Noticing an elephant in the room

The West Sider

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure they will be successful, case in point we belonged to a group that did not want the press involved! And as it turned out two people in this group did not want us involved.

This group has already involved the press, much to their credit. They are already getting action from the Mayor and the police.

Our former group is still poking along with the two or three members their streets are still crime ridden, but in their minds they are making great improvements, because they think out of the box as they so frequently reminded me. LMAO

Guest West Windsor

Have to admire the Georges. But I think they are fighting a losing battle. No where in this city is it really safe anymore. The mayor, IMO, doesn't seem to care. Binghamton will never be anywhere near what it once was. Decay and abandoned buildings simply invites more of the same and brings in trash that wants to live there. Like many others I moved out of the city and rarely go anywhere near it, there's nothing left.

Guest Guest

I am sure they will be successful, case in point we belonged to a group that did not want the press involved! And as it turned out two people in this group did not want us involved.

This group has already involved the press, much to their credit. They are already getting action from the Mayor and the police.

Our former group is still poking along with the two or three members their streets are still crime ridden, but in their minds they are making great improvements, because they think out of the box as they so frequently reminded me. LMAO

WHAT?

Guest Guest

It never ceases to amaze me how people will simply post a link to something, say "discuss" or "what do you think?" and not even bother to give their own opinion on the topic they started.

Steeerange people.

Guest Binger

Talk about a west side crime, How about investigating cheating public employees like a retired west side Fireman, Brian Grace, who plays golf every day, and goes to the Court Jester and works out every day but was still able to get approved for disability payments through social security, and that's on top of his pension he is collecting......now that's FRAUD!!!

Guest Guest

Talk about a west side crime, How about investigating cheating public employees like a retired west side Fireman, Brian Grace, who plays golf every day, and goes to the Court Jester and works out every day but was still able to get approved for disability payments through social security, and that's on top of his pension he is collecting......now that's FRAUD!!!

Like most people from Binghamton you sound jealous!

Guest Guest

This is a valid point, but I think we're all a little more concerned about the violent crime at the moment.

Like most people from Binghamton you sound jealous!

Like most people in Binghamton, you sound like a total scumbag.

Guest Guest

This is a valid point, but I think we're all a little more concerned about the violent crime at the moment.

Like most people in Binghamton, you sound like a total scumbag.

Like most people in Binghamton you're wrong. I don't live in Binghamton.

WHAT?

Sorry an explanation is to long and boring, the post was meant for my BC VOICE stalker, she cannot resist reading what I post, she also thinks BC VOICE is for idiots.

Guest Guest

Forget about bike thefts, they need to focus on the part NORTH of main st, that neighborhood has a violent crime rate of over 1,800, based on BPD 2010 crime maps, that's 7X the national average, but I guess the west side has disowned that neighborhood, so they can patrol the nice part for a kid stealing a lawn ornament while gang members have shootouts on Thorpe.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will simply post a link to something, say "discuss" or "what do you think?" and not even bother to give their own opinion on the topic they started.

Steeerange people.

Obviously you didn't understand the title of the post. It pretty much is self-explanatory in regards to my opinion.

But since you don't get it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room

You're welcome.

Sorry an explanation is to long and boring, the post was meant for my BC VOICE stalker, she cannot resist reading what I post, she also thinks BC VOICE is for idiots.

I'm not your stalker however, I've been enjoying your repartee for the past year. The aforementioned " people who think outside of the box " lol I also love the people who accuse me of not seeing things in shades of grey. In the time they're thinking I've already addressed several issues and I'm MOVING ON to the next! Inaction is the antithesis of continuous quality improvement. Nevertheless Madned, I'm a little concerned. You state you have a stalker but not too long ago you gave out your address on this forum. Aren't you worried?

I'm not your stalker however, I've been enjoying your repartee for the past year. The aforementioned " people who think outside of the box " lol I also love the people who accuse me of not seeing things in shades of grey. In the time they're thinking I've already addressed several issues and I'm MOVING ON to the next! Inaction is the antithesis of continuous quality improvement. Nevertheless Madned, I'm a little concerned. You state you have a stalker but not too long ago you gave out your address on this forum. Aren't you worried?

The stalker is the former head of safe streets association, a pseudo intellectual, I had to endure her BS every week or so out of respect for our council woman who really helped us out and resolved a problem we had.

