Surprise, surprise . . . . .

The West Sider

Guest Guest

$50 per light bulb? This administration is worse than Carter's!

Bush actually signed it into law. Second, CFL's are not 50$ per light bulb and can be used. Third if you read the articles they're actually trying to drive the cost down to 10$ by 2015. Which at 10$ with the longevity LED bulbs have, plus the cost savings of energy usage they will be more cost effective than incandescent.

Guest Guest

Bush actually signed it into law. Second, CFL's are not 50$ per light bulb and can be used. Third if you read the articles they're actually trying to drive the cost down to 10$ by 2015. Which at 10$ with the longevity LED bulbs have, plus the cost savings of energy usage they will be more cost effective than incandescent.

You regurgitate everything they pounded into your head? Let me guess.....you also believe Obamacare will lower health care costs???????

You assume many things.

You regurgitate everything they pounded into your head? Let me guess.....you also believe Obamacare will lower health care costs???????

You assume many things.

Actually I pointed out that it wasn't "this administration" that signed it into law. Which is a fact.

I then pointed out that they're trying to drive the cost down (another fact) because at a 50$ price point they won't get purchased. I could point you to articles concerning the longevity of LEDs (another fact). I then could point you to electricity usage of LED vs incandescent, and that LEDs consume less electricity (another fact). I also pointed out that there are light bulbs currently on the market that are not incandescent that could be used that are not 50$ (another fact).

Looks like I made a bunch of factually correct statements, with no real assumptions in them. Is it hard to live in a world where facts are considered assumptions?

Guest Guest

Actually I pointed out that it wasn't "this administration" that signed it into law. Which is a fact.

I then pointed out that they're trying to drive the cost down (another fact) because at a 50$ price point they won't get purchased. I could point you to articles concerning the longevity of LEDs (another fact). I then could point you to electricity usage of LED vs incandescent, and that LEDs consume less electricity (another fact). I also pointed out that there are light bulbs currently on the market that are not incandescent that could be used that are not 50$ (another fact).

Looks like I made a bunch of factually correct statements, with no real assumptions in them. Is it hard to live in a world where facts are considered assumptions?

He lives in the same universe where an opinion is considered a fact.

Guest Guest

This light bulb fiasco is no different than the Chevy Volt fiasco but on a smaller scale, when compared side to side and not on a national level. Nobody is going to pay 41K for a small, underpowered American car that runs on batteries. Likewise, no one is going to pay between $10-50 for a silly light bulb. When they get as cheap as the ones we have now, you may have a point. I don't assume anything the government says as automatically true. I certainly don't believe Obamacare will save costs for example.

There is a simple solution for many people. Lightbulbs are cheap enough and have enough life in them that you can stock up on the bulbs you need. Simply buy up a few cases and every time you need a bulb, go to your own store. Heck, in the barn I have light bulbs that are easily over 20 years old and still light up every time I flip the switch.

Guest Guest

LED bulbs are next generation and the prices will go down over time.

A simpler solution is to buy a compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) which can save up to $30 over its lifetime and pay for itself in about six months.

LED bulbs are next generation and the prices will go down over time.

A simpler solution is to buy a compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) which can save up to $30 over its lifetime and pay for itself in about six months.

Fluorescent light bulbs are a crappy light source and dont work well when it gets cold outside.

Guest Guest

Fluorescent light bulbs are a crappy light source and dont work well when it gets cold outside.

That's your opinion. You are entitled to it. I don't have any problem with them, especially when less of my money goes to NYSEG.

You're making sense, don't pay attention to the others...I didn't infer that you were lobbying for GE...

That's your opinion. You are entitled to it. I don't have any problem with them, especially when less of my money goes to NYSEG.

And that is absolutely fine. Problem is, by eliminating the regular bulb through laws, you are taking choices away from an allegedly free people.

I am all for the other bulbs if other people want to use them. What I have a problem with is taking choices away from people through even MORE laws.

Guest Guest

And that is absolutely fine. Problem is, by eliminating the regular bulb through laws, you are taking choices away from an allegedly free people.

I am all for the other bulbs if other people want to use them. What I have a problem with is taking choices away from people through even MORE laws.

CFLs are about one out of every four lamp sales, and that number keeps growing while the sales of incandescent lamps keeps declining. Whether by law or not, eventually incandescent light bulbs will become obsolete just like the 8-track player.

CFLs are about one out of every four lamp sales, and that number keeps growing while the sales of incandescent lamps keeps declining. Whether by law or not, eventually incandescent light bulbs will become obsolete just like the 8-track player.

Again, I say that is just fine. You still dont seem to understand, I am not against the bulbs. I dont like them and have ensured I dont have to worry about buying CFL's for a long time. I am against the Government telling me how and with what I am going to light my home with.

Guest Guest

Again, I say that is just fine. You still dont seem to understand, I am not against the bulbs. I dont like them and have ensured I dont have to worry about buying CFL's for a long time. I am against the Government telling me how and with what I am going to light my home with.

Such is the way of life here in America.

Guest Guest

I agree with you. The government has no business outlawing the bulbs I use now. That is a reducing my freedom.

Guest Guest

I agree with you. The government has no business outlawing the bulbs I use now. That is a reducing my freedom.

Move to another country. Problem solved.

Archived