.

Who is arguing you seem to miss all the relevancy of my post and ignore the comment most damning to you, what is your real issue with the money and who are you to tell anyone how to spend it. Answer that question with honesty and clarity and maybe you will answer the pointless questions you have above disproving what you call facts. Facts are not something that a simpelton states and then calls facts. If it was a fact it would apply to all conditions and that is not the case with your "FACTS" the fact is that some people actually have real lives and enjoy life and do not try to force their opinions and beliefs on others. I think what this really boils down to is you were trying to live vicariously through your poor unfortunate child and you were disappointed in a major way. Your issue is yours to deal with and I think I am just helping you cope so I hope you get some degree of joy from thinking that your point of view is the only one with merit, sadly you are incorrect.

First of all, what did you say that was damning to me? Second, I don't care what people do with their money, I made a statement that you could pay your way to being a good softball player and people got bent out of shape! Is that an issue that I have? I think not.

The best part of your post is when you accuse me of trying to live vicariously through my child! I just posted that in the post before yours and then you try to turn it on me? How pathetic is that?

Argue all you want but in all honesty some of the worst true athletes in schools are good at softball. If you have a parent willing to live their dream through their child they pay money and you can actually get good at it.

If you go back and look at posts #11, 13, 14, and 15 they all "tip toe" around the idea that I'm right about paying to get better. Heck, post #25 comes right out and admits it! Just out of curiosity I'd love to know what it cost for families to travel all summer for softball. Now you say I don't listen to you how about you answer some questions?

1- Can you pay money and get good at softball?

2- Are most parents crazy and just get in the way while trying to kiss the coaches tail?

3- Do most people, associated with softball, think they are better than others because of this tie to the sport?

4- Do all parents think they can coach the game as good as the coach?

5- If the section is so good at softball, a game that they pay to get good at, then why aren't we so good at other girl's sports that you can't just pay and get better at?

Guest You have lost it

First of all, what did you say that was damning to me? Second, I don't care what people do with their money, I made a statement that you could pay your way to being a good softball player and people got bent out of shape! Is that an issue that I have? I think not.

The best part of your post is when you accuse me of trying to live vicariously through my child! I just posted that in the post before yours and then you try to turn it on me? How pathetic is that?

If you go back and look at posts #11, 13, 14, and 15 they all "tip toe" around the idea that I'm right about paying to get better. Heck, post #25 comes right out and admits it! Just out of curiosity I'd love to know what it cost for families to travel all summer for softball. Now you say I don't listen to you how about you answer some questions?

2- Are most parents crazy and just get in the way while trying to kiss the coaches tail?

3- Do most people, associated with softball, think they are better than others because of this tie to the sport?

5- If the section is so good at softball, a game that they pay to get good at, then why aren't we so good at other girl's sports that you can't just pay and get better at?

You are losing it, where do you get the damning bit, Second you brought up the issue of money so how is it not an issue, you repeat it in every post you make, I think you are getting lost in space buddy.

1- Can you not pay money and get good a softball. Of course you can. You must have been a wonderful parent to just quit on your child because you did not have the ability to help them without paying money. I can tell you of numerous children that did not pay to play and they excelled. HARD WORK you just use the money issue to cloud reality.

2- Yeah all parents kiss the coaches butt every last one of them. (I will let you know that this is sarcasm so you save face in your reply)

3- Are you back to your inferiority complex.

4- Yeah buddy all parents think this you are so intuitive.

5- Hey simpleton are you really saying that the only way to get better is to pay you really are an idiot, there is a thing called hard work but you just keep typing.

You can get better by putting in hard work to a point there are things that need to be taught so if I am reading this right your saying that no extra help such as a camp or lessons will help aide a person in getting better. I feel its like spending money on a class to help you be the best at your job. I am no taking any sides but natural talent only gets you so far everyone can use a little help from professional players to t ball that's what makes you better.

You can get better by putting in hard work to a point there are things that need to be taught so if I am reading this right your saying that no extra help such as a camp or lessons will help aide a person in getting better. I feel its like spending money on a class to help you be the best at your job. I am no taking any sides but natural talent only gets you so far everyone can use a little help from professional players to t ball that's what makes you better.

