Noticing an elephant in the room

The West Sider

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You anti-gun people are all just victim's in waiting. Good luck dialing 911 for help. Hopefully you don't have families that you will be unable to protect.

Our biggest incident involved six gang members or want to be gang members we had them at the Manley's on Clinton St. they would not fight two of us, I guess we had them out numbered, long story The police never did arrive at Manley's but checked with us an hour later at our house, we have decided to do things differently next time if we should have a recurrence of a similar incident the hoods were long gone imagine that.

Guest Guest

Our biggest incident involved six gang members or want to be gang members we had them at the Manley's on Clinton St. they would not fight two of us, I guess we had them out numbered, long story The police never did arrive at Manley's but checked with us an hour later at our house, we have decided to do things differently next time if we should have a recurrence of a similar incident the hoods were long gone imagine that.

Maybe you should spend a little more, and not live where the scumbags are.

Guest Guest

As far as I can tell, the majority of crime is scumbag-on-scumbag. That's not acceptable either, but the danger to the rest of us, the "normals", is pretty low, at least for now. What's alarming is when it starts spreading into new residential neighborhoods.

Maybe you should spend a little more, and not live where the scumbags are.

Golly you have no idea where I live but I will tell everyone in the area you think they are scumbags, maybe we can set up a meeting for you and the rest of us scumbags to discuss it with you, it should be entertaining, wise sage that you are.

Oh the hell with it you are a dork period.

Guest Guest

It's just a matter of time. Maybe by summers end. A good, decent Binghamton Resident is going to take matters into their own hands. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the aftermath. I just don't want to see Al Sharpton and Mayor Ryan hand in hand joining in unity screaming racism.

Guest Guest
Golly you have no idea where I live but I will tell everyone in the area you think they are scumbags, maybe we can set up a meeting for you and the rest of us scumbags to discuss it with you, it should be entertaining, wise sage that you are.

Oh the hell with it you are a dork period.

Dude, I used to work up by that Manley's, and I agree with him. I can't imagine why any non-scumbag would live there, and all I saw walking around at lunchtime were freaks and weirdos.

A good, decent Binghamton Resident is going to take matters into their own hands.

Who? The goddamn Batman?

Dude, I used to work up by that Manley's, and I agree with him. I can't imagine why any non-scumbag would live there, and all I saw walking around at lunchtime were freaks and weirdos.

Wow i didn't know that Garo is right across the street, is he one of the weirdos, and where does Dude come from? Oh I don't live there sorry dude where did you work ? I worked in the area when it paid good money but that was before your time sleep on nails Dude

Who? The goddamn Batman?

Guest Guest
Wow i didn't know that Garo is right across the street, is he one of the weirdos, and where does Dude come from? Oh I don't live there sorry dude where did you work ? I worked in the area when it paid good money but that was before your time sleep on nails Dude

"Dude" is a pretty widely accepted, tongue-in-cheek way to express surprise at someone else's comments or actions. I think you know that. In this case, the surprising part is your trying to defend that neighborhood, as if anyone doesn't know what it has become. You might have misread the original poster you were responding to, since he didn't say "everybody who lives there are scumbags", he just said "if you live there, you're living near a bunch of scumbags". However, he's right. As far as I've seen, half the people picked up for violent crimes in this city give addresses within a few blocks of that area. When my cell phone was stolen, the people they called, with the exception of DSS and some thug in Philadelphia, were all numbers listed in that area.

To answer your question, I worked for a company that had the good sense to relocate to a better neighborhood where they didn't have to worry about employees and property being exposed to the almost nightly crime. Yes, it used to be a nice neighborhood, and yes, that was quite a while before I moved here. It's not anymore.

To my knowledge, I never saw Garo out walking around. I wouldn't know what he looks like. I'm sure he's a great guy, but if he actually lives there, I'm hard pressed to imagine why. He must watch Gran Torino a lot to keep himself motivated every day.

"Dude" is a pretty widely accepted, tongue-in-cheek way to express surprise at someone else's comments or actions. I think you know that. In this case, the surprising part is your trying to defend that neighborhood, as if anyone doesn't know what it has become. You might have misread the original poster you were responding to, since he didn't say "everybody who lives there are scumbags", he just said "if you live there, you're living near a bunch of scumbags". However, he's right. As far as I've seen, half the people picked up for violent crimes in this city give addresses within a few blocks of that area. When my cell phone was stolen, the people they called, with the exception of DSS and some thug in Philadelphia, were all numbers listed in that area.

