AAU Basketball

BaldEagle

Guest Guest

I would say, but the negative tone on here makes me uneasy saying. I will tell you he is at a good college, seeing significant playing time (has started from game one), and is in constant contact with TL. I just wanted to make the point that AAU was a huge factor in him playing college ball. I am sure that he would not be where he is today without the help of TL. Playing for the Rage and TL was a very positive thing in his life. It opened many doors for my son. I try to keep this positive.

i understand not wanting to give out alot od info. what division (123) does he play in? that should be safe.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

i understand not wanting to give out alot od info. what division (123) does he play in? that should be safe.

Division III. I just wanted to make a positive statement on here, but anything positive leaves it wide open to criticism. TL really helped my son, as I am sure many AAU coaches do for their players. Not sure why people are so negative on here, but guess that is the way it is. My son's college coach talked only to TL when deciding whether or not to recruit him. There are many of us who owe a great deal to TL and the Rage. Many of you should know that college coaches do not recruit using high school games and stats. They look for AAU games to do the recruiting.

Guest Guest

Division III. I just wanted to make a positive statement on here, but anything positive leaves it wide open to criticism. TL really helped my son, as I am sure many AAU coaches do for their players. Not sure why people are so negative on here, but guess that is the way it is. My son's college coach talked only to TL when deciding whether or not to recruit him. There are many of us who owe a great deal to TL and the Rage. Many of you should know that college coaches do not recruit using high school games and stats. They look for AAU games to do the recruiting.

you do realize any decent high school player can EASILY play division 3 ball. i don't think TL has to do much except assure them he is not a serial killer. not trying to be mean, but anyone with any game can play d3.

Guest Guest

you do realize any decent high school player can EASILY play division 3 ball. i don't think TL has to do much except assure them he is not a serial killer. not trying to be mean, but anyone with any game can play d3.

You have just lost all credibility by saying this. You know nothing of college basketball at all.

Guest Guest

You have just lost all credibility by saying this. You know nothing of college basketball at all.

really???? i played small D1 and was invited to 2 NBA tryout camps and was the last man cut. maybe you could explain the process to me. every guy on our high school team that never played, started at the D3 level. but i'm sure you have more experience that i do.

really???? i played small D1 and was invited to 2 NBA tryout camps and was the last man cut. maybe you could explain the process to me. every guy on our high school team that never played, started at the D3 level. but i'm sure you have more experience that i do.

Oh and I just retired last last year... from the Lakers. Anybody can come on here and say fake things, just like you did. What's your name, what college did you go to? Maybe you can redeem your credibility. And how did every player that didn't play at all on your team start at the d3 level? The only possible way would be for them all to walk-on which would be highly unlikely. What highschool dd you go to? You won't answer any of these questions because you're LYING.

Guest Guest

I am sure you did. Please look at any DIII team around here and look at their rosters - you will see nothing but all state players on their teams. College teams recruit between two to five players a year. Of those, they usually recruit one guard, one forward and a center. Let's take Ithaca College for example. They recruit from about 150-200 high schools. That means well over 1000 players. Of those, they pick maybe 15 they are looking at, and then maybe 5 they really want. So every guy on your team played DIII? Sure. You have no clue about the recruiting process of DIII basketball. You tell me how many kids in the Binghamton area will play DIII ball next year. How many of recent years are playing? We have some of the best DIII teams in the country in New York. They will look at maybe five kids from this area. Maybe. Look at all the DIII teams you want and find local kids playing. I bet there are no more than 10-15 total kids playing college basketball from this area. Please Mr. DI, prove me wrong.

Guest Guest

Oh and I just retired last last year... from the Lakers. Anybody can come on here and say fake things, just like you did. What's your name, what college did you go to? Maybe you can redeem your credibility. And how did every player that didn't play at all on your team start at the d3 level? The only possible way would be for them all to walk-on which would be highly unlikely. What highschool dd you go to? You won't answer any of these questions because you're LYING.

oh, ok. D3 gives no scholarships so it is quite easy to walk on and start. i see you're an expert at this.

Guest Guest

oh, ok. D3 gives no scholarships so it is quite easy to walk on and start. i see you're an expert at this.

There are no walk ons at the college level. Every kid is recruited. You know nothing about college ball at all!

Guest Guest

I am sure you did. Please look at any DIII team around here and look at their rosters - you will see nothing but all state players on their teams. College teams recruit between two to five players a year. Of those, they usually recruit one guard, one forward and a center. Let's take Ithaca College for example. They recruit from about 150-200 high schools. That means well over 1000 players. Of those, they pick maybe 15 they are looking at, and then maybe 5 they really want. So every guy on your team played DIII? Sure. You have no clue about the recruiting process of DIII basketball. You tell me how many kids in the Binghamton area will play DIII ball next year. How many of recent years are playing? We have some of the best DIII teams in the country in New York. They will look at maybe five kids from this area. Maybe. Look at all the DIII teams you want and find local kids playing. I bet there are no more than 10-15 total kids playing college basketball from this area. Please Mr. DI, prove me wrong.

that won't be hard. D3 gives out no scholarships. so how can teams be picking from a select bunch? the kid may not want to go there. there is nothing that would entice someone, other than academics. a recruiter with no monetary offer to give is a beggar. recruiting process???? begging is a better phrase. look at how many D3 programs there are and the level of play. remember how good SUNY B was at D3. the games were unwatchable. my former teammates started because D3 rosters are made after tryouts. they are not based on high profile recruits getting a free ride. please teach me more about how it works. i'm sure you have alot of experience in the field.

