AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Guest

Rage had the number 2 seed in their pool and could not get by them. The Rockets were the number 1 seed so obviously the Rage were in the weaker pool. If they had been put in the Rockets pool they would have been in the stronger pool by the seeding and would have had to beat the #1 seed to advance. They took the easier route and failed. RAP Elite parents told me they did not consider Rage a challenge and that was the reason they were down at the half. They said they put a little pressure defense on Rage in the second half and it just got easier. Also said they enjoyed watching the Rage coach yell louder and louder as they took his team apart. Felt they were 20 points better than Rage. They said Rage had size but the Rockets had skill and had recruited a couple shooters this year just to beat the Rockets and it paid off because their 3's did win it. Rockets also had 1 more game than Elite that Sunday because there was 4 teams in their pool versus only 3 in Tony's pool. Rockets had to win 3 games to advance versus only 2 games for Tony's pool. Rage tried to take the easier route no doubt. If the Rockets only had 1 game Sunday before the finals like Elite they win by 10. Fatigue did play a factor.

Rage didn't have an option of what pool to play in. And that was rages first game of the season, so inexpierience did play a factor. How many tournaments did the Rockets win this year? That's right. 0. Rage already has one, and they're not even half-way down with there season. I know you'll say all this they were in a b bracket crap, but they played UP. And finally, that whole talking to the RAP's parents is the biggest bull-shit post I've heard on here in a while. Come on, you didn't hold a conversation about how RAP just got kids to JUST beat rockets. Impratical, and unreal. Moron

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

How many STAC titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many STAC playoff games has ME played the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Division titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Section 4 titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? One, right?

The ME JV teams always seem to be in playoff games and win their divisions. So what happens when they get to varsity? Why don't they win anything , other than one Section 4 title game? Seems odd to me. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I would also guess that over the past 3-4 years the ME varsity boys team has had more players quit mid-season(or get arrested) than all other STAC teams in the area. Why is that?

Because Ocker sucks, that's why

Guest Guest

How many STAC titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many STAC playoff games has ME played the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Division titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? None, right?

How many Section 4 titles has ME won the past decade? The past 5 years? Since Ocker has been coaching? One, right?

The ME JV teams always seem to be in playoff games and win their divisions. So what happens when they get to varsity? Why don't they win anything , other than one Section 4 title game? Seems odd to me. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I would also guess that over the past 3-4 years the ME varsity boys team has had more players quit mid-season(or get arrested) than all other STAC teams in the area. Why is that?

Ocker has won 1/3 of his schools Sectional Titles and he has only been there 5 years. He took this years team farther than any M-E Boys team has ever made it by winning a state playoff game vs Red Hook. M-E tied for the STAC Central Division Championship with Norwich last year. They are 7-1 in the STOP DWI Holiday Classic in the last four years including 3 titles. They went 14-6 this year playing in the Metro. The two seasons before that they went something like 30-10. Kids quit because he only cares about 1 thing- winning. He doesnt care who your mommy and daddy are- He doesnt care how good you think you are- He doesnt care that you are an AAU or ME Hoops All star. He might not be the nicest guy in the world but ask the kids who stick it out and play for him what they think about him. Kids and parents who grow up as "all stars" dont like that they arent treated like royalty so they leave. I would say they have done fine without them.

Guest Guest

Ocker has won 1/3 of his schools Sectional Titles and he has only been there 5 years. He took this years team farther than any M-E Boys team has ever made it by winning a state playoff game vs Red Hook. M-E tied for the STAC Central Division Championship with Norwich last year. They are 7-1 in the STOP DWI Holiday Classic in the last four years including 3 titles. They went 14-6 this year playing in the Metro. The two seasons before that they went something like 30-10. Kids quit because he only cares about 1 thing- winning. He doesnt care who your mommy and daddy are- He doesnt care how good you think you are- He doesnt care that you are an AAU or ME Hoops All star. He might not be the nicest guy in the world but ask the kids who stick it out and play for him what they think about him. Kids and parents who grow up as "all stars" dont like that they arent treated like royalty so they leave. I would say they have done fine without them.

