new restuarant

mulligan

Guest Guest

Get a F-N clue yourself, Moron. It's a CHAIN!!!

Anyone who raves about chain restaurants should be shot.

Drive to Syracuse and go to Carraba's, then tell me what you think about chains. Better than any Italian restaurant in Binghamton.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

You can't get a real burger for less than $10, and especially not in Binghamton. The best burger I had in that area was from the Outback, which is sad if you think about it.

But yeah, old country buffet. Whoo wee :/

If I want a real awesome burger I make it at home. Much better and much cheaper than eating out. Plus I get to control how it's cooked.

Guest Guest
I saw the menu, and the prices aren't bad. The basic burger plus one side is 7 dollars and it goes up from there. You pay that at most bars for their burger.

Honestly, it'll cost you that much to get a combo at McDonald's, if you actually get the acceptable burger...and that's all it is. Sort of acceptable.

What we need is PF Changs, we have nothing like it. ( and no kampi is not like PF Changs)

PF Chang's isn't really that great, but it's certainly a step up from most of what we have locally. Part of the problem with the whole idea is that people think of Chinese food as being cheap, low-quality, so decent places have a lot of trouble getting people in the door, especially in areas like this.

Real Chinese cooking is every bit as impressive as French or Italian, but, unfortunately, most Binghamtonians aren't exactly noted for their sense of adventure when it comes to dining.

Guest Guest

Get a F-N clue yourself, Moron. It's a CHAIN!!!

Anyone who raves about chain restaurants should be shot.

I think you need to learn how to read, what I said was if YOU didn't know upon walking into the restaurant that it was a CHAIN. You would never know it was a chain, the atmosphere is not typical of most chain restaurants. So you can stick to whatever garbage you injest, I'll stick to quality chains. I suppose you think the Bonefish Grill is trash too?

Guest guest

Drive to Syracuse and go to Carraba's, then tell me what you think about chains. Better than any Italian restaurant in Binghamton.

Pre-packed crap hope you have taste in something, because you do not in food.

Guest Guest

If I want a real awesome burger I make it at home. Much better and much cheaper than eating out. Plus I get to control how it's cooked.

You sit home alone with your awesome burger, and we'll join some friends out for dinner.

Guest Guest

It's the second sentence that is important, there. Binghamton is not exactly the accepted standard for fine cuisine.

Maybe we should have a BCVoice get-together. We can have it at the Olive Garden.

Guest Guest

Pre-packed crap hope you have taste in something, because you do not in food.

Have you been there? Nothing there is pre-packed at all. In fact, essentially everything is made from scratch on a daily basis. The outback does this too, and they are coincidentally owned by the same company. Not all chain restaurants serve "pre-packed crap," though I'll grant you most do.

On the other hand, I'd bet you'd be suprised how many non-chains DO serve pre-packed food. The decisive factor is not whether or not it's a chain, it's if you know what you're paying for. Which apparently, you do not.

Guest Guest

Have you been there? Nothing there is pre-packed at all. In fact, essentially everything is made from scratch on a daily basis. The outback does this too, and they are coincidentally owned by the same company. Not all chain restaurants serve "pre-packed crap," though I'll grant you most do.

On the other hand, I'd bet you'd be suprised how many non-chains DO serve pre-packed food. The decisive factor is not whether or not it's a chain, it's if you know what you're paying for. Which apparently, you do not.

Kool Aid from years ago when they started yes from scratch and meats were cut in house. Over the last three years to cut cost more precut meat and prepack used. I did not say it was bad, just read the trades online. I sell food line products.

Guest Guest

Kool Aid from years ago when they started yes from scratch and meats were cut in house. Over the last three years to cut cost more precut meat and prepack used. I did not say it was bad, just read the trades online. I sell food line products.

Well... Prove it.

Guest Guest

I think you need to learn how to read, what I said was if YOU didn't know upon walking into the restaurant that it was a CHAIN. You would never know it was a chain, the atmosphere is not typical of most chain restaurants. So you can stick to whatever garbage you injest, I'll stick to quality chains. I suppose you think the Bonefish Grill is trash too?