Guest Guest

There are no walk ons at the college level. Every kid is recruited. You know nothing about college ball at all!

that's funny. you are extra stupid. some of the best teams in the country have walk ons. then they might get a scolarship. not at D3.

jimmy gray was a walk on for BU. never recruited. now he has a chance at a sholarship. you can shut your mouth now, fool.

Guest Guest

that won't be hard. D3 gives out no scholarships. so how can teams be picking from a select bunch? the kid may not want to go there. there is nothing that would entice someone, other than academics. a recruiter with no monetary offer to give is a beggar. recruiting process???? begging is a better phrase. look at how many D3 programs there are and the level of play. remember how good SUNY B was at D3. the games were unwatchable. my former teammates started because D3 rosters are made after tryouts. they are not based on high profile recruits getting a free ride. please teach me more about how it works. i'm sure you have alot of experience in the field.

You are an idiot. Colleges recruit kids and those are the kids on the team. There are NO walk ons at the DIII level. I guess I needed to say that again. DIII coaches spend tons of time recruiting. If you don't know this, you know nothing of college basketball. Go to the Gym Rat tourney in Albany and there are at least 150-200 DIII coaches there. Please ask any high school coach around here about DIII coaches. They know that there are maybe 5-10 kids in the Binghamton area who can play at the next level. There are not try outs at the college level. The teams are set a year ahead of time. They recruit the 2-5 players needed to fill the positions that are weak or are filled by seniors. It is recruiting as the only way to make the team is to be one of the recruited players. There are not try outs as on the first day of practice players are expected to already know the plays and all defenses. They spend a minimum of three hours a day all fall with the captains running practices. If you didn't know this, you know nothing about college basketball!

Guest Guest

that's funny. you are extra stupid. some of the best teams in the country have walk ons. then they might get a scolarship. not at D3.

jimmy gray was a walk on for BU. never recruited. now he has a chance at a sholarship. you can shut your mouth now, fool.

DI teams are limited by the number of scholarships they can give out and therefore have room for walk ons. BU loves to keep a local kid on the team and when Matt Mullins left, it was an opening for Jimmy. If you are saying Jimmy was never recruited at the DIII level, you are again a fool as there were tons of colleges that really wanted him but he dreamed of playing at the DI level. It is wonderful he is on the team. He is a great young man and a great addition to BU! There are very few or no walk ons at the DIII level.

Guest Guest

DI teams are limited by the number of scholarships they can give out and therefore have room for walk ons. BU loves to keep a local kid on the team and when Matt Mullins left, it was an opening for Jimmy. If you are saying Jimmy was never recruited at the DIII level, you are again a fool as there were tons of colleges that really wanted him but he dreamed of playing at the DI level. It is wonderful he is on the team. He is a great young man and a great addition to BU! There are very few or no walk ons at the DIII level.

there are walk ons at all levels. i know at least 6 guys that did it at D3. any coach who has a brain will not limit the tryouts to recruited players. why would they???? there's always good players that didn't get recruited because they chose to play CYO rather than school ball. a coach wants all available talent to try out. recruits don't always work out. to say there are no walk ons playing D3 basketball is the most insane statement and innacurate statement i have ever heard. once again, you tell me about basketball. let's find a D3 coach and ask him if any walk ons are playing D3 ball. would you like to wager on the results?

Guest Parent

there are walk ons at all levels. i know at least 6 guys that did it at D3. any coach who has a brain will not limit the tryouts to recruited players. why would they???? there's always good players that didn't get recruited because they chose to play CYO rather than school ball. a coach wants all available talent to try out. recruits don't always work out. to say there are no walk ons playing D3 basketball is the most insane statement and innacurate statement i have ever heard. once again, you tell me about basketball. let's find a D3 coach and ask him if any walk ons are playing D3 ball. would you like to wager on the results?

My son playes for Williams College, DIII level and YES they do have walk on's. Over the holiday break 4 players stayed at our home two were walk on players....

Guest Guest

My son playes for Williams College, DIII level and YES they do have walk on's. Over the holiday break 4 players stayed at our home two were walk on players....

Seriously, of all the teams you could have chosen and you pick the #1 team in the country! You are a liar. There are 13 players on the team. Every single kid was recruited (BIG TIME!) There is one player from New York State and he is from Brooklyn. Only five are East of the Mississippi River and you claim there are walk ons! Please let me know which ones are walk ons. The same for Amherst? Wesleyan? Davis College - maybe. Williams - you are kidding me. Do you realize EVERY senior (five of them) on last year's Amherst team is playing professionally now? I can't believe you picked Williams of all the teams. Every kid on that team turned down DII rides. Bet you didn't know that did you? Wow - Williams.

