President Obamas Speech

ginger

Guest Guest

You lumped together Medicare and Medicaid but they are 2 separate items. Workers and their employers PAID INTO Medicare. Medicaid is funded from tax receipts. You need to be honest. When are you going to start?

Don't confuse illogical with facts!! He hates that.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do we have to pay our debt? You're against taxing the rich another 4% but you're asking why we have to pay our debt?

First off examine who a majority of that debt is owed to, it's owed to the social security fund. Meaning if it's not paid, social security doesn't have the funds that it's supposed to.

Second, are you really suggesting that we don't pay our debts to banks and foreign lenders, which means we'll default on our loans, causing our ability to borrow to be destroyed, causing our interest rates to rise (that means consumer interest rates also). I suppose you're one of those people who thinks it's perfectly okay to walk away from a mortgage eh?

I don't, I'm being facetious. Nevertheless, I bought a house I could afford in good times or bad. I'm sorry but the government really needs to be cut off. We SHOULD have to face the embarrassment of not being able to pay the bills. May as well do it now, before the situation gets worse. These people are supposed to represent the best and the brightest but time and time again they spend like Rockefeller on Joe the plumbers paycheck. Start calling our creditors-you too Gov. Cuomo. I'm done with having to deal with a government who doesn't even care enough to carry a LIFE insurance policy.

Nobody said balance the budget by cutting ss. The thought that we could balance the budget by cutting one program is pretty ignorant. Take those pants off your head. The prognosis for ss is worse than you state and will get even worse with more and more people going on it for the next 2 decades. Add to that the fact that people are having significantly fewer children do to the financial crisis. Cuts need to be made to ALL social programs. Americans have gotten to used to fat handouts.

As far as "robbing peter to pay paul", what do you think they have been doing? And they only get worse unless we put the brakes on now instead of kicking the problem down the road. Like until after the next election!!! How transparent are obama and geitner?

I stated off the CBO projects, pretty much the goto projections. Can you point me to where I said it was the only program being cut? I pointed out that it's a fairly sad state of affairs that we're cutting a program that still runs in the black, aimed at our older citizenry when we refuse to let a tax break expire on the wealthiest Americans. I agreed that cuts had to be made, but I did state that cuts aren't the full picture, revenue has to be increased also.

I don't think 1,177$ (the average monthly social security benefit at the beginning of 2011) is a fat hand out. $2,366 at the age of 66 is the MAX benefit you can get, and that's if you've hit every year at the max taxation. I'm sorry, none of those numbers are "fat payouts".

The American people on average have less social safety nets than most other developed countries in the world. So please don't give me the line of drivel "Americans have gotten used to fat handouts".

Guest Guest

Yeah, don't confuse me with those. Can someone besides me start posting those? That would be great.

They have no facts to post. Only regurgitated opinions.

Guest Guest

I stated off the CBO projects, pretty much the goto projections. Can you point me to where I said it was the only program being cut?

You implied it: "I agree, minor changes need to be changed, but the idea that balancing the budget by cutting Social Security is pants on the head dumb." You were the only one who even suggested it.

I pointed out that it's a fairly sad state of affairs that we're cutting a program that still runs in the black, aimed at our older citizenry when we refuse to let a tax break expire on the wealthiest Americans. I agreed that cuts had to be made, but I did state that cuts aren't the full picture, revenue has to be increased also.

We know that ss, as it stands now, is RUNNING OUT OF MONEY. It CAN NOT continue to exist as it is now. You are truly a simple minded person.

I don't think 1,177$ (the average monthly social security benefit at the beginning of 2011) is a fat hand out. $2,366 at the age of 66 is the MAX benefit you can get, and that's if you've hit every year at the max taxation. I'm sorry, none of those numbers are "fat payouts".

Multiply it by 12 months/then the number of years a person is likely to live. It ain't chump change stupid.

The American people on average have less social safety nets than most other developed countries in the world. So please don't give me the line of drivel "Americans have gotten used to fat handouts".

And look how those "social safety nets" are working for those countries. Rioting in England because students might have to pay for their college education. Greece, rioting because they cant retire young with huge paychecks. It isn't working moron.

Guest Guest

Yeah, don't confuse me with those. Can someone besides me start posting those? That would be great.

You really need to change your screen name. I have never seen one that was so far off the mark.

