President Obamas Speech

ginger

Guest Guest

Here is a sample of the rising debt ceiling....

June 2002: Congress approves a $450 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $6.4 trillion. McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor vote “yea”, Kyl votes “nay.”

May 2003: Congress approves a $900 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $7.384 trillion. All four approve.

November 2004: Congress approves an $800 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.1 trillion. All four approve.

March 2006: Congress approves a $781 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $8.965 trillion. All four approve.

September 2007: Congress approves an $850 billion increase, raising the debt limit to $9.815 trillion. All four approve.

Now the republicans are saying raising the debt ceiling is bad unless there are compromises??? There has never been any additions or compromises to the debt ceiling votes... why now? Oh yeah, that's right... they don't like this president for whatever reason they make up to cover their true thoughts.

Would you like to know who voted not to raise it under Bush? One Barack Hussein Obama. Go ahead and tell us how it was all good and great when he voted that way and now it is wrong for others to do the same.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

No matter which side you are on, the President said one important word: "Compromise." From what I see, Obama is willing to make cuts and meet in the middle. The Republicans are not willing to meet in the middle. It’s their way or no way. Compromise is how we get things done.

Guest Guest

it is 2 groups of kids using every slur tactic in the world to look right. neither side is right. they still have to temporarily get this done and continue working on it for the future. really complicated stuff. i thought they got paid for these type of things.

Guest Guest

Sre he will make cuts and meet in the middle after spending is over 9 trillion, that really makes alot of sense! maybe the money would be better spend bailing out the people instead of everyone else.

I guess you're not big on paying off your debts.

Guest Guest

Would you like to know who voted not to raise it under Bush? One Barack Hussein Obama. Go ahead and tell us how it was all good and great when he voted that way and now it is wrong for others to do the same.

Gotta pay the Bush debt back somehow. Maybe if more voted against it back then, we wouldn't be in as deep a hole as we are now.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Guest Guest

Your "disability" is obviously severe brain damage.

Fortunately for you, we are all anonymous, cuz I would be most relieved to transfer the pain I experience on a daily basis by pounding my forehead into the face of any socksuckin' republican MFer. For teabaggers, hmmmmmm......

No matter which side you are on, the President said one important word: "Compromise." From what I see, Obama is willing to make cuts and meet in the middle. The Republicans are not willing to meet in the middle. It’s their way or no way. Compromise is how we get things done.

I understand how the President says he wants to compromise. I also wouldn't mind seeing a tax increase on myself to do my part.

But, it should be easy to remember last April, when Congress tried to cut spending. It started out as $69 billion (some in the Tea Party wanted $100 billion). That couldn't be done. The Republicans managed to get the Democrats to commit to at least $39 billion. When the dust all settled, a paltry $352 million was ultimately cut from the Federal Budget.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/deal-includes-86b-in-cuts-that-likely-would-never-have-been-spent/2011/04/12/AFFbG4bD_story.html

If this was the Democrat idea of "compromise," I can't blame Congressman Boehner for holding out this time.

Guest Guest

I understand how the President says he wants to compromise. I also wouldn't mind seeing a tax increase on myself to do my part.

But, it should be easy to remember last April, when Congress tried to cut spending. It started out as $69 billion (some in the Tea Party wanted $100 billion). That couldn't be done. The Republicans managed to get the Democrats to commit to at least $39 billion. When the dust all settled, a paltry $352 million was ultimately cut from the Federal Budget.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/deal-includes-86b-in-cuts-that-likely-would-never-have-been-spent/2011/04/12/AFFbG4bD_story.html

If this was the Democrat idea of "compromise," I can't blame Congressman Boehner for holding out this time.

“There are some who claim that the spending cuts in this bill aren’t real, that they’re gimmicks,” Boehner said in a speech before the House’s vote. “Well, I just think it’s total nonsense. A cut is a cut.”

Now you are just being dishonest partisan hack, blaming this on the democrats when it was a partisan agreement with the republicans in control of the house. You are what's wrong with this country.