To answer your question, I worked for a company that had the good sense to relocate to a better neighborhood where they didn't have to worry about employees and property being exposed to the almost nightly crime. Yes, it used to be a nice neighborhood, and yes, that was quite a while before I moved here. It's not anymore.

To my knowledge, I never saw Garo out walking around. I wouldn't know what he looks like. I'm sure he's a great guy, but if he actually lives there, I'm hard pressed to imagine why. He must watch Gran Torino a lot to keep himself motivated every day.

Do you know how to fix a washing machine? I really resent being called Dude, at the least it is demeaning, you may like to be called Dude or dudel or what ever, I am not trying to defend any part of Binghamton and I doubt you would ever call me a scumbag to my face and if you did I would let my Grandson teach you some respect, you must be making minimum wage and collecting food stamps there hasn't been a company that paid anything in years from that area, go south young man you are wasting your time here, who stole your cell phone a crack Ho? You seem to know that area well keep your cell phone hidden when you are trolling and use condoms, the things you put on your wiener.

Guest Guest
Do you know how to fix a washing machine? I really resent being called Dude, at the least it is demeaning, you may like to be called Dude or dudel or what ever, I am not trying to defend any part of Binghamton and I doubt you would ever call me a scumbag to my face and if you did I would let my Grandson teach you some respect, you must be making minimum wage and collecting food stamps there hasn't been a company that paid anything in years from that area, go south young man you are wasting your time here, who stole your cell phone a crack Ho? You seem to know that area well keep your cell phone hidden when you are trolling and use condoms, the things you put on your wiener.

I think I'll just leave this conversation at that. You have a nice evening.

Guest Guest
Boy, you are just making all kinds of friends tonight. ;)

It's one of the things I've enjoyed most about relocating to this area: all the charming locals.

Back in the day of your grandfather and my father and grandfather, I doubt they would let their neighborhoods become drug dens and filled with low life gangs. Enjoy the sun going back in the pool.

I only remember my great grandparents as loving cuddly devout Russian Orthodox people who had icons and crosses all over the house (one of which hangs in my livingroom). Every time we visited(lived in NYC growing up) they'd slip my brother and me $5.00 each to buy icecream. Their yard was the garden of paradise to us-every fruit tree, herb and vegetable imaginable. In many ways, when we moved here, Binghamton was like that to us as well but that's another story.

ANYWAY...they lived on Lackawana Street which runs parallel to the railroad tracks. Most of the stories I've heard revolve around my greatgrandmother. Apparantly, the hobos and gypsies would knock on the door and she'd feed them. A few of them tried to get into the house or tried to get fresh with her. A few of them tried to steal the pies she set out to cool on the back porch. Legend has it she had no problem beating them with a fry pan, pulling a rifle on them or throwing them down a really long steep staircase. I'm told my greatgrandfather had no problem pulling a rifle at intruders either. I don't think you can get away with that today. "Oh sorry officer, I thought there was an intruder lurking around my house" LOL

Oh, I just remembered...before my time they had an outdoor oven she baked bread in-they also tried to steal the bread.

Guest Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXfQzfl9EQ

I only remember my great grandparents as loving cuddly devout Russian Orthodox people who had icons and crosses all over the house (one of which hangs in my livingroom). Every time we visited(lived in NYC growing up) they'd slip my brother and me $5.00 each to buy icecream. Their yard was the garden of paradise to us-every fruit tree, herb and vegetable imaginable. In many ways, when we moved here, Binghamton was like that to us as well but that's another story.

ANYWAY...they lived on Lackawana Street which runs parallel to the railroad tracks. Most of the stories I've heard revolve around my greatgrandmother. Apparantly, the hobos and gypsies would knock on the door and she'd feed them. A few of them tried to get into the house or tried to get fresh with her. A few of them tried to steal the pies she set out to cool on the back porch. Legend has it she had no problem beating them with a fry pan, pulling a rifle on them or throwing them down a really long steep staircase. I'm told my greatgrandfather had no problem pulling a rifle at intruders either. I don't think you can get away with that today. "Oh sorry officer, I thought there was an intruder lurking around my house" LOL

Oh, I just remembered...before my time they had an outdoor oven she baked bread in-they also tried to steal the bread.

It was a different time, I was born in Laurel Run PA, that is the mountain next to Wilkes Barre, all of us were delivered by my Grandmother she was a midwife and she praticed Pow Wow she also tended the sick and she gather her own medicine of herbs, her name was Fannie Clingerman, she was married to Charles Clingerman and he worked for General Oliver Mills as a manager in his powder mill, my Grandmothers maiden name was Race and her Father Henry Race was the first burgess of Laurel Run, her Mother was Ellen Dickinson a decendant of John Dickinson who helped write our Constitoution

my mothers side of the family goes back to 1650 in this country.