Well, I guess we can all tell where your taste is.

Guest Guest

Like anyone takes you seriously?

Guest Heimie

Went to Burger Monday's for lunch with some co-workers. Was NOT impressed. Too many excuses given for their errors. Just because you've been open a few days doesn't mean you can make as many mistakes. Initial impressions are the most important. Telling someone they can only get their burger cooked medium-well, and then sending it out extremely well, because you don't want to inundate the kitchen is just wrong. It was bad enough that we were told it was going to be at least 20 minutes from the time we ordered to get our burgers. Having items come out the way you didn't order it and then being told we're still working out the kinks is a lame excuse. If someone orders something plain it doesn't mean you put the aioli on it with other condiments. Plain should be easier. One of my co-workers ordered his burger with cheese, lettuce and onions. All he got was the lettuce.

The service was ok, but we were given too many excuses for their failings. If your cooks can't handle the pressure now then they never will be able to. It's not like they're cooking exotic meals, they're making burgers. Like I said, initial impressions are important and my initial impression is to tell people to wait a while before going. So they can iron our their "kinks" and maybe stop making excuses. I for one will not go back for a while.

All I have to say is Chumpereroo. I would never have wasted my time going there once I read on here that they have outrageously priced $10 hamburgers. Anybody stupid enough to charge that much is probably equally stupid in running the restaurant operations. Dp yourself a favor and go to Bobby's Place for your burger lunch special. For $5.99 you get a big burger, french fries and a soda.

Guest Guest

Not working TOGETHER. Anything takes a little time to get a rhythym going. Sounds like you were just dying to bash them, frankly.

They're cooking BURGERS, not fine dining cuisine. It's not that difficult. Someone orders a plain burger medium, they're told it's only cooked medium well for the time being and then it's sent out extremely well with condiments on it. Clearly the cooks are idiots.

Guest Guest

They're cooking BURGERS, not fine dining cuisine. It's not that difficult. Someone orders a plain burger medium, they're told it's only cooked medium well for the time being and then it's sent out extremely well with condiments on it. Clearly the cooks are idiots.

And you know this because you cook 6 burgers on BBQ every weekend. You have no clue and it sounds like they should have had a soft opening. This is what happen when people who were selling shoes last week think they can run a restaurant. Please do not tell me the guy is a chef from number 5. Just because you buy a chef coat and call your self a chef, does not make you a chef. Running a restaurant is about a system. You can have great food but if you can not get it to the table what good is it.

Guest Guest

WTF. Are you always this angry with restaurant employees? The only thing clear is that YOU are an idiot, and if I were the owner of this place, you wouldn't be allowed in.

Guest Guest

And you know this because you cook 6 burgers on BBQ every weekend. You have no clue and it sounds like they should have had a soft opening. This is what happen when people who were selling shoes last week think they can run a restaurant. Please do not tell me the guy is a chef from number 5. Just because you buy a chef coat and call your self a chef, does not make you a chef. Running a restaurant is about a system. You can have great food but if you can not get it to the table what good is it.

Sounds like the competition is trying to sandbag 'em.

Guest Guest

Sounds like the competition is trying to sandbag 'em.

No, just I know what it take to make a restaurant work. Around here the demand and taste is so low anything can make it for year and then they run out of money.

Guest Guest
All I have to say is Chumpereroo. I would never have wasted my time going there once I read on here that they have outrageously priced $10 hamburgers. Anybody stupid enough to charge that much is probably equally stupid in running the restaurant operations. Dp yourself a favor and go to Bobby's Place for your burger lunch special. For $5.99 you get a big burger, french fries and a soda.

Considering that a better burger and fresh-cut fries at this place is $7, it doesn't sound like you have as much of a point as you think you do. To spend $10, you're going to be getting something you simply can't order at Bobby's Place at all.

Still, if you prefer to eat junky bar food at a dive bar, you certainly can. I've been to Bobby's Place a couple of times, and while it's alright, I'll gladly pay a dollar or two to eat in a better environment. Why would I pay to eat somewhere that isn't nearly as nice as my own living room?

