President Obamas Speech

ginger

Guest Guest

Fox News is a joke. Simple inflammatory rabble rabble for simple people.

You hate them because they don't worship at obama's feet like you lemmings. I bet you get a "tingle" up your leg every time obama gets on the tv to convince you fools he has a clue.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting ^-seems I do remember that now. I stated it's not just this president. I still maintain, no matter how much we give them It's NEVER ENOUGH. Let me rephrase, no matter how much they take, they never seem to be able to get it together. It's ALWAYS A DISASTER. So I say no, you don't get to raise taxes or the debt ceiling.

Oh hey, I just remembered something else. Speaking of metaphor...About 20 yrs ago my daughters teacher got a $350.00 grant to make a quilt but...I still had to take her to Joann Fabric, let her pick out the material and PAY for those quilting squares because...needles thread and batting cost so much? Ok, maybe not metaphor-more like allusion.

Guest Guest

You hate them because they don't worship at obama's feet like you lemmings.

No, we distrust them becaus ethey are a propaganda machine, not a news organization, and you lemmings fall for the "fair and balanced" tag.

Look, I don't like paying taxes either, but you need to get real. You can't pay your rent if you don't make any money. We enjoy one of the lowest tax rates in the developed world.

Nor can you pay your rent if all levels of Government confiscate more of your earnings than they allow you to keep !

If our " .... lowest tax rates in the developed world. " is so bad , why are all the other nations doing so much worse than the USA ? Why is it necessary for them to rely so much on the Foreign Aid they recieve from us " low taxed " EARNERS ?

BTW , the Bush tax cuts have already expired . Barry The Omnipotent caused those cuts to remain in . They Factually should be refered to as the " Barry / Obama tax cut extensions " .

Could you possibly educate us by mentioning what taxes you beleive are too low ? And explain why , keeping in mind even fees permits licensing cost et al are taxes under a duplicitous moniker ?

Guest Guest

No, we distrust them becaus ethey are a propaganda machine, not a news organization, and you lemmings fall for the "fair and balanced" tag.

I spent years watching the other stations and got sick and tired of their slanted presentation of the news. Fox is way more balanced and has people from across the political spectrum well represented.They always give both sides. Yes, sometimes a member of Fox displays a lean to the right but, unlike you apparently, I am able to recognize that and evaluate the report with that knowledge. There are also members at Fox who lean way to the left. It is an intelligent persons ability to see it and factor it into how they view the report that matters. You obviously are incapable which explains why you watch all the other stations and immediately hard wire whatever they tell you into your world view. Break free and learn to think for yourself. It is never too late.

Guest Guest

I forgot:

Refering to me as a "lemming" right after I called you one is a good indicator of your low cognitive ability. Can't think for yourself? Thanks.

I spent years watching the other stations and got sick and tired of their slanted presentation of the news. Fox is way more balanced and has people from across the political spectrum well represented.They always give both sides. Yes, sometimes a member of Fox displays a lean to the right but, unlike you apparently, I am able to recognize that and evaluate the report with that knowledge. There are also members at Fox who lean way to the left. It is an intelligent persons ability to see it and factor it into how they view the report that matters. You obviously are incapable which explains why you watch all the other stations and immediately hard wire whatever they tell you into your world view. Break free and learn to think for yourself. It is never too late.

Do you expect the few fools who regurgitate " fascist policy " on here to understand ? Sure they provide belly laughs but why humour them ?

Given there are many who disagree with Common Sense , why allow them to set the tone of discussion ? Why allow them to divert the argument from Facts and Reality ?

Teach the ignorant , ignore or play with ( when time allows ) , the stupid . ( How ya doing Jenkins , this Hope & Change working out for you ? In spide of his above average qualifications have you noticed how much debt your son is liable for since " Barry the Great " has been around ? )

Guest Guest

Sorry - I have a degree in political science and am adept at winnowing out bias which, like you, I use in analyzing news reports from all sources. I also do not watch any of the other news stations with any regularity but when I do, they also get analyzed. I also recognize the bias of each Fox presenter and analyze accordingly. During my (at least) weekly visits to my parents, my stepfather watches "Fox News" so I have a substantial amount of viewing over the last 7-8 years or so which has led me to my conclusions that Fox, even including the "counterpoint" presenters, is far more propaganda than news and should be treated accordingly. That is my conclusion based on experience and training. You may have reached a dissimilar conclusion and I respect that, but based on my data your conclusion is insupportable. But we can agree to disagree.

As for the lemming remark, I wanted to be sure that the true blind followers were identified. In my view, you missed the mark on the prior conclusion (perhaps because Fox plays into YOUR world view)and I wanted to correct the reference. If that's the sign of a limited mind, I apologize, but again don't think your conclusion was supported by the data.

Guest Guest

Do you expect the few fools who regurgitate " fascist policy " on here to understand ? Sure they provide belly laughs but why humour them ?

Given there are many who disagree with Common Sense , why allow them to set the tone of discussion ? Why allow them to divert the argument from Facts and Reality ?

Teach the ignorant , ignore or play with ( when time allows ) , the stupid . ( How ya doing Jenkins , this Hope & Change working out for you ? In spide of his above average qualifications have you noticed how much debt your son is liable for since " Barry the Great " has been around ? )

I know you are chasing your last brain cells, so maybe a picture will help you understand 'Facts and Reality'.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Guest Guest

And the debt ceiling was raised 18 times under Reagan. But who's counting.

So, I guess what you're saying is that the US has raised it more than enough times, and now it's time to get serious and lower our debt instead of continuing to put bandaids on this gaping wound.

Guest Guest

So, I guess what you're saying is that the US has raised it more than enough times, and now it's time to get serious and lower our debt instead of continuing to put bandaids on this gaping wound.