I am writting a novel about the coal mines and my Grandmother who was a remarkable woman, the American labor movement began in that area, have a good day.

What a small world! I'll bet your ancestor John Dickenson may have met one of my ancestors on the Italian side of my family, Philip Mazzei. He coined the phrase to Thomas Jefferson "all men are created equal". President Kennedy gave him credit for it.

Kind of a funny story related to that...when we moved to Binghamton, my cousin moved to Long Island. She was in the fourth grade, new school, and immediatley, she and another boy liked each other. Their teacher gave them an assignment to write an essay based on an historical figure that they were going to give an oral report to class on. She and this boy were both dumbfounded that they had both chosen Philip Mazzei. My greatgrandmother on that side of the family had 13 children who spread out all over the east coast. Turns out the boy she liked was our cousin-they were so disappointed but happy as well. Now she had cousins living around the corner again!

What a small world! I'll bet your ancestor John Dickinson may have met one of my ancestors on the Italian side of my family, Philip Mazzei. He coined the phrase to Thomas Jefferson "all men are created equal". President Kennedy gave him credit for it.

Kind of a funny story related to that...when we moved to Binghamton, my cousin moved to Long Island. She was in the fourth grade, new school, and immediately, she and another boy liked each other. Their teacher gave them an assignment to write an essay based on an historical figure that they were going to give an oral report to class on. She and this boy were both dumbfounded that they had both chosen Philip Mazzei. My greatgrandmother on that side of the family had 13 children who spread out all over the east coast. Turns out the boy she liked was our cousin-they were so disappointed but happy as well. Now she had cousins living around the corner again!

[/quote

More than likely they did meet John Dickinson and Jefferson were very good friends, Dickinson was very wealthy with plantations in Maryland and Delaware and farm land in PA and homes in Philadelphia, Jefferson and Dickinson wrote the letters to the King in the hopes that he would become aware of what the Parliament was up to, Dickinson also wrote the papers of a Pennsylvania farmer, briefly he was a Brigadier general at the start of the Revolution and stopped the British at New Jersey he was passed up for promotion because he did not sign the Declaration of Independence so he resigned and enlisted as a private in Delaware and again was promoted to General when he signed the Constitution he freed his slaves.

My Grand mother had boxes of letters from Washington Jefferson, Franklin and all the rest of the signers and probably Mazzei, my second cousins told us they donated them to the area libraries, this turned out to be untrue, they sold them.

It was hard for these men to get together so writing letters was the best form of communication, Dickinson and John Adams came to blows on several occasions history paints a great picture of Adams but the truth be know if Adams had his way we would have been crushed early on, It truly is a small world, in my research I found out I have relations all over the country. John Dickinson often said no matter the outcome of this revolution he would fare better than most and he did take up arms something can be said for that. Have a happy day.

Guest LibertyMinded

Sleeping with a gun under your pillow is not a healthy lifestyle.

Wrong...

It is America, OLD SCHOOL. Like when we didn't want British soldiers busting down our doors without a warrant. You support the treasonous "patriot act" don't you?

Guest Guest

Wrong...

It is America, OLD SCHOOL. Like when we didn't want British soldiers busting down our doors without a warrant. You support the treasonous "patriot act" don't you?

Nope, just not paranoid.

Wrong...

The patriot act, dress it up as best you can, they wanted to push a law through that if you criticized the government you could be arrested for treason.

A Russian woman some ten years ago said to me don't you people realize what is happening in your country, your liberties are being taken away from you!

The list is growing by thousands every month, reminds me of Germany, Hitler wanted his political prisoners to suffer a humiliating death so he had their heads chopped off, they motorized the guillotine and set a record with it with 22 be headings in one half hour.

Guest Liberty Minded

The patriot act, dress it up as best you can, they wanted to push a law through that if you criticized the government you could be arrested for treason.

A Russian woman some ten years ago said to me don't you people realize what is happening in your country, your liberties are being taken away from you!

The list is growing by thousands every month, reminds me of Germany, Hitler wanted his political prisoners to suffer a humiliating death so he had their heads chopped off, they motorized the guillotine and set a record with it with 22 be headings in one half hour.

Amen to you. I hope you told her "No, they are to busy borrowing money from their bank or using their credit card to FEEL like they are SOMEBODY." America is one step away from being done. Our trump card is being played right now. If our government is not successful at murdering hundreds of thousands of people only because they have brown skin and sit on oil, belly up America. And we are "EXCEPTIONAL"...remember that you cowards.

Archived