Please where did I say that extra help will not aide in improvement. Go back and read the previous posts, I am rebutting what the other OP is saying that only money will make you better.

Please where did I say that extra help will not aide in improvement. Go back and read the previous posts, I am rebutting what the other OP is saying that only money will make you better.

I NEVER said ONLY money will make you better. Better read again.

1- Can you not pay money and get good a softball. Of course you can. You must have been a wonderful parent to just quit on your child because you did not have the ability to help them without paying money. I can tell you of numerous children that did not pay to play and they excelled. HARD WORK you just use the money issue to cloud reality.

2- Yeah all parents kiss the coaches butt every last one of them. (I will let you know that this is sarcasm so you save face in your reply)

3- Are you back to your inferiority complex.

4- Yeah buddy all parents think this you are so intuitive.

5- Hey simpleton are you really saying that the only way to get better is to pay you really are an idiot, there is a thing called hard work but you just keep typing.

Breaking down your answers:

1- You say of course you can. You then ASSUME that I quit on my kid? Lost me there. So your answer is YES.

2- Had to answer the question sarcatically? Why? Obviously it's a true statement or you would have not had to resort to sarcism.

3- Couldn't anwer that one either huh? Why? Obviously you know what I'm talking about again.

4- See #3 and #4.

5- Did I ever say the ONLY way to get good is by paying? Nope! I believe I did say it's a sport that you can pay and get good. So you've decided to blow off 4 of the 5 questions and not answer them. And you call me names like simpleton and idiot? Nice try...

Breaking down your answers:

1- You say of course you can. You then ASSUME that I quit on my kid? Lost me there. So your answer is YES.

2- Had to answer the question sarcatically? Why? Obviously it's a true statement or you would have not had to resort to sarcism.

3- Couldn't anwer that one either huh? Why? Obviously you know what I'm talking about again.

4- See #3 and #4.

5- Did I ever say the ONLY way to get good is by paying? Nope! I believe I did say it's a sport that you can pay and get good. So you've decided to blow off 4 of the 5 questions and not answer them. And you call me names like simpleton and idiot? Nice try...

Please Give It A FUCKING REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Give It A FUCKING REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's your response? I'll take that as a "I won!" Tell your daughter I said good luck in softball this year!

Guest You Win

That's your response? I'll take that as a "I won!" Tell your daughter I said good luck in softball this year!

Simpleton, I do not need to resort to vulgarity to make my point(i.e. I did not make the last post just to clarify for you as you really are simple). You are truly a weak minded individual that has serious mommy issues. If you need to have that last word to justify your pathetic exsistence then you have it. Really "I won" get a life that's what this was all about you winning OK you must have an issue with losing as well. You win. I hope your children will at least still call you.

Simpleton, I do not need to resort to vulgarity to make my point(i.e. I did not make the last post just to clarify for you as you really are simple). You are truly a weak minded individual that has serious mommy issues. If you need to have that last word to justify your pathetic exsistence then you have it. Really "I won" get a life that's what this was all about you winning OK you must have an issue with losing as well. You win. I hope your children will at least still call you.

Vulagity and name calling go hand-in-hand. You call me 1-simpleton, 2- weak minded, 3- tell me I have serious mommy issues, 4- tell me I have a pathetic existence, 5- tell me to get a life and 6- tell me that you hope my children will at least still call me? Six direct hits at me in one post? I'd look in the mirror before I accuse anybody of having issues. You'd rather answer a post by bashing me 6 different times than by actually giving us some type of information to disprove what I've said (or you use your cute little sarcastoc approach, that was clever.) If you have anything to refute what I've stated say it. If not save the name calling for your own daughter for wasting your money! Oops, I've resorted to what you've been doing!!! Get a life...

Poor Waldron.

He must be proud of the people associated with his program.

This post is all about softball in general. Not one team. The way the post has gone it does look like softball is full of a bunch of know it alls.

Archived