So there is no disputing my point. The kids who play for the Owego coach love him too but they also haven't won anything. You haven't even won your own division for goodness sake. Man. You ME folks are easily satisfied with mediocrity. You are basically the same as CV. Though they went farther in Stats than you. Ouch.

Guest Guest

So there is no disputing my point. The kids who play for the Owego coach love him too but they also haven't won anything. You haven't even won your own division for goodness sake. Man. You ME folks are easily satisfied with mediocrity. You are basically the same as CV. Though they went farther in Stats than you. Ouch.

Section title and a win against another section champion team isn't enough to please you? God, they played in the best division, and biggest average class size this year.

Damn.

Guest Guest

The fruits of Ockers labor to build the program are just now getting ripe...this past seasons seniors played on an 18-1 JV team in 2008-2009 that lost in the STAC semis to Horseheads. Next year will be a semi-rebuilding year, but the success is gonna continue to keep coming, things take time! There is no disconnect, the JV's run the varsitys stuff and the JVs past success is now starting to show at the Varsity level (sectional title and state playoff win), the kids really show a deep understanding of Ockers system.

Posted this in the Run & Gun Tourney thread as well:

This weekend's Rage tourney (Run & Gun) was among the best run tourneys you'll find. Sure, I'm affiliated with Rage, but I also call it as I see it. Tony runs a tight ship. Criticize the guy, as you will, but he has built a solid program and I'm pleased to be able to coach one of several teams. The boys that play for me now are coming together as a team, forming good friendships, and of 10 players, they represent 7 different school districts.

I worked as a site coordinator this weekend at George F. Johnson Elementary, and the games played there were predominantly 6th- and 7th-grade games. We were able to keep things on time (nearly 20 games in 2 days at that site) and there were numerous positive comments from coaches and parents from outside the area, regarding how well things were organized and ran. For the most part, the same is being said about the other sites throughout the area for Run & Gun games (Binghamton U. West Gym and Events Center; Binghamton High; JC Middle/Elementary; M-E Middle School). Tons of people volunteered their time rfor kids to play basketball, which is the base for everything, after all.

regarding some of the other comments, generally ...

I met Bill Ocker for the first time this weekend, as he was coaching his 6th- and 7th-grade teams. Very nice guy - at least that's my take. His teams did well enough. Not all wins, but some competitive outings, which I'm sure makes the M-E folks pleased. We were fortunate enough to beat their 7th-grade team by 5 in the second-place game, but they were without Mike Palmer, a terrific player and terrific kid ... Mike fell in an earlier game and ended up breaking a bone or two in his left wrist. Out 4-8 weeks, he told me later ... sending positive thoughts his way, as I know he's a baseball kid, too.

With young Mr. Palmer at full strength, and with young Drew Gallagher in that lineup, the Flyers team is solid. With Palmer, we'd surely have a tougher time topping them. That team isn't extremely tall, but every player they put on the floor is fundamentally sound. And man, can they shoot the ball from the perimeter.

Proud of our guys, though. They had a nice weekend. Went 3-1 in a pretty competitive division (certainly not the top division, but competitive), and only lost to the pool's eventual champ, Central Western, by 12 (had it down to 7 with a minute or so left.

Our age group's TC Rockets are a terrific team. We scrimmaged them earlier, and they're tough, as always. We know all their kids and most of the parents. Always nice seeing them. Jen Wegmann does a great job with them. A few of those Rockets kids (Hawkins, Kosty, Wilson) have played in tourneys with combined groups I've coached in the past - all nice players, and nice kids).

Anyhow, criticize as you will. But that's my take, as far as Lindsey, Rage, the Flyers and the Rockets. For what it's worth. Not shy or ashamed of my take ... and as you may know, I always sign my comments in tis forum.

