2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tommy pools

I wish all you punks would stop talking crap on here about other programs. You are making this look like some of those

softball and football threads. Represent yourself/school with a little class.

Mastronardi Mgraw Kilmarx

UE has a lot more talent than just those three. The juniors are a really strong group. If UE struggles this year it will be for a lack of coaching, not a lack of talent

What M-E people don't understand is that while those players are all decent (with the exception of maybe Kosecke), they are average players in the AA side of the STAC. M-E had been in the upper 3 teams when they were in the East/Central, but now they are in the bottom half of the league in te West/Metro. Vestal, Elmira, Corning, Horseheads, and Ithaca all have stronger programs than M-E.

Maine endwell has a better arsenal of players as in kozceke, hostrander swartz.. and your going to try and tell me U-E will be better because they have one good junior DeMichelle? funny. U-E has a mediocre midfield as well as defense and for the offense couldnt give you one name.

I think that vestal should win all of STAC and go far in states they have a very strong team with Hoover, Clark, Rocco, Pelto and many other strong players. They also have Calvey in goal who is very solid and will probably have multiple clean sheets.

STAC boys soccer power rankings (top 5)

1 - Vestal, they just return too many quality player not to stay on top.

2 - Ithaca, they were successfuly under thier old coach who looked like he knew nothing. They should only climb with a new coach that knows the game.

3 - Elmira, EFA has been one of he best STAC teams for 5 or 6 years now. The same coach gets more talent and twice as many players? I almost put them #2.

4 - Maine-Endwell, they return alot of good players as well, but they are no where near the top 3 teams in the conference.

5 - Horseheads, once a quality program has to resurge at some point, right?

STAC boys soccer power rankings (top 5)

1 - Vestal, they just return too many quality player not to stay on top.

2 - Ithaca, they were successfuly under thier old coach who looked like he knew nothing. They should only climb with a new coach that knows the game.

3 - Elmira, EFA has been one of he best STAC teams for 5 or 6 years now. The same coach gets more talent and twice as many players? I almost put them #2.

4 - Maine-Endwell, they return alot of good players as well, but they are no where near the top 3 teams in the conference.

5 - Horseheads, once a quality program has to resurge at some point, right?

Have to disagree, Vestal squeaked by Ithaca last year and struggled with EFA also the talent they return is not as strong as you are making it out to be. Your move of M-E to #4 makes me wonder what you are coming from. They were not a good team last year so even if they return the talent how do they go from bad (a losing record) to top 5? Oneonta is well above them they did lose some talent but not enough to drop that far, hell even SV beat M-E last year and they were third in the Central so Owego JC and SV all could be above them still with what they all return.

#1 Elmira- a great coach gets to fill any holes they might have had

#2 tie Vestal & Ithaca- Vestal will win division but Ithaca may actually be better but loses out to Elmira

#4 Oneonta- top small school team

#5 JC- the defense is solid, attack has options only question is GK

Maine endwell has a better arsenal of players as in kozceke, hostrander swartz.. and your going to try and tell me U-E will be better because they have one good junior DeMichelle? funny. U-E has a mediocre midfield as well as defense and for the offense couldnt give you one name.

DeMichelle is not the only good junior coming up, Kilpatrick, Mencel, Siglar.... the midfield is far from mediocre with Mastronardi,Kilmarx,DeMichelle and McGraw (all preimere players).. thats pretty soild if you would have to ask me.

Have to disagree, Vestal squeaked by Ithaca last year and struggled with EFA also the talent they return is not as strong as you are making it out to be. Your move of M-E to #4 makes me wonder what you are coming from. They were not a good team last year so even if they return the talent how do they go from bad (a losing record) to top 5? Oneonta is well above them they did lose some talent but not enough to drop that far, hell even SV beat M-E last year and they were third in the Central so Owego JC and SV all could be above them still with what they all return.

#1 Elmira- a great coach gets to fill any holes they might have had

#2 tie Vestal & Ithaca- Vestal will win division but Ithaca may actually be better but loses out to Elmira

#4 Oneonta- top small school team

#5 JC- the defense is solid, attack has options only question is GK

Vestal squeaked by Ithaca but beat them 3 times and the last time was a man down and vestal is probably better than last year and ithaca is much worse. Also vestal didn't struggle at all with EFA they beat them easily...

Who is the EFA Coach?

Vestal squeaked by Ithaca but beat them 3 times and the last time was a man down and vestal is probably better than last year and ithaca is much worse. Also vestal didn't struggle at all with EFA they beat them easily...

Not sure if UE is good or Oneonta is not good. It is a scrimmage it gives coaches time to also allow plaeyers that will not see much playing time during the year to play.

Vestal beat JC 6-0 so does that mean JC is that bad and vestal is that good?

Given the Vestal team, I'd say yes. The Vestal team has a deep bench, and size over the JC team. For the first 10 minutes of the scrimmage, Oneonta dominated and was up 2-0. UE didn't fall apart, and all but 1 started scorer, but even with the changes on the field, the UE team played as a team.

This is false. Vestal beat EFA 2-0 last season and EFA scored an own goal. Vestal was the better team, but it was a well contested match.

This is false. Vestal beat EFA 2-0 last season and EFA scored an own goal. Vestal was the better team, but it was a well contested match.

I was wondering what the other person saw because I agree EFA/Vestal was a good game, no way I would say Vestal beat EFA easily. Have to agree that M-E is being given too much credit at this point, fact is Riley is an unknown as a coach, he teaches skills but game management is another thing. I hope he does well but can't say he'll make the group at ME a contender already

Archived