2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

Ithaca, I believe. You would presume Vestal, with ME returning a lot. But, they lost their main two offensive threats. Will the Swartz kid be able to score for them?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another reason why soccer people are such pansies! they go into diatribes about bs and speculations about next season, blah, blah, blah. Post the link to the All-Star teams!

another reason why soccer people are such pansies! they go into diatribes about bs and speculations about next season, blah, blah, blah. Post the link to the All-Star teams!

...another reason why idiots like you continue to plague our society. The funny part about people that hate soccer? They are simply too stupid to understand the sport.

People don't hate soccer - they despise the "3 hour course" coaches who believe this gives them divine soccer wisdom (most of whom have never played the game competitively). That and the Soccer elitists that look down their noses at "non-premier" (translated non-paying) players and their parents. The same EURO-wannabes that blindly defend the flopping and other bush league (pansy?) antics of their EURO soccer heroes ...

This sport needs to develope it's own americanized rough and tumble style to make any significant break throughs at the international level. I just saw where the USA is ranked an embarassing 34th in the world by FIFA. Funny - for as much ass kissing as the American Soccer community does to the EUROs, you'd think they would garner more respect than a 34th Ranking. What a joke ...

This sport needs to develope it's own americanized rough and tumble style to make any significant break throughs at the international level. I just saw where the USA is ranked an embarassing 34th in the world by FIFA. Funny - for as much ass kissing as the American Soccer community does to the EUROs, you'd think they would garner more respect than a 34th Ranking. What a joke ...

To be honest I hate the diving and other time wasting stuff that is standard in the mens international game (for some reason only the Brasilian women play that way the rest of the women are actually great to watch in that regard). You are partially right with the assumption of how America will become competitive at the top levels. We do need a change but its not style as much as culture. The reason the USA does not compete as much is our lack of top level athletes. In foreign cultures they get the top of the food chain all the time the USA is lucky to get one occasionally and I can't blame people. Soccer isn't going to pay the bills here if you are a top level athlete your best chances lie elsewhere. Could you imagine people like Derrick Rose, Allen Iverson, Wes Welker or other average size guys with that level of speed and quickness on a soccer field. If the are fast enough to evade contact in smaller spaces like a baskeball court or a football field they could tear things up. Thats a long ways off however.

Guest Karl Heinz Rummenigge

To be honest I hate the diving and other time wasting stuff that is standard in the mens international game (for some reason only the Brasilian women play that way the rest of the women are actually great to watch in that regard). You are partially right with the assumption of how America will become competitive at the top levels. We do need a change but its not style as much as culture. The reason the USA does not compete as much is our lack of top level athletes. In foreign cultures they get the top of the food chain all the time the USA is lucky to get one occasionally and I can't blame people. Soccer isn't going to pay the bills here if you are a top level athlete your best chances lie elsewhere. Could you imagine people like Derrick Rose, Allen Iverson, Wes Welker or other average size guys with that level of speed and quickness on a soccer field. If the are fast enough to evade contact in smaller spaces like a baskeball court or a football field they could tear things up. Thats a long ways off however.

Very true ... I don't know how that culture will ever change though. That said - most all kids are playing youth soccer accross the country and have been for 10-15 years now. The college game has been gaining interest as scholarship opportunities are growing making it a worthy and realistic goal for a kid to pursue (free or partially free education through soccer prowess). Just not making a dent in the International "futbol" scene.

Maybe that Americanized rough and tumble style should be taught, executed, and introduced on the international stage. Granted - it would take a "Miracle on Ice" moment to break through, but look what it has done for Hockey.

Archived