Guest fact checker

No one should question our right to opine..However we should not distort, nor mis represent the truth.. Your post about maine endwell and their coach did just that..The spartans and norwich are co champions of their division for the 09/10 season..therefore your statement that ocker has not won a division crown is not FACTUAL...NORWHICH WON A PLAY OFF GAME TO SEE WHO MOVED ON IN THE PLAYOFFS, NOT FOR THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP...THEY ARE CO CHAMPS..Only one out of the twenty five or more stac basketball programs can attain the goals you mentioned each year..why not mention what the maine endwell program HAS accomplished in ockers short tenure...three dwi titles..in a row..never before done... a tournament champioship drago .. the spartans have played for four tournament titles in ockers five years and won them all..good enough??.. doubt it.. how about a sect four title??.. how about a intra state class a victory?? never before done in maine endwell basketball.. the proram is making excellent strides..some kids are playing at the next level..of course there are hic cups, no of any teen age programs that dont have them?? for nothing the coach does jv football and they have not lost a game in years...touchee..

Guest Guest

No one should question our right to opine..However we should not distort, nor mis represent the truth.. Your post about maine endwell and their coach did just that..The spartans and norwich are co champions of their division for the 09/10 season..therefore your statement that ocker has not won a division crown is not FACTUAL...NORWHICH WON A PLAY OFF GAME TO SEE WHO MOVED ON IN THE PLAYOFFS, NOT FOR THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP...THEY ARE CO CHAMPS..Only one out of the twenty five or more stac basketball programs can attain the goals you mentioned each year..why not mention what the maine endwell program HAS accomplished in ockers short tenure...three dwi titles..in a row..never before done... a tournament champioship drago .. the spartans have played for four tournament titles in ockers five years and won them all..good enough??.. doubt it.. how about a sect four title??.. how about a intra state class a victory?? never before done in maine endwell basketball.. the proram is making excellent strides..some kids are playing at the next level..of course there are hic cups, no of any teen age programs that dont have them?? for nothing the coach does jv football and they have not lost a game in years...touchee..

wrong. the division winner advances in the playoffs. whoever wins the playoff game is the division winner. you know nothing.

Guest Chuck Burger

I agree 100%. ME is hands down one of the finest programs in this area since Coach Ocker took over.

ME = Excellence

ME = The standard

A window = A window

ME JV football dynasty, has not lost in years.

ME basketball team makes in farther than any other ME varsity bball team has in the last 20 years.

All I have to say is this:

TAKE A BOW ME/players/coaches,TAKE A BOW.

Guest STAC WATCHER

I agree 100%. ME is hands down one of the finest programs in this area since Coach Ocker took over.

ME = Excellence

ME = The standard

A window = A window

ME JV football dynasty, has not lost in years.

ME basketball team makes in farther than any other ME varsity bball team has in the last 20 years.

All I have to say is this:

TAKE A BOW ME/players/coaches,TAKE A BOW.

MR. BURGER..AS USUAL YOU PROVIDE A PLATE FULL OF PRIME DIGESTIBLES...EXCELLENT PRE EASTER SERVINGS, CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT MEAL...THE STAC WATCHER...

• 3 months later...

The TC rockets have been far more successful than Tony Lindseys squad. Krowiak and the Gallaghers are far more talented than any player on Tonys team. Also rage has always avoided playing the rockets.

Guest Guest

The TC rockets have been far more successful than Tony Lindseys squad. Krowiak and the Gallaghers are far more talented than any player on Tonys team. Also rage has always avoided playing the rockets.

It makes no sense to compare the 2 organizations. As an outsider to both, it appears the Rage is set up to give ALL kids an opportunity to try out for and possibly play competitive basketball and develop. The other one looks like a small number of parents setting something up for a handful of their own kids. That's fine, but it makes comparing the 2 organizations dumb.

Guest Big Dog

It makes no sense to compare the 2 organizations. As an outsider to both, it appears the Rage is set up to give ALL kids an opportunity to try out for and possibly play competitive basketball and develop. The other one looks like a small number of parents setting something up for a handful of their own kids. That's fine, but it makes comparing the 2 organizations dumb.

Great Call. Rage is an organization, a program. While I see Tony L's 15U team pretty much locked in, it is still one team in a whole program. TC Rockets is an AAU team that has its set players. While very successful, it is a team and not a program.

Archived