President Obamas Speech

ginger

So I see. Liberals believe that the fact that past presidents have raised our debt ceiling which has helped get us in the mess we are in now and is destroying many European countries as we speak, is justification for this president to do the same thing? Isn't that like trying to cure anthrax with some more anthrax? :lol: Liberal logic at it's finest.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

So I see. Liberals believe that the fact that past presidents have raised our debt ceiling which has helped get us in the mess we are in now and is destroying many European countries as we speak, is justification for this president to do the same thing? Isn't that like trying to cure anthrax with some more anthrax? :lol: Liberal logic at it's finest.

More simplistic drivel from a partisan moron.

The debt ceiling was raised before for needless wars. Now it needs to be raised to pay for them. Not doing so will destroy this country like the countries in Europe.

Guest Guest

You are being simplistic.

Fiscal responsibility on the backs of of 98% of the populace while protecting 2% of the populace is not responsible. It's selling yourself out to those that finance you. Those that have suffered the most the past three years are being asked to pay back the debt that the top 2% created and prospered from. Is that democracy in action? Is this the America you want?

Seriously??!!! Half the people dont pay ANY federal taxes. Let them start kicking in. The top 2 percent already pay the lions share. It is time for the beneficiaries of our country's largesse start to give back.

Guest Guest

The debt ceiling was raised before for needless wars. Now it needs to be raised to pay for them. Not doing so will destroy this country like the countries in Europe.

Tom's response may be simplistic but at least it makes sense. Your post doesn't even reach that standard.

Guest Guest

So, if you buy something on credit and you can't pay for it, you should buy more credit instead of cutting your wild spending spree? Yes that makes perfect sense. Instead of taking the side of the lunatics, why don't you put the whole debt debate into understandable microeconomic terms. Relate it to your household budget.. If you were in this much debt and you decided to keep spending because you believed you could force your neighbors to pay for your irresponsibility, you'd pretty much be considered an @$$. You could also go to jail for extortion.

Guest Guest

So, why is this a crisis now? Deficits were fine until 2011 and now all of a sudden we have a crisis, we are in a mess.

Do you really think the country can function without raising the debt ceiling?

Will those people in favor of cuts also be in favor of immediate withdrawal ( also an expensive proposition) from our foreign wars.

How about a total cut in US government spending in Broome and Tioga Counties.

You realize the cuts the Republicans are howling about haven't been mapped out, they are just goals, numbers they are pulling out of their butts.

Guest Guest

Seriously??!!! Half the people dont pay ANY federal taxes. Let them start kicking in. The top 2 percent already pay the lions share. It is time for the beneficiaries of our country's largesse start to give back.

Are you in the top 2%?

STFU

Guest Guest

So, if you buy something on credit and you can't pay for it, you should buy more credit instead of cutting your wild spending spree? Yes that makes perfect sense. Instead of taking the side of the lunatics, why don't you put the whole debt debate into understandable microeconomic terms. Relate it to your household budget.. If you were in this much debt and you decided to keep spending because you believed you could force your neighbors to pay for your irresponsibility, you'd pretty much be considered an @$$. You could also go to jail for extortion.

I guess McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor should be in jail then. They raised the debt ceiling 5 times before this.

Guest Guest

I guess McConnell, Boehner, and Cantor should be in jail then. They raised the debt ceiling 5 times before this.

We can't raise it forever. The last Nov. elections was a complete change in course. Spending has to be curtailed. If we are spending more than we are taking in, it needs to stop. A balanced budget Amendment is a perfect solution.

Guest Guest

We can't raise it forever. The last Nov. elections was a complete change in course. Spending has to be curtailed. If we are spending more than we are taking in, it needs to stop. A balanced budget Amendment is a perfect solution.

When was the last time this country wasn't spending more then it was taking in? Please.

When was the last time this country wasn't spending more then it was taking in? Please.

Is that your justification to keep going down the same road to ruin? Should we keep doing the same thing we now know has put our country in financial trouble? Not logical. Liberals want to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting the outcome to be different. It will NEVER be any different. The current president promised "hope and change". Other than forcing the $1.5 trillion highly partisan health care bill down our throats in the middle of the night without reading it, I see no change.

Guest Guest

Is that your justification to keep going down the same road to ruin? Should we keep doing the same thing we now know has put our country in financial trouble? Not logical. Liberals want to keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting the outcome to be different. It will NEVER be any different. The current president promised "hope and change". Other than forcing the $1.5 trillion highly partisan health care bill down our throats in the middle of the night without reading it, I see no change.

You don't see a lot of things tom, but we expect that of you.

Guest Guest

We want communism, tom. Lots and lots of communism.

Guest Guest

So we should keep doing it?? How F#@#ing stupid are you?

Guest Guest

KMA loser. I am most definitely closer to it than you are. Pull your weight scumbag.

So you're okay with the top 2% paying less in taxes than you?

Guest Guest

So you're okay with the top 2% paying less in taxes than you?

You are a true idiot. I am perfectly happy with the top two percent paying half or more of all revenue. I think it is disgusting that 1/2 the country doesn't pay anything but expect all the benefits and priveleges.

Guest Guest

You are a true idiot. I am perfectly happy with the top two percent paying half or more of all revenue. I think it is disgusting that 1/2 the country doesn't pay anything but expect all the benefits and priveleges.

Yeah. They should have jobs. I'm 100% in agreement with you on that. It's tough to make that happen when we don't even have jobs for people that actually want them though.

Guest Guest

You do realize that stating that those people pay _nothing_ is wrong right? They may not pay income taxes, but they pay social security taxes still, they still pay taxes on gasoline, sales taxes, taxes on phones, taxes on a myriad other items.

Yes, the top percentages do pay most of the income tax collected. I'm not arguing that at all.

Social security is hardly a "hand out" it's something you and your employer have paid into for most of your life.

Guest Guest

You do realize that stating that those people pay _nothing_ is wrong right? They may not pay income taxes, but they pay social security taxes still, they still pay taxes on gasoline, sales taxes, taxes on phones, taxes on a myriad other items.

Yes, the top percentages do pay most of the income tax collected. I'm not arguing that at all.

Social security is hardly a "hand out" it's something you and your employer have paid into for most of your life.

We were talking specifically about federal income tax. Sorry if that destroys your arguement but you can't change details like that.

SS was intended to SUPPLEMENT a persons retirement, not totally bankroll it. I agree that it isn't a hand out for most though there are people who benefit from it without having paid into it. Unfortunately it is running out of money. The people who designed it did a poor job. Benefits need to be cut if there is to be any benefit for people who need it down the road.

Guest Guest

I think that anyone with the opportunity to make more money would jump at it even if they paid more taxes (at least I hope so). The law of diminishing returns probably kicks in at some point, but I don't think that it matters when you're making 200k and taking home like 150 of it.

Archived