They still recruit kids you moron. It's not like kids that are going DIII are going to the NBA. Kids will go to whatever ever school wants them, and whatever school interests them the most. Often the school that has what major they're interested in, and what academic aid they can get. DIII still looks for kids! Your credibility gets lower every time you post.

Guest Guest

They still recruit kids you moron. It's not like kids that are going DIII are going to the NBA. Kids will go to whatever ever school wants them, and whatever school interests them the most. Often the school that has what major they're interested in, and what academic aid they can get. DIII still looks for kids! Your credibility gets lower every time you post.

you posted exactly what i posted. i guess neither one of has credibility. i never said they didn't recruit. try reading the posts.

Guest Guest

Seriously, of all the teams you could have chosen and you pick the #1 team in the country! You are a liar. There are 13 players on the team. Every single kid was recruited (BIG TIME!) There is one player from New York State and he is from Brooklyn. Only five are East of the Mississippi River and you claim there are walk ons! Please let me know which ones are walk ons. The same for Amherst? Wesleyan? Davis College - maybe. Williams - you are kidding me. Do you realize EVERY senior (five of them) on last year's Amherst team is playing professionally now? I can't believe you picked Williams of all the teams. Every kid on that team turned down DII rides. Bet you didn't know that did you? Wow - Williams.

williams has been in and out of the top 3. amherst hovers around 10. that sounds very impressive until you know SUNY OSWEGO has been in the top 25 most of the year. SUNY OSWEGO. THAT TELLS YOU THE TALENT LEVEL AT D3. i know parents whose kids go there. they never mention basketball. it's regarded as low level sports.

please name the 5 seniors from amherst and where they are playing professionally.

Guest Guest

you posted exactly what i posted. i guess neither one of has credibility. i never said they didn't recruit. try reading the posts.

No what I said was that any good DIII school won't have walk ons starting, unless they're older and have been in the program. Most teams starters consist of all recruits.

Guest Guest

No what I said was that any good DIII school won't have walk ons starting, unless they're older and have been in the program. Most teams starters consist of all recruits.

prove it. because 2 idiots on the bcvoice who never played the game say it's true, doesn't convince me. i know 6 guys that did so i imagine there are many across the country that do. i'm sure you could walk on SUNY OSWEGO, and they were in the top 25 most of the year. i've been to OSWEGO. not the basketball mecca of the world.

Guest Guest

williams has been in and out of the top 3. amherst hovers around 10. that sounds very impressive until you know SUNY OSWEGO has been in the top 25 most of the year. SUNY OSWEGO. THAT TELLS YOU THE TALENT LEVEL AT D3. i know parents whose kids go there. they never mention basketball. it's regarded as low level sports.

please name the 5 seniors from amherst and where they are playing professionally.

Williams, Amherst, and Wesleyan are all in the top five and have been all year. SUNY Oswego is having a great year and has a local player on the team who was second team All-State and isn't getting playing time. That shows you the talent level!

As far as Amherst goes, I have no idea their names but all are playing professionally overseas. There was an article on them last summer. You have no idea what you are talking about regarding DIII hoop.

We have some of the finest DIII programs in the country in the area: Oswego, Ithaca College (who beat a really good F&M team this year), Hamilton, Hobart (really on the way up with a great young coach), University of Rochester (with another great young coach in his first year there), and Skidmore. I know for a fact that all these coaches spend a tremendous amount of time recruiting and have their teams set before the season starts. You are clearly wrong about this.

Guest Guest

prove it. because 2 idiots on the bcvoice who never played the game say it's true, doesn't convince me. i know 6 guys that did so i imagine there are many across the country that do. i'm sure you could walk on SUNY OSWEGO, and they were in the top 25 most of the year. i've been to OSWEGO. not the basketball mecca of the world.

You are an idiot. There are no walk ons at Oswego this year.

Guest Guest

Williams, Amherst, and Wesleyan are all in the top five and have been all year. SUNY Oswego is having a great year and has a local player on the team who was second team All-State and isn't getting playing time. That shows you the talent level!

As far as Amherst goes, I have no idea their names but all are playing professionally overseas. There was an article on them last summer. You have no idea what you are talking about regarding DIII hoop.

We have some of the finest DIII programs in the country in the area: Oswego, Ithaca College (who beat a really good F&M team this year), Hamilton, Hobart (really on the way up with a great young coach), University of Rochester (with another great young coach in his first year there), and Skidmore. I know for a fact that all these coaches spend a tremendous amount of time recruiting and have their teams set before the season starts. You are clearly wrong about this.

funny how you have no proof of anything you say. you can't tell me where the amherst players are playing yet are an expert in D3 basketball. like i said, i was recruited and played D1. i had teammates play D3 and most walked on. i have lived it. you just flap your yap.

Guest Guest

You are an idiot. There are no walk ons at Oswego this year.

prove it. it's amazing how all of a sudden we have SUNY OSWEGO basketball experts on here. you're full of shit.

Archived