SCC QB going to UB?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Word is that the SCC QB, the kid that transfered from Vestal, was offered a full ride to the University of Buffalo before he ever played a down at SCC.

Is that for real?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Word is that the SCC QB, the kid that transfered from Vestal, was offered a full ride to the University of Buffalo before he ever played a down at SCC.

Is that for real?

He isnt decided to go anywhere, he has a few offers thats all. Check Rivals and scout.com. He is recieving offers like many other underclassmen. Recruiting starts early now.

Guest Guest

he is on honor roll for the first time anyone want to discuss that?

That's kind of sad...seeing as honor role is like an 84. It's called student athlete for a reason, cause you're there because of the school.

Guest Chief Osceola

Unforunately, these offers are worthless until February of his senior year when he can actually sign a letter of intent. Anymore, schools recruit from camps and combines, not just based on what they do in school. Most likely his highlight reel from Vestal and performance at any camps or combines led to this offer. Anyway you look at it though, it is good for him that schools are already showing interest and are even offering scholarships. Congratulation.

Guest Chief Osceola

That's kind of sad...seeing as honor role is like an 84. It's called student athlete for a reason, cause you're there because of the school.

What are you trying to say? What about all the kids that are not athletes and do not make honor roll, what does that say about them "It's called student for a reason, cause you're there because of the school."

Guest JC Wildcat

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Caleb-Scepaniak-129217

Yep, Syracuse and Penn State are showing interest also.

He has no offers to any school. Buffalo can't even give him an offer as this time. If you think he has an offer to a D-1 school- then you don't understand football. He has no arm, no speed..., what is he going to play? A Qb.? He 's terrible! Nuts for transfering to SCC. If he had any brains, he would of went to some high school that gets looked at by D-1 schools. UE, Binghamton..., he should of stayed at Vestal. I do know the Cuse" scout in this area and believe me., they don't even know who this guy is, believe me.

Guest Guest

it is a surprise that scepaniak (sp?) chose seton to transfer. usually they aren't very good, is there any chance they might actually be decent this year? does anyone know what kind of team they will have?

Well, they are a Class D team with a deceptively tough schedule. Bold games are division game.

Greene

Deposit-Hancock

Groton

at Spencer Van-Etten

Chenango Forks

at Tioga

at Thomas A Edison

Not knowing what they have back and going by their recent hostory and their opponents, I'd count one very likely win (D-H), one very likely loss (CF), one probable win (TAE) and the rest both winnable and just as easily losable.

Guest mankind

it is a surprise that scepaniak (sp?) chose seton to transfer. usually they aren't very good, is there any chance they might actually be decent this year? does anyone know what kind of team they will have?

if it's the usual seton team, you can bet they will be slow and weak, not to mention gutless and scared to hit, and have tons of players who are fat, lazy, out of shape, and slow in the head. and you can bet that the seton parents will bitch at the refs, bitch at the other team, even the coach, whoever that might be, but it will never their kids fault for being such sad excuses for football players. harpursville totally bitchslapped them last year, it was great hearing the crybaby seton parents making excuses after getting their faces pushed in the dirt.

two wins is a good year at seton...

Guest Guest

Hey smart guy SU as well as many other d1 schools have what's called a soft offer out to many up and coming prospective D1 athletes. Some even as young as 9th graders. So yes you can Jarrin Jones for example #3 recruit in NYS has had over 11 offers before he hit his jr year now going into his senior year he is VERBALLY committed to PSU. Examples Chad Kelly Clemson Jordan THomas as a jr Rutgers . So do not speak about what u know till its fact. Oooooo btw that coach you know so well is Nate Hackett from SU and is on a monthly call schedule from that kid that sucks. Ooo ya and that same kid just won the NUC combine in roch and placed in the top 100 in Delaware over the weekend... Troll

Guest guest

Hey smart guy SU as well as many other d1 schools have what's called a soft offer out to many up and coming prospective D1 athletes. Some even as young as 9th graders. So yes you can Jarrin Jones for example #3 recruit in NYS has had over 11 offers before he hit his jr year now going into his senior year he is VERBALLY committed to PSU. Examples Chad Kelly Clemson Jordan THomas as a jr Rutgers . So do not speak about what u know till its fact. Oooooo btw that coach you know so well is Nate Hackett from SU and is on a monthly call schedule from that kid that sucks. Ooo ya and that same kid just won the NUC combine in roch and placed in the top 100 in Delaware over the weekend... Troll

There is no SU coach checking on CS from (Vestal, now SCC). And Nate Hackett isn't the man I talked too. That's a fact Jack! Now, did you ever see this kid play? If he is doing good at all of those combines, CS must of really improved. Because I've seen Vestal play about 4x his soph. year and 4x his freshman year and yes, he was worthless.

Guest Guest

Well, they are a Class D team with a deceptively tough schedule. Bold games are division game.

Greene

Deposit-Hancock

Groton

at Spencer Van-Etten

Chenango Forks

at Tioga

at Thomas A Edison

Not knowing what they have back and going by their recent hostory and their opponents, I'd count one very likely win (D-H), one very likely loss (CF), one probable win (TAE) and the rest both winnable and just as easily losable.

LOL! How does anyone look at let alone repeat that schedule and not laugh? Talk about playing at a pig farmers level! What a joke of a division. If this kid had real talent he would have gone to a real school.

Guest Guest

Will this please stop, you people are on hear queastioning and bashing a 16yr old who is out working his butt off. Whatever he has done and will attempt to do is his and his familys business.

Guest Guest

A real school like what UE? They dont throw. BHS spread option. ME Gallaghers son is QB. CF Dont throw. Vestal a joke thats why he left. = STFU.

Guest Guest

Where ever he goes does not matter hes a 6'5 QB so if he can get grades then he can sign his ticket. Tore it up a CBA camp a few weeks ago had a dozen schools crawling all over him.

Where is 84 "honor roll?" Nowhere I've ever seen.

I believe most schools have an honor roll that begins around 88 (which seems about right) with high honors beginning in the 93-94 ballpark (also seems about right).

Guest Guest

Last I heard from the old man his kid was near a 90 for the first time in his HS career. Its ashame when a kid is trying to do things that he ans his family think are good moves all the retards come out to judge. If it works for him thats all that matters.

Guest SCC Fan

You guys need to get off this kids ass. He can definitely make it to the D1 level if for not other reason cuz of coaching. SCC has a really good QB coach. His name is Coach.....oh whats his name?????

Guest hopper

Greene

Deposit-Hancock

Groton

at Spencer Van-Etten

Chenango Forks

at Tioga

at Thomas A Edison

so the games in question are

greene

groton

@ spencer van-etten

@ tioga

i guess the new qb is good, but he better have some receivers or it will be ugly

Guest Bluto

Hes screwed since he goes to seton

People may not want to admit this, but Caleb might be able to turn the entire Seton Football program around. He is already being looked at by a number of colleges, and if he can help Seton win some games (say he can take them from a 3-4 win team to a 5-6 win team), then there might be some interest generated both within Seton and some interest from athletes from other districts. If this kid gets any help at all, it might turn out good for Seton and Caleb. The question is whether he has any players around him.

Archived