This woman alone destroyed safe streets as she felt very superior to everyone, she was at one time married to a professor who of course divorced her and her ability to alienate everyone was amazing she had no people skills and I of course did the most unworthy thing by posting on BC Voice.

They wanted closed meetings without the rest of the community participating, a policy that made our meeting meaningless.

Anything we had to offer was dismissed as foolish, her ego and that of another member was so large they had to enter the conference room sideways we only had a handful of members, she treated me and my wife like peasants, come to find out my wife and I were right on target with our ideas and suspicions.

I could go on forever suffice to say I will never forgive her for trying to make me look like a clown, come to think of it she was probably drunk at the meetings she spends a lot of money at the Leroy package store.

If you were to know me you would understand That giving out my address is no problem for me my home is like an armed camp with all the bells and whistles, we do not live in fear

My father was a coal miner and my wife's father was a coal miner as well, we were taught to take care of ourselves, have a nice day.

Guest Guest

The stalker is the former head of safe streets association, a pseudo intellectual, I had to endure her BS every week or so out of respect for our council woman who really helped us out and resolved a problem we had.

This woman alone destroyed safe streets as she felt very superior to everyone, she was at one time married to a professor who of course divorced her and her ability to alienate everyone was amazing she had no people skills and I of course did the most unworthy thing by posting on BC Voice.

They wanted closed meetings without the rest of the community participating, a policy that made our meeting meaningless.

Anything we had to offer was dismissed as foolish, her ego and that of another member was so large they had to enter the conference room sideways we only had a handful of members, she treated me and my wife like peasants, come to find out my wife and I were right on target with our ideas and suspicions.

I could go on forever suffice to say I will never forgive her for trying to make me look like a clown, come to think of it she was probably drunk at the meetings she spends a lot of money at the Leroy package store.

If you were to know me you would understand That giving out my address is no problem for me my home is like an armed camp with all the bells and whistles, we do not live in fearMy father was a coal miner and my wife's father was a coal miner as well, we were taught to take care of ourselves, have a nice day.

One might argue that, since your house is like an armed camp, you are the one living in fear. Just aayin.

One might argue that but they would be wrong. There is nothing wrong with knowing when seconds count the police are minutes (or hours) away. Your line of thinking is what makes victims.

Guest Guest

One might argue that but they would be wrong. There is nothing wrong with knowing when seconds count the police are minutes (or hours) away. Your line of thinking is what makes victims.

Your line of thinking is what makes Unibombers. Sleeping with a gun under your pillow is not a healthy lifestyle.

Guest Guest

Your line of thinking is what makes Unibombers. Sleeping with a gun under your pillow is not a healthy lifestyle.

You're probably right. Bet his gun is bigger than his manhood. Probably a derringer.

Guest Guest

You anti-gun people are all just victim's in waiting. Good luck dialing 911 for help. Hopefully you don't have families that you will be unable to protect.

You're probably right. Bet his gun is bigger than his manhood. Probably a derringer.

My rifles are not phallic symbols, but I do like them.

Neighborhood watches have been around for years and still crime is on the rise, maybe if Ryan didnt merge with Johnson Citys Police Dept we would have enough Patrolmen on the streets. I get this from a very good source that most of Binghamtons Patrols are in JC now. Just last night at around 7:30 some young afro american kids were trying to break into my sons car that was parked right in front of the house! and im not talking on a secluded street either but on a parallel street to riverside drive! Thanks to one of my neighbors who yelled at the kids they closed the door and ran. How they opened the door i dont know because the car was locked as allways. You can try whatever you want but neighborhood watches along with the signs telling you of their presence isnt going to deter anything around here. The only thing that will is a smith and wesson or a louieville slugger.

GET RID OF RYAN AND GET SOMEONE WHO CARES MORE ABOUT BINGHAMTON THAN GAY PRIDE, THE ROUNDABOUT AND DRINKING TIL THE KEG IS EMPTY AT THE BELMAR!

Understood ;) My greatgrandfather was a coal miner in Mayfield Pa. Enjoy your day as well.

Back in the day of your grandfather and my father and grandfather, I doubt they would let their neighborhoods become drug dens and filled with low life gangs. Enjoy the sun going back in the pool.

You are a man, so that means you are a possible rapist.

Archived