(If only I could find that clip from the Simpsons where Homer decides to try out drinking at 'The Aristocrat'. "Uh, can I get it in a clean glass?" "Oh! Well! Here you go, your majesty!")

Guest guest

Regardless of the quality of the food, the location is terrible. Parking is an issue (unless you like ramp parking)and the area is not safe at night. I wish them well, but they will never make it on that corner

Guest Guest
Regardless of the quality of the food, the location is terrible. Parking is an issue (unless you like ramp parking)and the area is not safe at night. I wish them well, but they will never make it on that corner

It's perfectly safe there. It's not like it's some lonely corner, it's pretty much line-of-sight to the Forum, the Lost Dog, the Mad Moose, and a few dozen apartment units. Besides, what's wrong with ramp parking?

I think the biggest issue with the location is visibility. They need to do something to draw attention to it, make the corner more eye-catching. It's an odd lot, so it's just not something a lot of people look directly at as they come through. Honestly, it's hard to tell it's open unless you notice the foot traffic. In most cities, restaurants that want to draw some attention to their storefront will hang up some white Christmas-style lights or something like that, which has a nice effect during warmer weather. Might work well for them to go a little overboard, with so much cross-traffic from so many directions.

We went in to check it out based on this thread and we enjoyed it. There were a couple kinks to work out (for example, the hostess was apparently confused about transferring our bar tab over to the table, which should be a simple thing), but service was quick, the environment was pleasant and well-appointed with comfortable space between seating (including at the bar), and the food was solid. Our wait for a table was very short, and they were doing plenty of business. I think the Italian beef is a first for the area. I'm always a little frustrated with how plain most cooking is around here, so having something flavorful that I grew up with served at a local restaurant made me happy. Wasn't the way my family makes it, but I know it's similar to what some popular Italian beef shops do, and the flavor was good. The fries were very good, the salad was alright but I thought the dressing needed a little something. Definitely a reasonable price ($30) for two sizable sandwiches with sides and two drinks from the bar. Did not try the desserts, but they had some stuff that looked great, and I'm curious about some of the other sandwiches.

Bar needs more good scotch, but as far as I know, so does just about every other bar in Broome County.

Guest Guest

I never read anywhere that this was their "GRAND OPENING", so I consider this a soft opening. They already had family and friends in prior to the 28th.

Guest Guest

People who work downtown can walk, and in the past going to Zazou's, I usually found parking right on Henry St.

Guest glenlivet

It's perfectly safe there. It's not like it's some lonely corner, it's pretty much line-of-sight to the Forum, the Lost Dog, the Mad Moose, and a few dozen apartment units. Besides, what's wrong with ramp parking?

I think the biggest issue with the location is visibility. They need to do something to draw attention to it, make the corner more eye-catching. It's an odd lot, so it's just not something a lot of people look directly at as they come through. Honestly, it's hard to tell it's open unless you notice the foot traffic. In most cities, restaurants that want to draw some attention to their storefront will hang up some white Christmas-style lights or something like that, which has a nice effect during warmer weather. Might work well for them to go a little overboard, with so much cross-traffic from so many directions.

We went in to check it out based on this thread and we enjoyed it. There were a couple kinks to work out (for example, the hostess was apparently confused about transferring our bar tab over to the table, which should be a simple thing), but service was quick, the environment was pleasant and well-appointed with comfortable space between seating (including at the bar), and the food was solid. Our wait for a table was very short, and they were doing plenty of business. I think the Italian beef is a first for the area. I'm always a little frustrated with how plain most cooking is around here, so having something flavorful that I grew up with served at a local restaurant made me happy. Wasn't the way my family makes it, but I know it's similar to what some popular Italian beef shops do, and the flavor was good. The fries were very good, the salad was alright but I thought the dressing needed a little something. Definitely a reasonable price ($30) for two sizable sandwiches with sides and two drinks from the bar. Did not try the desserts, but they had some stuff that looked great, and I'm curious about some of the other sandwiches.

Bar needs more good scotch, but as far as I know, so does just about every other bar in Broome County.

DELETED

Archived