No, what I am saying is that Boehner and his buddies are hypocrites. They voted for the debt and now they don't want to pay for it.

Sorry - I have a degree in political science and am adept at winnowing out bias which, like you, I use in analyzing news reports from all sources. I also do not watch any of the other news stations with any regularity but when I do, they also get analyzed. I also recognize the bias of each Fox presenter and analyze accordingly. During my (at least) weekly visits to my parents, my stepfather watches "Fox News" so I have a substantial amount of viewing over the last 7-8 years or so which has led me to my conclusions that Fox, even including the "counterpoint" presenters, is far more propaganda than news and should be treated accordingly. That is my conclusion based on experience and training. You may have reached a dissimilar conclusion and I respect that, but based on my data your conclusion is insupportable. But we can agree to disagree.

As for the lemming remark, I wanted to be sure that the true blind followers were identified. In my view, you missed the mark on the prior conclusion (perhaps because Fox plays into YOUR world view)and I wanted to correct the reference. If that's the sign of a limited mind, I apologize, but again don't think your conclusion was supported by the data.

Please take no offensens , but a Degree is not much diffent than a Turd . What you are fed determines what you defecate !

My single Doctorat , three Masters , and multiple minor Degrees are Moot based on my Real World Education and Efforts !

\

Over Educated and Under Intelligent is too common !

One of my amusements is tolerating those pretentious a- hol;es who think all those affirmative action Degrees are credible in the Real World .

Those who suffer are the actual Learners and hard workers who are looked at as Affirmative Action Degreed !

Guest Guest

No, what I am saying is that Boehner and his buddies are hypocrites. They voted for the debt and now they don't want to pay for it.

Obama voted against it until he became prez and now it's all burn, baby burn. Raise that debt. Talk about hypocrites.

Guest Guest

Here's an interesting quote:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Who said it? Barack Hussein Obama. That was in 2006 when he voted against raising the debt limit. In 07 and 08 he didn't even bother to vote. So let's talk about hypocrites here, shall we?

Guest Guest

Please take no offensens , but a Degree is not much diffent than a Turd . What you are fed determines what you defecate !

My single Doctorat , three Masters , and multiple minor Degrees are Moot based on my Real World Education and Efforts !

\

Over Educated and Under Intelligent is too common !

One of my amusements is tolerating those pretentious a- hol;es who think all those affirmative action Degrees are credible in the Real World .

Those who suffer are the actual Learners and hard workers who are looked at as Affirmative Action Degreed !

No offense taken, and I ask you not to take offense at my replies:

(1) What you are taught in college does NOT depend on what you were fed; critical thinkers can discern the bias of their professors and assess the teaching accordingly;

(2) If none of your degrees are relevant today, I respectfully submit that you should have (a) chosen better schools or (B) chosen better subjects to study.

Guest Guest

Here's an interesting quote:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Who said it? Barack Hussein Obama. That was in 2006 when he voted against raising the debt limit. In 07 and 08 he didn't even bother to vote. So let's talk about hypocrites here, shall we?

That was then, this is now. Economic conditions between the two periods in time cannot be more different.

Guest Guest

That was then, this is now. Economic conditions between the two periods in time cannot be more different.

Hahaha. It was ok for him, but noone else. His big spending has done wonders for the economy so far has it not? He has stated that he regrets voting that way back then. Kinda blows the "it's different now" argument out of the water. For the record I do think he regrets it but only because it came back to bite him now. He was voting party line plain and simple.

No offense taken, and I ask you not to take offense at my replies:

(1) What you are taught in college does NOT depend on what you were fed; critical thinkers can discern the bias of their professors and assess the teaching accordingly;

(2) If none of your degrees are relevant today, I respectfully submit that you should have (a) chosen better schools or (B) chosen better subjects to study.

Other than the one I take Pride in , and fought for , the others were achieved by selling my soul for no purpose other than getting a piece of Paper !

My current " Subject to Study " is Americans With Heart and Soul Dedicated To the Preservation of our Constitution !

Not that you will ever understand , it has to do with Patriotism !

Guest Guest

Hahaha. It was ok for him, but noone else. His big spending has done wonders for the economy so far has it not? He has stated that he regrets voting that way back then. Kinda blows the "it's different now" argument out of the water. For the record I do think he regrets it but only because it came back to bite him now. He was voting party line plain and simple.

Maybe if more voted against it we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. Someone has to pay off Bush's bills.

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Ok...so lets say that makes him a hypocrit......that doesn't make him wrong.

So in your eyes, somebody who racked up personal debt, maxed out all their credit cards and faced bankruptcy would be a hypocrit if they made the decision to be fiscally responsible and pay down their debt?

I am not defending the continued deficit spending each year of my adult life, but at some point something has to change.

So in your eyes, somebody who racked up personal debt, maxed out all their credit cards and faced bankruptcy would be a hypocrit if they made the decision to be fiscally responsible and pay down their debt?

I am not defending the continued deficit spending each year of my adult life, but at some point something has to change.

Guest no degree still good

Other than the one I take Pride in , and fought for , the others were achieved by selling my soul for no purpose other than getting a piece of Paper !

My current " Subject to Study " is Americans With Heart and Soul Dedicated To the Preservation of our Constitution !

Sold out for the degree-I bet that's an interesting story. Maybe another thread another time ;)

Guest Guest

I respectfully disagree. I am patriotic; you, my friend, are jingoistic. There is a HUGE gulf between the two.

Guest Guest

You are being simplistic.

Fiscal responsibility on the backs of of 98% of the populace while protecting 2% of the populace is not responsible. It's selling yourself out to those that finance you. Those that have suffered the most the past three years are being asked to pay back the debt that the top 2% created and prospered from. Is that democracy in action? Is this the America you want?

Archived