Guest Guest

And look how those "social safety nets" are working for those countries. Rioting in England because students might have to pay for their college education. Greece, rioting because they cant retire young with huge paychecks. It isn't working moron.

This isn't Greece or England, moron.

Guest Guest

You really need to change your screen name. I have never seen one that was so far off the mark.

It would be nice if you could offer a rebuttal using facts.

Guest Guest

This isn't Greece or England, moron.

Thank God!! Stupid fool... I mean logical, was saying how great other countries were in their social programs. Those are examples of how they are not. If you can't keep up with the conversation then don't post, idjit. It just lets others know how ignorant you are.

Guest Guest

Thank God!! Stupid fool... I mean logical, was saying how great other countries were in their social programs. Those are examples of how they are not. If you can't keep up with the conversation then don't post, idjit. It just lets others know how ignorant you are.

I ain't the poster logical but thanks for proving what a fool you are. It made my day.

Guest Guest

You are posting half truths. Most people are smarter than to try to fake people out this way.

Guest justice4all

Ur all a bunch of baffoooooons!!!! Repubs are out of touch and the Dems seem to be too cowardly to step up and

depose the unelected King of America, John Beener. What a fluckin joke!!!!! I didn't elect Beener and it is not only because of my disability that I and like minded American citizens deserve the chance to give to these bastards exactly what they want to give to us. There is not one of these Flucks that will not eat, have a place to sleep or seek medical treatment because of their unflinching desire to destroy the American middle class. To hell with Cantor, Beener and all Repubs, who are so out of touch, they continue to claim the "job-creators" need tax breaks while the elderly and disabled have been suffering already for two years. There "should" be a revolution if the GOP try to ram anything down the throat of America!!! What happens if the elderly, disabled and veterans aren't given their SS to survive?

Congressman John Boehner will be remembered as the Newt Gingrich of the 21st Century!!!!!

A republican is no different than a taliban!!!!!! They shove shit down the throats of their people and kill them if they don't accept their way only....just like the gosh dang scum of the earth, second and third home owning MFer Congressmen. This is not a democracy, but a Rich-e-richocracy!!!!! Where the rich get richer and slowly the rest of us live off of less and less. And still we are better off than some of the world's poor. That is just another excuse of the repugs.

Guest Guest

Your disability is the inability to see reality.

I am always a little sad that you tools can't even be a little original or intelligent in your come-backs. Not surprised though. As unimaginative and ignorant as your liberal politics.

Guest Guest

I am always a little sad that you tools can't even be a little original or intelligent in your come-backs. Not surprised though. As unimaginative and ignorant as your liberal politics.

No sense in being original or intelligent when dealing with a child-like mind like yours. It's a waste of time. Anyone who thinks conservatives are better than liberals has a lot of growing up to do.

Guest Guest

No sense in being original or intelligent when dealing with a child-like mind like yours. It's a waste of time. Anyone who thinks conservatives are better than liberals has a lot of growing up to do.

That is slighlty better. You still have a long way to go.

It is obvious by your post that you are, at most, still in college. The truth is that many people start out liberal, especially when attending college. Then they move out of mom and dad's house, have to get a job, start paying their own way, and eventually mature into a more conservative belief system. It is only when they are really old, living off social security, and getting senile that some revert back to their foolish liberal ways.

Guest Guest

That is slighlty better. You still have a long way to go.

It is obvious by your post that you are, at most, still in college. The truth is that many people start out liberal, especially when attending college. Then they move out of mom and dad's house, have to get a job, start paying their own way, and eventually mature into a more conservative belief system. It is only when they are really old, living off social security, and getting senile that some revert back to their foolish liberal ways.

Right. Care to provide something factual to back up your moronic statement?

I'll wait.

Guest Guest

Right. Care to provide something factual to back up your moronic statement?

I'll wait.

You will have to wait about twenty years. That is at least how long it will take you to move out of your parents and support yourself. Good luck when you eventually enter the real world.

Guest Guest

You will have to wait about twenty years. That is at least how long it will take you to move out of your parents and support yourself. Good luck when you eventually enter the real world.

You forgot the mom's basement part.

So once again, you just make stuff up as you go along thinking others will believe your child-like fantasies.

Guest Guest

It is called reality. You should join.

Sure.

I'm still waiting for something factual. But keep posting adolescent responses. You only expose yourself further.

Archived