I don't pretend to be the brightest of the bunch and, it's not just this president. It's never, "hey can I borrow a cup of sugar". It's always, " I need THIS MUCH RIGHT NOW OR ELSE!- or else I'm losing the house,the car,the kid." You want me to cosign another loan when you've already screwed up everyone elses credit. Why?, so YOU can keep stylin'? You raised the debt ceiling 7 times! The president wants more from rich people (I'm not even close) doesn't matter, it's NEVER enough. Then, to top it off, if I might be so bold, you show the hard working americans no respect. You give away golf carts and free wifi on my dime and you have no money saved for a rainy day. Finally, I have $40.00 left in my wallet, which normally I would feel sorry for you and say"this is all I have but you're welcome to it" I'm not doing that anymore either. STOP CALLING ME AND STOP CALLING MY RICH RELATIVES-we're done.

Obama and those who voted for him are certified idiots by any and all standards. I reckon that is about it.

Guest Guest

open mouth, insert foot.

Guest Guest

Obama and those who voted for him are certified idiots by any and all standards. I reckon that is about it.

republican logic. very deep.

You are what's wrong with this country.

Biggest ignorant ahole statement of all time, regardless of who says it.

Both parties are bipartisan on the most important philosophy in government....

fleece the people and better their own existence.

Republicans and Democrats alike are running the country straight into the hopper for good.

The way I look at it, they have 2 main jobs to do when it comes to the US's debt.

1. Final debt ceiling....raise it for the last time to prevent default.

2. Come up with a way to start lowering the debt immediately.

You don't have to be a moron to figure out that spending needs to be cut and taxes need to be levied to accomplish this. It amazes me that each party thinks that economic well being can be acheived through only one of these 5th grade concepts.

Guest Guest

Republicans and Democrats alike are running the country straight into the hopper for good.

The way I look at it, they have 2 main jobs to do when it comes to the US's debt.

You don't have to be a moron to figure out that spending needs to be cut and taxes need to be levied to accomplish this. It amazes me that each party thinks that economic well being can be acheived through only one of these 5th grade concepts.

Your response is a little too simplistic. There are many who believe that raising taxes at this point in time will actually lower revenue because it will have a negative effect on the sluggish (understatement) economy. Resulting in lower amounts of income to be taxed. Agree or disagree, there is no doubt that obama's spending has not helped the economy and massively increased the debt. His ideas aren't working. Why do people think his most recent plan will?

Guest Guest

1. Raise it

2. Eliminate Bush tax cuts.

It's ridiculous that some of the richest people pay less in taxes than some of the middle class. They keep the money they save from it. They do not "create jobs". It's simple.

Guest Guest

Your response is a little too simplistic. There are many who believe that raising taxes at this point in time will actually lower revenue because it will have a negative effect on the sluggish (understatement) economy. Resulting in lower amounts of income to be taxed. Agree or disagree, there is no doubt that obama's spending has not helped the economy and massively increased the debt. His ideas aren't working. Why do people think his most recent plan will?

We are in debt because of spending under Bush. Why do you people have blinders on?

Guest Guest

We are in debt because of spending under Bush. Why do you people have blinders on?

How dumb are you when you ignore the fact that obama has outspent Bush in half the time? You don't need blinders. All you can see is the inside of your large colon.

Guest Guest

1. Raise it

2. Eliminate Bush tax cuts.

It's ridiculous that some of the richest people pay less in taxes than some of the middle class. They keep the money they save from it. They do not "create jobs". It's simple.

They already pay the vast majority of the bill. They save it. Good. Maybe the rest of the country could learn from them instead of just creating their own personal debt. It is simple. Don't spend more than you bring in.

Guest Guest

ITS BUSH"S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Really? That's all you got?

Guest Guest

ITS BUSH"S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!

Really? That's all you got?

He has his hand in a great amount of our debt. Look at his unfunded spending compared to Obama's. Turn off the Fox News. They're using you, man.

Guest Guest

He has his hand in a great amount of our debt. Look at his unfunded spending compared to Obama's. Turn off the Fox News. They're using you, man.

Wake up, clueless. Look at what obama has already spent and how much he wants to continue spending. Try turning on Fox News. You would obviously learn something.

Guest Guest

Wake up, clueless. Look at what obama has already spent and how much he wants to continue spending. Try turning on Fox News. You would obviously learn something.

Arrogant and ignorant are not redeeming personality traits.

Maybe a picture will help....

Archived